The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Resources

Notices

Resources Everything you need to help make your game can be found in here. You can also post your own resources. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Old April 13th, 2013, 09:35 PM
oxysoft

I have wrote a quick utility in C# to quickly extract many gif files into multiple frames because everyone knows gif files sucks. I needed this for my C# engine as I plan on having animated Pokemon in-battle and XNA would probably scream at me for feeding it gifs.

These are all in original size, they have not been resized or anything

I will extract more sprites soon such as shinies, back sprites and trainers

Warning: This is absolutely massive and all files together total up to about 500,000 files

Gif Files

Frontal (NOT SHINY)
Frontal (SHINY)
Back (NOT SHINY)
Back (SHINY)
Trainers
Misc
All-In-One Pack (MASSIVE)

Separated into frames

Frontal (NOT SHINY)
Frontal (SHINY)
Back (NOT SHINY)
Back (SHINY)
Trainers
Menu Icons (NOT SHINY)
Menu Icons (SHINY)
Misc
All-In-One Pack (MASSIVE)

Utility used for the extraction
Virus Scan for those who fear

Note:
- It was made for my own personal usage
- Requires .NET 4 (downloadable here)

Example of frames for Pikachu

Simply load them into your animation provider or something. You might have trouble with white space if you render them at a static X and Y location on screen, since some of them have more white spaces, I'm not sure ...

Also, unless you really hate your user base, you should definitely package all of these sprites into your own data storage file that your engine read so that you only distribute one single file containing all of these sprites.

Credit:
sprites.pokecheck.org (All of the gif files)
Me (Writing the utility program)

Hopefully this helps!

Last edited by oxysoft; April 14th, 2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old April 14th, 2013, 12:26 PM
oxysoft

Updated my post with the rest of them, I will upload a zip file including absolutely everything.
Old April 28th, 2013, 09:21 PM
CrossZero
Blender Maker

Nature: Calm
Awesome, i'll download it to see your C# ultility did.

Could be usefull if some one animate them with photoshop so they are not .PNG images, so they become .GIF images. I'll do it if i have some free time.

Thanks for the good job.

See ya
Why wont you let me hide from me!?
Mirror... tell me some thing... tell me whos the loneliest fo all?
I am the lonliest... of all
Old May 15th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Keromatsu
Froakie is Awesome!

Nature: Naughty
I am in it! I am going animate these! And it is summer too so I will have free time!

Pokedex status 718/718 please check out my list here thanks! Oh wait Im done! but i want to fill it with event Pokemon too Victini is the only event Pokemon not in my Dex http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=334680
Old May 16th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

You can already find the .gifs out there. No need to animate them. Look for P-Sign's Ultimate BW kit. The point of Oxysoft's post was the still images because .gifs slow down the game so much. You can animate them if you want to but its a waste of time since they are already done
Old May 18th, 2013, 01:39 AM
Keromatsu
Froakie is Awesome!

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayd12smitty View Post
You can already find the .gifs out there. No need to animate them. Look for P-Sign's Ultimate BW kit. The point of Oxysoft's post was the still images because .gifs slow down the game so much. You can animate them if you want to but its a waste of time since they are already done
When I download the file it is blank...

Pokedex status 718/718 please check out my list here thanks! Oh wait Im done! but i want to fill it with event Pokemon too Victini is the only event Pokemon not in my Dex http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=334680
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links