• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen How and when do you plan to get the games?

Have you Pre-Ordered Pokemon X or Pokemon Y?

• Yep!

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • Nope, I'll just pick up a copy in store.

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I'll definitely pre-order, if there's a bonus even better, but i wouldn't really care.
I'm not sure how to pre-order though. I usually do it in a gamestore, but I'll be
moving to Spain this August to study/work there, so maybe i'll pre-order online?

Has anyone tried that already? How soon do you get the game delivered?

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I don't want to preorder because I hate what preordering does... Even if Pokemon never seems to be corrupted like other companies with preordering. See this...

If there is a 3DS Pokemon bundle with X or Y preinstalled on the 3DS, I will get that, as I feel having a Pokemon game on demand without the game card is the best thing ever. I really wish they would put more games as downloadable on the market as well... Not sure how the bundle will connect to your account so that you may download a bundle game later if its deleted or something.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I've been pre-ordering Pokemon games since Pearl Version, so I definitely will with X. I'm not going to until I see which store has the best pre-order offer, though.

iirc GameStop didn't do anything for Black and White but when I pre-ordered from Toys R Us, I got wall decals, a Reshiram stylus and a Zekrom stylus, a cleaning cloth with the starters on it, and little cases for DS games. I like getting bang for my buck :b

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
If I get a 3DS beforehand, I am so going to preorder it. If I can't I'll just pick one up in store...in a midnight release of course!

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I will definetly pre-order but I'm not in a huge rush to. There is still 6 and a half months to go.. and need to buy a 3DS first. So I'll wait till Summer when I actually have a job to do all that xD

If I get a 3DS beforehand, I am so going to preorder it. If I can't I'll just pick one up in store...in a midnight release of course!

For those of you who seemed to have waited to get a 3DS for these games, it would be great to see special 3DS XLs for X & Y that have the game bundled with it.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
For those of you who seemed to have waited to get a 3DS for these games, it would be great to see special 3DS XLs for X & Y that have the game bundled with it.

I don't want to preorder because I hate what preordering does... Even if Pokemon never seems to be corrupted like other companies with preordering. See this...

If there is a 3DS Pokemon bundle with X or Y preinstalled on the 3DS, I will get that, as I feel having a Pokemon game on demand without the game card is the best thing ever. I really wish they would put more games as downloadable on the market as well... Not sure how the bundle will connect to your account so that you may download a bundle game later if its deleted or something.

Cough... Cough cough cough cough... Cough...

Years
If I get a 3DS as a gift, definitely but otherwise, unless I miraculously come up with a lot of money, I'm not getting it, never mind pre-ordering it.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I'll pre-order both games in August, hoping to pick them up (GameStop if possible) instead of them being shipped.
(why not earlier? i need to buy my tickets for upcoming football games in Seattle)

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
I have preordered and paid off Y version. My girlfriend has preordered and paid off X version.

Definitely looking forward to it. I hope they decide to give us pre-order bonuses like they did with 4th gen. A Yveltal and Xerneas figure would be amazing.

Years
If the pre-order bonuses are good then I may pre-order, but I'm hoping there'll be a midnight launch at my local GAME as there usually is at the beginning of any Pokemon generation (and sometimes even things like Leaf Green). You're guaranteed cool stuff just for turning up and buying it if that happens.

Years
I will pre-order it when I can! They are not available for pre-order here yet but I pre-ordered Black 2 and it was cool! haha

Guy

just a guy
Years
/merge

To be honest, I don't really have to pre-order either of them in advance. In my area, it's hardly likely that they'll be sold out before the day ends on release day. Although, while I don't have to pre-order them, I would like to do so a month before release day. I don't care for any pre-order bonuses, but I wouldn't mind getting a figurine!

Creame

Dreams take you higher ♥
Years
I think imma preorder it! Just to make sure it isn't sold out already! I cannot wait till October! My birthday is in August, which will get me some money (at least I hope it will).. Imma be working during summer and that will be helping as well!

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I am going to ask for X for my birthday since the release date is a few days before it. I will eventually get Y later when I have finished X. But yeah, I will probably tell my mom to pre-order it so that I get the bonuses.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It'll depend on Pre-Order gifts (which at the moment there are none). I think we're doing a large sale like we did with Pokemon Black 2 and White 2. If there is a sale I may get both from work (one for me and my brother). If I have to work that day I'm totally putting two copies aside for myself after an hour. If I'm off, I'll be clawing at the front door until we open XD

If Gamestop has a good Pre-Order then I'll pre-order my brother's copy there and buy mine with my discount at work~

Why pay full price when I get 10%? XD

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I pre-ordered X at Best Buy and Y at EB Games. (It was available at bestbuy before eb)

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2016
I still have to buy a 3ds before I make the decision lol. I was thinking of getting both games but I'm not sure yet. I love to play both games where you have exclusive Pokemon and just gives you variations to your teams.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I'm just going to march into the nearest JB HI FI store, purchase both X & Y (on release day), then run home to play them! :P ... I've never felt so hyped for a Pokemon game since Ruby...

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2014
How and when I plan on getting X or Y.

It took me all night to come up with such a devilish plan. Dreams of Chespin Fenniken and Froakie danced all night long in my head. That is when my eyes opened and I shot out of bed. I was getting Pokemon x or y even if I am alive or dead. The plan was simple I say. I still cant even stop smiling up till this day! Oh what a plan it was. Such a devilish plan. Soon Pokemon x or Y will be in my hands.

My plan you ask? My plan indeed is as simple as can be. The night before you see you see while all you little good kids sleep and smile with glee! I will stake the truck to my local Gamestop. For Free For Free I can see the whole truck of Pokemon x or y for me! That is with my deliberate scheme! Take the truck hostage for friends and family. In the end Pokemon x and Pokemon Y will be all for me! Then I woke up and realized it was all just a dream within a dream.

For real though. I have a job. Get my $600 Paycheck this Friday! More than enough.

Augenis

Lithuanian PokéNerd
Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2013
I'll probably just use the same way I did with Black 2 - download a 3DS emulator and grab the game in the torrents!
I would love to grab it for 3DS, not for PC, but I don't think you can buy them both in Eastern Europe. :(

Back