The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.


Advertise here

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old May 16th, 2013, 05:11 AM
Mariah Carey's Avatar
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter Tier 4
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: 42 wallaby way sydney
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy

Advertise here
I don't see why there should be any 'privileges' for posting, lol, considering you're coming on here to post and have a good time anyway. You post well enough, you get emblems. I don't see any real reason to add anything else to this simple system.

Edit: on a side note, something I'd change would be to make the default avatar size 160 x 160px, simply because that's the same size as some of the photosets on Tumblr, lol. I know it wouldn't ever happen, but it's a nice thing to think about regardless.
__________________

Last edited by Mariah Carey; May 16th, 2013 at 05:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #27    
Old May 16th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Jak's Avatar
Jak
i'll let you have it
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Audy, I just want to point out that it's not that mods want to take over the discussions and such for major changes. It's just that it would be nice if we could know when a decision is made instead of signing on to something totally unexpected. At least with letting us know, we have time to adjust and think, "okay, things are going to be different soon" and prepare for it. It'd be nice if members could know too. Just a little announcement in Community Announcements or the forums that will be affected. That'd be nice. That's all we want, really.
__________________
Bang bang!

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Reply With Quote
  #28    
Old May 16th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Kura's Avatar
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Just thought of something? Are we allowed to secretly nominate someone else for an emblem? Like let's say we go to their profile and see they're really obsessed with ___ or the profile is really pretty/ bright/ whatever, or someone who is a newbie but we think is really mature and contributing a lot, are we not allowed to PM a mod and just say "Hey I think I want to nominate this person for ___ emblem?"
And if it happens it happens and so cool, and if the mod doesn't see them fit yet for the emblem, then it should just be let be.. but I think it might be nice.
__________________
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
Reply With Quote
  #29    
Old May 16th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Jak's Avatar
Jak
i'll let you have it
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Just thought of something? Are we allowed to secretly nominate someone else for an emblem? Like let's say we go to their profile and see they're really obsessed with ___ or the profile is really pretty/ bright/ whatever, or someone who is a newbie but we think is really mature and contributing a lot, are we not allowed to PM a mod and just say "Hey I think I want to nominate this person for ___ emblem?"
And if it happens it happens and so cool, and if the mod doesn't see them fit yet for the emblem, then it should just be let be.. but I think it might be nice.
Not sure what other staff does, but if someone tells me they think so and so deserves a certain emblem, I go check them out and give it to them if I agree. It's not very often this happens though.
__________________
Bang bang!

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Reply With Quote
  #30    
Old May 16th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Ausaudriel's Avatar
Ausaudriel
Chief Mechanic
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Francisco
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Audy, I just want to point out that it's not that mods want to take over the discussions and such for major changes. It's just that it would be nice if we could know when a decision is made instead of signing on to something totally unexpected. At least with letting us know, we have time to adjust and think, "okay, things are going to be different soon" and prepare for it. It'd be nice if members could know too. Just a little announcement in Community Announcements or the forums that will be affected. That'd be nice. That's all we want, really.
I know, Syd. Really. My problem is that your only valid reason is "it would be nice." There's no practical reason and it's adding a whole other step into a process that already usually takes weeks from start of discussion to implementation as it is.

I don't at all think anybody needs to "prepare" to having a forum listed in a different category. You're either going to sign on and be surprised by reading a thread saying it'll happen or you'll sign on and be surprised by seeing it done. What... is the difference to you? While for us (hstaff), again, it's adding another useless step into a bigger process that already has a thousand other steps. I hate the bureaucracy that already plagues making decisions in HQ so forgive me if I loathe the idea of things taking even longer.

Big things, like deleting tabletop games? Yes. Of course. No brainer, it needs to be announced. Moving forums from one category to another? No valid reason beyond your own curiosity.

I know it seems like a big mountain/molehill issue at this point and I don't expect you to fully understand because you've never had to experience the tooth-pulling it takes to get stuff done in HQ. The thread we were discussing these category changes in was started two weeks ago. It took two separate "bump" posts from two different people in order to get enough votes to get it done. It's already complicated enough. I don't want to add more time, even 24 hours.
__________________
x paired with sylphiel x
x I am a magnet for all kinds of deeper wonderment x
x changelog x
Reply With Quote
  #31    
Old May 16th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
For a while you could publicly nominate people for emblems, but people were taking it as a given and it became like your friends asking for emblems for you instead of you asking them for yourself so it got stopped. But there isn't any rule against pointing out someone that you thinks deserves an emblem.
__________________

'Hoy, small fry!
Reply With Quote
  #32    
Old May 16th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Morkula's Avatar
Morkula
Play the Game
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia
Age: 26
Gender: Male
On the whole issue of mods knowing h-staff discussions...I'm just going to echo Audy here and say, it's not their jobs. Yes, our mods are the workhorses of the staff team. Yes, we're very grateful for everything they do and we respect their input. And yes, PC couldn't exist without our mod team.

But the h-staff are the ones responsible for the management of the community as a whole. Mods are responsible for a specific/a few specific forums. Stuff like forum arrangement, new features, and the like, are the realm of the h-staff. Obviously, if we're making a decision that directly involves the way the mods do their job, then it's only common courtesy to get their input before going through with it. But if, for example, your forum gets moved to a different category, it doesn't affect your job in any way. And if there's a discussion about multi-forum or community-wide stuff, it's honestly not the realm of the mods. It's not that we don't respect our mods or value their contributions to PC, it's just not their job to be concerned with h-staff affairs.

There's already enough deliberation and red tape that goes along with HQ decisions - especially since we have such a big h-staff at this point. A lot of HQ discussions drag on for weeks before any action takes place. To delay stuff any more, especially for no reason other than "This is going to happen in 24 hours!", is just redundant and ineffectual use of time.
__________________

paired with cherrim ~ big brother of arago
4p games ~ 4p forums ~ backloggery ~ twitter
Reply With Quote
  #33    
Old May 16th, 2013, 02:14 PM
antemortem's Avatar
antemortem
resign to your demons
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas, United States
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to antemortem
Quote:
Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★ View Post
★Weed old members/bots. It's a well known fact that over 90% of members in PC haven't made a single post. Well, these guys should be prevented because a) They eat server load and b) They take away cool names
I personally don't see a major issue with this other than 'that member could return.' Let's be frank - how many six-seven year old members that haven't logged on for, well, six or seven years have returned to full activity, and I mean full, in the past two or three years? One, maybe two? In any case, it's not all that many, and if it means old accounts could be purged to clear up space (if that even helps, that's something I'm not sure of) in the database, as well as free up some a good chunk of usernames, then what's another valid reason for not doing it?
__________________
art cred
king of the land
prince of the palace
[4:32:35 AM] Shinx: my nipples are permanently erect
Reply With Quote
  #34    
Old May 16th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Kura's Avatar
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Ah, didn't know it even took that long : | I could understand the frustration then! Well guess that's fair enough! Appreciated the input back on that though!

Also!! Are we ever gonna get post-comment notifications in the future? I know there's been big overhauling with the actual forum, so definitely no rush, but someone (I think it was Harlequin) mentioned it in that other thread Audy made about things going and I thought it would be an awesome feature *__*! Not really something to change but.. adding it would definitely be pretty awesome!

And what do you guys say to having the sender of post-comments visible to us in the CP? Or do you think it should stay anonymous?
__________________
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
Reply With Quote
  #35    
Old May 16th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Jak's Avatar
Jak
i'll let you have it
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Quote:
I know, Syd. Really. My problem is that your only valid reason is "it would be nice." There's no practical reason and it's adding a whole other step into a process that already usually takes weeks from start of discussion to implementation as it is.
I don't see what takes away the validity of "it would be nice." Because it really would. How would you feel if your work place randomly changed policies or uniforms one day without telling you beforehand? You walk in and bam, things are changed. It just seems like a courteous thing to do to inform people of any changes that are going to be made.

It's really not a hard thing to say "hey guys, things are going to be this way from now on." It just really isn't, which is why I'm having understanding why this apparently can't be done.

Quote:
I don't at all think anybody needs to "prepare" to having a forum listed in a different category. You're either going to sign on and be surprised by reading a thread saying it'll happen or you'll sign on and be surprised by seeing it done. What... is the difference to you? While for us (hstaff), again, it's adding another useless step into a bigger process that already has a thousand other steps. I hate the bureaucracy that already plagues making decisions in HQ so forgive me if I loathe the idea of things taking even longer.
Moderators of the affected forums need to be prepared. As I've stated before, it was a slap in the face to sign on and see I didn't mod my own full category anymore and that there was this new forum in GPGD without anyone telling me. If we're not going to tell the forum as a whole when forums are merged and such, that's fine. I'm done trying to get that change made. That's clearly not going to happen. But at least telling the mods would be a step up. I don't know if you informed them or not, nor does it matter any more, but it would be very reassuring to know that you did. And if you didn't, could that at least be an effort to make in the future? Just PM the moderator and say "Hstaff has come to a decision that x is going to happen to your forum soon."

I'm not mad about this or anything. I mean, I was mad when it was my forums, but I wasn't mad per se about the merge the other night. But still. It just, for lack of a better phrase, would be nice.
__________________
Bang bang!

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Reply With Quote
  #36    
Old May 16th, 2013, 08:35 PM
derozio's Avatar
derozio
my ghost is whispering to me
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Akihabara
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Lonely
I agree wholeheartedly with Syd. It might not seem like much of a deal to you but it is for some of us. Just PMing the moderator isn't something I see taking too long.

That said, this:
Quote:
on a side note, something I'd change would be to make the default avatar size 160 x 160px, simply because that's the same size as some of the photosets on Tumblr, lol. I know it wouldn't ever happen, but it's a nice thing to think about regardless.
Because larger avatar sizes are always nice. <3;
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37    
Old May 16th, 2013, 08:36 PM
droomph's Avatar
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: bar'jách
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antemortem View Post
I personally don't see a major issue with this other than 'that member could return.' Let's be frank - how many six-seven year old members that haven't logged on for, well, six or seven years have returned to full activity, and I mean full, in the past two or three years? One, maybe two? In any case, it's not all that many, and if it means old accounts could be purged to clear up space (if that even helps, that's something I'm not sure of) in the database, as well as free up some a good chunk of usernames, then what's another valid reason for not doing it?
Well, if you didn't even make a post in the first place, I don't see how it could be considered "returning"…

And yeah, some people use their accounts just to download attachments in the Emulation section once or twice (I know I signed up this account to do so), so if we get those people out it shouldn't affect them any. Besides. They could just make another one when they want to post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Moderators of the affected forums need to be prepared. As I've stated before, it was a slap in the face to sign on and see I didn't mod my own full category anymore and that there was this new forum in GPGD without anyone telling me. If we're not going to tell the forum as a whole when forums are merged and such, that's fine. I'm done trying to get that change made. That's clearly not going to happen. But at least telling the mods would be a step up. I don't know if you informed them or not, nor does it matter any more, but it would be very reassuring to know that you did. And if you didn't, could that at least be an effort to make in the future? Just PM the moderator and say "Hstaff has come to a decision that x is going to happen to your forum soon."

I'm not mad about this or anything. I mean, I was mad when it was my forums, but I wasn't mad per se about the merge the other night. But still. It just, for lack of a better phrase, would be nice.
Don't you guys have like separate mods and hstaff discussion forums or something? So yeah, either you guys should snoop in on the conversation, or they can post one little thing saying "okay pay attention guys this is what's going down", and you wouldn't have to PM anyone, and it would mostly be a copy+paste job…and if you have a discussion forum for changes with all staff included but only hstaff could make the final decision, you guys have a bigger sample size, and with surveys, that's usually a good thing.

and concerning the bureaucauiewfiawhi the long process that it takes to decide something, you should implement a Phoenix Wright type of system, where within x time if you don't come up with a "solution" the Top 3 or something (oldest? most posts? idk you guys figure it out) will automatically decide for everyone if to go on (ie it's alllmost there, it just needs some more ironing out), or to just skip xyz (you guys are in gridlock over a detail or the whole idea). And I say the top three or w/e can override because (1) this is pretty much their forum at this point, and (2) I can trust that they can make the right decision if they haven't been kicked out of their positions…

Or if it's getting the votes, have all the staff be required to vote within x time (preferably 2/3 days, since that accounts for "required activity" and time zones) so that you don't have to "bump the thread with the votes" and everything.

And if it's because it's slow to get the staff to discuss, just require them to get on and try to contribute (I say try because I know there's some issues where I couldn't care less), because it's their job and minor details like that.

Suggestions, guys. Don't get offended.
__________________
did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
o i forgot 5
uraqt



Last edited by droomph; May 16th, 2013 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Reply With Quote
  #38    
Old May 17th, 2013, 04:29 AM
Kura's Avatar
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
Don't you guys have like separate mods and hstaff discussion forums or something? So yeah, either you guys should snoop in on the conversation, or they can post one little thing saying "okay pay attention guys this is what's going down", and you wouldn't have to PM anyone, and it would mostly be a copy+paste job…
Suggestions, guys. Don't get offended.
Oh damn that's a good idea.. kinda like what we have with the like "small changes" thread in announcements. Something that is locked by h-staff in the mod lounge just giving an announcement to the mods before anything is posted/ done yet to the public maybe?

Maybe that would be a good all-around compromise. Not a discussion, doesnt take much time, but still lets mods know IF they need to know/ it is something that can be shared.

<3 Hope this will help <3
__________________
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
Reply With Quote
  #39    
Old May 17th, 2013, 02:04 PM
antemortem's Avatar
antemortem
resign to your demons
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas, United States
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to antemortem
I would honestly prefer if the whole exchange was more personal and the Moderator(s) that's to be effected by the changes are contacted privately. But that's just me so!
__________________
art cred
king of the land
prince of the palace
[4:32:35 AM] Shinx: my nipples are permanently erect
Reply With Quote
  #40    
Old May 22nd, 2013, 10:46 AM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sweden
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
OKAY

I think post comments should still be anonymous. Maybe you sometimes don't dare to tell someone who you are when you compliment them or point something out, and you can just type your name in if you do want them to know :3


BUT what I came here to say really is that I want the animated Duskull thread icon to go away. It's annoying and fugly :3
I'm all for pokémon thread icons! But make them non-animated. Maybe I'm just a bit boring, but I prefer my thread index static xD with the exception of smexy board headers on the top, of course.
__________________
be sure to check out PokéPOTW #24 .
moderator of POKéMON GENERAL .
and of the ROLEPLAY CORNER .
paired to a b n e g a t i o n .
Reply With Quote
  #41    
Old May 22nd, 2013, 11:06 AM
Jak's Avatar
Jak
i'll let you have it
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Quote:
I think post comments should still be anonymous. Maybe you sometimes don't dare to tell someone who you are when you compliment them or point something out, and you can just type your name in if you do want them to know :3
They're anon to everyone except higher staff, actually. :3

Quote:
BUT what I came here to say really is that I want the animated Duskull thread icon to go away. It's annoying and fugly :3
I'm all for pokémon thread icons! But make them non-animated. Maybe I'm just a bit boring, but I prefer my thread index static xD with the exception of smexy board headers on the top, of course.
Duskull is adorable get out omg. I do agree though that it's odd the Duskull is animted while the others aren't. I'd be more in favor of removing the thread icons really cause they don't have too much purpose, but it's not a big deal if it stays. Maybe we should change Duskull to Dusknoir. lol
__________________
Bang bang!

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Reply With Quote
  #42    
Old May 22nd, 2013, 11:07 AM
abnegation's Avatar
abnegation
adventure
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 21
Just a note: I can't even see who gave me post-comments.
__________________
Taking time off from being a Super Moderator on this forum.
I may be back in due course, until then I will be inactive.
Now you're aware.
Reply With Quote
  #43    
Old May 22nd, 2013, 01:18 PM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sweden
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
They're anon to everyone except higher staff, actually. :3
I know, I just thought I saw someone mentioning above here somewhere that they would like the anonymousity of them removed so I just wanted to object ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Duskull is adorable get out omg. I do agree though that it's odd the Duskull is animted while the others aren't. I'd be more in favor of removing the thread icons really cause they don't have too much purpose, but it's not a big deal if it stays. Maybe we should change Duskull to Dusknoir. lol
Haha yeah ok. I feel like there's been a discussion about redundant stuff in this forum at some point recently, where icons and those other redundant images appearing next to the icons in the index were mentioned? I wonder what happened with that.

I like thread icons just because they can make threads stand out a little ^^ But we have rather dull ones, like smiley faces, so a Dusknoir or other pokémon would be a vast improvement - especially considering we are a pokémon forum. Preferably not animated though, but that's just my own preference of course.

Those other icon thingys (to the left of the "post icons") that show if a thread is locked or not and if you have posted or not - I would like those removed. Or rather, merged with the post icons. If it's possible! One kind of icon next to a thread is enough, but I still think it's definitely useful to see a little dot if you are subscribed to a thread perhaps, an arrow if you have posts in it and a lock if the thread is locked. Or something.

@ Gavin, you can't? Maybe you are human after all 8D
__________________
be sure to check out PokéPOTW #24 .
moderator of POKéMON GENERAL .
and of the ROLEPLAY CORNER .
paired to a b n e g a t i o n .
Reply With Quote
  #44    
Old May 22nd, 2013, 08:47 PM
Mr. Downstairs's Avatar
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
Don't you guys have like separate mods and hstaff discussion forums or something?
There's a new forum for every staff level. They each have their own purpose. Mod forum is the Mod & Admin Lounge [pretty much the same thing as CQ&F in a weird way], and hstaff is the HQ (and admin is CMD).

Quote:
So yeah, either you guys should snoop in on the conversation, or they can post one little thing saying "okay pay attention guys this is what's going down", and you wouldn't have to PM anyone, and it would mostly be a copy+paste job…and if you have a discussion forum for changes with all staff included but only hstaff could make the final decision, you guys have a bigger sample size, and with surveys, that's usually a good thing.
The argument that's being made by most hstaff is they don't want to add another step to the process, which I agree with. It takes so long to get things done in HQ it's absolutely ridiculous, and most of the time it's not because it takes time to hammar out the details. When something finally does make the vote, most of us don't want to add another 12 or 24 or 48 hours for the change to occur. So having a post that says "okay pay attention guys this is what's going down" just, as Audy said, adds another step to the process that's kind of unnecessary because changes are announced in the updates thread anyway.

Quote:
and concerning the bureaucauiewfiawhi the long process that it takes to decide something, you should implement a Phoenix Wright type of system, where within x time if you don't come up with a "solution" the Top 3 or something (oldest? most posts? idk you guys figure it out) will automatically decide for everyone if to go on (ie it's alllmost there, it just needs some more ironing out), or to just skip xyz (you guys are in gridlock over a detail or the whole idea). And I say the top three or w/e can override because (1) this is pretty much their forum at this point, and (2) I can trust that they can make the right decision if they haven't been kicked out of their positions…
I don't really understand this, but I don't think I'd agree to it.

Quote:
Or if it's getting the votes, have all the staff be required to vote within x time (preferably 2/3 days, since that accounts for "required activity" and time zones) so that you don't have to "bump the thread with the votes" and everything.

And if it's because it's slow to get the staff to discuss, just require them to get on and try to contribute (I say try because I know there's some issues where I couldn't care less), because it's their job and minor details like that.
It's the hstaff's job and responsibility to vote in HQ threads. That's our primary responsibility (in fact, I think it's actually our only real responsibility). So, as far as I'm concerned, all hstaff are required to vote. And I don't like putting a time limit on how soon someone should reply to a thread. I don't know the reason behind other people not replying to threads, mostly because I think I'm pretty spammy in HQ and I generally think it through via my posts rather than gathering my thoughts before posting, but I think most of the time, it's safe to assume that its a case of "Okay, I read this. I'm going to take some time to think about it." And, honestly, I'd rather them take that time to think it through than require them to reply immediately.
Reply With Quote
  #45    
Old May 23rd, 2013, 10:47 AM
Kura's Avatar
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnegation View Post
Just a note: I can't even see who gave me post-comments.
Damn.. didn't Syd say you should be able to see them? ._. Deffo should be changed so you can see them.
__________________
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
Reply With Quote
  #46    
Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:12 AM
shenanigans's Avatar
shenanigans
Staff Admin
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Gender: Male
Huh really? Hstaff can all see post comments through the modcp, just not through normal styles. Or at least I can. d:
Reply With Quote
  #47    
Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:11 PM
Jak's Avatar
Jak
i'll let you have it
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
When I said hstaff can see who leaves comments, I meant overall they can check and see. Not entirely sure about if they can look in their user cp and see them like mods used to be able to, but whether they can or not, I know they can check through what Razor Leaf mentioned. Unless admins gave him crazy powers, haha.
__________________
Bang bang!

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Reply With Quote
  #48    
Old May 24th, 2013, 09:04 AM
joexv's Avatar
joexv
The True XV
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Oregon
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to joexv
I would have a better mobile site. The current one doesnt work to well and it's harder to find topics and the text boxes pictures and videos will go way off the screen a lot of the time. Other than that the team recruitment thread area, won't post my team thread even though I followed the rules that they wanted.
__________________
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7853535&posted=1#post7853535
75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
-Started by SkittyLover77
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Reply With Quote
  #49    
Old May 26th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Mariah Carey's Avatar
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter Tier 4
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: 42 wallaby way sydney
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Uh, since we can view a list of all the post comments given to us by other people, would it be possible to make it so we can view the post comments we have given to others??? Makes sense to me imo
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50    
Old May 26th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Jetfire's Avatar
Jetfire
Courage doesn't always roar.
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New York City
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
My suggestion/opinion would be for the moderators not to take their jobs so seriously.

I've been in that position where I've been in that "position of power" and all of sudden I'm scrolling through the website with the Code of Conduct closely at hand. Guys, remember that this is a Pokemon website not the White House forums.

Don't get me wrong, I praise your level of commitment towards your job and how seriously you take it. But, the people who join this website solely come for 3 main reasons: Trade, battle and meet new people. If something gets complicated just to get any of the 3, then I'm sure their level of enthusiasm is sure to diminish.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 11:41 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.