Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 10th, 2013, 09:41 PM
AXELXu7
Kusari Ninja

Nature: Quirky
I wish they'd implement character customization and being able to choose what you say to people. Give the character a voice for crap's sake! This is the main reason I was so interested in ROM hacks.
-Got a Machinehead, Better than the rest.-

Old April 14th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Although extremely unlikely, I wouldn't mind it if there was some sort of department in the shopping mall in these games (assuming there is a mall, which there most likely would be), that's dedicated to giving you maximum customization in your character! Like, they would be selling (sun)glasses, probably scarves as well as other additional items that you could wear~!
Old April 14th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Although extremely unlikely, I wouldn't mind it if there was some sort of department in the shopping mall in these games (assuming there is a mall, which there most likely would be), that's dedicated to giving you maximum customization in your character! Like, they would be selling (sun)glasses, probably scarves as well as other additional items that you could wear~!
I doubt most of the accessories (especially good ones) will be available in-game and easy to purchase with the in-game currency. Since the company is mostly looking for a reason for others to spend more money on their products, they might distribute some accessories through downloadable content.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 11:39 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithel_Celestia View Post
I doubt most of the accessories (especially good ones) will be available in-game and easy to purchase with the in-game currency. Since the company is mostly looking for a reason for others to spend more money on their products, they might distribute some accessories through downloadable content.
Seems more reasonable, albeit slightly not at the same time, though I can see the intent behind it. Though I'm not sure if anyone would really be willing to fork over some real cash for virtual Pokemon accessories. D:
Old April 22nd, 2013, 01:32 PM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Calm
You'd be surprised. There are a lot of games online with absolutely no point at all that have people constantly spending money on accessories just to chat. I think Pokemon is popular enough for people to buy into it. Hell, I'd be into it if I could buy options like skin color. So long as they try to keep it away from being a complete money grab.
Don't you think Hoenn deserves to be at least this beautiful?

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922
Old April 22nd, 2013, 01:34 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Payne View Post
You'd be surprised. There are a lot of games online with absolutely no point at all that have people constantly spending money on accessories just to chat. I think Pokemon is popular enough for people to buy into it. Hell, I'd be into it if I could buy options like skin color. So long as they try to keep it away from being a complete money grab.
Depends on the prices, too. I'm hoping they're at least going to be reasonable, if anything? x_x That's what worries me the most, if anything else.
Old April 27th, 2013, 12:53 PM
MartinJF
Smoochum

So, I think I suggested this back before Black and White came out, but I still think it would be a cool addition. What if we could unlock different costumes for our protagonists to use by doing different things in the game, sort of like C-gear skins or achievements or something similar. It wouldn't be that difficult to add, I would imagine, and I would really love it. What are your thoughts? What costumes would you like to see?
Soulsilver: 3267 4112 4136

Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo
Papa Oscar Kilo Echo Mike Oscar November
Old April 27th, 2013, 07:06 PM
MarinoKadame

Let's see if we will need some games to get exclusive costumes.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old April 27th, 2013, 09:34 PM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinJF View Post
So, I think I suggested this back before Black and White came out, but I still think it would be a cool addition. What if we could unlock different costumes for our protagonists to use by doing different things in the game, sort of like C-gear skins or achievements or something similar. It wouldn't be that difficult to add, I would imagine, and I would really love it. What are your thoughts? What costumes would you like to see?
This. C-gear skin is seldom a really noticeable change, since (in-game) it serves no role. However, if they distribute passwords to unlock certain costumes, let's say a Red-mod, it would be much more noticeable and more welcome since it adds a certain spice to playing, running around ala- Red.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old April 28th, 2013, 06:00 AM
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
I think there should be different outfits for different seasons (assuming if they cntinue season changes) like shorts for summer, woolen jackets/sweaters/blazers for winter etc.
Old April 28th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Naikado

Nature: Adamant
I'd really, really like to see character customization because it's one of my favorite things in a lot of games with it, but I don't know if Game Freak will put in the effort for it.

I'd be happy even if it was just allowing for choosing between multiple models, assuming they're not all Hilbert.
Old April 28th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham2207 View Post
I think there should be different outfits for different seasons (assuming if they cntinue season changes) like shorts for summer, woolen jackets/sweaters/blazers for winter etc.
That'd actually be a really cool thing to have. It was nice having Platinum with the protagonists being dressed up for the winter, but then that didn't even stretch out past the first few routes, and then all the snow was gone. Now that we have proper seasons, having clothing to change in to that varies with the weather would be awesome. I mean, I doubt someone would wear a very light jacket and shorts while it was winter out.
Old April 30th, 2013, 12:24 AM
Krookodile777
Togepi

I would love that, especially if we could customize our rival too

https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&...15-61212-99488
Or 15-61212-99488 (Watch on your DS)
(^Good battle video of mine)
Old April 30th, 2013, 12:36 AM
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
We don't need to customize the rival's outfit.

He can do it all by himself..! :-P
Old April 30th, 2013, 03:01 AM
Krookodile777
Togepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham2207 View Post
We don't need to customize the rival's outfit.

He can do it all by himself..! :-P
I just think it'd be fun to make the rival look like an idiot lol
Old April 30th, 2013, 03:35 AM
Branellope
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Branellope
Trainer customization is something I'm slightly torn on. I look at the pros and cons of it and decide that way.

If it were my way, I'd have full customization for every aspect of the trainer, but then there's no identifiable protagonist, no one to base Ash off or put in the movies/Anime.
Game Freak, realistically, would have it so you have one base trainer, and have it so you can change the colour of their jeans/skirt/shorts, trainers, jacket and hair. I think different hats of slightly varying designs for the clothes aren't too much of a far stretch either.
They'd probably want to make it so no two trainers look the same so everyone has a distinctive design, but the character still resembles the base design enough.
Watch this wicked Pokémon Battle, and PM me if you want a battle. Also watch me talking about how I flirted with famous people.
"A good trainer wins despite hinderances" - Serebii
"I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim" - Bring Me The Horizon - Can You Feel My Heart
Old April 30th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Which is honestly why I think (albeit it would be the coolest thing ever) it's really unlikely for GF to introduce the feature into the games. Honestly though, you would've think that they would at least have some sort of change of heart by now, and at least try to introduce something new instead of re-hashing the same things for each and every generation, y'know?

But of course, we don't know what's going to happen for this gen, so hopefully they have something good up their sleeves. I'm just not that hopeful that character customization is one of them. x_x
Old April 30th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Although I think it does make sense to pull trainers from the games to throw in the anime (Other than the obvious Gym Leaders and stuff, I mean characters like May as she was the female protagonist Gen 3), it also isn't absolutely necessary either. It's really not the far from the realm of possibility that the anime could just create entirely new characters from scratch. If the reasons that we're holding off on being able to customize our character is just because the anime needs to have a single character to pull from, then I think priorities should be re-evaluated. Although it's not a feature that's necessary or anything, it shouldn't be contingent on what the anime wants to do, especially since it comes out after the games.

tl;dr Inclusion of customization shouldn't care about what the anime wants to do
Old May 1st, 2013, 12:01 AM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!

I'd personally take skin color and hair color over other forms of customization honestly, but that's just me. I wouldn't care as much if I was stuck with the same hairdo or clothes design so it would still basically be a model of the 'official' region's protagonist.

This is probably something that would be the lowest of priorities, if even considered at all, when it comes to what they'd do with something like this, but eh...one can dream.

Old May 1st, 2013, 04:09 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
I would love player customization. I have been wanting it for a long time. I usually like the protagonists of the games, but I would like to make the characters a little more like myself.
Old May 1st, 2013, 07:15 PM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!

That's how I feel. Unlike many other games where there is a 'set' set character, the protagonists in Pokemon games are supposed to be more of a reflection of ourselves, the players. That's why I'm hoping to get some decent customization too.

Old May 2nd, 2013, 08:23 PM
BluuArrowz

You Probably wont be able to change cloths until end of the game or late game. Or watch it just be a cut scene.
Twitter: @MrDarkoness
Nintendo 3DS: Bluu 2148 8149 0860
Old May 14th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
CONFIRMED by the Pokémon Company. At certain points in the game we'll be able to get new accessories and outfits for our protagonists. We'll be able to go back and change our outfits whenever we like. Also, since the new camera angles show our characters close up and in detail, we'll be able to see their new outfits on them.

So, it looks like we won't only be able to just change skin color, eye color, and hair color after all!
Old May 14th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Branellope
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Branellope
Interesting. It makes sense how they're doing this, the character remains the same but you can get new outfits. It never occoured to me to have them customizable later.
Watch this wicked Pokémon Battle, and PM me if you want a battle. Also watch me talking about how I flirted with famous people.
"A good trainer wins despite hinderances" - Serebii
"I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim" - Bring Me The Horizon - Can You Feel My Heart
Old May 14th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
CONFIRMED by the Pokémon Company. At certain points in the game we'll be able to get new accessories and outfits for our protagonists. We'll be able to go back and change our outfits whenever we like. Also, since the new camera angles show our characters close up and in detail, we'll be able to see their new outfits on them.

So, it looks like we won't only be able to just change skin color, eye color, and hair color after all!
Just saw this, and I literally couldn't be happier. From just the general accessories being around, plus I just saw that the skin color would be able to be modified, I am extremely pleased. It totally makes sense to take advantage of the new system and show off what it is really capable of. I don't think I could be happier with how this new generation is turning out.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links