The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 19th, 2013 (09:49 AM). Edited May 19th, 2013 by Mega Mawile.
Mega Mawile

Nature: Relaxed
Alright, since I'm just going to ignore every other challenge I've signed up for, I'm going to sign up for this one.

Username: Samurott01
Game: Ruby
Extra Rules: None

I already have somewhat of an update.

Update #1: Ruby Hard Mode.... And, Begin!
I'm playing this on my DS, so I won't be able to update very quickly.
Spoiler:
I started by naming myself Nuz (one point for originality!) and doing all the beginning stuff. On Route 101, I ended up stealing a Mudkip and I called him Muddy (two points for originality!). Somehow, I managed to skip through Route 103 without encountering a single Pokemon in the wild, but I ended up battling May and easily defeating her Treecko without its Grass attack. Then, I got Poke Balls and was able to go catch a Zigzagoon on Route 103. I don't want to say its nickname because it's embarrassing. Then, I got pretty lucky and caught a Seedot and called it Oaktree (three points for originality!). That's where I am now.

The Samurott01 Official Nuzlocke Team!
Spoiler:
Oaktree (Male) Lv. 4

Moves:
Bide
Harden

****** (Male) Lv. 2

Moves:
Tackle
Growl

Muddy (Male) Lv. 7

Moves:
Tackle
Growl
Mud-Slap

Boxed: 0

Dead: 0

Originality Points (I'll be keeping track of this to see just how original I am): 3

That's it for now, I'll be updating later! Peace!

Owned Challenges:
The Mega Evolution Challenge!
The NPC Trainer Challenge!
Old May 19th, 2013 (12:32 PM).
Halfcadence
Monocolorist

Nature: Quiet
It's been almost a year since I've done a Nuzlocke, so I decided to start one on White. I'm actually doing it on my physical cartridge, so there's that.

Only optional rule I'm running is no duplicates.

White Update #1

Badges:2

-Everything was going great, until Jacques (my Snivy) got super amazingly unlucky and died before we ever got to the first gym :(
-Wilfred took out Chili with little issue. Only needed the one Potion
-Wilfred evolved into a Herdier outside of Pinwheel Forest
-Every single member of my team excpet for Wilfred (and Margaery, but I'm not planning on actually using her) just got unlucky as heck and dropped like flies
-The Lenora fight was fine, Wilfred soloed it like a trooper. He had to have the assistance of quite a few Super Potions, however
-I caught Lenny the Sewaddle in the actual inside part of Pinwheel Forest, and before we got out he ws already Lv. 20 and evolving into a Swadloon
-Saved in Castelia City

Catch List:
Spoiler:

Legend:

Caught
Team Member
Killed
Dead/Traded Away
Gift

Nuvema Town: Jacques the Snivy, Lv.5
Route 1: Margaery the Patrat, Lv. 2
Route 2: Wilfred the Lillipup, Lv. 5
Dreamyard: Strombo the Panpour, Lv. 10
Route 3: Donner the Blitzle, Lv. 10
Wellspring Cave: Betty the Roggenrolla, Lv.13
Pinwheel Forest (Outer): Toronto the Pidove, Lv. 12
Pinwheel Forest (Inner):Lenny the Sewaddle, Lv. 14
Route 4: Orlando the Sandile, Lv. 16

R.I.P:
Spoiler:

Jacques the Snivy Lv. 5-8 - Died on Route 2 to a super unlucky -1 Def Tackle crit from Youngster Roland's Lillipup
Betty the Roggenrolla, Lv. 13 - Died on Route 3 from a Charged-up Shock Wave from School Kid Al's Blitzle
Donner the Blitzle, Lv. 10-11 - Died on Route 3 from a Confusion crit from School Kid Marsha's Woobat
Strombo the Panpour, Lv. 10-15 - Died outside Pinwheel Forest to a 4-hit Rock Blast at the hands of Preschooler Homer's Roggenrolla
Toronto the Pidove, Lv. 12-14 - Died outside Pinwheel Forest whilst trying to escape a wild Timburr's Bide. She failed twice before perishing.

The Team:

Wilfred the Sassy Herdier ♂, Lv. 22
Ability: Sand Rush
-Work Up
-Tackle
-Take Down
-Bite

Lenny the Gentle Swadloon ♂, Lv. 21 @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Chlorophyll
-Tackle
-Protect
-Bug Bite
-Razor Leaf

Orlando the Bold Sandile ♂, Lv. 16
Ability: Intimidate
-Sand Attack
-Torment
-Sand Tomb
-Assurance

HM Slaves:
Margaery the Patrat: Cut

Completed Challenges:
ULTIMATE!
ULTIMATE!
Old May 26th, 2013 (06:13 AM). Edited May 26th, 2013 by DelightedTurk.
DelightedTurk
Hipsterest Hypno in the land

Nature: Calm
Haven't really played a Pokémon game the full way through in ages so I figured what better way than a Nuzlocke?

Username: DelightedTurk
Game: Emerald (Randomized)

First update should be up soon, wish me luck guys!

EDIT: Got enough done for an update!

Update #1
-Did all starting stuff.
-Saved Professor Birch from a wild Poochyena using Ryan the Hitmontop, could have picked a Spinda or a Dugtrio.
-Caught wild Blastoise on Route 101, named Alex.
-Caught a Whismur on Route 102, named Leah.
-Caught a Machop on Route 103, named Connor.
-Helped Wally catch a Ralts.
-Failed to catch a wild Steelix on Route 104.
-Failed to catch a wild Corsola in Petalburg Woods.
-Failed to catch a wild Regirock on Route 116 (the muhf****r used explosion and almost killed Alex).
-Failed to catch a wild Porygon2 in Verdanturf tunnel.
-Beat Roxanne with ease.

-Retrieved Devon Goods from Aqua grunt.
-Leah the Whismur fainted in a battle vs. May, was locked in with Uproar, simply careless.

-Caught a Charmander in Granite Cave, named Bruce after the original Nuzlocke.
-Bruce evolved into a Charmeleon.
-Beat Brawley after abusing Ryan's Intimidate ability on Makuhita.

Heaven

I'm really upset that I lost Leah as I was really looking forward to having an Exploud on my team as I really like the design, and up to that point Whismur was by far exceeding my expectations for her and was taking out everything. Pleased with how my Gym battles turned out though.
Old May 26th, 2013 (07:05 AM). Edited May 26th, 2013 by Lord_Storm.
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

Nature: Naughty
First Update in quite some time, due to the release of Fire Emblem Awakening. I got about 6 gyms through Crystal last night and decided instead of putting it into two updates, I'll just finish the game and post it all so I can get on with my favourite game of all time, Emerald. It will mostly be in image form with a few notes.

Spoiler:

It wasn't until replaying through this game that I realised how powerful the Totodile family can be, all the way throughout the game, giving me an easy win over my rival, but it was Geodude that gave me the wins over Falkner and Bugsy.

To be honest, the game was very very easy up until around the 7th gym, when I began to have to use more strategy.

If I recall correctly, the battle with Chuck was the one and only time that Skiploom really came in handy, due to its lack of offensive moves, but succeeded here due to Sleep Powder and Leech Seed.

Here, we see the win over Pryce, which was definitely one of the more difficult matches, especially his Dewgong.

I found Clair to be so easy in this nuzlocke due to Feraligatr's Ice Punch devastating her team, with the only damage coming from being out-sped by all her Pokemon.

Ah, the Johto Elite 4. I thought it would be a challenge so I trained my team to level 50, but ended up dominating over them, only using 10 Hyper Potions throughout the 5 battles.

Looking back, I think that marks the longest time it has ever taken me to beat an elite four, mostly due to the grinding session prior to the elite four.

It was at this point that I realised I only have a Weepinbell and no Victreebel and after trying to remember how to get one for about an hour, I just gave up and kept going.

In my opinion, the three easiest gyms of the region in GSC, and these screenshots were all taken under 5 mins apart from one another.

A piece of advice to anyone who thinks they can easily beat Red with a team of level 60 Pokemon. His Snorlax is a cruel son of a gun in this game. I went in with a team of six, and came out with only two remaining. Still, a proud achievement to defeat him with no higher than level 60 Pokemon.

The Team (Worst to best):
Spoiler:
Sect/Parasect

This guy was the late entrance to my team after I lost Skiploom to Pryce. All in all, I probably regret adding him instead of another water type like Seaking or Tentacruel, but saved me on a few occasions, and not to mention that Spore was the reason I managed to defeat Red's Blastoise.
Caught in Ilex Forest at Level 6. Died against Red's Blastoise at Level 60.
RATING: 4.5/10

Falcon/Pidgeot

By no means bad, but couldn't compare to the rest of my team. I initially added it to my team in remembrance to my first ever nuzlocke, which was a successful run of Crystal where I finished with only a Pidgeot left after losing the rest to Red. Merely average stats and a below average movepool led to struggles at times.
Caught on Route 34 at Level 12. Died against Red's Blastoise at Level 60.
RATING: 6/10

Scrap/Sandslash

A fantastic member of the team. Started off very slowly, which is the only reason it falls below the top 3 of my team. The moment it got Earthquake was the moment it became a major force in my team. It could probably have even made the top three had I used it successfully against Red.
Caught in Union Cave at Level 6. Survived at Level 60.
RATING: 7/10

Roxy/Graveler

Probably pulled me out of the most sticky situations, took at least 30 Selfdestructs to her face without death and yet only made it into third? Roxy was my go-to girl for pretty much anything lacking a powerful special move and sat first in my party for any storyline that involved Team Rocket. I major force still when I went to Kanto, but generally struggled to really shine when Sandslash established its position on my team.
Caught on Route 33 at Level 6. Died against Red's Charizard at Level 60.
RATING: 9/10

Esmerelda/Weepinbell

You're probably wondering why two mid-stage evolutions have made 2nd and 3rd in my team. Weepinbell made it because she was my alternative to Roxy when in times of need. They worked as a duo and if Graveler couldn't stop something, Weepinbell could. Weepinbell only just outdid Graveler when she did so much more to stop Red than Graveler.
Caught on Route 31 at Level 3. Died against Red's Snorlax at Level 60.
RATING: 9.1/10

Delta/Feraligatr

Yep, you all guessed it. Feraligatr clearly takes the top prize. While not taking out as many opponents as Graveler or Weepinbell, she was there the moment something began to go wrong. Easily makes my top three Pokemon ever used in a Nuzlocke, most likely taking 2nd place, just ahead of Uzuz the Golbat in my failed FireRed nuzlocke about a year ago, but nothing compared to Charizard in my completed FireRed nuzlocke recently.
Received at New Bark Town at level 5. Survived at level 60.
RATING: 9.2/10

EDIT: Completely forgot about the boxed and Deceased lists:

Boxed:
Spoiler:
Seaqueen/Goldeen Lv16-20 Route 42
Fang II/Rattata Lv2-18 Route 46
Flora/Sunkern Lv14-14 National Park
Brick/Geodude Lv14-14 Mt. Mortar
Ratta/Rattata Lv16-16 Route 38
Dian/Ledyba Lv13-13 Route 37
Tara/Raticate Lv16-16 Route 39
Tentro/Tentacool Lv16-16 Route 40
T-Cool/Tentacool Lv20-20 Cianwood City
Raza/Raticate Lv16-16 Route 43
Vee/Eevee Lv20-20 Goldenrod City
Frost/Swinub Lv23-23 Ice Path
Glider/Gligar Lv24-24 Route 45
Uzuz/Zubat Lv22-22 Tohjo Falls
Dodi/Doduo Lv28-28 Route 26
Batka/Golbat Lv34-34 Victory Road
Rudy/Rattata Lv13-13 Route 6
Grim/Grimer Lv31-31 Route 17
Doug/Diglett Lv6-6 Diglett's Cave

Deceased (Not including died against Red):
Spoiler:
Chip/Rattata Lv3-6 Sprout Tower
Toki/Togepi Lv5-9 Violet City (Metronome-Explosion incident)
Plume/Skiploom Lv6-26 Route 32 (A valuable member of my team, eventually replaced by Parasect)

Expect the Emerald nuzlocke to come a lot sooner than this update did.
Old May 27th, 2013 (11:08 AM).
DelightedTurk

Update #2
-Found Steven in Granite Cave and delivered the Letter from Mr. Stone (without Flash it’s not very fun).
-Caught a female Dugtrio on Route 110, named her Dee (private joke, HEAD x3), great catch for next Gym.
-Defeated Team Aqua and met Archie for the first time.
-Found a wild Hitmontop on Route 117, but didn’t catch due to the Duplicate clause.
-Caught a female Nicada on Route 117, named her Julie.
-Defeated Wattson, but lost Dee on the way, damn her brittle defences.

-Failed to catch a wild Octillery on Route 112.
-Caught a female Milotic in Fiery Path, named her Sheala (after PokeCinema’s Milotic), boxed for now because I don’t need 2 Water types.
-Caught a female Slaking on Route 113, named her Slaqueen, going to box her because of the ability.
-Failed to catch a wild Castform on Route 114.
-Caught a female Makuhita in Meteor Falls, named her Liz, boxed as it would be my 3rd fighting type.
-Beat Maxie atop of Mt. Chimney.

-Caught a female Ledian in Jagged Pass, named her Marge, contemplating boxing her but unsure.
-Defeated Flannery but oh my her Torkoal was a pain with Attract.

-Received a mysterious egg from an old woman in Lavaridge town (using it as my Pokémon for this area).
-Connor evolved into a Machoke in a battle vs. a Gym Trainer.

-Caught a male Grumpig in Mirage Tower, named him Shane, going straight into the team.
-Caught a male Ponyta on Route 111, in the desert, named him James, being boxed.
-A Wynaut hatched from the Mystery Egg! Named him Paul, boxed immediately due to Grumpig.

-Beat Norman but lost Ryan and Connor along the way, his Slaking lived with 1HP from a Low Kick from Connor. Very saddening.

-Withdrew Liz the Makuhita from the box, she has big shoes to fill replacing both Connor and Ryan, Ryan's importance to the team was being overshadowed by Connor's strength but they'll both be missed sorely.

The Team

Heaven

I'm really upset that I another three Pokémon; Dee, Ryan and Connor were all great assets to the team. I'm especially down about Connor because he had become the battering ram of the team and could take out anyone. I showed too much faith in him though and didn't heal. Stupid mistakes caused 2/3 of these deaths.
Old May 27th, 2013 (05:28 PM).
DeiWildcat

Username: DeiWildcat
Game: Pokemon Platinum

Rules:

Spoiler:
1. If a Pokemon faints, it's considered Dead and has to be released.

2. I will only be able to catch the first Pokemon I see in the route, cave, ect. I'm in, unless the Pokemon triggers Dups Clause. In my playthrough, Dups Clause can only be triggered 5 times. After the fifith time, I can not catch a Pokemon on that Route.

3. All Pokemon must be nicknamed.

4. Once all six spots are filled in my team, I can not switch them out with any Pokemon in my PC, unless one of my team members has fainted.

5. I must defeat any legendaries I come across.

6. I'm only allowed to use 3 healing items at a time per Gym Leader/Elite Four/Champion/Rival/Team Galactic Admin and Leader battle.

7. My Starter will be seleted based on the last digit in my ID number. If the number is 1,2,3, I must choose Turtwig; for 4,5,6, I must choose Chimchar; and for 7,8,9 I must choose Piplup.

-Day 1-

Spoiler:
Character Name: Saya

Rival Name: Roy

Last digit in ID number: 1

Received starter Turtwig nicknamed Birch. Brave nature.
Birch lvl5

Fought with Roy and won.
Birch lvl6

Received Potion on route 201.

Entered Sandgem Town.

Went ahead and bought 3 pokeballs in Sandgem. Found Antidote on route below Sandgem (can't remember which one it is at the moment). Received Pokedex and TM27 by Prof. Rowen.

First encounter at route 201 is a lvl3 male Starly . Caught Starly and nicknamed him Hawkeye. Adamant nature.
Hawkeye lvl3

First encounter at Lake Verity is lvl2 a female Bidoof (Dup triggered 2x). Caught Bidoof and nicknamed her Donut. Gentle nature.
Donut lvl2

Found Tinymushroom at Verity Lakefront.

First encounter at route 202 is a lvl4 female Shinx (Dup triggered 1x). Caught Shinx and nicknamed her Chii. Hardy nature.
Chii lvl4

End of Day 1.

-Day 1 Stats-

Spoiler:

Birch lvl 7
Tackle
Withdraw
--
--

Nature: Brave

Ability: Overgrow

Hawkeye lvl 3
Tackle
Growl
--
--

Nature: Adamant

Ability: Keen Eye

Donut lvl 2
Tackle
--
--
--

Nature: Gentle

Ability: Unaware

Chii lvl 4
Tackle
--
--
--

Nature: Hardy

Ability: Rivalry

-Journal-

Spoiler:
Man I got pretty lucky with some of these natures. They're all pretty good, especially Birch. I mean, what's a better nature than Brave for the Turtwig line? Only thing I'm too happy about is Chii's ability. I would have preferred Intimidate over Rivalry, but what can ya do?

Anyway, I'm really liking how my team is turning out so far. I was really happy that I got a Turtwig as my starter, because I've never used it in a play through before. I think Birch is gonna play a big part on my team seeing that nothing scares him. I really hope that doesn't get him into any trouble! Also, it'll be interesting to use a Bidoof. It may not be the most amazing Pokemon, but I'm glad to have my sweet(get it lol), gentle Donut on my team :3 Oh! As for the reason why I named her Donut, is because I had just eaten one and she reminded me of it lol. As for little Hawkeye, I'm sure he'll take charge and hold the rest of the team together. And Chii, I'm not too sure about. I just caught her so I haven't had a chance to see any of her personality and abilities.

Well, that's all I have to say for now. Man! I can't wait to get further into this journey! I really home you guys come along and stick with me on my Adventures

Saya~
Old May 27th, 2013 (09:01 PM).
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

Update #1 for my Emerald Nuzlocke and so far, it has been highly successful (and so it should be with how many times I've played through the game).
Spoiler:
I started off with a massive mess up in that I got to Rustboro and then realised I had just knocked out everything with Mudkip without noticing, so I started again and used my ID's last number and got Infernus the Torchic. I was so happy with this because Blaziken is my favourite Pokemon, so all I had to do now was prevent it from dying. I did all the starting stuff, gave Torchic a bit of training and went for the battle with May.

As you can see, I took minimal damage and continued on to grab my first Pokemon on Route 103 as I hadn't been attacked there. Unfortunately, I got a critical on the Wingull, so I headed to Route 102 for my second team mate. There I met Lola the Lotad. Now, I was pretty happy with this because I've never played through Sapphire and had Ruby when I was young, so I naturally used Seedot. I continued on, picking up a few more teammates, Pelly the Wingull on Route 104, Bugs the Wurmple in Petalburg Woods, Weepy the Poochyena on Route 116 and Rusty the Whismur in Rusturf Tunnel. I trained for a little while, but got bored, so decided that I could beat the gym with all level 12's.

I completely forgot that Nosepass is only 2x weak to Grass, and that it has Block and Rock Tomb does almost 50% damage to Lotad. Fortunately, repeatedly using Absorb kept me at good health and allowed me to win with relative ease. I took out Team Aqua and then went to face May, who dealt absolutely no damage to me with Wingull taking out Torkoal and Lombre owning Mudkip.

I headed to Dewford, and grabbed my newest team member, Kimi the Makuhita, who shortly replaced my Poochyena. I then grabbed something very very special from the cave which will be at the end of this update. I trained for a bit, met Steven and went to crush Brawly.

Now I'm not a big lover of Wingull and Pelipper, but this battle really showed me why I should at least consider them in the future. Brawly had nothing on Pelly and I came out with one of the easiest battles I've ever partaken in. I headed to Slateport, took out Team Aqua (again) and then went up north to face May, but not only after I caught Trixy the Electrike to sit in my PC.

I've eaten tougher slices of cake in my life, and that's really saying something. I headed up to Mauville, feeling ready to end my progress here, but took on Wally first and obviously, it was an easy win.

My Team so far:
Spoiler:

What I forgot to post for my Crystal update, and the thing I caught earlier.

I'll post my next update over the next few days.
Old May 28th, 2013 (04:24 PM).
DelightedTurk

Update #3
-Caught a male Doduo in New Mauville, named him Edd (Double D from Ed, Edd n’ Eddy, amirite?). Straight into the team, needed a flying type so a good catch (FOUND A STUPID IDIOT ARTICUNO RIGHT AFTER ALL MY AGHHHH).
-Liz evolved into a Hariyama, let the destruction commence!

-Edd evolved into Dodrio!

-Caught a male Loudred on Route 118, named Liam. Going to box him after what happened to Leah, just doesn’t feel right.
-Failed to catch a male Aggron on Route 119, I was getting all excited till it used Roar grrr.
-HOLY CRAP THAT WAS CLOSE! I hate Selfdestruct.

-Received a Castform as a reward for driving away Team Aqua from the weather institute, named CrowdHouse (song here). BOXED.
-Failed to catch a stupid Rayquaza on Route 120, wasted like 30 Pokéballs and just gave up.
-Caught a male Delibird on Route 121, named him Santa and he’s gonna be BOXED.
-Bruce evolved into Charizard! Finally!

-Beat Winona, Bruce survived an Aerial Ace from her Altaria (with 3 Dragon Dance’s) with 6 HP!

The Team

Heaven

Just a quick little update, took me a good while to grind idk was lacking a little motivation but made sure that I finished at least one Gym so I could update. Happy nobody died but disappointed about missing out on Aggron and Rayquaza, would love to have them both on the team at the expense of Edd my Dodrio.
Old May 29th, 2013 (10:34 AM).
DelightedTurk

Update #4
-Failed to catch a wild Natu on the sea of Lilycove, it teleported away.
-Caught a female Combusken on Route 122, named her Colonel and boxed, at least for now, already have a Fire type and a Fighting type.
-Failed to catch a wild Barboach in Mt. Pyre.
-Scaled Mt. Pyre but couldn’t stop Archie.
-Caught a male Ralts in the Magma Hideout, named him Wally, boxed because of Grumpig’s awesomeness.
-Thought I was overlevelled before Maxie but I was par with him.

-Found a Master Ball in Team Aqua’s base but Archie got away.
-Found a Ponyta on Route 124 but due to the Duplicate clause I’ll catch something else.
-Failed to catch a Chansey on Route 124, broke out of 4 Pokéballs, 11 Great Balls and 12 Ultra Balls.
-Caught a Groudon, yes a GROUDON, on Route 125! YES! Named it Helius after the Greek God of the Sun, only level 28 though and won’t be much use against Tate&Liza because of Drought and again against Juan. Boxed for now.
-Found a wild Nincada in Shoal cave, but due to the Duplicate clause I’ll catch something else.
-Caught a female Goldeen in Shoal cave, named her A$AP (well ASAP because there was no $). BOXED.
-Caught a male Arcanine on Route 127, named him Paul, due to it being level 8 and the fact that I’ll be using one on my “Ones that got away” challenge it shall be boxed.
-Caught a male Chikorita on Route 126, named him Dave.
-Caught a male Dragonite on Route 129, name him Shenron, going straight into the team replacing Edd the Dodrio.
-Caught a male Numel on Route 130, named him Fire King after my Camerupt from my first ever Ruby save. Boxed.
-Caught a Huntail on Route 131, named him Tooth. Boxed.
-Failed to catch a wild Golem on Route 132, had it down to red with Shenron and BAM self-destruct, so glad Shenron didn’t die.
-Caught a female Shuckle on Route 133, named Tina. BOXED.
-Failed to catch a wild Rhydon on Route 134.
-Caught a Beldum on Route 108, named it Psycho. Considering using it.
-Failed to catch a Koffing on the Abandoned Ship.
-Caught a female Aipom on Route 107, named her Julie. BOXED.
-Took on Tate&Liza feeling very nervous. Alex, Crowdhouse and Shenron died. I misjudged how fast a Xatu would be and Alex went down to a Psychic. I thought Crowdhouse could take a Psychic, unfortunately not. Shenron died to a ****ing crit I can’t describe how angry I am. To be honest I’ve never been so relieved after a battle, I was sure this would be the end for us. I have a Milotic to replace my Blastoise, I’ll use Chikorita/Beldum to replace Castform but I don’t know who I should replace Dragonite with. I’m not sure about Groudon because it wouldn’t be much of a challenge with a legendary.

The Team

Heaven

Heartbreak. That's what I feel right now. Don't even want to say how annoyed I am. I knew it would happen too. Lost my two best Pokémon for the next Gym as well. So sad. Going to need to do a LOT of grinding, hopefully will get another update done tonight but no promises.
Old May 30th, 2013 (12:11 AM).
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

I decided to type as I went along for this update, but put it all in bullet points so it isn't just big chunks of text with a few pictures.
Spoiler:
-Spent a few hours doing the slots at the Game Corner to get TM35-Flamethrower
-Caught Weedy the Oddish on Route 117 and did a lot of grinding, to get my team to level 25 and evolving Pelly, Rusty and Kimi into Pelipper, Loudred and Hariyama respectively.
-Crushed the gym easily with Combusken and Hariyama

-Went and got the Strength HM as well as some Blackglasses incase I need them in the future.
-Headed north out of Mauville, grabbing Magma the Numel on Route 112 and Lavana the Slugma in Fiery Path, followed by Spinster the Spinda on Route 113 when I got there.
-At this point, I accidentally replaced Rusty's Pound with Supersonic, meaning I'm stuck with Uproar as its main attacking move, which is incredibly dangerous in a nuzlocke.
-Said hello to Lanette and got a nice Lotad doll and grabbed my new Pokemon from the route, being Puff the Swablu.
-Battled through the mess of trainers and headed over to Meteor Falls, where I met Eva the Zubat, the newest addition to the stockpile of Pokemon in my PC.
-Then came the saddening part. I went up against trainer on Route 115, and stupidly used Lombre, who took one look at the Seviper before it was OHKOd by Poison Tail.
-I refused to give up, and decided that it was time to add a new member to the team. Weedy the super cool Oddish. Not to mention that I finally have a team member other than Combusken that can learn Cut at last.
-I went and grabbed the Miracle Seed that I had skipped before as well as taking out the rest of the trainers on Route 116 before heading back through Rusturf Tunnel.
-I headed to the top of Mt. Chimney and took on Team Magma, and me and Maxie had a bit of a falling out because I taunted him with a weak little Oddish before sending out Hariyama.

-I headed down to Jagged Pass and my first encounter was a Spoink, which made me happy, but while I was weakening it, it killed my Oddish. My second loss now. Fortunately, I caught the Spoink and named it Duncan, because it suits it too well, and then added it to my team.
-I walked back to Fallarbor, getting Spoink some training on the way, and traded the Meteorite for Return to give to Combusken to go along with the Soothe Bell.
-Bored of grinding, I decided to battle the gym with a team of level 28s and a level 29 Pelipper.
-I got to Flannery with Pelipper having levelled up once, but with its best water move being Water Gun, I was worried. One hitting all the Pokemon excluding Torkoal, who was really up for the fight, forcing me to confuse it before taking Paralysis, but a lucky critical Water Gun saved me and won the battle.

I decided to end there today because I was meant to start dinner almost half an hour ago.

The Team:
Spoiler:

I decided to only post my Boxed Pokemon and Deceased ones when I finish my runs.
Old May 30th, 2013 (06:16 AM).
DelightedTurk

Update #5
Spoiler:
-Dave evolved into a Bayleaf and then into a Meganium (4 levels and 2 evolutions lol).

-Psycho evolved into a Metang.

-I only just realised how ugly the Milotic backsprite is. Ew.

-Beat Maxie and Tabitha with the aid of Steven.

-Beat Archie before Kyogre awakened and disappeared.
-Arrived in Sootopolis in time to see Groudon and Kyogre locked in battle.

-Met Steven and Wallace and decided to go to Spear Pillar to find Rayquaza.
-Awakened Rayquaza and flew back to Sootopolis.
-Rayquaza separated Groundon from Kyogre, all three immediately left.

-Beat Juan, his Kingdra was quite the pain constantly using Double Team and Rest . Crap screenshot too my bad.

-Couldn’t escape from a wild Kyogre in Victory Road and lost Shane.

-Grinded Groudon to level 52 because I don’t want to use him in Victory Road.
-Challenged by Wally, beat him easily.

-Grinded before challenging the league. Psycho evolved into a Metagross. Going to destroy wow.

-Beat Sidney with ease.

-Beat Phoebe easily as well.

-Beat Glacia with somewhat more of a challenge. Liz survived a Blizzard with 12/231HP! Thank god. Crap screenshot I know.

-Sheala destroyed Drake, with a little help from Dave to take out Kingdra.

-Beat Wallace without breaking a sweat.

-Entered the Hall of Fame as Hoenn Champion.

The Team
Spoiler:

Heaven

Spoiler:

Finally done, it was tough and I'm glad it's over. The Elite Four wasn't as tough as I was expecting and Wallace certainly wasn't as tough as Steven in R/S. I may do another nuzlocke in the future as I really enjoy them, however I'm gonna take a break from them for a while as they're quite stressful haha.
Old May 30th, 2013 (09:28 AM).
KeyDrop

Username: KeyDrop
Game: Ruby

Doing the mono water run made me want to continue the ruby nuzlocke I started long time a go, so I'm going to continue from where I left it.

Optional rules:
-I must nickname all of my pokémon.
I considered as the first encounter for route 101 and 103 the first one after getting the pokéballs.

I left the game in Dewford town before fighting the second gym.
Those are my pokémon so far:
Spoiler:

Starter - Torchik lv.5

Drop the Combusken lv.17
Quirky nature - Male
Ability: Blaze
-Ember
-Double kick
-Peck
-Scratch

Route 101 - Wurmple lv.3

Rico the Beautyfly lv.13
Jolly nature - Male
Ability: Swarm
-Gust
-Absorb
-Poison sting
-Tackle

Route 102 - Seedot lv.?
Sadly Drop got a crit. with scratch and defeated it.

Route 103 - Poochyena lv.2

Nana the Poochyena lv.15
Jolly nature - Female
Ability: Run away
-Bite
-Tackle
-Howl
-Sand attack

Route 104 -Wurmple lv.5

Baco the Dustox lv.15
Timid nature - Male
Ability: Shield dust
-Confusion
-Poison sting
-Gust
-Harden

Petalburg Woods - Shroomish lv.5

Tartufo the Shroomish lv.17
Brave nature - Male
Ability: Effect spore
-Absorb
-Mega drain
-Stun powder
-Leech seed

Route 116 - Zigzagoon lv.6

Suzie the Zigzagoon lv.15
Serious nature - Female
Ability: Pickup
-Headbutt
-Tackle
-Cut
-Sand attack

Rusturf tunnel - Whismur lv.6

Whis.DJ the Whismur lv.15
Calm nature - Male
Ability: Soundproof
-Pound
-Uproar
-Astonish
-Howl

Granite cave - Zubat lv.7

Pee the Zubat lv.7
Timid nature - male
Ability: Inner focus
-Leech life
-Supersonic
-
-

Now I have to box 2 of them but it's really hard to decide.

Badges: 1
Deaths: 0
Old May 31st, 2013 (11:22 PM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I updated the opening post again, let me know if anything isn't there.

Nice shinnies also @leaf storm
Old June 1st, 2013 (03:00 AM).
edwardo999

Nature: Lonely
Username: edwardo999
Game: Silver/Crystal (Gonna do two at the same time)
Optional rules:
Nickname all Pokemon. (Both)
No healing outside the use of Pokémon Centres and moves such as Softboiled. (Both)
No using held items. (Both)
Battle Style is changed to SET (Crystal only)
Old June 1st, 2013 (07:39 AM).
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

@vaporeon7 I've actually completed both FireRed and Crystal nuzlocke runs and am currently working on my Emerald one.

Emerald Nuzlocke Update:
Spoiler:

The Update
Spoiler:
-Started out by going to grab my new Pokemon from the desert on Route 111 and grabbed Scrap II the Sandshrew for possible later use.
-Loudred finally got Stomp, which means I no longer have to rely on Uproar as a base STAB move.
-Spent quite some more time grinding because I know how painful Norman can be if you're unprepared for him. While I wasn't very happy with them only being level 30-32, I had trained Infernus to level 36 to get a Blaziken, as well as Hariyama.
-I had expected to have more trouble, walking through all the trainers in the gym with Fake Out/Vital Throw and took on Norman by opening with Blaziken and using six Bulk Ups, allowing me to one hit everything with one round of Double Kick.

-Got given Surf, which will add a lot of power to Pelipper at last, and then went to grab a nice Amulet Coin from Mum.
-Headed over to Mauville, and went to get Thunderbolt for Wattson, and caughted Shocky the Voltorb on the way. Turns out nothing on my team can learn it though.
-Surfed over to visit Steven and finally found Lionel the Zigzagoon, who will be Loudred's replacement if he ever dies.
-Took the long trek up the route and I really can't wait until Loudred evolves, due to it really feeling weak at this point.
-Arrived to slaughter some Aqua thugs, who were pathetic, all to be crushed at the hands of Hariyama and Pelipper.

-For wrecking these fools, I was given Mirage the Castform as a present and continued on my way to fight off my rival.
-May thought she actually stood a chance, but I took virtually no damage with her Pokemon falling at high speed.

-After a lot more grinding, I finally evolved Rusty into an Exploud, ready to face the gym.
-The gym was very easy thanks to Duncan having Shock Wave, but when I got to Winona, she went down easily other than that pesky Altaria. Fortunately, a 2x Howl boost allowed the newly evolved Rusty to one hit Altaria.

-Headed south onto Route 120 and then to Route 121 and grabbed Puppet the Shuppet and continued on towards Lilycove City, where I took on May for the last time.

-Headed up onto Mt. Pyre and took out Team Aqua before knocking out a wild Shuppet.
-Went south to Route 123 when I was done at Mt. Pyre and failed to catch a level 26 Oddish and then headed west to get some extra exp.
-I then headed over to Mt. Chimney and my Magma Emblem responded, opening up the Magma Hideout for me to grab a new Pokemon. It was a Graveler, and I was pretty happy. Until it used Selfdestruct and almost killed Infernus.
-I healed up and continued through the hideout, battling my way past hoardes of thugs, until I got the PP Max, which I swiftly used on Blaziken's Flamethrower before continuing on.
-I got into the volcano room, and watched Groudon jump into the sky before challenging Maxie to our second battle. He really doesn't get much stronger over time.

-After Maxie's loss to me, I decided that I'd give Team Aqua some punishment too, seeing as they stole Captain Stern's sub, so I headed to Lilycove and sailed out to their little hideout and began the fight.
-I headed into Archie's room, and it turned out he had already left, so I stole his stuff and caught Thunder the Electrode, then went off to find him.
-I made it to the room with the sub, but it was already underwater! So taking out Archie would have to wait, but for now I'd just have to punish Matt.

-The sub left the base, so I decided to follow it to the east, towards Mossdeep City.
-I got to Mossdeep, grabbed a few things from around town, chatted with Steven about Team Magma's plans to steal the rocket fuel and decided to head over to the gym, where Pelly, Bugs and Rusty would be the main members of my team for the gym.
-I got through the gym pretty easy, but the gym leaders were a whole different matter. I knew Surf would be needed here, but I hadn't realised how much until the battle started.
-I came out with a bang, using Surf with Pelly and Stomp with Rusty, knocking out Xatu and putting Claydol on red HP. Then came Lunatone, and I continued with Pelipper Surfing and Rusty healing or using Stomp when possible. I then realised that with both Pokemon on lowered HP, I had to switch or lose one, so I sent out Beautifly in the place of Exploud, and managed to take out Lunatone with critical Surf, just leaving Solrock and Claydol. Fotunately, Flamethrower didn't one hit Beautifly, allowing me to finish them both off with Surf.

The Team:
Spoiler:

I also had yet another stroke of luck and found this little guy:
Old June 2nd, 2013 (09:48 AM).
Wilhelm
Hail the Almighty Robot Policeman

Okay, so I'm not gonna bother with my usual update style for this, because everything kinda went to crap very quickly. I was doing fine until I fought Roark. He scored 3 crits on me and killed both the Pokemon I had actually been raising (Turtwig and Staravia). I wound up just barely managing to beat him with my second lvl 7 Geodude (the other one also died). So now I'm left with very little to work with.

Starter: Turtwig (dead)
Route 201: Starly (dead)
Route 202: Missed
Route 203: Starly (boxed)
Route 204: Missed
Ravaged Path: Zubat (boxed)
Oreburgh Gate: Geodude (dead)
Oreburgh Mine: Geodude
Old June 2nd, 2013 (09:37 PM).
Goldenhand
Hatched Egg

Username: Goldenhand
Game: Platinum

Optional Rules:
  • Must nickname all pokemon.
  • No duplicates.
  • My starter will be based on the last digit of my Trainer ID - 1-3 for fire; 4-6 for water; 7-9 for grass; and 0 is my choice.
  • Can only heal at a Pokemon Center twice per town.
  • No held items.
  • At each new town, I can only buy 3 potions(whichever type I've unlocked up to that point.) and 3 full heals. Any items I find can be used (aside from held items, of course). I can buy as many and whatever kind of pokeballs as I wish.
  • I must hunt down and kill all legendaries(no catching or using).(The legendaries include: Girantina, Dialga, Palkia, Azelf, Uxie, and Heatran. None of the roaming legendaries are included.)
Old June 3rd, 2013 (12:12 PM).
edwardo999

Nature: Lonely
I'm taking out the Nickname rule. Too much effort when I'm doing more than 1 challenge.

Pokémon Silver Update:
Spoiler:
- Chose Cyndaquil as my starter.
- Found Pokémon in Routes 29 + 30 before I obtained Pokéballs, so no catches for me there.
- Trained to lvl 8 before Rival.
- Beat Rival, called him ???.
- Caught lvl 4 Bellsprout in Route 31.
- Failed to catch anything in Sprout Tower. (Another Bellsprout)
- Trained. Cyndaquil lvl 14 and evolved into Quilava. Bellsprout lvl 13.
- Failed to catch anything in Route 32. (It was ANOTHER Bellsprout)
- Failed to catch anything in Union Cave. (Zubat, but I was too strong....)
- Caught a level 6 Hoppip in Route 33.
- Boxed Hoppip since he CANNOT FIGHT. (Splash, Synthesis, Tail Whip. )
- Defeated Team Rocket at Slowpoke Well.
- Defeated Bugsy with a team of a level 20 Quilava, and a level 19 Bellsprout.
- Defeated ??? with ease.
- Caught a level 5 Zubat in Ilex Forest. Taught him the Swift TM just so he could train himself.
- Failed to catch anything in Route 34 (It was a Ditto. I didn't want it)
- Egg hatched into Togepi. Released it.
- Zubat died while training him. (R.I.P. Zubat. 5-10)
- Trained Bellsprout and Quilava to level 21 (Bellsprout evolved into Weepinbell)
- Whitney defeated both my Pokémon. STUPID ROLLOUT. (R.I.P. Quilava. 5-21) (R.I.P. Bellsprout. 4-21)
- Hoppip unboxed. Only Pokémon I have. Tought him the Headbutt TM. Time to train.... *gulp*
- Hoppip got poisoned on low health while training him up. Thank goodness I picked up an Antidote earlier.
- Went and bought 10 Antidotes so I didn't have to worry about poison.
- Successfully trained Hoppip to level 21, and evolved him into Skiploom.
- Went past Goldenrod, defeated some trainers, and caught a level 12 NidoranF in Route 35.
- Caught a level 12 Hoothoot at National Park.
- Hoothoot died to the man's Raichu in National Park. (R.I.P. Hoothoot. 12-17)
- Trained my remaining 2 Pokémon. Nidorina level 25, Skiploom level 23
Old June 5th, 2013 (09:35 AM). Edited June 6th, 2013 by Matzeho1996.
Matzeho1996

Nam: Matze
Games: Firered, Soulsilver, Emerald, Platinum, White, White 2, Bloody Platinum, Volt White
This will be a very very long story
I will definitly cry and I hope I won't give up

Optional Rules:
Starter is based on the last ID number: 1,4,7 grass;2,5,8 fire;3,6,9 water;0 i choose
No legendaries
No duplicates (when i see the first wild poke and it is a copy i have bad luck)

Will upload about 6 pictures every day

Spoiler:

Named myself Matze and the rival Gary

Last number is 8 so Charmander will be my starter

Defeated Gary easily and caught my first Pokemon: Rattata

Hoping for a mankey, but i got a spearow

My next Poke: Weedle (man i'm so unlucky)

In the Viridian forest I had to kill the first poke, because it was again a weedle
Trained my team a bit

Team ranking:
1. Charmander
2. Rattata
3. Spearow
4. Weedle

All pictures: http://imgur.com/a/GSTMG

There is a R/S Remake? Finally, but I don't wanna get spoiled about new things :D
Old June 5th, 2013 (01:50 PM).
Mega Mawile

Nature: Relaxed
Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that I lost. Yeah, Brawly just completely wiped me out. So, yeah. Take me off, please! I may sign up for more Nuzlockes in the future, but I'm done for now. Bye!

Owned Challenges:
The Mega Evolution Challenge!
The NPC Trainer Challenge!
Old June 5th, 2013 (02:30 PM).
Halfcadence
Monocolorist

Nature: Quiet
White Update #2

Badges: 5

-Burgh was no issue
-Even though we lost a couple team members, we got some great ones as well that hopefully will stick around for a while
-Everything went relatively fine up to and including the Nimbasa gym
-Threw my Eviolite on Melisandre and taught her Dig, after which she proceeded to single-handedly take down the gym (with the help of some Lemonades, but I digress), including Elena, gaining four levels in the process.
-Did our first trade in Driftveil, saying goodbye to Jerry and help to Blueeye :D
-Did Cold Storage, then Blueeye proceeded to utterly demolish Clays entire Gym

Catch List:
Spoiler:

Legend:

Caught
Team Member
Killed
Dead/Traded Away
Gift
Involved in Trade

Nuvema Town: Jacques the Snivy, Lv.5
Route 1: Margaery the Patrat, Lv. 2
Route 2: Wilfred the Lillipup, Lv. 5
Dreamyard: Strombo the Panpour, Lv. 10
Route 3: Donner the Blitzle, Lv. 10
Wellspring Cave: Betty the Roggenrolla, Lv.13
Pinwheel Forest (Outer): Toronto the Pidove, Lv. 12
Pinwheel Forest (Inner): Lenny the Sewaddle, Lv. 14
Route 4: Orlando the Sandile, Lv. 16
Driftveil City: Blueeye the Basculin, Lv. 25
Route 6: Carrie the Karrablast, Lv. 22
Cold Storage: Timburr, Lv. 22

R.I.P:
Spoiler:

Jacques the Snivy Lv. 5-8 - Died on Route 2 to a super unlucky -1 Def Tackle crit from Youngster Roland's Lillipup
Betty the Roggenrolla, Lv. 13 - Died on Route 3 from a Charged-up Shock Wave from School Kid Al's Blitzle
Donner the Blitzle, Lv. 10-11 - Died on Route 3 from a Confusion crit from School Kid Marsha's Woobat
Strombo the Panpour, Lv. 10-15 - Died outside Pinwheel Forest to a 4-hit Rock Blast at the hands of Preschooler Homer's Roggenrolla
Toronto the Pidove, Lv. 12-14 - Died outside Pinwheel Forest whilst trying to escape a wild Timburr's Bide. She failed twice before perishing.

The Team:

Wilfred the Sassy Herdier ♂, Lv. 30 @ Exp. Share
Ability: Sand Rush
-Work Up
-Return
-Take Down
-Crunch

Melisandre the Careful Darumaka ♀, Lv. 30
Ability: Hustle
-Fire Punch
-Work Up
-Facade
-Dig

Blueeye the Adamant Basculin ♂, Lv. 33 @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
-Aqua Jet
-Aqua Tail
-Take Down
-Crunch

HM Slaves:
Margaery the Patrat: Cut

Completed Challenges:
ULTIMATE!
ULTIMATE!
Old June 6th, 2013 (06:56 AM). Edited June 6th, 2013 by Matzeho1996.
Matzeho1996

Part 2:
Spoiler:

While training in Viridian Forrest

After defeating Gary I had to train my Pokes for Brock
So Kakuna evolved again

I was very lucky, because I got 2 attack boosts in the battle and Rock Tomb missed twice

But then I was very unlucky: Beedrill missed 2 Fury Attacks and got critted by a Quick Attack

I don't know how rare a Nidoran is, but I got one (really) as my first poke on that route

So I trained Nidoran a bit and this is my team before I enter Mt. Moon

Team Ranking:
1. Charmander
2. Nidoran m
3. Rattata
4. Spearow

Dead: Beedrill Lv4-10

All pictures: http://imgur.com/a/GSTMG

There is a R/S Remake? Finally, but I don't wanna get spoiled about new things :D
Old June 6th, 2013 (07:30 AM).
jespoke
Challenge Forum Stalker

@Matzeho1996 I like your choice of emulator, but could you look into scaling down the size of your screenshots? They are enormous!
Bug: X - 2/8

On hold: Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Water: White 2 - 2/8

Old June 6th, 2013 (07:37 AM).
Matzeho1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by jespoke View Post
@Matzeho1996 I like your choice of emulator, but could you look into scaling down the size of your screenshots? They are enormous!
Thanks for the feedback
I will try it the next time
but because i knew that they will be that big i put them into a spoiler
Old June 6th, 2013 (07:41 PM).
GameMaster0015

Nature: Docile
Name: GameMaster0015
Game: Pokémon Shiny Gold X (Hack of Fire Red)

Also I will be using every single rule listed :D
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links