The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 13th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Synerjee
the oncoming storm.

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Welcome to the most Legendary of clubs, Meganium! :D

What would you change about any existing legendary Pokemon?

I actually don't think any legendary really needs to be changed. All of them are perfect just the way they are. I do have a slight issue with Genesect and its drives though. The must to interchange between drives to change types between fire, water, ice and electric makes its unique move Techno Blast quite inconvenient methinks. Perhaps there could be a single drive that makes Techno Blast super effective against anything it hits, but rather inaccurate, like around 40% - 50% chance of hitting so as to not make it too overpowered? Just my opinion.

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family

Last edited by Synerjee; April 13th, 2013 at 10:47 PM.
Old April 14th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky

I'd probably make all the Lake Guardians have dual typings, Keldeo getting stat reorganization in Resolute Form or maybe make the alternate Kyurem formes Ice/Electric (Black Kyurem) and Ice/Fire (White Kyurem). Other than that I guess I'd leave everything else the way it is.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old April 14th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

I'm not really sure if I would want to change anything about any of the legendaries. I'm not too familiar with most of the fifth generation legendaries, and when it comes to stats, movesets and the likes, I'm completely lost in all regards. The first thing that really sprang to mind, was to change Mewtwo to be much stronger, since that's kinda what it lacks. I don't know how well it would apply now, since Arceus was introduced, but as more games were released, Mewtwo just lost its spot as the most powerful Pokemon and all, which I just don't like at all. Mewtwo was so cool back in the day for me, and I just don't really want to let go of that :(

Other than that, I don't really think any changes are needed :p
Old April 14th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Starry Windy
... min?
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I think Keldeo's Resolute form's stats must be stronger than the "ordinary form" one. Other than that, I have nothing to change.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old April 22nd, 2013, 11:49 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Well, time for a new topic!

Which legendary Pokemon's backstory is, in your opinion, the most interesting?

By that I mean, for example, how Mewtwo was created, how Arceus created the world of Pokemon, how Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon, and so on. Which one did you like the most, and why? :)
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:09 AM
Starry Windy
... min?
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
For me, that would be when the backstory says that "Reshiram and Zekrom was formerly one Pokémon". That makes me imagine how they were when they are one back then, and the formula of "Truth and Ideals" there makes me interested more on them.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old May 18th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

I really like the story behind the legendary beast trio. They consider their master to be Ho-oh, who revived them when one tower in Ecruteak crumbled. The legendary beasts symbolize the three events that happened to the tower: the lightning that struck, the fire that burned, and the rain and wind that put out the fire.

Here's some fanart I found of Ho-oh I wanted to share. :)
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightBlade View Post
I really like the story behind the legendary beast trio. They consider their master to be Ho-oh, who revived them when one tower in Ecruteak crumbled. The legendary beasts symbolize the three events that happened to the tower: the lightning that struck, the fire that burned, and the rain and wind that put out the fire.

Here's some fanart I found of Ho-oh I wanted to share. :)
I'd honestly completely forgotten about this. I really love it when connections are drawn between legendaries, rather than just rather than just putting one in the game and thinking up a quick backstory for them, without any relation to any of the other Pokemon :p

As people can probably guess from all my other posts regarding Mewtwo, I really like his origin. The whole idea of a Pokemon created by humans to be the strongest Pokemon of all, is just something I find to be really creative, especially considering it was at the start of the franchise, when they could've used so many other ideas. Seems like more is gonna be added to his backstory with X&Y with the whole Newtwo thing, and I'm not quite sure how I feel about that. Perhaps it'll be a good addition, or everyone will just end up hating it :p Only time will tell!

Also, btw guys.

Announcement!

Since neither Blade nor myself have watched it yet, and since it fit in with the topic of the club, we decided on livestreaming the Keldeo movie for the club. No official time has really been decided yet, but I thought sometime next weekend. It really depends on how many of y'all are gonna join us, and when you have time. So yeah, feel free to post whenever you'll be able to attend (if you actually want to :p), and we'll work something out :D
Old May 19th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Avishka
bye. o/
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
Announcement!

Since neither Blade nor myself have watched it yet, and since it fit in with the topic of the club, we decided on livestreaming the Keldeo movie for the club. No official time has really been decided yet, but I thought sometime next weekend. It really depends on how many of y'all are gonna join us, and when you have time. So yeah, feel free to post whenever you'll be able to attend (if you actually want to :p), and we'll work something out :D
i am definitely attending the movie!!

i gotta agree with olli Mewtwo's story is the best! A POKéMON that was created by genetic manipulation.The rarest Pokemon on earth who is able to speak a human language.

Old May 19th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Veevee
Lucario's Sword

Nature: Brave
I'll join.

Username: GoldenRayquaza
2 Legendary Partner Pokemon: Rayquaza and Keldeo
I can't decide between Mewtwo and Keldeo. They're just the two legendaries that have the best backstories.

Last edited by Veevee; May 19th, 2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old May 19th, 2013, 09:03 AM
dreichberg
Unhatched Egg

Username: dreichberg
Pokemon partners: Lugia and Ho-oh
My favorite pokemon backstory is Mewtwo's because who can't think a pokemon that was made by humans.
Old May 19th, 2013, 04:12 PM
kosuke
Extraterrestrial DNA

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to kosuke
Username: kosuke
2 Partners: Lugia and Deoxys
In my opinion, its Keldeo's. I mean its so cool training hard and becoming a sword of justice.
Old May 20th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Welcome to all the new members!

Alright, so the movie is set to be streamed Saturday and Sunday, at 3 different times each day to accommodate for all members. So far the streams are set to start at 6 pm in the timezones: GMT -6, GMT and GMT +8, but you're all free to suggest any other time you'd like. Hope to see some of you at the livestreams! :)
Old May 20th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Absol
Community Supporter

:o A live stream of the Keldeo movie?? I haven't seen it yet so I'll be sure to join! :D (Someone remind me when it starts so I don't forget lol)
Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:45 PM
LadyNyx

Nature: Bold
Username: LadyNyx
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Darkrai and Cresselia
Answer a Topic:
What it would be like if Arceus was a mascot to his own game?
I would definitely buy this game. I think if they could come up with a good storyline, such a game would be amazing and possibly quite popular. The mascot would be the the Alpha pokemon said to create Sinnoh, Ransai, and possibly the rest of the Pokemon universe.
Old May 24th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Avishka
bye. o/
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
Welcome to all the new members!

Alright, so the movie is set to be streamed Saturday and Sunday, at 3 different times each day to accommodate for all members. So far the streams are set to start at 6 pm in the timezones: GMT -6, GMT and GMT +8, but you're all free to suggest any other time you'd like. Hope to see some of you at the livestreams!
do u mean this weekend ollli??
the time of the streaming is pretty late for me.... :\ can u do something about it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNyx View Post
Username: LadyNyx
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Darkrai and Cresselia
Answer a Topic:
What it would be like if Arceus was a mascot to his own game?
I would definitely buy this game. I think if they could come up with a good storyline, such a game would be amazing and possibly quite popular. The mascot would be the the Alpha pokemon said to create Sinnoh, Ransai, and possibly the rest of the Pokemon universe.
welcome to the club Nyx!!

Old May 24th, 2013, 09:30 AM
LadyNyx

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avishka View Post
welcome to the club Nyx!!
Thank you~ :3

Hmm, I think I'll be able to see the movie unless something happens... I hope nothing happens, but with my luck something will. <XD
Old May 25th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Welcome to the club Nyx, hope you'll enjoy your time here! :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avishka View Post
do u mean this weekend ollli??
the time of the streaming is pretty late for me.... :\ can u do something about it??
Sure thing! I don't reckon many people from the easter countries are going to join us, so you can just mention your timezone and any time on the two days would be the best for you, and I'll see if I can work it out. Your best bet is probably Saturday, since some of the streams on Sunday may be cancelled :(

Edit:

The first stream will be starting in exactly 2 hours on this channel http://www.livestream.com/poclivestreams

Last edited by Olli; May 25th, 2013 at 12:42 AM.
Old May 25th, 2013, 01:14 AM
Yukari Yakumo
necrofantasia
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Yukari Yakumo
Username: Classic Sonic
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Dialga and Palkia
Answer a Topic - Which legendary Pokémon's backstory is, in your opinion, the most interesting?: I do like Lugia's, as it's the Guardian of the Sea, and I like its character in the 2nd movie as the mysterious and new Pokemon destined to protect the area of Shamouti...
fc | fs
pairs
family
credit
theme
Old May 25th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

The next stream will be in about 2 hours in the same channel (http://www.livestream.com/poclivestreams)! It'd be great if some of you showed up a bit earlier, just so we can run some tests to check if everything's working, as it didn't go exaaactly as planned in the first stream ;p

Also, to keep this from not being entirely spam of the livestream events, here's a new topic for y'all!

Which legendary Pokemon is your favourite to use in battle?
Old May 25th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Welcome, folks! Thanks for joining.

I don't know much about Keldeo's back story, but I am excited to watch the movie today. :3

I'm there! Movie ready to go in about 15 minutes. :)

My guilty pleasure in Pokemon Battle Revolution was using two Darkrai in double battles... XD; For a sleep-inducing move, Dark Void has fantastic accuracy. I also find much joy in seeing his ability, Bad Dreams, whittle away the enemy's health. Nightmare is an optional move. Of course, the movie Darkrai had Spacial Rend and Roar of Time to play with, too. With toys like Nasty Plot, Trick, and Dark Pulse to play with too, Darkrai is a very awesome legendary to work with.

Mewtwo is also very fun to use, since he likely has the strongest Psychic STAB / spatk base in the game. He also has a powerful Ice Beam and Fire Blast to use. In the earlier generations, I totally used him to destroy the Elite 4 to train some lower level Pokemon with exp. share.
Old May 25th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Necrum
Scourge of the Mushroom Kingdom!

Nature: Adamant
Well, I haven't posted here in forever, but here I am! Ready to watch the movie with you, blade!

I love Ho-Oh personally. Sacred fire is a very devastating move and it got even better in 4th gen when it became physical, working off of Ho-Oh's naturally high Atk stat.
Old May 25th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Username: Belldandy
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Mew & Celebi
Answer a Topic:

Have any of you seen Kyurem vs. The Swords of Justice yet?

Nope, not yet :D I hope I can see it during Movie Day/Night! Already watching Mewtwo Returns atm.
My Trade Thread
Breedject Sign-Up Thread
Friend Safari: Munna, Gothorita, Espurr
Native Scatterbugs: Polar, Ocean, Sun
Old May 25th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Nathan
don't approach
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Nathan
Username: JNathan
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Lugia and Rayquaza
Answer a Topic: Have any of you seen Kyurem vs. The Swords of Justice yet?
Nope, hope to see it today if possible.
Old May 26th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Great to see so many new members! Hope you'll all continue to stay active and enjoy your time here :D

Next stream starts in 2 hours http://www.livestream.com/poclivestreams Sorry to anyone who missed the last Saturday livestream, there was some confusion as to who was gonna stream it :( I can arrange a new stream for anyone who couldn't attend at any other stream though, so just tell me, and I'll try to figure something out :)

Hngg, so hard to choose. I've recently used Black Kyurem and Latios in battle from my B2, but I honestly didn't use them much, as they were all post-game exclusives, and I kinda lost interest after a bit :( So yeah, while they're fresh in mind and were really great for battles, they're definitely not my favourites. However, there was quite the jump between actually owning and finishing a game, as I gave away my Gameboy Advance and all my games a few years back, and I never actually managed to get through any ROMs due to the experience being so different, so excluding Black 2 as well as a recent playthrough of Sapphire, it must've been like 4-5 years since I last used a legendary :o

The choice would probably be between Lugia, Zapdos and Kyogre for me though. Zapdos has always been a great asset to my team, with its great movepool and its (presumably) great stats, and it's never let me down in battle, annihilating everyone with its Drill Peck :p

I loved using Lugia back in my G/S days, and it was pretty much used exclusively on my team for a period of time. I guess it might be bias due to being my favourite, but even if it isn't all that great anymore (I really have no idea), I used it tons back in the day :p

Kyogre is mainly from a more recent playthrough of Sapphire, where it saved me from an excessive amount of grinding, since I was far too weak to take on the E4. Kyogre pretty much blazed through everything though, but I only really used it for that :p

In the end I'd probably have to go with Zapdos, mainly due to the amount of times I've used it in my Leaf Green. Despite Silver being my most played game, it took quite some time before I caught Lugia, whereas Zapdos has been used regularly throughout both my Blue and my Leaf Green, and it's just always been there to save me ;')

Sponsored Links

Advertise here