The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Old May 14th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I believe, since this is discussion of a single known element of the game (one of the cities), that it might be all right to give this its own thread.

Lumiose City has been confirmed as the city that is home to the tall Eiffel Tower-like structure in Kalos. Here are screenshots released on the Pokémon U.S. Web site that are included under the city page. In the event the page changes after the game is released, I'm copying as much as I can here.

Quote:
The central city of the Kalos region is Lumiose City, a thriving metropolis filled with customers checking out its variety of shops. Many roads extend from the iconic tower at the city's center.

The symbol of Lumiose City is the tall tower that sits at its center.

...and with that, discuss!

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 14th, 2013, 12:50 PM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Since it has the Eiffel tower and it is a central city i am even more convinced that the tower is gonna be the huge department store.
I would love to see a sort of fun fair in the city(roller coaster,ferry wheel)where you can increase friendship with your pokemon.
A ride on the river with the boat would be nice

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old May 14th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post
Since it has the Eiffel tower and it is a central city i am even more convinced that the tower is gonna be the huge department store.
I would love to see a sort of fun fair in the city(roller coaster,ferry wheel)where you can increase friendship with your pokemon.
A ride on the river with the boat would be nice
That kinda has elements of the boat ride in Italy going on. I like. I have a feeling it could be more like the other inaccessible waterways, or that it will be blocked as such that you can only hop across and explore a very small area. I hope I'm wrong. Actually, what would be wicked cool is if the canal ride here triggers an element of the story, or is used to progress the story; for instance, the operator can say something ambiguous like, "Hmm, I've never seen that before".

The description of having all of the shops and such makes me think of this as Kalos' version of Castelia City. That was the third Gym in Unova. I wonder where it will fall into place here.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 14th, 2013, 12:53 PM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
I think that when I arrive in this city, I'll just skate around the place for ages just taking in the sights

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old May 14th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Day and Night confirmation for the bottom left image there?

Anyway I think Lumiouse City being filled with many different shops will act as the Goldenrod City, Celadon City etc for purchasing all different types of items in-game.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old May 14th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Sverige
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

I wonder if that's the Pokemon Centre in the right of the first pic...
Old May 14th, 2013, 12:59 PM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post

Anyway I think Lumiouse City being filled with many different shops will act as the Goldenrod City, Celadon City etc for purchasing all different types of items in-game.
Nope that's day, but I honestly don't see why they'd remove day/night, it's obviously gonna be in there, and hey, maybe at Night, the tower will be all lit up with bright lights =D

Old May 14th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
No, the little bit of sky I can see suggests it's still daytime. Also, the tower doesn't look any different (other than the door being located on the right while the shot with the boy is on the left, proving these are different streets).

Cyclone

Old May 15th, 2013, 03:06 AM
ilias_

Nature: Calm
I love the cars haha. Imagine if instead of bike we would get a car!
The city looks cool, but I think it is going to confuse me at the beggining just like Castelia City in B/B2 haha

Pokémon X
Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Old May 15th, 2013, 03:17 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

I hope the music is catchy like Castelia's, except substitute saxophones for accordions

Old May 15th, 2013, 03:44 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Oh my bad, for a second I thought it looked darker than the other images, but I'm sure they will include Day & Night and Seasons.

As for music we've yet to hear any of the games soundtracks, but I'm sure it will have some upbeat catchy tune.

Old May 15th, 2013, 03:48 AM
ilias_

I wish they could use the sounds of a city instead of music and the sounds of nature when you are in a forest or a mountain ! I always play with my device on mute.

Pokémon X
Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Old May 15th, 2013, 03:55 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilias_ View Post
I wish they could use the sounds of a city instead of music and the sounds of nature when you are in a forest or a mountain ! I always play with my device on mute.
It wouldn't be Pokémon without Go Ichinose's awesome music, why would you wanna play on mute? The music in the Pokémon series is awesome, and it will be here, too.

Old May 15th, 2013, 04:00 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

I wonder if people around the City will sing if you approach them, they added vocals to Black & White which sounded great so I wouldn't be surprised if they carried that over.

Old May 15th, 2013, 04:05 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote:
I wonder if people around the City will sing if you approach them, they added vocals to Black & White which sounded great so I wouldn't be surprised if they carried that over.
I can imagine that, and with the 3DS' higher sound quality and that we might get MP3 format music, we could get nice high quality vocals, it'd be pretty cool if there was a guy actually singing in French, too.

Old May 15th, 2013, 04:25 AM
ilias_

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAbusoru View Post
It wouldn't be Pokémon without Go Ichinose's awesome music, why would you wanna play on mute? The music in the Pokémon series is awesome, and it will be here, too.
I agree.
Sometimes I want to pay attention to the plot and music distracts me haha I dont know why. haha I like to listen to the battle music tho.
Old May 15th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Daydream
Spider-Man
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'm loving the little touches some of these screenshots show. Especially the people sitting outdoors at what appears to be a café. It's so cute! I think more of this will actually make Kalos/Lumiose City feel more alive.
Old May 15th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
I'm so psyched for this game!

I love how they're including their own little Seine River, complete with the little bridges. Très français, non?

Old May 16th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydream View Post
I'm loving the little touches some of these screenshots show. Especially the people sitting outdoors at what appears to be a café. It's so cute! I think more of this will actually make Kalos/Lumiose City feel more alive.
I agree completely. I noticed the sense of realism there, and it makes it seem all that more real.

Cyclone

Old May 16th, 2013, 10:49 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I must say Kalos' Capital city looks better than Castelia did (I would comapre with Saffron, Goldon Rod, Rustboro, and Hearthome but those four weren't big sized cities like Castelia and Lumiose so it'll be an uneven comparison in favor of Lumiose).Hopefully we'll be able to go inside more of the buildings.
Old May 17th, 2013, 12:59 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I must say Kalos' Capital city looks better than Castelia did (I would comapre with Saffron, Goldon Rod, Rustboro, and Hearthome but those four weren't big sized cities like Castelia and Lumiose so it'll be an uneven comparison in favor of Lumiose).Hopefully we'll be able to go inside more of the buildings.
Yeah, more shops, maybe one where we can buy character clothes, and probably a restaurant (suggested in promo art and in the trailer)

Old May 17th, 2013, 02:24 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

I wonder if they've added new shops with new services, in the trailer you saw the player walking past what appeared to be a Café.

Old May 17th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Apricots
Cream Puff

Nature: Gentle
I am so going to get super lost in this entire game.

tumblr | deviantart | pixiv | twitter
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apricots View Post
I am so going to get super lost in this entire game.
Right? Haha

I don't like how the big cities get the focus, how about the others?
Old May 17th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

It does look like there is a lot to do even more so in the main city and especially with the diagonal movement I do think I may get a little confused too, but I'll get the jist of it.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links