The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:32 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
The wireless adaptor was an additional piece of hardware that was packaged with original copies of Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen. It was also compatible with Pokémon Emerald. It pretty much was just a wireless link cable, except it was the only way players could play Pokémon Jump, Dodrio's Berry Picking and make Berry Powder together. So what was your favourite mini-game out of the three? Did you ever use the wireless adaptor? What else should you have been able to do with them? What are your high scores in the minigames?

Discuss!

So fruity~
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:57 AM
The Doctor
I've got new kidneys!
Community Supporter

Location: The planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous
I think i used it quite a bit though I can't really remember what for. I was a lot younger. I definately remember playing the mini games though.

IGN: Adam
Old May 13th, 2013, 10:06 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
I absolutely used the Wireless Adaptor! I had a link cable that I'd obviously use when trading to Ruby and stuff, but for FireRed/LeafGreen/Emerald, I always used the Wireless Adaptor. It was of course way more convenient, and it looked cool too. However, I never got to play the Dodrio minigame since as far as I knew you needed a third person to play (but I didn't really care anyway). I DID play the Jump Rope mini-game, but rather than playing it with someone else I just played both Gameboys myself. Very social of me, indeed, but it got me a decent score if I remember correctly! :P

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old May 13th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Azure Rathalδs
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I never had a wireless link adaptor, however I feel that cables would still be good enough for me. Plus, the wireless adaptor was only compatible with a few other games outside of Pokemon, and it was also released too late into the GBA's life to make a splash.

I think if they made it so that it emulated a link cable I think it would've been much better, although I do recall Majesco making a accessory that did that.
Old May 13th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
Could swear I made this a few months ago, so I came here like "omg who revived my thread" and it's new o

Anyway, I had the adapters, but had no one to use them with. Most of the original Pokemon fans at the time of gen III were going through the "Pokemon is lame" phase and quit playing, so that really limited my pool of friends to play with. I don't have the adapters anymore sadly, and I wish I did, just cause they're a neat little piece of gaming history. I mean...now we have wifi and it's really nothing special anymore to connect with people without the wires.

Anyway, never got to play the games, but I'm sure they were a neat addition at the time.
Old May 13th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

No, sadly. First game was Emerald, and when I eventually got a copy of LeafGreen I had a) sold my GBA and b) knowingly purchased it minus the wireless adapters. Wi-fi was a godsend for me, being able to finally get an Alakazam, for example (only to find I didn't like it that much).
Old May 13th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
Both copies of FireRed that I got were actually used, so I wasn't able to get one of the wireless adapters. I was actually quite disappointed that we couldn't even use a game link cable for the mini-games, since you were still connecting between the two games. I actually remember trying to play the games on Two Island with my cousin over the link cable, and I got pretty frustrated it wouldn't work, haha.
Old May 14th, 2013, 01:23 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I was lucky that my brother also had a game, so we could play some of these games. It's a shame none of them were really all that good. I would say that Pokémon Jump was the best of all of them though. I really just wish I could get a high enough score to get the trainer star.
Old May 14th, 2013, 03:02 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I only used it once at an New Year party with my little cousin, the games were a bit boring after a while though.
Old May 14th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Sephirothxx
Never leaving Gold

Nature: Relaxed
Ah man my brother and I try to see who can mash A the fastest in the berry crusher. I love it. Don't have enough wireless adapters to do berry picking Pokemon jump is pretty cool, though. Of the 2 I've played, I like them both a lot.
Old May 15th, 2013, 02:08 AM
The Corrupt Plague
Missingno. hunter

Nature: Naughty
I have three of them which are now gathering dust in some forgotten corner. Never got to play the minigames since I didn't have any friends back then. I used them for trading between Leafgreen and Emerald and it was much better than using the cable, at least in my opinion.

Credit goes to Team Brushfire for the awesome banner!
Old May 19th, 2013, 04:26 PM
red5677
Non-Existent Elite Four Champ

Nature: Brave
I really thought that it was useless, because when they advertised it in the trailer there were 40 people or something in the union room.
Old May 20th, 2013, 04:12 PM
lmcde22

i never got to use it it was a shame. i had a hardwire cable for trading though
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links