• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Wedlocke Challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
This is a twist on the pokemon nuzlocke challenge! Credits for this do go to Marriland (Youtuber).

Rules.
1. FAINTED POKEMON ARE DEAD :(
When a Pokemon faints, it must be released forever (or boxed permanently). It is considered to be dead.

2. ONLY CATCH THE 1ST ELIGIBLE POKEMON IN AN AREA.
You can catch or obtain only the first eligible obtainable Pokemon you encounter in any route or area, with exceptions being made based on the Pokemon's gender. Fail to catch it and you get nothing for the area.
• Genderless Pokemon cannot be caught. Ever.
• If you have 1, 3, or 5 Pokemon in your party, you ignore any Pokemon encounters whose gender you have an uneven number of, e.g. if you have just one male Pokemon and two female Pokemon, you cannot catch any more female Pokemon until the count is even again. If you have an even number of each gender, this does not apply.
• "Dupes Clause" is recommended, to add to the uniqueness of each Pokemon. This means you do not count any encounter against any Pokemon whose species you have already caught, which is usually determined by the Poke Ball symbol by their HP bar.

3. ALL POKEMON MUST BE NICKNAMED
This is to increase the bond between you and your Pokemon. They're not just randoms; they're your friends. Treat them accordingly.

4. YOUR POKEMON ARE "PARTNERED" WITH EACH OTHER AND FIGHT IN PAIRS
• Only one male and one female can form a pair, and once they do, it lasts until one dies or is released.
• Each Pokemon on your team can battle only alongside its partner, if it has one. Switching Pokemon out in battle is allowed, but ONLY for the Pokemon's partner.
• If a Pokemon dies in battle, its partner must avenge the fallen Pokemon or die along with them; switching to any other Pokemon is forbidden, regardless of circumstance. (In the case of Double or Triple Battles, you may have to make exceptions. Do what feels right.)
• If a Pokemon's partner dies, it can gain a new one that doesn't already have a partner (either from a PC box or a wild Pokemon)

5. YOU CANNOT DEPOSIT POKEMON TO YOUR PC
• You must release Pokemon or have them die in battle if you want to withdraw anything in your PC.
• You can freely release your Pokemon (up to you if it counts as a "death" or not), but you will probably feel like a jerk for doing it.
• If you absolutely require HM moves to get through the game, you may temporarily break this rule and deposit a pair of Pokemon in the PC for one or two HM Pokemon; however, they cannot fight or do anything other than use HM moves outside of battle, and should be removed as soon as one of your main Pokemon can use the required HM move.

Challenges:
Spoiler:

Champions:
Spoiler:

I would Love for someone to make me some userbars for this challenge!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
Meh what the heck.
Ima di this on Emerald
Nickname restriction: Males are fruit, Females are Vegetables
Additional rule: Dupes clause: if I run into a pokemon I already have, I can skip onto the next pkmn I see.

Ps: were can I change my name?

~R~

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
1st update!

So then, ive beaten roxanne and about to get the devon goods back from Team Aqua.
Also one pokemon died. :-(

Team:
Kiwi the Mild Beautifly
Level 11
Ability: Swarm
Tackle
String Shot
Poison Sting
Absorb

Paired with

Carrot the Careful Marill
Level 8 (gonna give this the xp share)
Ability: Huge Power
Tackle
Defense Curl
Tail whip

Tangerine the Modest Treecko
Level 14
Ability: Overgrow
Pound
Leer
Absorb
Quick attack

Boxed: None

Death Box:
Parsnip the Poochyena
Level 3-8 killed by crit from a trainer's zigzagoon :-(

RIP Parsnip, you would have made a great Mightyena. Now who will tangerine pair with? RIP

Matty Mayhem

Matty :3
Years
I'm starting this with the Pokemon Emerald randomizer to make the challenge a little more fun. It randomizes the starter pokemon and pokemon that appear.

- My starters happened to be Houndoom, Vulpix, and Ninetales. I was thinking of re-randomizing, but I decided against it and went with Houndoom.
- Caught Chimecho (female) at level 3 on the first route. My team now consists of a male Houndoom and a female Chimecho. The Chimecho only knows Wrap, so it won't be much help.
- The Chimecho got annihilated by a wild Entei, time to find another female.
- Caught a female Numel on the next route (north of Oldale), guess I got a fiery pair.
- Guess what, the Numel got killed by a Jirachi. Time to find yet ANOTHER female.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
I hope more people can sign up, it's a really fun challenge!

Anyway, I started on Soul Silver and here's an adventure log so far;

• Did the basic introduction stuff
  • Picked up my starter, Chikorita whom I named Strawberry
  • Tried to avoi Wild Battles so I could get the Pokeballs ASAP
  • Battled my Rival and got back to New Bark Town with a few levels gained
  • Got the Pokeballs and began the real challenge!
  • Went onto Route 30 and after several same gender encounters, I caught my second team member which was a Kakuna (Turnip) who is now paired with Chikorita.
  • Went back to Route 29 to catch my third member which ended up being Rattata (Potato)
  • After catching my third member I needed a fourth Pokemon to make a second pair, I went onto Route 44 and caught myself a Spearow (Coconut) which gave me a total of two pairs!
  • Went back onto Route 30 to start some training, battled the trainers and gained a few levels
  • I skipped Dark Cave & Route 31 for encounters because I had other Pokemon in mind. Reached Violet City and got the Slugma Egg from Primo who became my fifth team member nickname Tomato.
  • Finally, for a sixth pair I went onto Route 32 to catch a pair for Slugma which ended up being Mareep (Blueberry)
  • Trained both Mareep & Slugma to catch up to the other pairs in preparation for the Gym, unfortunately Mareep got knocked out which resulted in Tomato being left unpaired for the time being!

The Team
152.png
014.png

Strawberry Lv. 10 Turnip Lv. 7
021.png
019.png

Coconut Lv. 6 Potato Lv. 7
218.png

Tomato Lv. 5

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Well mine says it's Fire Red but I have been playing on Emerald on my actual cartridge.

Here is le team at the seventh gym:

254.gif
279.gif

Level 42 - Male. Level 40 - Female.

297.gif
314.gif

Level 40 - Male. Level 43 - Female.

323.gif
317f.gif

Level 46 - Male. Level 35 - Female.

Boxed:
341.gif
Male.
293.gif
Female.
266.gif
Female.

Dead:
286.gif
Male.
291.gif
Male.
334.gif
Female.
364.gif
Female.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
This challenge is over two months old, so please don't post in it. Someone can restart it if they wish!

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back