The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game > TCG Deck Reviewing

Notices

TCG Deck Reviewing List cards of your card decks here to get them rated!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 1st, 2013, 07:17 PM
Haxorus3465
Turn Down For What

Nature: Bold

Advertise here
Hey PC. So, since the PLF set is about to be released, and I've been hearing a lot of hype around the new deck, Deoxys/Thundurus/Lugia/Snorlax/HypnoGym. It basically uses Deoxys to powerup attacks with its ability, Thundurus and Lugia to KO things fast, Snorlax/Lasers to stall and poison the opponent. I really like the idea, but I figured out pretty fast that it will fall to pieces against Garbodor/Darkrai/Hammers; another deck I love. This one blocks all abilities while discarding opponent's energy. A great strategy. However, that deck may lose against things like landorus and Tool Scrapper decks. another deck that Im considering is Keldeo/Blastoise/Black Kyurem. For those that don't know, this deck uses Blastoise's ability to attach incredible amounts of energy to Keldeo and Kyurem, and big blast the defending Pokémon. It's usually pretty quick, too.

So my question this time is not about rating decks. I would like you guys to help me decide which deck to run.

1) Thundurus / Deoxys / Lugia / Snorlax / HypnoGym
2) Garbodor / Darkrai / Hammers
3) Blastoise / Keldeo / Black Kyurem

Which deck?
Old May 1st, 2013, 09:32 PM
Ashleee
Experienced Trainer

Nature: Gentle
Deck 2 seems like it would be alright, but Deck 1 would still be your best bet.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 07:56 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

I'd be wary of hype decks that receive a lot of hype prior to a set's release, and I'd instead focus on countering the hype decks if I were in your position. Many of the hype decks I've seen in the past 4 years had counters discovered for them after the first major tournament they were used in, if not sooner than that.
Old May 6th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Haxorus3465
Turn Down For What

Cool. I'm currently constructing a list consisting of 3 Garbo, 3 Darkrai, 4 Sableye, 4 HTL, and 4 Enhanced Hammer. It's definitely gonna be tight, but I'll try it lol.
Old May 16th, 2013, 12:36 PM
jwalquis0388
Alastair of the Solstice

Nature: Calm
Why would you use Garbodor with Darkrai? I guess if you use float stone it wouldn't matter. It would sure mess up TDK that's for sure!

This is War...
Old May 16th, 2013, 06:30 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

How has it been running, Haxorus?
Old May 25th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Haxorus3465
Turn Down For What

Pretty sweet actually. Placed top 4 in two BRs, and will be heading to LA BRs next week. I'll post the list now. I think it still needs work, so any help is appreciated!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here