Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Competitive Team Help

Notices

Competitive Team Help Having trouble with your competitive Pokémon team? Be sure to check here if you need any help on it. Any teams intended for in-game and casual play should be posted in the In-Game Team Help sub-forum.

Old May 17th, 2013 (12:42 PM).
Nicktaco
Hot Sensation

I Have made many teams on Pokemon Showdown and cant seam to win often, but this seams to be my best one

Hitmontop

Intimidate

Life Orb

Close Combat
Sucker Punch
Mach Punch
Stone Edge

HP 4
Attack 252
Speed 252

Jolly

Shuckle

Contrary

Chesto Berry

Rest
Shell Smash
Power Split
Toxic

HP 4
Defense 252
Special Defense 252

Calm

Cloyster

White Herb

Skill link

Icicle Spear
Rock Blast
Shell Smash
Hydro Pump

Attack 252
Special attack 4
Speed 252

Serious

Haxorus

Choice Scarf

Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Outrage

HP 36
Attack 252
Speed 220

Adamant

Landorus-Therian

Choice Band

U-turn
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Superpower

HP 4
Attack 252
Speed 252

Adamant

Torterra

Sitrus Berry

Earthquake
Synthesis
Wood Hammer
Curse

HP 252
Attack 252
Defence 4

Careful
Old May 17th, 2013 (06:52 PM).
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Hyper offense, no support, HIGHLY hail weak. VGC is a combination of defensive and offensive play so I'm not surprised that you haven't been doing well. Not only that, it looks like you used all singles builds for your Pokemon. No good. VGC's all about dishing as much damage as possible while absorbing or dodging hits left, right, and center.

Hitmontop: Ditch Stone Edge for Wide Guard. There isn't THAT many flying types in doubles and you need Wide Guard to protect against spread moves. EVs need to be changed to 252 HP|252 Attack or else Hitmontop will just die an inglorious death. Item should be either Sitrus Berry, Leftovers, or Fighting/Dark Gem. Nature: Adamant.

Shuckle: No. Just... If you REALLY want to use one, use the following set:
Impish Shuckle w/ Chesto Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP|252 Def|4 SpD (switch the def and spD if you want depending on which you're having trouble with)
~ Power Split
~ Rock Slide
~ Helping Hand / Bug Bite
~ Rest

Cloyster: Change nature to either Hasty, Adamant, or Lonely. Item should be Focus Sash. Change Hydro Pump to Scald, the accuracy really kills you and the chance of burn is valuable, or to Protect to shrug off any potential hits. You might need something with Rage Powder or Follow Me in order to pull off the Shell Smash.

Haxorus/Landorus/Torterra: You need to ditch either one or two of these because of the massive Blizzard-weak. Think about the roles you have these three playing and then consider what your team needs more of.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old May 17th, 2013 (07:29 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by Griffinbane:
Hyper offense, no support, HIGHLY hail weak. VGC is a combination of defensive and offensive play so I'm not surprised that you haven't been doing well. Not only that, it looks like you used all singles builds for your Pokemon. No good. VGC's all about dishing as much damage as possible while absorbing or dodging hits left, right, and center.

Hitmontop: Ditch Stone Edge for Wide Guard. There isn't THAT many flying types in doubles and you need Wide Guard to protect against spread moves. EVs need to be changed to 252 HP|252 Attack or else Hitmontop will just die an inglorious death. Item should be either Sitrus Berry, Leftovers, or Fighting/Dark Gem. Nature: Adamant.

Shuckle: No. Just... If you REALLY want to use one, use the following set:
Impish Shuckle w/ Chesto Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP|252 Def|4 SpD (switch the def and spD if you want depending on which you're having trouble with)
~ Power Split
~ Rock Slide
~ Helping Hand / Bug Bite
~ Rest

Cloyster: Change nature to either Hasty, Adamant, or Lonely. Item should be Focus Sash. Change Hydro Pump to Scald, the accuracy really kills you and the chance of burn is valuable, or to Protect to shrug off any potential hits. You might need something with Rage Powder or Follow Me in order to pull off the Shell Smash.

Haxorus/Landorus/Torterra: You need to ditch either one or two of these because of the massive Blizzard-weak. Think about the roles you have these three playing and then consider what your team needs more of.
Eh, Cloyster can't learn Scald. Razor Shell is the next best thing it has to a reliable Water STAB.

I'd drop Torterra for something else, like Volcarona:
-Heat Wave
-Bug Buzz
-Hidden Power (Ice/Ground)/Rage Powder
-Protect
Nature: Timid/Modest
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Focus Sash

Old May 17th, 2013 (08:02 PM). Edited May 18th, 2013 by Griffinbane.
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Waaaaaaaait what of a failure is that stupid thing
Yeah, Razor Shell or Surf.

Volcarona should be running Giga Drain in my opinion. Lots of water types running around and not enough 'mon weak to ground. Cloyster -should- be enough to at least scare the dragons, if not outright kill them.

Anyhow, that's 4 Pokemon for now.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old May 18th, 2013 (08:57 AM).
koopafan29

Your hitmontop should really have this set.
Fighting Gem / Sitrus Berry
Intimidate
Adamant
Moveset
~ Fake Out
~ Close Combat / Mach Punch
~ Sucker Punch
~ Wide Guard / Detect
EVs
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links