The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

View Poll Results: Skull fossil or Armor fossil
Skull fossil (Cranidos) 13 92.86%
Armor fossil (Shieldon) 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 19th, 2013 (02:07 AM).
FIKRI 29
Pokemon tamer

Nature: Bold
Which the best Skull fossil (Cranidos) or Armor fossil (Shieldon) ?
i make "Vote" on this thread.
Don't forget to vote and your opinion
Old May 19th, 2013 (02:24 AM). Edited May 19th, 2013 by Aslan.
Aslan
the pretender

I chose the Skull Fossil for a few reasons- one being that I've never actually worked with Shieldon so I have no idea of its capabilities. Cranidos however was fun to play around with, at first I thought it would be like any other rock Pokemon that I've tried using in-game-rather sloe and lots of weaknesses, along with a limited movepool. Cranidos was a hard-hitter and it's ability was certainly useful at times. Overall I also liked its design much better- it appeared to be a small dinosaur with a toothy grin. Rampardos was also amazing as well!

I've seen Bastiodon before in a battle and I have to say I don't really like it. The design isn't my taste and I also don't really like working with defensive and slow Pokemon. The 4x weaknesses were also a little inconvenient. Other than that, I prefer the Skull Fossil over the Armor Fossil. :>
Old May 19th, 2013 (02:30 AM).
Hikamaru
osha osha
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I also picked the Skull Fossil a lot as well, probably because I'm more of an offensive player than a defensive player, which Cranidos certainly leans towards. It hits so hard as a Rampardos and I was never keen on Shieldon and Bastiodon having two 4x weaknesses.
Old May 19th, 2013 (02:51 AM).
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

I picked Shield fossil the first time on Platinum, as on Diamond you could only get the skull fossil. Tbh the only good fossil pokémon is Aerodactyl, but they're both fairly decent - Cranidos / Rampardos one-hits anything that's not bulky / resisting it, Shieldon / Bastiodon is an impenetrable wall to most things. I'm not sure which I'd say is more fun to use, probably depends on how the rest of my team is oriented.
Old May 19th, 2013 (09:53 AM).
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
I've only picked the Armor Fossil once and I didn't like using Shieldon as much as I did Cranidos. Shieldon doesn't get any moves that I really like, but Cranidos gets Zen Headbutt and I still really enjoy that even after all this time when the novelty's worn off.
Old May 19th, 2013 (04:21 PM).
lmcde22

i used the skull fossil because Craniados had a killer attack stat so i loved using it

Old May 19th, 2013 (11:10 PM).
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Brave
I'm with the majority here in saying that I much prefered having a Cranidos than Shieldon; thus, I picked the skull fossil. I found with Bastiodon, it was rather boring to use, mainly because of it's defensive and super slow demeanour in battle. That's without mention of its 4x weakness.
Old May 19th, 2013 (11:42 PM).
Synerjee
A madman with a box.

Nature: Relaxed
I haven't used any of the two before, but I'll go with the Skull Fossil as I love powerful Pokemon such as Cranidos and dislike slow snails like Bastiodon. Offensive FTW. (Y)

pairs | twitter | showdown | lake valor | pc family
Old May 20th, 2013 (01:10 AM).
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
I picked Skull Fossil since I do think Rampardos is much better than Bastiodon. Plus it looks more like a dinosaur than Bastiodon. :3
Old May 20th, 2013 (01:28 AM).
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Nature: Relaxed
Skull Fossil! Gotta smash everything with your skull, man!
Old May 20th, 2013 (10:35 AM).
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I hate Sheldon line with passion after the gym battle, I will say Skull fossil then.
Old May 20th, 2013 (11:35 AM).
Cooltrainer Ashley Rose
Booted out - don't be like me!

Location: Don't die. You might get AFTERLIFE>...<3 Ashley Rose Kristiine.
Nature: Careful
I got Cranidos, AND Rampardos... It's wicked sick, like for rizzle...
Old May 20th, 2013 (06:05 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
The Skull Fossil is one of the main reasons why I went with Diamond, since Cranidos and Rampardos hit insanely hard, despite their low defenses and the fact that Rampardos has the exact same Speed as Cranidos (which is decent on pre-evolved 'mons, and not so great on evolved ones).

Old May 20th, 2013 (11:22 PM).
Brendino
Oh good grief.

Nature: Quiet
I went with the Skull Fossil and Cranidos/Rampardos. I didn't really care for either Shieldon or Bastiadon's design all that much, and I generally take the more offensive minded Pokemon of the two if I'm only planning to use them in-game.

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old May 22nd, 2013 (05:51 AM).
Aurora
Ustom Tuser Citle
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Aurora
Shieldon and Bastiodon are horrifically grotesque to look at (especially Bastiodon with all those spikes protruding from its 'shield') and I've never had access to anybody with Pearl (when I was a hardcore Diamond player, I didn't understand how to get GTS functioning, so I was starved of the opportunity to trade, and nobody I knew had Pearl), so I'd always go with the Skull Fossil. Cranidos and Rampardos are far more useful in-game as it is, anyway, as they're far more powerful that Shieldon and Bastiodon ever will be (power is the essence in-game; it gets things done).
Old May 22nd, 2013 (08:29 PM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

Nature: Timid
Had I been asked this originally when DP came out, I would have told you Armor Fossil. I was big into tank Pokemon back then and preferred Bastiodon. Nowadays, I feel that it looks a bit awkward (Rampardos does too really) and I'm just not into the big bulky Pokemon anymore (unless that Pokemon's name is Umbreon). So I prefer the Skull Fossil, or Cranidos line. Both Cranidos and Shieldon are really cute though. Their evos are awkward looking imo, but Rampardos can have such fun movesets. I didn't know that thing could learn Ice Beam, lmao.
Old May 23rd, 2013 (03:28 AM).
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Skull Fossil! Rampardos is a freaking dinosaur made of rock - what would be more badass? It's such a fun (and dangerous) Pokémon to use with ridiculously high Attack and powerful moves to back it up; it's certainly a favourite of mine. Sure the 'glass cannon' nature of it is a little off-putting, but no Pokémon can be perfect right? :p
Old May 23rd, 2013 (10:21 AM).
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

Nature: Naive
Seems as if I was the first to vote for the armour fossil!

I prefer to play defensively, and I've always loved the idea of a rock/steel type due to the ridiculously high defenses it must have. I am clearly part of the minority, but Shieldon is my personal preference.
Old May 27th, 2013 (09:09 AM).
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

Skull fossil for me because Rampardos is so strong and awesome looking while Bastidon is ugly and only useful for a few things. Easy pick for me :D

"By force of will!"
Old May 27th, 2013 (09:57 AM).
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Given the choice, I'd go with attack over defence, and so I'd ideally go with the Skull fossil. However, I had Pearl version and thus had a Shieldon, and quite liked him. Even when I used Rampardos, I think I liked Bastiodon a bit more. So...
It's too hard to decide, in this case. :P

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links