The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 17th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Poldie
Unhatched Egg

Thanks

I could also go for the masuda method as a contest...Then i can give the 2th and 3th closest "guess" a pokémon with the best nature/iv's.

And then you just have to guess the number of eggs

Or I could do both(RE and MM) of them as a contest

Last edited by Poldie; May 17th, 2013 at 12:11 PM. Reason: grammer mistake again xD
Old May 17th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Janske
Shinyhunter - Trance for life

Nature: Jolly
7k RE for nidoran and no shiny yet omg. What a pain in the *beep* lol xD. I do hope my signature shows, TSE did such a nice job on it I'd feel awful if it doesn't show up lol. Then again I can be too noob to do it haha.

Anyway I hope tomorrow I'll manage to do another 500 RE at least. Good luck to every hunter here
Old May 17th, 2013, 07:02 PM
MrWasabii
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poldie View Post
Thanks

I could also go for the masuda method as a contest...Then i can give the 2th and 3th closest "guess" a pokémon with the best nature/iv's.

And then you just have to guess the number of eggs

Or I could do both(RE and MM) of them as a contest
Sounds like a lot of work on your part, but it definitely sounds fun! * w*

@Jan: d;
I tried REing a Zigzagoon and stopped at about 2k.
7k is a lot and not getting anything sounds painful </3
don't give up~!
Old May 18th, 2013, 05:07 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I've been slacking off with shiny hunting- my time has been occupied with competitive battling on PC's Showdown Server.

I think my next hunt will be either Gastly or male Nidoran. I've always loved shiny Voltorb, but I'm worried that if I chain for one during a swarm, it will just off itself before I have a chance to catch it. Maybe I'll keep a Pokemon with hypnosis around for that purpose.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old May 19th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Cheesecake(GlassTheDragon)

Nature: Hardy
Now at 5000 REs for the 2nd shiny of my heartgold Badge quest(mareep) if it goes over the odds i hope it doesn't go to far over and I'm at day 4 of hunting in ice path for a shiny swinub congrats on the recent shinies and good luck everyone

Old May 19th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Congrats on the shiny Totodile, TSE!

Welcome to the club, Cheesecake(GlassTheDragon)!

This week's random hunt is... Mime Jr./Mr. Mime!
Old May 19th, 2013, 11:02 AM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
Thanks for any congrats!

Just as a bit of a personal update~
Terribly sorry if I fall behind with keeping the chat updated/keeping you guys updated with my hunts! I have been going through some pretty intense family stuff and am now officially in the process of moving house, so while I will try to hunt as much as possible I'm not sure how much I'll be doing in the next couple weeks. Hopefully I can stay on top of it.

As of now though I am at exactly 2,500 Eevee MM eggs hatched. I'm not sure if I mentioned it before but I am using 2 systems, and I'm leaving one system on continuously even when I'm not hunting to see if it has an effect like people say it does. The other system I turn on and off at will.
I'll also hopefully have another sync Mew with all these Eevees going in Ranch! XD

EDIT 20th May morning: 2570 Eggs so far...

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.

Last edited by TheShinyEevee; May 19th, 2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old May 20th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Spritingyoshi22
That guy over there

Nature: Brave
On my day off sick I decided to chain to get a shiny on the route just above the resort area as I didn't feel like SRing for Dialga. After a chain of 41 (the 1 being me getting lucky after a misclick) I found a Shiny Roselia. I don't think my cousin will be too happy as he found 1 on his Sapphire version randomly a few years ago and didn't realize it was Shiny so he defeated it. Anyway I am probably not going to be hunting very much as I have my end of year exams coming up along with that I have a history project on top of other HW and I have my LP's to keep updated.

*Found on 20th May 2013 13:49 PM*

Last edited by Spritingyoshi22; May 20th, 2013 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Added Video
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:57 AM
pokewalker
If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
TheShinyEevee: Good luck with your Eevee! Btw I've also tried doing that but it doesn't really have an effect... It's just psychological so you think your shiny shined because of that.
Spritingyoshi22: Congrats with your Roselia! Go and troll your cousin with it O

I just decided to go for a Pidgey next. I'm just doubting whether to breed it (MM) or encounter it... Nah will know soon.
I should also reclaim my Ponyta soon, thanks for reminding me spritingyoshi22 That Roselia reminded me of it. I beated one when I was really small on my Diamond thinking it wasn't special because I used an R4 with cheats on it back then. It is an amazing shiny nonetheless so I should soon

Good luck on everyone's hunts!
Old May 20th, 2013, 12:16 PM

Still hunting for mareep for my Heartgold Badge quest I'm now @ 5850 will probably get to at least 6400 REs today I've been hunting like crazy and i don't have to go to school tomorrow and thursday and we have a half day wednesday.

As for my swinub hunt now @ day 5 I'm not expecting to get this soon when something shines it shines I won't rush it but I am really serious about this hunt and I won't walk away from it shiny swinubless even if i have to go through 10 golbats/zubats

@TheShinyEeeveee
That hunt sounds crazy I wish you good luck you deserve it I leave my systems on now and then I don't know if that affects anything but good luck!

@pokewalker whatever you decide to do i hope pidgey doesn't troll you for to long good luck!

Last edited by Cheesecake(GlassTheDragon); May 20th, 2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old May 20th, 2013, 03:49 PM
simplysam
Unhatched Egg

Hello all! My name's Sam, and I'd like to join your club, if that's okay~
c:
I've traded for a few shinies, but it's just not as rewarding as finding them on your own, so I've just begun hunting for shinies myself!
I found my shiny Drifblim and my shiny Lunatone myself, but those were random.
Love them to bits.
:3
My first actual shiny hunt is for a shiny Sneasel, and I'm just trying to hatch one right now.
Old May 20th, 2013, 05:55 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

(Late) congratulations on the shiny Drifblim. That evolution line has some pretty cool shinies, hmm? [:

I was just browsing through here and noticed the shiny Eevee in Cheesecake(GlassTheDragon)'s signature. I had forgotten that you can get an Eevee from Bill. I don't think I have yet on my copy of Soulsilver.

So my next hunt will be SR'ing for a shiny Eevee. I plan to clone it so I can get a shiny of several of its evolutions. [:
Old May 20th, 2013, 06:04 PM
simplysam
Unhatched Egg

Thanks! Ahh yes, shiny Drifblim's are amazing, I love the color scheme. ^-^ I had never seen one before that point, so I was quite shocked at just how much I loved it~ My hope is to train that one to level 100 at some point. c:
Old May 20th, 2013, 06:13 PM
C Dillinger
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Relaxed
Hey guys I would love to join the club...
At the moment I have no shinies.... Way back I encountered a shiny zigzagoon, but unfortunately my brother reset the game. I have been soft resetting for a shiny regirock somewhere around 2500 times on Black 2, and my next project will most likely be a shiny cyndaquil!
Need to Complete: Black, White 2
Black 2 FC: 0433-8941-3220
Heart Gold FC: 4728-8614-9499
Old May 21st, 2013, 01:55 AM
Poldie
Unhatched Egg

hey guys,

Still no Shiny Cobalion and I'm at 2701 SR's. Couldn't play alot tho lately.
As of the competition: I'm still thinking wether i will do MM or RE for it

Does any1 know if there is still a legit way to get mew btw?
Old May 21st, 2013, 06:19 AM
Spritingyoshi22
That guy over there

Nature: Brave
Ok so this was completely unexpected, So I decide to continue hunting for Starly on my Pearl badge quest (2nd day off sick), Then decide I need to use the bathroom and do 1 encounter without looking at my screen, I come back and look at my Pearl screen, I see that it's a Bidoof but notice that its a different colour and scream SHINY (After only 38 REs). I also turned on my 2 Diamond versions before I started recording the video to see if I could get lucky with Dialga, didn't turn out. The badge quest continues as I can't move on to the next badge until I get Starly. I also already have Shiny Bibarel on my Platinum but hey I'm not complaining.

*Found 21st May 2013 at 14:46 PM *

Last edited by Spritingyoshi22; May 22nd, 2013 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Added Video
Old May 21st, 2013, 07:17 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Hey guys, it has been since Christmas when I was last here. I got to find my old post and update it. I haven't played pokemon in a while and slowly starting to get back into it. The only new shiny I have since Christmas is another Shiny Eevee that I got in a trade. I will be coming back here ever so often to update my finds/looking for list. I also evolved my Shiny Dratini into Dragonair and stopping it there, since I do not like Shiny Dragonite.

Current Shiny Pokes:
Spoiler:

Gen 1:

Gen 2:

Gen 3:

Gen 4:

Gen 5:

With May I will try to get some of May's pokemon, because she is my favorite character in the anime. The following is what I am going to work on breeding.

Last edited by Iceman3317; May 21st, 2013 at 08:00 AM.
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:04 AM
Kirozane
Frolic and fun~
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Kirozane Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirozane Send a message via Skype™ to Kirozane
I just.... I... wow.... I didn't even know that was freakin possible... I really had to resist flipping my DS out of pure anger.

So I started SRing the living bajeebus out of the platinum piplup because heck yes shiny penguin. I go to reset because after close inspection my piplup was normal.

The same could not be said about my rival's turtwig.

How is this possible?

WHY is this possible!?

I thought it was impossible for the rival's starter to be shiny. I really did. But.... But no. No. There was a shiny effing turtwig staring me down. I just.... I can't guys... I really can't. I'll finish flipping tables in the area and get back to my SRing escapades.

Edit: Ok. It's supposed to not be possible. I guess my game had a minor glitch. A minor. Stupid. glitch. But I'm more hopeful on the "eyes are playing tricks on me why did you stay up half the night SRing you fool" option.
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:45 AM
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

*A SHINY LDD APPEARS!*

*dodges several Mssterballs tossed at her*

Yeah, I know, you all have GOT to find a way to keep me from wondering off for six months at a time. (Last Visit: October 7th, 2012)

Congratulations to all shinys caught! Hello and welcome to all new members!

I come with a Shiny Update: I've gone through Black and White with no luck, and Black 2 also. Then late last night on my White 2, I finally break the... what is it year(s) long dry spell... it feels like years.

Random Shiny Bouffalant appears!
Okay, here's the rundown.

Bouffalant (Male)
Mild Nature
Caught on Route 23
Level caught: 49
Likes to run.

Stats (A little messed up because without thinking I started feeding it stat improvers.)
HP 162
ATK 133
DEF 93
Sp ATK 67
Sp DEF 110
SpD 78

Ability Sap Sipper

I've never raised a Bouffalant, I wonder how he'll turn out.

So, anyone need me to stick around?

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old May 21st, 2013, 09:38 AM

Hello LDD! I don't know you but you seem nice and important around here your welcome to stay if you want I'd like that.

My mareep hunt got to 7100 REs now if I get something other than mareep i won't be mad even if its zubat.
The hunt for mareep will go on though even if i get alot of repeat shinies like bellsprout but I don't have any of the
shinies from this route already except zubat. I actually wouldn't mind getting something else xD but i can't leave without
a pink mareep in my possession.

As for my swinub hunt now on day 6 mostly everything in this cave would be a FoYT but I'm not really excited about
that more to the fact of getting the actual shiny. Delibird and jynx would be awesome but my main target here is
swinub and i won't leave here without that either.

Last edited by Cheesecake(GlassTheDragon); May 21st, 2013 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Chocolate Milk
Old May 21st, 2013, 09:58 AM
TheShinyEevee

Here we go :3
Congratulations to Spritingyoshi on both the Roselia and the Bidoof (sort of?XD) can't wait to see the video!
Congratulations Iceman on the Eevee (so jealous!)
Kirozane, that sucks if it did happen ): Hopefully it was just your eyes though. More impotantly hopefully you'll find your Piplup soon!
Welcome welcome LDD, nice to see you again, remember me? Haha! Congratulations on the Bouffalant, it's nice to break a drough!

Good luck to everyone going through tough hunts at the moment. I know the feels, just remember, those shinies will turn up!
Welcome to SimplySam and C Dillinger too!
And Pokewalker, yeah, on 4th gen (and upwards?) it does actually effect egg hatching, as egg hatching comes under IRNG and not RNG. Whenever you turn off your game your shiny frame resets, so unless you get a frame within the 100 eggs or whatever you hatch before you turn off (and with 1/2044 odds that isn't likely) you won't get the shiny. However if your frame is 1500, you have to hatch them all in one DS being on period. This can backfire if your frame is, say, 5000. Hope that helped XD

I'm getting 100 eggs a day done. At 2670 so far...

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old May 21st, 2013, 10:58 AM
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

I think it's time I get around to finishing up doing things on Black 2, I really have just let important things slide, at least I'm no longer distracted by other games.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesecake(GlassTheDragon) View Post
Hello LDD! I don't know you but you seem nice and important around here your welcome to stay if you want I'd like that.

My mareep hunt got to 7100 REs now if I get something other than mareep i won't be mad even if its zubat.
The hunt for mareep will go on though even if i get alot of repeat shinies like bellsprout but I don't have any of the
shinies from this route already except zubat. I actually wouldn't mind getting something else xD but i can't leave without
a pink mareep in my possession.

As for my swinub hunt now on day 6 mostly everything in this cave would be a FoYT but I'm not really excited about
that more to the fact of getting the actual shiny. Delibird and jynx would be awesome but my main target here is
swinub and i won't leave here without that either.
Oh, I'm hardly important. I'm glad to see posts on the same day as me though... last time I wondered into here I think it took a day to see anyone else reply, I hope that means things are looking up in the club? So many of us were distracted from our love of the HUNT.

Oh you're after a cotten-candy-Mareep? Those are adorable, good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinyEevee View Post
Welcome welcome LDD, nice to see you again, remember me? Haha! Congratulations on the Bouffalant, it's nice to break a drough!

Good luck to everyone going through tough hunts at the moment. I know the feels, just remember, those shinies will turn up!

I'm getting 100 eggs a day done. At 2670 so far...
Of course I remember you! I'm glad for the Bouffalant too, he's my first Shiny of this Generation if I'm remembering... oh my it's bad when I start forgetting my shiny list...

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old May 21st, 2013, 01:00 PM
TheShinyEevee

LDD I think a retired co-owner is pretty important! Lol :3

In shiny news, I watched on in horror as my friend hatched a 1/8192 shiny eevee whilst trying to get a modest one or something, after 5 eggs. Many table flips occured :c 2693...

EDIT: Poldie, you can actually still hunt Mew on Emerald by using the Run Away method, but you need an Action Replay to get to the island where mew is. It depends if you count that legit.

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.

Last edited by TheShinyEevee; May 21st, 2013 at 09:47 PM.
Old May 21st, 2013, 01:35 PM
fishyfins
Reality Sculptor

Well, its finally time i started my SS badge quest! Im just, literally this second, booting up my friends old copy to restart it and start SRing for a shiny starter :3 here we go! ALLONS-Y!!!!
Old May 21st, 2013, 01:42 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

I hadn't even realized that turning your game off changes anything. I don't know if I'm completely understanding your post, though- does that mean it would be more effective to hatch eggs (without turning the power off) than to SR for a Pokemon? (Not using MM, I mean)

I'm still searching for a shiny Eevee, and have been SRing in Goldenrod, but now I might have to try MM'ing for one, instead. I actually always keep a Japanese Ditto in the daycare center, so when I breed my Pokemon, there's a tiny chance it will be shiny. {:

Last edited by ⊗Slenderman⊗; May 21st, 2013 at 02:01 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links