Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index



Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > The Welcome Lounge
Notices

The Welcome Lounge New here? Stop in to the Welcome Lounge to introduce yourself. The members who hang out here can't wait to give you a warm welcome and help you discover all of the cool things you can do around the community.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #876    
Old May 16th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Yellowpages2012
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Scotland
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
I'm new to all this forum stuff haha =D
  #877    
Old May 16th, 2013, 06:02 AM
bigC94's Avatar
bigC94
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Y u wanna no???
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Hello all! My name is Brandon, but I go by my Pen Name bigC94

I've been a Pokemon fan for as long as I can remember (all the way back in the 90s when people drove self propelled cars and gas was 25 cents) and I've carried that love of Pokemon to today. Of course, I'm one of those guys that thinks that the older generations of Pokemon are the best, but that is aside the point.

I also write Pokemon fan fiction and am currently writing a story that is fairly successful, but I'd like for a lot more people to know about it, so I'm counting on you guys! Word of mouth is the best promoter. A lot of people think it's pretty interesting and its got all the elements of a classic Pokemon Anime storyline. Check it out on my fanfiction.net profile under bigC94 or look up "Adventures in Acirema" if you are interested!

I've never forumed (is that a word???) before so I'm excited to try it out. I heard through the grapevine that Pokecommunity was a good forum so I'm hoping that's true.
  #878    
Old May 16th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Starry Windy's Avatar
Starry Windy
Show your Victory!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Hoenn Region
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Hi Yellowpages2012, although you're still new, you could post in any topic that you like, and welcome to PC! I hope you enjoy it! Don't forget to check the rules, ok?

Hi, bigC94. They are right, Pokecommunity is one good forum that you'll enjoy it! So... you're still new? You could ask mods or S-mods like Cirno if you need some help, and, you could check the rules... just in case. And we also have the section for fanfiction, you could post your story there as well!

Have fun on both of your 1st time foruming guys!
Starry Windy
PC Supporter since January 4th, 2014
“And remember I do hope you keep shining bright!” - Hikamaru
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr

Last edited by Starry Windy; May 16th, 2013 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Boy... forgot the poster before that...
  #879    
Old May 16th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Cheesecake(GlassTheDragon)'s Avatar
Cheesecake(GlassTheDragon)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Baltimore,MD
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
Hello everyone I'm pretty new to this site and everyone seems really cool i figured out how to put on an avatar and edit my signature.

As you can tell from my signature i am a shiny hunter i have pretty much all pokemon games with shinies on them right now I'm in a Heartgold Badge quest(when you find a shiny before each badge) wish me luck!
Lastest Shiny:

  #880    
Old May 16th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Hikamaru's Avatar
Hikamaru
I have not had my teeth whitened!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowpages2012 View Post
I'm new to all this forum stuff haha =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigC94 View Post
Hello all! My name is Brandon, but I go by my Pen Name bigC94

I've been a Pokemon fan for as long as I can remember (all the way back in the 90s when people drove self propelled cars and gas was 25 cents) and I've carried that love of Pokemon to today. Of course, I'm one of those guys that thinks that the older generations of Pokemon are the best, but that is aside the point.

I also write Pokemon fan fiction and am currently writing a story that is fairly successful, but I'd like for a lot more people to know about it, so I'm counting on you guys! Word of mouth is the best promoter. A lot of people think it's pretty interesting and its got all the elements of a classic Pokemon Anime storyline. Check it out on my fanfiction.net profile under bigC94 or look up "Adventures in Acirema" if you are interested!

I've never forumed (is that a word???) before so I'm excited to try it out. I heard through the grapevine that Pokecommunity was a good forum so I'm hoping that's true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesecake(GlassTheDragon) View Post
Hello everyone I'm pretty new to this site and everyone seems really cool i figured out how to put on an avatar and edit my signature.

As you can tell from my signature i am a shiny hunter i have pretty much all pokemon games with shinies on them right now I'm in a Heartgold Badge quest(when you find a shiny before each badge) wish me luck!
Hello there guys and welcome to PC!

I hope you are all doing well, and given how interactive the community is I'm sure you're doing great as well. Brandon, since you are doing a fanfic why not go to the Fan Fiction & Writing section where you can share your work? Don't worry if you're new to forums, you'll eventually learn how they work in no time.

And hi there Cheesecake, I'll just call you that since your username looks a bit long. We actually have a club for shiny hunters over in the Pokemon Clubs section, and there's loads of fun clubs to check out over there.

Have fun guys, and feel free to hit me up with a message if you need anything!
  #881    
Old May 17th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Sar.'s Avatar
Sar.
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Hey to all my fellow newbies.
I'm Sar and a long time Pokemon fan from the UK.
I look forward to getting to know you all around the forums, but if any of you want to chat feel free to send me a message or make a post in my introduction thread out there. >>> =D
  #882    
Old May 17th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Sheep's Avatar
Sheep
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
New users, hooray hooray! :D Welcome to the community, guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar. View Post
Hey to all my fellow newbies. :)
I'm Sar and a long time Pokemon fan from the UK.
I look forward to getting to know you all around the forums, but if any of you want to chat feel free to send me a message or make a post in my introduction thread out there. >>> =D
Hi Sar! Your avatar is adorable but oh my gosh your signatuuure. Blue Exorcist and Death Note! I love those two shows so you have just earned a ton of brownie points from me. 8)

rockin' | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
  #883    
Old May 17th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Charblade111's Avatar
Charblade111
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Male
Hey Everyone! My name is Charblade or Char, and while I'm mostly here for the emulation/rom hacking, I also am a competitive battler and a spriter. I can't wait to get involved with the community here, because it looks like one of the best.
  #884    
Old May 17th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Doppelgänger's Avatar
Doppelgänger
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Jersey
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charblade111 View Post
Hey Everyone! My name is Charblade or Char, and while I'm mostly here for the emulation/rom hacking, I also am a competitive battler and a spriter. I can't wait to get involved with the community here, because it looks like one of the best.
Hello! Welcome to the forum! You've come to the right place. We have a huge Emulation section that includes all the resources and tools you need to make your own hack. You can also play other hacks made by members here! They're quite creative. Many new members come here for our Emulation section, so your not alone. Its one of our most popular sections of the site. You'll enjoy it. We also have an Art and Design section, where many members show off their spriting skills too. Annnd we also have a Battle Center for all your battling needs! :D

If you need anything, ask! We're all happy to help (:
  #885    
Old May 18th, 2013, 07:29 AM
PwnguinHD
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Male
My name is Pwnguin, I'm pretty active on the Minecraft Forums, where I have almost 3k posts as of right now. A friend introduced me to this and, since I've actually never played pokemon *blush* I'll probably hang around the off topic section.
  #886    
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:35 AM
pokerex's Avatar
pokerex
I'm awesome
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Gouda, Netherlands
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
hello everyone

My name is pokerex i found this forum when i was searching for pokemon x and y speculations a while ago. this really seems to be a great community.

I know i've asked this before but since nobody replied i'm just going to ask it again.
my signature pic doesn't show up when i post something, at least not on my screen. can somebody please help me? ( the signature is supposed to be a pokemon crystal boxart 256x256)
  #887    
Old May 18th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Sar.'s Avatar
Sar.
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
New users, hooray hooray! :D Welcome to the community, guys!

Hi Sar! Your avatar is adorable but oh my gosh your signatuuure. Blue Exorcist and Death Note! I love those two shows so you have just earned a ton of brownie points from me. 8)
Hiya

Aww thanks I'm glad to see I'm not the only BE & DN fan on here.
Gotta love those brownie point, I'm not doing too bad so far for a newbie haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charblade111 View Post
Hey Everyone! My name is Charblade or Char, and while I'm mostly here for the emulation/rom hacking, I also am a competitive battler and a spriter. I can't wait to get involved with the community here, because it looks like one of the best.
Hello and welcome. :D Definitely agree with you regarding this forum. See ya round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PwnguinHD View Post
My name is Pwnguin, I'm pretty active on the Minecraft Forums, where I have almost 3k posts as of right now. A friend introduced me to this and, since I've actually never played pokemon *blush* I'll probably hang around the off topic section.
Heya and welcome. I'm sure you'd become addicted to the Pokemon games if you played one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerex View Post
hello everyone

My name is pokerex i found this forum when i was searching for pokemon x and y speculations a while ago. this really seems to be a great community.

I know i've asked this before but since nobody replied i'm just going to ask it again.
my signature pic doesn't show up when i post something, at least not on my screen. can somebody please help me? ( the signature is supposed to be a pokemon crystal boxart 256x256)
Heya

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious but have you laid out the IMG code in the signature box like this:

[IMG]the url address of the picture goes here[/IMG] << All without leaving any spaces.

Oh and ticked the "show your signature" box at the bottom of the signature editing page?
I can't think of why else it wouldn't show up unless the format of the picture isn't compatible with the forum.
  #888    
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:05 PM
abtwtich's Avatar
abtwtich
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Austin,TX
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Hello! I am the bug-obsessed-competative-batlling-gaming-musical guy who has a not so great of a background history with gravity. You can call me Twitch for short (yes i messed up my own username ) I have this passion for music that few have, I enjoy it so much that I write and arrange things. I am not the best at all yet and I have plenty of work to do before I can create quality compositions. One thing I am good at however is Pokemon and I've wanted to get in touch with the community more so I thought this was a good place to start since I can connect to other fans of this amazing franchise. I have come up with my own challenge that is very addicting and fun to do. I will post that in another thread sometime soon. It is not like the Nuzlocke challenge in many ways other than the fact that it is a challenge . I plan to collaborate as much as I can, so if anyone wants to work with me on anything, you can message me .

Twitch
BUGS
  #889    
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Anti-001's Avatar
Anti-001
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Hello everybody, I guess I am considered as a "noob" here, so I will start with an introduction here. I have been playing Pokemon since the original games (Yes, I am that old) and I am finally getting into Black 2. Got it about a month ago, but already loving it and playing online and losing horribly every game. I honestly don't know much about this site, and just figured out how to post messages but hope to be staying here.
  #890    
Old May 19th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Hikamaru's Avatar
Hikamaru
I have not had my teeth whitened!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by abtwtich View Post
Hello! I am the bug-obsessed-competative-batlling-gaming-musical guy who has a not so great of a background history with gravity. You can call me Twitch for short (yes i messed up my own username ) I have this passion for music that few have, I enjoy it so much that I write and arrange things. I am not the best at all yet and I have plenty of work to do before I can create quality compositions. One thing I am good at however is Pokemon and I've wanted to get in touch with the community more so I thought this was a good place to start since I can connect to other fans of this amazing franchise. I have come up with my own challenge that is very addicting and fun to do. I will post that in another thread sometime soon. It is not like the Nuzlocke challenge in many ways other than the fact that it is a challenge . I plan to collaborate as much as I can, so if anyone wants to work with me on anything, you can message me .

Twitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti-001 View Post
Hello everybody, I guess I am considered as a "noob" here, so I will start with an introduction here. I have been playing Pokemon since the original games (Yes, I am that old) and I am finally getting into Black 2. Got it about a month ago, but already loving it and playing online and losing horribly every game. I honestly don't know much about this site, and just figured out how to post messages but hope to be staying here.
Hello there you two, welcome!

Twitch, since you seem to be interested in the challenges why not check out the Challenges section on PC where you can not only create challenges but also participate in existing ones.

And Anti, nice avatar I have to say. I love Twilight Sparkle, she's so cute and did you hear about her becoming an alicorn at the end of the latest season? Nice to see you're playing Black 2, it's one of my personal fave Pokemon games as well! I'll probably be seeing you around the Fifth Generation Gaming section on PC where you'll find some good B2/W2 topics.

Have fun guys and if you ever need a friend I'll be happy to help you out!
  #891    
Old May 20th, 2013, 04:13 AM
burntbuttr
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Male
Hello. I'm new here. I've been following Poke Community for a while and finally decided to make an account.
  #892    
Old May 20th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Seki's Avatar
Seki
You idiot!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Singapore
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntbuttr View Post
Hello. I'm new here. I've been following Poke Community for a while and finally decided to make an account.
Welcome burntbuttr, that's what exactly I did as well, in fact, I lurked here for like 1 year before I created an account, and after another year, I found back PC, but i forgotten my username, therefore I created this account.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
  #893    
Old May 20th, 2013, 05:24 AM
iAmFabled's Avatar
iAmFabled
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Victoria, Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
Hey there everybody! I'm officially a noob, with no idea how to navigate the site
My name is luke, avid 'mon fan, obviously, and my main reasoning for joining is because talking Pokemon is simply one of my favourite hobbies. So somebody shoot me a message or something! Even though I have no idea how to read/reply to them lol.
  #894    
Old May 20th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Hikamaru's Avatar
Hikamaru
I have not had my teeth whitened!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmFabled View Post
Hey there everybody! I'm officially a noob, with no idea how to navigate the site
My name is luke, avid 'mon fan, obviously, and my main reasoning for joining is because talking Pokemon is simply one of my favourite hobbies. So somebody shoot me a message or something! Even though I have no idea how to read/reply to them lol.
Oh wow another Australian... must welcome you.

Hi Luke, welcome to PC! I am an avid Pokefan just like you and I remember joining here two years ago so I could interact with fellow Pokemon fans. Don't worry if you're having trouble posting or replying yet, we have people who can help you.

I'm always open for a visitor message if you need to talk, and have fun here!
  #895    
Old May 20th, 2013, 08:28 PM
here42reasons's Avatar
here42reasons
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: timezone: JST
hey im new here. i joined to get some experience battling, so message if your interested. i have some pokemans and wouldnt mind helping people complete a pokedex, or legendary colletion
  #896    
Old May 20th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Hikamaru's Avatar
Hikamaru
I have not had my teeth whitened!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by here42reasons View Post
hey im new here. i joined to get some experience battling, so message if your interested. i have some pokemans and wouldnt mind helping people complete a pokedex, or legendary colletion
Oh hello there, welcome to PC!

I see you came for the battles and trades, so why not check out the Trade Corner and Battle Center sections here. You'll interact with loads of awesome people there, and also go check out our official Pokemon Showdown server where many PC regulars chat and battle, and we also hold most of our tournaments there instead of over wi-fi for the convenience of timezone differences for members.

Have fun here and I'll be seeing ya around the forums!
  #897    
Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:47 AM
ashsenpai
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Male
Cool, hang out time!

My message was too short so now I have to add the necessary characters
  #898    
Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:51 AM
Okazaki~Tomoya's Avatar
Okazaki~Tomoya
A place were dreams come true
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
hello! i already made an intro topic but why not post here!
I've been on the pokemon craze since red and blue were big!
Just recently got white 2 and joining to meet many different people and fight many different assortments of teams!
Also here for lots and lots of trades and once ready open a trading shop to help people who are just starting out like me
  #899    
Old May 22nd, 2013, 07:21 AM
Hikamaru's Avatar
Hikamaru
I have not had my teeth whitened!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashsenpai View Post
Cool, hang out time!

My message was too short so now I have to add the necessary characters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okazaki~Tomoya View Post
hello! i already made an intro topic but why not post here!
I've been on the pokemon craze since red and blue were big!
Just recently got white 2 and joining to meet many different people and fight many different assortments of teams!
Also here for lots and lots of trades and once ready open a trading shop to help people who are just starting out like me
Hello guys, welcome to PC!

Don't worry if you have to make a short intro, Ashsenpai. Some people do feel shy when they first join PC but remember we have people here who can help you if you get lost. Feel free to tell me more about yourself cos, you never know that you might share an interest with a fellow member!

And Okazaki, nice to see you've been a fan since the good old days. I have never played Red & Blue (in fact, anything before 3rd Generation) so I guess call me a late bloomer eh? However, I have been a dedicated fan since the start. Since you came here for trades I highly recommend you check out the Trade Corner section which has always been a hotspot for many members here. I don't visit it myself but I heard it's very fun!

Enjoy your stay guys, and remember to read the rules. You can also contact Cirno or another bold name person if you need help!
  #900    
Old May 23rd, 2013, 04:09 PM
chifrymalachi's Avatar
chifrymalachi
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Hello everybody I'm new here mainly because I want to learn more about hacking roms but im also here to congregate with the humongous community so as said before HELLO PC
Proud creator of the work in progress
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 04:38 PM.

About Us
© 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com. Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.

Copyright
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com. PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator. Header artwork by Jordanice of deviantART.

Social Media
If you would like to stay up-to-date with us on the go, when we're down, or other such things, follow us on social media sites--most notibly Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus--by clicking on the links provided.

Design presented by Peitharchia. Special thanks to Hiroshi Sotomura and Ausaudriel.