The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Cat

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
This region looks like no other, it looks like a nice little central region which will be interesting to explore!

Old May 14th, 2013, 09:16 AM
iTeruri
iAm

I don't think that's Stonehenge. France has many stones like that called menhirs. Of course, Stonehenge also consist of menhirs, but there happens to be remains of the largest known menhir in a place that's almost in the same spot as the supposed Stonehenge: Locmariaquer.

At least, I think the place with the stones is supposed to be Brittany, with the smaller penisula (the one with the river) being Normandy. There appears to be a city in the ocean between the two, in the Pokémon version, which seems to reference Mont Saint-Michel.

Last edited by iTeruri; May 14th, 2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old May 14th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
I'm wondering if everyone played the same Gen 3 games. Hoenn was Half water half grassland with a little topping of sand and mountain. Hoenn was not that diverse at all. It followed Kanto fairly well. First City into a second city, Third city After a forest, Third City near a small mountain range. Fourth City near the ocean (Cerulean was near a cape that overlooked the ocean and Dewford was a small island), Fourth City was a port. For more than half of Hoenn you are on grass routes with a few caves. Something that is in every game. Only thing that set Hoenn off from the others was the Volcano and Ash field which hasn't really been used since Gen 3. Other than that which doesn't add more diversity than the others, Hoenn was no more diverse than Sinnoh or Johto or Unova. There were plenty of non-modern places all over Unova. The games get more diverse as the generations trot on.

Sinnoh was a large mixture of water, Grass, Mountian, topped with a little bit of Snow on the top.

Kalos IS the most diverse, more diverse than any region before. Its going to have very similar quirks to older regions as is tradition, but it has the most Biomes that I can see on the map.

I do wonder why Kalos Region is star shaped though. Looks as if its going to force us through one main path just like Unova did.
France is sort of Star shape. Also the map like many others seems to lack some routes. I beleive we'll be going back forth and have intersecting routes like in Hoenn and Sinnoh rather than Unova's rather liner map...at least I hope so.
Old May 14th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
France is sort of Star shape. Also the map like many others seems to lack some routes. I beleive we'll be going back forth and have intersecting routes like in Hoenn and Sinnoh rather than Unova's rather liner map...at least I hope so.
The cartoony maps hardly ever show routes on them. Its different from the game map. When we get that one we should see a fairly large abundance of routes that weren't on the cartoony map. We know there are at least 5 so far.
Old May 14th, 2013, 09:55 AM

I said like many maps as in the cartoony maps of regions past it's missing routes xD. So yeah it'll likely add in a lot of routes. I actually see the routes being curved and intersecting oddly as in france and the rest of europe a lot of old roads weren't made using rhe grid system like in the US so the curved routes would make sense.
Old May 14th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Sverige
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

I was hoping for some more islands.
Old May 14th, 2013, 10:13 AM

Maybe post game we'll go to islands based on france's oversea islands? They could be a mini region.
Old May 14th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Sverige
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

Quote:
Maybe post game we'll go to islands based on france's oversea islands? They could be a mini region.
That's be so cool! I've really been disappointed with the 'islands' of BW/BW2

Nice username btw :p
Old May 14th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
I really like the more arty style of the map. It seems more bright and vibrant than other region maps.

Also from looking at the layout it doesn't look like the routes will be in a boring shape, they might be all over the place again like before Unova.
Old May 14th, 2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
I really like the more arty style of the map. It seems more bright and vibrant than other region maps.

Also from looking at the layout it doesn't look like the routes will be in a boring shape, they might be all over the place again like before Unova.
I agree, it seems like it'll be messy, and fun like pre Unova. Maybe it'll be like Kanto even.
Old May 14th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Cat

Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
I like how it's all contained locally, the towns looks scattered over a smallish area but it looks fun.

Old May 14th, 2013, 10:59 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

First region that says its name roots out loud hm?

White 2:4814-8483-7594

3DS:4871 4138 8216
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Rivvon
they see me ridin'~they hatin'

The region really looks like France with a bit of Germany, and the locations look very diverse. Just by the map alone, I'm thinking this may be my favorite region thus far.
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
I think it is very possible for Kalos and Unova to be linked by the way it looks. I don't know 100% though. It is probably far away by itself like Unova, but one can hope.

I would like to point out that this probably is not what the in game map will look like, they always make a 3D like map, but in game it is almost always 2D.
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:17 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman3317 View Post
I think it is very possible for Kalos and Unova to be linked by the way it looks. I don't know 100% though. It is probably far away by itself like Unova, but one can hope.
Since the Routes have reset again, we can pretty much say Kalos is nowhere near Unova, just like how France is nowhere near the USA

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:18 AM
ilias_

I love the new region!!!! I was hoping for some more islands too Anyway, it is amazing!! Cant wait!

Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokemon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
Ah, didn't know the routes had been reset again. Yes I agree fully now that it is alone.

On the other hand, I am loving the snow area in the top right corner. I guess we will not have seasons this game.

Also, my guess is that the first town where we start is the small town in the bottom left. It is kinda cut off form the rest of the region.
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Rivvon
they see me ridin'~they hatin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman3317 View Post
Ah, didn't know the routes had been reset again. Yes I agree fully now that it is alone.

On the other hand, I am loving the snow area in the top right corner. I guess we will not have seasons this game.
Not necessarily. Unova's art shows the mountains looking snowy. Some areas in Kalos can just be colder than others--even Antartica has seasons (I think!)!
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Esper

Looks like we have some fancy garden just south of Paris Lumiose City. That pretty much cinches it as Versailles. I also like how they've interpreted Mont Saint-Michel, the island cathedral-looking part on the western peninsula. And do I see the Millau Viaduct there on the eastern part of the map?

I get the feeling that we might start at the center bottom. There's a little town, then a short path before another town, then a forest, then a larger town, then Paris from which it looks like we might go in several different directions.

deviantart blog pair
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:42 AM

I hope we get to go inside that tall white mountain in what would be real life Germany on the map. It seems like there's an entrance to me...maybe it's the new Mt. Silver?
Old May 14th, 2013, 12:06 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

MAJOR SPOILER!

(Seriously, look at it.)

Spoiler:
It is confirmed there will be a Route 2 in the game.

Maybe not so much a spoiler after all, but because of the image, I spoilered it.

Cyclone

Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.
Old May 14th, 2013, 12:08 PM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
MAJOR SPOILER!

(Seriously, look at it.)

Spoiler:
It is confirmed there will be a Route 2 in the game.

Maybe not so much a spoiler after all, but because of the image, I spoilered it.

Cyclone
I believe most of us saw that, it's pretty hard to miss what with being tall, and blue =P

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old May 14th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

Nature: Lax
I'm pretty sure we've all seen that already for the most part. All it really means is that we have routes 1-whatever again, which probably means it isn't set near Unova, otherwise the route names would overlap.

Old May 14th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Zorogami
ON VACATION!!!

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I guess this confirms the routes will be reset, like it happened with Unova
And this probably means there wont be any travel to another region

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 14th, 2013, 01:46 PM
SaniOKh
The Cynical Completionist

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
France is sort of Star shape.
Sort of . Looks more like a hexagone to me (BTW, a popular nickname for the mainland France among the French population actually is "the Hexagone")

I like this new region. From the few routes I see, it looks like the map is going to be more complex than the map of Unova, and that's how I like it.

(I'm a little upset my city, Toulouse, doesn't seem to have a counterpart in this region, but it's just me :D )
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links