The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 6th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Ardos
Community Supporter

Advertise here
I watched all of Kanto, Johto, and the Orange Islands saga. I lost interest when the Hoenn series started, and stopped halfway through that. Never watched any of the Sinnoh episodes, but started watching again recently with the Unova episodes.
Old April 11th, 2013, 02:01 AM
Pokedude3012
Slayer of Milotics

Nature: Jolly
Stopped watching in the Sinnoh era. Does anyone think it's worth coming back?
Old April 11th, 2013, 07:19 AM
GFA
Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
I stopped watching whenever at the end of the Battle Frontier saga as I found the Sinnoh saga to be absolute trash. I am loving the Best Wishes anime though. The art is so smooth and I'll be damned if the story isn't back to it's original quality.
Old April 12th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokedude3012 View Post
Stopped watching in the Sinnoh era. Does anyone think it's worth coming back?
At least the early episodes are of Best Wishes. Those are the ones that I watched, and I'm disappointed that I just couldn't find the time to keep up with everything. From what I've heard, though, the anime is back up in quality, but I personally don't know that.

To answer the main question of the thread, I did stop watching the anime. Right around the Sinnoh arc, since the time it came on CN changed to when I was in work, and it would have just been too much to record the episodes and then watch them when I was so busy.

I'm going to attempt to rewatch the entire series again. I've been missing it, and it'll be interesting to see how the quality changes over time. As I said, I watched a few episodes of Best Wishes (in the original Japanese when it first came out) and it was pretty enjoyable again.

We have to Mega-move it!
Old April 17th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Rickfields
Togepi

Stopped watching during johto. Watched articuno vs. Charizard and thought it was bad. I liked ash as a scrappy, easily annoyed trainer, not a nice guy.
Old April 24th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
I stopped during Hoenn. I never finished it. I have tried watching the newer ones but I can't stand the new voices and I feel like the script is awful.

I am going to try watching the newer episodes in Japanese and see if I like them more.
Old April 24th, 2013, 06:00 PM
zdude18
Lone Wolf

Nature: Relaxed
i stopped watching in the middle of Hoenn, because for some reason i was in a rush to grow up so i rid myself of my childhood pleasures including pokemon, DBZ, and many other great shows and games. now i realize the error i made, and 3 months or so ago i began to watch the anime online and play the games again. in the end it makes me happy to experience an imporant part of my youth once more. now i am an avid fan once again, and i loved DP especially because i learned that Dawn is my favorite character. just got to Black and White and im not especially loving it, but i plan to get all the way caught up and see if it gets better. as far as the games go nowadays, they are fantastic.
White 2: 3397 3474 0556
Old April 24th, 2013, 10:57 PM
sugarsugar
Unhatched Egg

Yes there was once. But after that I start to watch again. That was when I was in 3rd grade. I was so stubborn those days. So my mom restricted me to watch Pokemon for 6 months.
Old May 7th, 2013, 12:45 PM
dannichols
A Theodore Tugboat Fan

Nature: Quiet
Back in September 2003, I temporally stopped watching Pokemon before the Master Quest season has ended. I would resume watching Pokemon in May of 2005. However, I haven't watched the newer episodes since Summer of 2009.

Two amazing kids series from the 1980's.
Old May 7th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Zekrom1066
Master of Ideals

Nature: Naughty
I DID stop watching the series in Hoenn, because I felt that 4Kids screwed up the series. I also felt that 4kids still did a better job with the Kanto and Jotho saga. However, I started watching again when DP started.

Thank god that dubbing company is gone now... They also screwed up other animes such as One Piece, 星のカービイ and ソニックX.

Naughty Nature Zekrom with 422 Attack stat and 252 Attack EVs traded from Pokemon White Version FTW!!!
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:34 PM
shadowdueler474
Muffins for all!

I lost interest in the series around the end of the Sinnoh region. I really only watched DP because I liked the rivals but Dawn annoyed me a lot. I watched the first 3 episodes of Best Wishes in Japanese and though it was good but never kept up with the show at that point. Though I have been watching the N saga because that actually looks good.

Old May 17th, 2013, 02:08 PM
bigC94
Unhatched Egg

I stopped watching the Anime during the Hoenn Arc. No real reason, it just felt like it lost something...

I tried to check back in every once and a while to see how Ash was doing and even started watching Sinnoh for awhile but I just couldn't get hooked on it like I used to.
Old May 17th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Marisa
necrofantasia
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Marisa
I stopped right after the ending of the Hoenn arc...I just don't know why, but I didn't like it like I used to after Hoenn.

I might watch an ep or two sometimes, but that's usually cos I'm bored.
pairs
family
credit
theme
Old May 17th, 2013, 04:35 PM
j_Woo
Patnogonian

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Sonic View Post
I stopped right after the ending of the Hoenn arc...I just don't know why, but I didn't like it like I used to after Hoenn.

I might watch an ep or two sometimes, but that's usually cos I'm bored.
Same with me, idk why it just didn't feel the same once sinnoh came around (anime wise). However, I did keep up for SOME of the Sinnoh arc, just didn't stick around till the end

^Play these, they're mo betta^
Old May 20th, 2013, 09:02 PM
BluuArrowz

Stopped when it was the D P season.. Didnt return until start of Unova then left... I just wanted to see the starts.. Ima do the same with x and y.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 03:39 AM
Scotash!

I hadn't watched a single episode in 9 years or so, after the orange islands. Picked up the black & white movie on DVD on special to see how it was, loved it and got straight back into watching them online. Now, I have the box sets and love them.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 04:43 AM
ilias_

Nature: Calm
I stopped watching the anime, only because the tv stations here stopped airing it and I did not have internet back then. Now that I have found a way to watch it, I will never stop. I think I will start to watch again all of the episodes of all the seasons.

I will always love the anime, no matter what.

Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 06:07 AM
Adventure
booster

Nature: Naive
Yes. Yes, I stopped. I think it either was because I grew up and didn't find it fun anymore, or because I found other anime that I thought was better and couldn't watch pokémon in the same way any longer.

It was in the Hoenn saga somewhere. I think I also didn't like the Hoenn pokémon as much as I did the Kanto and Johto ones, and was a bit disappointed in Ash's team so that might have played a part in me dropping it.

FIGHT.PKMN
ITEM..RUN

Old June 6th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Banz

I did. I stopped after watching a couple of episodes of the the Advanced series, although I'd stopped watching it regularly sometime during the Johto saga. I don't even remember watching Ash's battles with Gary and Harrison the first time. I did watch Misty's Goodbye.

They started airing re-runs a couple of years later and I started watching again, but it wasn't in the best of timeslots and I was busy those days, so I didn't get to watch a lot.

Now I just download and watch on my computer. :p
Old June 6th, 2013, 11:05 AM
GFisMay
I <3 May

Nature: Quirky
I stopped watching in OS but I started from AG-BW. DP was ok, but I don't like how Dawn replaced May. >:C
Old June 19th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Red|The|Cham

i stopped watching for like a year then when i found out that the black and white has been released i started watching anime again
Old June 19th, 2013, 06:03 PM
KannibalKween
Queen of the Dark

Nature: Naughty
I stopped watching after adv Gen and now I do watch the newer episodes if they are on but that about it, for me the characters got too childish and never really learned from the past.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=303290
Old July 4th, 2013, 03:25 AM
shaswatdgr8pokefan
elite trainer

Nature: Rash
I stopped it after Sinnoh League Victors as it was discontinued here. And i havent watched any more of it.
Old July 5th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Draco Razr
Elite Dragon Trainer

Nature: Adamant
I have stopped watching Pokemon on TV as a kid after the Orange League.
Then I realised there were more Pokemon episodes after seeing the Johto series online. I have never stopped watching ever since.

Feel free to chat/message me anytime, I love to talk!

Old July 5th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Umbreonz

I watched pokemon from season 1 all the way through dp and have lost interest in bw bcuz ash seems to become younger than before and the plot is just too much like a spinoff of the old seasons i might start watching again with xy
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here