The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 29th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Warship
異議あり!

Nature: Jolly
Look at the starter Pokemon you chose as your partner and think of the moves they possibly use. Which move would be a *star* move for them? Which one would they be using far often? (Like Ash's Pikachu uses Thunderbolt almost all the time, for example)

hmm thats a good question i suppose turtwig's move would be razor leaf because he has a twig on its head and it might be its attacking part i really cant think of any other move now
Old April 29th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

Look at the starter Pokemon you chose as your partner and think of the moves they possibly use. Which move would be a *star* move for them? Which one would they be using far often? (Like Ash's Pikachu uses Thunderbolt almost all the time, for example)

Hmm, kinda hard to answer, since a lot of the starters don't really learn moves exclusive to them, ie not shared with other starters of the same type. The only thing that really comes to mind actually, is Sceptile with its Leaf Blade. As for Pidgey though, I honestly can't think of anything other than Fly, and I just don't really know if that would cut it. I mean, most people seem to catch the Pidgey line, solely to have a Pokemon to fly them around, but they still learn so many moves and sdfjhfghdfg. I'd probably have to go with Fly though, but I feel like that'd also apply to other starter birds, as well as how most other starters don't really seem to get moves that are exclusive to them.
Old April 29th, 2013, 04:08 PM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Hi! I want to join!

Username: miltankRancher
Your Starter Pokemon: Infernape
Nickname: Goku.

Flare Blitz, I guess. It's a really cool move, and it's reckless. I have always imagined all the Infernapes I owned were reckless, so FB is perfect for it.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old April 29th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Arcturus.
Chews nails and spits napalm

Nature: Quiet
I'd like to join. I was in the last club and I finally got around joining this one.

Username: Element0
Your Starter Pokemon: Bulbasaur
Nickname: None

For Bulbasaur, I think it would either be Vine Whip or Razor Leaf, and I'm leaning slightly towards Razor Leaf because it just seems like the type of move Bulbasaur would spam use a lot, since it has a plant on its back I guess.
CSS|VM/PM|THEME
Old April 29th, 2013, 05:28 PM
tekxxstat84xp
i am...THE BIG STAR!!!

Nature: Rash
Username: Tekxxstat84xp
Your Starter Pokemon: Dewott
Nickname: King

Kings signature move would be razor shell but powered up somehow like by the mystic water. Like dawns piplup with peck, its beak gets longer, kings blade would get longer.

Old April 29th, 2013, 06:51 PM
lmcde22

Hypothetically, would you like to start your Pokemon journey with an unevolved flying-type starter pokemon? Do you think this'll make your journey a lot easier or harder?

As bad as it sounds, i would like a Zubat as a starter because i love Crobat so damn much.
also having a flying starter would be good for shredding the fighting and bug type gyms that are generally early in the game and usually kanda difficult.

Look at the starter Pokemon you chose as your partner and think of the moves they possibly use. Which move would be a *star* move for them? Which one would they be using far often?

My Charmander would shred flamethrower and maybe metal claw...
Old April 30th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Giant Magikarp
I like Iris...

Nature: Adamant
Look at the starter Pokemon you chose as your partner and think of the moves they possibly use. Which move would be a *star* move for them? Which one would they be using far often?

My Munchlax should use Body Slam or Rest coz he's Munchlax
Old April 30th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Autumn Reverie
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

Nature: Modest
Username: synerjee

Your Starter Pokemon: Cyndaquil! <3

The star move for my Cyndaquil would definitely be Flamethrower. What else would be suitable for that adorable power-packed starter?

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old April 30th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
oh my goodness! More members! I am so grateful for that! Welcome aboard to those who just joined! I'm so glad to see y'all. Great choices of Pokemon by the way!

For my starter, which is Meganium, it would definitely be solarbeam, but the problem with that is in the games it learns the move towards last. So it takes a lot longer for a Meganium in the game to learn solarbeam. But I do also imagine it learning Vine Whip as their star move, as a grass type it can wipe out their opponent in battle using vine whip, as the whip is stronger since it had evolved.

CHASE ELLIOTT
enjoyillinois.com 300 winner | chicago, illinois | july 19, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

Shining Armour
[22:39] ★srinator: ur sig would become so much more better with my name on it
Old May 1st, 2013, 06:10 PM
miltankRancher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganium90 View Post
For my starter, which is Meganium, it would definitely be solarbeam, but the problem with that is in the games it learns the move towards last. So it takes a lot longer for a Meganium in the game to learn solarbeam.
I never thought of that! I just realized that my Infernape would not also learn Flare Blitz until later in the game. How would that be a star move? *smacks forehead*

Well then, I guess Mach Punch would be the next candidate. As I said, Infernapes are quick species of Pokemon. Being the first to throw a punch (literally) would be really apt for it.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old May 1st, 2013, 07:38 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Haha yeah...most of the star moves we think would be suitable for our Pokemon would be learned last. It was quite a difficult question to answer. xD Mach Punch seems to be a powerful move to be considered as a *star* great choice!

CHASE ELLIOTT

Shining Armour
Old May 2nd, 2013, 03:56 PM
miltankRancher

Quote:
Haha yeah...most of the star moves we think would be suitable for our Pokemon would be learned last. It was quite a difficult question to answer. xD Mach Punch seems to be a powerful move to be considered as a *star* great choice!
Well, what can I say? Mach Punch can be spammed (without any known drawback) and it is fairly easy to see an Infernape use Mach Punch, considering that it is a fighting type. Plus, being an early-game move is really a wonderful thing.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 03:38 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid

Chikorita is my ideal starter, so... hmmm. Magical Leaf would be fun, I'd love to get trainers with that move since it doesn't miss often. :3 Love Leaf Storm too though; it's super strong and, though it lowers your power, I still think it'd be an awesome move to take out an opponent quickly.

Old May 10th, 2013, 03:41 AM
Avishka
bye.
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
Arcanine is my starter so.. it's starter *star* move will be Flamethrower or Flame Burst
i haven't played pokemon in ages ....i dont remember many moves

Old May 10th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

BOOM. New topic, guys! Gonna keep it gooooooooing. :D

Aside from the Starter Pokemon offered in this group, what other Pokemon could you choose as a starter?

CHASE ELLIOTT

Shining Armour
Old May 11th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
BOOM. New topic, guys! Gonna keep it gooooooooing. :D

Aside from the Starter Pokemon offered in this group, what other Pokemon could you choose as a starter?
By "what other Pokemon could you choose as a starter?", do you mean starters that are not included in any Pokémon game or application, or starters that are missing on the club's list?

Oh, and you forgot to update the "starter Pokémon" list in the OT. Might be a good idea to recheck.
Old May 12th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Starry Windy
Keep smiling yo~
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Starry Windy
I think Axew does count, since we could play as one in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates of Infinity.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old May 13th, 2013, 05:36 AM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Newcomer here.
Username: AnonygooseD
Starter: Totodile

Porygon, I just love that Pokemon & feel sorry for it being banned from the anime, I wish the way it evolved could be easier than trading though...
Old May 13th, 2013, 05:58 AM
FiersomeLucia
The Blue Skies Will Appear...

Nature: Lonely
My Partner's Snivy... Leaf Blade. It was a move in game in my DS before I accidentally deleted my whole game. (Fantastic, isn't it?)

I knew the fact of saving something is really hard. It’s almost impossible no matter where I look at but in destroying something, which I’m very good at. Am I really born to ruin everything?
Old May 13th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Warship
異議あり!

i think meowth or skitty could be ideal since they were starters in pmd explorers of darkness/time/sky and perhaps clefairy too since it was considered to be the mascot of pokemon instead of pikachu and lets not forget marill as it was basically a gen 2 pikachu also emolga too as a gen 5 pikachu.

man that was long :D
Old May 19th, 2013, 04:55 PM
lmcde22

Gastly would be a good starter. Good stats, fair movepool. Although you might have trouble with the Route 1 Normal-Types
Old May 20th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

Hmm, I'm not quite sure about this. I feel like a lot of Normal types would fit the whole starter type thing, as quite a few of them fit the bill both design-wise and stat-wise. However, most of the Normal type Pokemon only have two stages, where I feel like they start not really fitting in as starters. Part of what makes me love starter Pokemon so much, is that their evolutionary line is designed in a way, so that it feels like with every stage in their evolutionary line is like a new stage in their life. The first stage is when they're babies, second is the teenage years, and the final stage is when they're adults, and that kinda creates a bond between the player and their starter Pokemon (well, for those who see Pokemon as more than slaves for battle :p). But yeah, even missing that one stage is enough to make that whole journey completely different for me :/ The Normal types with 3 evolutionary stages do however fit well enough in my book, so try and guess which one I'm gonna say!

it's pidgey btw
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:33 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Thinking about the "two-stage" vs. "three-stage" thing, it left me wondering.

Suppose we have a main series Pokémon game where the starter evolves at set plot points instead of at a level. Would it work better than the current approach? Then again, for two-stage Pokémon, some plot wiggle room would be needed for the first "point", but, hmm...

Or should we block any evolution until the story has been wrapped up?
Old May 27th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Warship
異議あり!

hm i guess we can post questions as well right? here goes.

Does your starter has a move it cant learn but should learn because of its biological structure? If it does, what is it?

Personally i think turtwig should learn Shell Smash because it has a shell and all. it wouldnt made much difference in competitive play but i think it would have been more logical and also many turtle pokemon like turtwig can learn it (e.g. carracosta). maybe Razor Shell too but not necessarily since it needs to use its shell more freely but im really surprised it cant learn shell smash
Old May 29th, 2013, 08:28 PM
lmcde22

Does your starter has a move it cant learn but should learn because of its biological structure? If it does, what is it?

I'm pretty sure Charizard has it all covered... It learns a butt-load of dragon-type moves.. But the inverse being that it can learn Earthquake... Like whaaaaa? Fire/Flying type?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links