The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 13th, 2013 (09:57 PM).
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Since there isnt much one can do with it (deoxys, mew, Darkrai, etc). What do you do with them?

I am currently training with my Deoxys. Seeing how it works. Got a lv 100 mewtwo as well that is ready to go, and probably get my Kryeum-W up to 100 and do an open Challenge against anyone against those three.
Old May 13th, 2013 (10:22 PM).
Hikamaru
osha osha
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
With the exception of using Reshiram against N in Black, I mostly box my Legendaries after I catch them since I usually have other Pokemon that can do their job better.
Old May 13th, 2013 (10:59 PM).
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
With the exception of using Reshiram against N in Black, I mostly box my Legendaries after I catch them since I usually have other Pokemon that can do their job better.
Ditto. As Hikari said; aside from the battle with N, when I get'em I box'em.
Old May 13th, 2013 (11:12 PM).
awolfsquared
I wish you a Merry Christmas!! (or CHRIStmas)
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Basically what Hikari said. I never really use legendary Pokemon in my teams anymore. I use to as a kid, but now I just see using them as an unfair disadvantage. The only exceptions was when I used Zekrom against N in White and I used Ho-Oh in my HeartGold team for a while which has now been replaced by a Pidgeot.

Merry Christmas everyone!
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old May 13th, 2013 (11:22 PM).
Brendino
Oh good grief.

Nature: Quiet
I'll have to echo the previous posters in that I mostly just box my legendaries as well. There've only been two times in recent memory where I actually used one of my legendaries, with the first being when I tested out an Articuno knowing Mind Reader and Sheer Cold. The other one is Mew, who's actually in my current party on White 2 (albeit, in an HM slave role, just because).

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old May 13th, 2013 (11:23 PM).
Playful_Weasel
can I have a Pokepuff?
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
Agree with what Hikari mentioned. I don't use any legendaries, by the time they can be catched, I'm already attached to my team, so there is no reason to use them.
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenges - back to challenges
Random Challenge - Badges: 7/8 - game: X - Location: Couriway Town
Random Challenge - Badges: 4/8 - game: Y - Location: Kalos Power Plant
50/50 Challenge - Badges 6/8 - Game Y - Location: Dendemille Town/Frost Cavern
Old May 14th, 2013 (12:49 AM).
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
yeah pretty much using legends in your team is just cheap way of battling. the only time I used an legend was the Arceus Event to try out it's ablity which changes it's type on what plate it is holding.
Old May 14th, 2013 (01:55 AM).
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
What do you do with your Legendary Pokemon
BOXED.

LOL not always, the only legendary I used in my team was Ho-Oh in Gold, because I liked the idea of it being a strong fire-flying Pokemon.
Why I box legendaries? because most of them are obtainable only after the E4, & by the time I reach the E4 I would already have a complete team. Besides that most games don't have much for me to do after the E4 (unlike in Gold & HeartGold) so it wouldn't make a difference if I caught a legendary afterwards...
Old May 14th, 2013 (03:40 AM).
Dark Pit
Where's your goddess now?
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dark Pit
I usually keep my Legendaries in the box forever...my team were usually much more powerful by the time I caught them, like almost all my team were level 52-55 when I got around to catching Dialga in Diamond. I used Giratina in Platinum though, since my team was horribly underlevelled.
Old May 14th, 2013 (06:10 AM).
Ankarit
Unhatched Egg

I keep it in the box because I never use it xD
Old May 14th, 2013 (06:14 AM).
Aurora
Ustom Tuser Citle
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Aurora
I'll usually make a conscious attempt to teach my legendary SOMETHING useful, or at least up it a few levels. I've never actually raised a legendary to Level 100, so I'm considering attempting that and seeing how I go (I know it's much more difficult as you require 25% more Experience Points than normal Pokemon to get most legendaries to Level 100). If I don't find much use in them, though, I'll box them and occasionally pull them out when I want to have some fun.
Old May 14th, 2013 (06:53 AM).
deftrance
Unhatched Egg

I've always boxed them, myself, including the Event legendaries/special ed. Pokemon.
Old May 14th, 2013 (09:34 AM).
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Usually box them. Always use Reshiram against N, and recently used Rayquaza against the Elite Four in Emerald (Well, actually just the Champion because I was kinda sleepy and wanted to see the end credits whilst still conscious). Often I use them a little in re-matches or a run through the elite four, however on HeartGold and Platinum this doesn't work as the Elite Four get stronger.

I used my first Manaphy though. Jumped the egg onto Platinum at the first opportunity and used it all the way through
Old May 14th, 2013 (11:16 AM).
Darkrai Lv.1000
Has a tendency to figure things out

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
I always use the game's main legendary on my team. So I always save one space in my party until I get it. xD

Others, I put in the PC. I already have a team of legendaries that I use for fun alongside my "competitive" team.
Old May 14th, 2013 (11:46 AM).
Sanguine
À la prochaine!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I try to use my legendaries after catching them, but I usually forget about them, y'know.

The only exception to this was in R/S/E, when I used to exploit Kyogre's Drizzle and gave it CM + Thunder xD

[02:57] -Dark Azelf: u liek teh bottix
[19:45] -Dark Azelf: she is evil and cute kinda like satan except in a bunny forme

[00:57] -Kanzler: stupid guys make me homo
[23:11] +PervertedPika: Yeah, I have had bad things happen when my family was home and I was having Marky time in my room ;.;
Old May 14th, 2013 (11:54 AM).
Recluse
The Harbinger of Solitude
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I have been using a Legendary in LG and Emerald. It was Articuno, found on LG, trained in LG for a while. I leveled him to 100, then traded to Emerald.
Old May 14th, 2013 (01:52 PM).
Cassino

I box them, since (at least in fourth & fifth generation) they can't be used in battle tower type things.
I might use the legendaries that aren't so banned though (I guess for 'only' having pseudolegendary stat totals), like Cresselia and the birds.
Old May 15th, 2013 (11:14 AM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I normally use the mascot legends, with a few exceptions (Rayquaza, Kyurem, Zekrom). I use other legendaries for battle facilities, depending on their competitive viability and legality.

Old May 15th, 2013 (11:31 AM).
✯Shigeru✯
I Dropped The Lift Key...

Nature: Impish
I catch them just for the sake of the pokedex but, since I don't do uber battles, I never have a use for any of the legendary pokemon.

Old May 15th, 2013 (12:07 PM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Back as a kid, i used to put them all in my team to have a party of only legendaries xD
Now i usually just box them, i did however use Zekrom in White and Kyogre in Sapphire

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 15th, 2013 (01:20 PM).
Dangelitus

I'm put them in a box named LEGENDS, but i don't use it much, because i like to see them just like were caught.

Even in my battle against N, I fought without my legendary. But that time my pokes was over leveled
Old May 16th, 2013 (01:06 AM).
Nearsighted king of Ice
We'll get to that tomorrow

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nearsighted king of Ice Send a message via Yahoo to Nearsighted king of Ice
I keep them in the box until a friend and I decide to use them for battle or when I just want to attack random weak pokemon with legendaries.

Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?

Black FC: 1592-5761-9212
Pokemon X FC: 2921-9174-9000
Old May 16th, 2013 (03:15 AM).
Polymus1

my faviorite three pokemon are Inferno my infernape, Crocky my feraligator and MEWTWO, well you can guess who he is.
I usualy box ALL legendaries but I kept MEWTWO for some reason, he is now one of my ELITES.
So keep the ones you feel you should k.
P1
Old May 16th, 2013 (03:29 AM).
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

I box and collect them each generation, however, recently, I have been looking into EV training them, however, since they are banned in battle facilities and random matchup, there is no way for me to test their effectiveness.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old May 16th, 2013 (05:26 AM).
Apricots
Cream Puff

Nature: Gentle
If I like them, I use them. This is always the case with Mewtwo because he's my favorite.
But if I don't like them or don't really care one way or another, they're boxed.

tumblr | deviantart | pixiv | twitter
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links