The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 15th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Nature: Modest
There are these Pokemon that sparkle when they get out of their Pokeball then shoots some kind of star above it and then the star explodes. I have encountered them in some Random Match-up battles and I was surprised to encounter them, What are they? They seem special just like N's Pokemon.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old May 15th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nature: Timid
If they had a different color than they normally do, then they are shiny Pokemon. :)
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Nature: Modest
but they sparkle differently from a shinies. If they are, in fact, shinies, why are they so different with their sparkle?

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:54 AM
WarriorCat
Monotype lover!!!!!

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithel_Celestia View Post
There are these Pokemon that sparkle when they get out of their Pokeball then shoots some kind of star above it and then the star explodes. I have encountered them in some Random Match-up battles and I was surprised to encounter them, What are they? They seem special just like N's Pokemon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithel_Celestia View Post
but they sparkle differently from a shinies. If they are, in fact, shinies, why are they so different with their sparkle?
I know what this is, if you use one of your own Pokemon in a Pokestar Studios Movie, and get a good ending, then it will have that sparkle.
Old May 16th, 2013, 05:55 AM
PichuVSLink
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Hardy
Am I noob at pokémon? I wouldn't say so. I could list tons and tons of pokémon, from first generation to last, I have excellent strategies, and everything typically works out for me in the games... at least story-wise.
I have probably the worst luck with legendaries ever.

The problem is that I have a lack of dedication with the games. I can't work hard enough or stay dedicated long enough to do any of the following:

-Build my dream team
-Find a shiny
-Get a pokémon to Lv. 100
-Catch every legendary of a region
-or fill out a region dex.

In fact, I think I've only ever beaten the elite four and champion all on my own once.

Any tips or tricks? Trust me, I want to do all of the above but...

Red/Blue:Not owned
Yellow: Not currently playing
Gold/Silver/Crystal: Not owned
Fire Red: Beginning soon!
Emerald: Not currently playing
Diamond: Not currently playing
Heart Gold/Soul Silver: Not owned
Black: Not currently playing
Black 2/White 2: Not owned

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old May 16th, 2013, 07:06 AM
infersaime
Come and get me

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to infersaime
To get a pokemon at lv 100 is easy if you do a solo run. My luxray was in the lv 80s after I did a solo ru, with it in platinum. A shiny is luck based in my opinion. For the rest I don't have any tips besides have a lot of patience and dedication.
Old May 16th, 2013, 09:38 AM
gavynray123

Nature: Serious
I have found and captured a shiny Deino in the wild in my black, but, when it comes to ruby, I'm the most unaccomplished guy in existence. Listen to this; After I got my master ball, I wasted it on what I think was a Koffing and ended up killing Groudon. Then, by elite four time, because of my lack of groudon, blaziken ended up as a lvl 93 before I FINALLY beat the game. PM me anyone who thinks I am the most unaccomplished guy in existence with ruby.

Last edited by gavynray123; May 16th, 2013 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Forgot to say i CAPTURED the shiny Deino
Old May 16th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Kyrul
Long Live The Note
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
I feel ya. I'm kind of the same way. I pretty much just play the games for the story, I could care less about the competitive aspects of the game. I can normally beat the elite 4 in about 15 hours average on the games, but after that I'm done. Eventually I'll restart and play it over again but the last time I got a pokemon to level 100 was when the original Silver version came out and back then the only pokemon I would ever level to 100 were Pikachu's.

Only time I managed a level 100 team was on those online pokemon MMOs by indie developers, but that still took a ridiculous amount of time since all I wanted to do was chat with people.....Ok fine.....I payed people to level my pokemon up, but they were still mine!!
Old May 16th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Espira
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrul View Post
Ok fine.....I payed people to level my pokemon up, but they were still mine!!
By name their yours, but in essence they are truly part of whoever trained them. Lol.

That being said, I've been having completion issues as well. Tbh, just tell yourself that if you won't do it, no one else will and you'll be missing out on those accomplishments. All those things are just dedication issues, which can be fixed with your own resolve.

Just gotta pick up your game and do it.
Old May 16th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Kyrul
Long Live The Note
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
If it's a motivation issue then I think I have the perfect solution.
Get together with a bunch of friends and sing Army running cadences! :D

Cadence Caller: "When my left foot hits the ground. All I wanna hear is that WHAT sound!"
Everyone: "WHAT!"
CC: " 1 level, motivated."
CC: "2 levels, dedicated."
CC: "3 levels, never quit!"
CC: "4 levels, not feelin' it"

Then when you get up to the 90s.

"When my Pikachu was 91, she did training just for fun.
When My Pikachu was'a 92, she did training better than you.
When my Pikachu was'a 93, she did training better than me.
When my Pikachu was'a 94, she did training more and more
When my Pikachu was'a 95, she did training just to stay alive"

Your welcome.

Last edited by Kyrul; May 16th, 2013 at 11:21 AM.
Old May 16th, 2013, 02:15 PM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
Hey y'all, I don't know if this question is against the rules or not but I'll ask anyway...
Does someone know a website/page where I can find players of gen 3 games who are willing to give me their IP addresses so I can battle/trade with them using VBA?
If this question isn't legit just delete it.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:59 PM
C Dillinger
Unhatched Egg

PokeCommunity...
I hadn't played Pokemon in about six years, but within the past year I went through and completed a game (sometimes two) in each generation. I want to eventually complete the national dex, but I was wondering what I should start doing next. I love going on a linear path and now I'm at a stand still
I'm honestly open to any and all suggestions!
Need to Complete: Black, White 2
Black 2 FC: 0433-8941-3220
Heart Gold FC: 4728-8614-9499
Old May 22nd, 2013, 04:23 PM
Limerent
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Have you done Battle Tower/ Contests/Pokeathlon events? Maybe you could hand pick a team in Gen 3 and raise them up, getting as many ribbons for them as possible! Migrate them up to 4th and 5th Gen and do the same thing for them! (using newer pokemon would be fine too, of course) Hope you can come upwith something to freshen the game (you could also look in the Challenge section for ideas)
Old May 22nd, 2013, 04:30 PM
C Dillinger
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by O07_eleven View Post
Have you done Battle Tower/ Contests/Pokeathlon events? Maybe you could hand pick a team in Gen 3 and raise them up, getting as many ribbons for them as possible! Migrate them up to 4th and 5th Gen and do the same thing for them! (using newer pokemon would be fine too, of course) Hope you can come upwith something to freshen the game (you could also look in the Challenge section for ideas)
The Contests have not ever really sparked my interests, but the battle tower is a great idea. I'm also leaning towards breeding an eventual competitive team! Thanks for the suggestions
Need to Complete: Black, White 2
Black 2 FC: 0433-8941-3220
Heart Gold FC: 4728-8614-9499
Old May 23rd, 2013, 10:06 PM
ProfGrove

Why is every flying type a dual type? Why can't a Pokemon just be flying, anyone? Is it just a standard to put normal next to flying.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 10:17 PM
Hikamaru
out of this world
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfGrove View Post
Why is every flying type a dual type? Why can't a Pokemon just be flying, anyone? Is it just a standard to put normal next to flying.
Generation 5 did introduce a pure Flying-type Pokemon, the Legendary Pokemon Tornadus. And that's not even counting Sky Plate Arceus. But yeah most Flying-types often get paired with another type, with Normal, Water and Bug among the most common.

Paired with AWsquared, Isaac and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

i'll be gone for a while, here's why

Old May 23rd, 2013, 10:28 PM
ProfGrove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Generation 5 did introduce a pure Flying-type Pokemon, the Legendary Pokemon Tornadus. And that's not even counting Sky Plate Arceus. But yeah most Flying-types often get paired with another type, with Normal, Water and Bug among the most common.
Oh, okay. Didn't know that, am just now playing Pokemon White Version.
Old May 26th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Miazhu
Unhatched Egg

Well I haven't played Pokemon since Emerald. I want to try out the new generations but I don't want to go through every single game. Could somebody lay out the best games to play throughout? I've mastered every Pokemon game up to emerald. This is my order of favorites so far. Yellow , Gold , Sapphire , FireRed , Emerald. I know there is diamond , black etc. Which should I go for? Is platinum the same story line as diamond and pearl? By the way i'm going to place this on an emulator if I can find one.
Old May 26th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

If you're going to play a gen IV game to pick back up after Emerald, Platinum is the way to go! It fixed a lot of problems that Diamond and Pearl had, so you definitely want to play that and just...ignore that Diamond and Pearl exist, in all honesty. Next you'll want to play either HeartGold or SoulSilver, remakes of Gold and Silver with a lot of influence from Crystal as well. :) Black and White are both great as well, though I recommend White over Black because of the version exclusives. Plus there's a place with really nice music that Black kind of got jipped on, lol. And then after that, there's Black 2 and White 2. You'll want to play the one that matches up with the game you just finished. So if you get White, you'll probably want White 2. Though tbh, Black 2 has most of the version exclusives you miss out on in White, so that might be the better choice.

If you have questions about those games specifically, feel free to ask in the Q&A threads for those games, like if you want to know more about Black 2, you could ask in the B2W2 Q&A thread in Fifth Generation Gaming. :)

tl;dr I recommend Platinum, then HeartGold or SoulSilver, then Black or White, then Black 2 or White 2. :)
Old May 27th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Miazhu
Unhatched Egg

Isn't HeartGold and Soulsilver the same story-line?
Old May 27th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Hikamaru
out of this world
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miazhu View Post
Isn't HeartGold and Soulsilver the same story-line?
They do share the same story, the only difference being the Legendary mascot you encounter before facing the Elite Four, as well as differences with the available Pokemon.

Paired with AWsquared, Isaac and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

i'll be gone for a while, here's why

Old June 1st, 2013, 11:23 AM
KuraiRyuu
Unhatched Egg

Question. I'v been thinking about getting into the games for a while now, so I'v been wondering if it would be worth it to get Ruby/Emerald/LeafGreen/FireRed/Colosseum/XD (I have Sapphire). I ask because I'v done a lot of research and it seems like you can catch pretty much all the Pokemon from those in the gen 4-5 games.
I'm the type that if I got REALLY into the games, I'd want to catch every Pokemon legitimately possible, lol. I know it would costs a lot since I pretty much only have one of 17 games that can transfer throughout each-other, as well as needing a 3ds as I only have a lite.

So does anyone know if there's anything special about some Pokemon or anything in the gen 3 games?
Old June 1st, 2013, 03:02 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

tbh, if you want to get all the gen III Pokemon, you're better off dealing with a gen V game. You don't even need to get all the games anymore to collect all the Pokemon, really. You can get a gen V game and trade with people here on PC using the Trade Corner to get other Pokemon you need, and then there are also many available in Dream World and Dream Radar, which is on 3DS, so if you plan on getting one, then there ya go. I don't know much about Dream World or Radar, I'm afraid.

But from a playing standpoint, if you want to have a bit of fun, I recommend getting FireRed or LeafGreen, Colosseum, and Gale of Darkness. They're all great games on their own, without the massive Pokemon collecting, haha. You already have Sapphire, but if you want to play through Hoenn again and don't want to restart your Sapphire, Emerald is the way to go. But if you're buying online, be very cautious with buying GBA games. A lot of them are faked. If you run across a GBA Pokemon game you want to but, feel free to come to this thread and post pictures of the game you want to purchase so that some of us can help you identify whether or not it's fake.
Old June 1st, 2013, 05:56 PM
Roychu
Unhatched Egg

I've been lurking on ebay and I saw this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281115509848...84.m1438.l2649
The price is very attractive
Black 1 has no box
Black 2 has box, no manual
Send from USA
From pics, cartridges look legit, not faded or grayish like many fakes I've seen.
Would you say these are real or fake?
Also, is there really any major drawback to a game being fake?
Thanks for answering, sorry if this breaks any rules. I read the rules and didn't see anything against this.
Also I wasn't sure if this should go here or under Pokemon Gaming Central.
Thanks for reading!
Old June 1st, 2013, 06:25 PM
Raymond1994
Unhatched Egg

It's real don't worry man I have both
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links