• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

How do you feel about Pokemon Conquest's post-game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So if you've played through the main story of Conquest, you'll know that in the post-game you get a choice of many different things to choose from to complete, however you lose your army up to that point. How do you feel about losing your army - would you rather complete everything with at least your main Pokemon, or even your evolved Eevee? How do you think they could've done this differently? Additionally share your other thoughts about the post-game!

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I JUST beat the Hideyoshi episode like 5 minutes ago, so now I understand the post-game.

Pokemon lose their experience points (link), but they stay evolved no matter what. Your warriors are scattered too the winds, but if you find them again in other episodes their Pokemon are remembered and evolved to the form they where at.

Also Evolution stones carry over too.

So far, so good.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Well... at first I was shocked that I cannot go back to main story... but I'm taking a like to those episodes so I'm pretty happy that it has so radical change =)
I still hope to get back to the main story after completing all the episodes.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
It is strange that good pokemon that are attached to the Player Character are not accessible in the post game, but Great pokemon attached to rank-and-file Silver warriors can be Re-Recruited in every episode.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I'm really enjoying it so far. I actually like how they force you to use different Pokemon, and that the links are reset. If you could use any Pokemon and they all remained at the same link percentages, it would be difficult for the post-game to be made.
Because they're separated into episodes rated on a 5-star difficulty, if your Pokemon didn't reset their links, you would basically end up having your favorites being too strong, making them all too easy, or having some being too weak, etc. "Starting over from scratch" is the easiest way to prevent this from becoming an issue, and it makes the chapters feel like a new experience, as opposed to simply extending your previous experience (even though that's all that's happening).

I love being able to learn more about the other warlords. In terms of narrative, the episodes seem to contain the perfect mixture of seriousness and silliness.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Well... at first I was shocked that I cannot go back to main story... but I'm taking a like to those episodes so I'm pretty happy that it has so radical change =)
I still hope to get back to the main story after completing all the episodes.

After beating all other episodes, you unlock another episode, "The Two Heroes of Ransei". This one is listed as a 5-Star difficulty, the only one of its kind.

You get control of the Player Character in that story. From what I understand, you just have to re-conquer all of ransei, again, but much harder!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
After beating all other episodes, you unlock another episode, "The Two Heroes of Ransei". This one is listed as a 5-Star difficulty, the only one of its kind.

You get control of the Player Character in that story. From what I understand, you just have to re-conquer all of ransei, again, but much harder!
I know that, I was thinking that we may be able to get back into the main-story after you finish this episode (since it's the last you can do) =)
But if it's gonna be really hard then I don't mind not being able to get back since I can do everything in the episode =)
I really want Rank 3 me xD

Esoj

Ekruum Fortrez
Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
Well, I cleared the main story. The fact of losing my team shocked me a lot at the point of thinking: This is really happening!? Because you put effort and time training your army and it's like throwing all to the trash can. Imagine ev training your team in B&W and, after completing the main story, you start over again, but with the evolutions, sweet and sour. It's ok to start from 0 in the episodes, but would be great continue the main story without relation with the episodes. Done, let's deal with it. I've done some episodes; they were somewhat easy with the exception of Hideyoshi's episode. This one was somewhat hard. Conquering Nobunaga's army was pretty much easy than Shingen's army. What I can't understand is why the system doesn't allow me to continue an episode after clearing it. There's a way to continue playing in a cleared episode?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Yesterday I finally finished the game.
I must say the hero's episode was by far the best!
All those post-game episodes were pretty easy...
The hardest part of post-game was to evolve all warlords and famous warriors to rank 2 (and in player's case rank 3 even though that was pretty easy =))
But from what I experienced, Serebii does not have exact or complete information everytime. =/
I also filled the Pokémon Gallery (you actually don't need Reshiram to get a Rayquaza) so I don't have anything left to do there :/
Completely 130 hours of in-game time =D
So if you have any question, feel free to ask =)

Spoiler about the final episode, read at your own risk.
Spoiler:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Spoiler:

It's actually a very interesting part of the game. When you look at the main storyline, the battles that you're going to face are basically those same ones. In the episodes, your opponents are completely random. Who knows what Pokemon does the enemy managed to find. :>

Although it starts to get too easy once you managed to transform some folks. So far I haven't transformed those 4 roamers at the back of the warlord list and my hero =w=

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Although it starts to get too easy once you managed to transform some folks. So far I haven't transformed those 4 roamers at the back of the warlord list and my hero =w=
You need to play a long time and then they will start appearing =)
I've evolved Keiji in Hanbei's episode (which was probably my longest xD I love that guy xD). I found Kiyomasa and Masanori in Takadasu's episode and Mitsunari in hero's one.
So you just need to play for a long time =)
Keiji is probably easiest since you can recruit him when he's warlord of Yaksha in some episodes =D But linking him with Shieldon is a pain in the butt :/

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2016
I JUST beat the Hideyoshi episode like 5 minutes ago, so now I understand the post-game.

Pokemon lose their experience points (link), but they stay evolved no matter what. Your warriors are scattered too the winds, but if you find them again in other episodes their Pokemon are remembered and evolved to the form they where at.

Also Evolution stones carry over too.

So far, so good.
Ok,I am confused now.You said that the evolution stays.I just started Hideoshy chapther,and he does not have a Infernape,but a Chimchar.So evolution does not stay.

Something is just not right.I started Hideoshi Episode,and I used their turns on the cave.So I advanced a month.And when I checked,all the kingdooms have now stronger and much more pokemons.So how I advance in months,they became thougher?

Last edited:

Nakala Pri

It was really startling to find that my whole four days work was OVER! My Pikachu, unstoppable! My Eevee, can't touch this! Yukimura was my biggest hero ever! He could even slaughter an ENTIRE water type mission. Beat that, I dare you... *intimidating stare*

Loved the game, loved EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back