The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
Bonus question:
What do you think of people who have sex often, with many different people?

Not really my business. If you're a **** shamer you're a ****ing ******* and need to grow up and understand that people are allowed to have as much sex as they like (as long as they aren't endangering people because that isn't good). I will never for the life of me understand what drives people to be so anti-sex or go "omg they slept with so many people before me now I'm insecure" get the **** over yourself and start to understand that people do what they want and they don't have to conform to your ****** ideals and standards.

Also on a sort of related note I've never really had intimate sex. Just hookups. Hah.
Your post sort of inspired me to write something, and I don't mean for it to be directed at you, but I'm using your quote as a base if you don't mind.. This is a sex thread after all, but I'm going to go off-tangent than to the questions asked. Pleeaaase don't be offended with anything below, as I don't mean to say you DON'T practice safe sex or anything like that, I am just using your post as an example. Ok here we go:

You know, the whole endangering people can be something really nondescript, and maybe you might not realize that there isn't just a black and white "safe or unsafe" sex.. so that's why it drives people to be so anti-sex (shaming, etc.)
Let me elaborate.

Did you know that they don't screen men for HPV in sexual screenings? It is actually a difficult thing to do, so pretty much all clinics wont do it unless you specifically ask (and then pay) for it. TBH.. I'm not even sure if you CAN test men for it. People can then basically say "yep I'm clean, I had my test." And then.. not be. Nasty HPV strings lead to cancers and warts (yes warts too!) Fun fact is that about 80% of the population contract some sort of HPV string at least once. Yes, in a sense you feel like you don't need to worry since you are a guy and it doesn't affect you.. but.. in retrospect.. does this sound safe to you?
Ok, you tell me, no big deal, I'm gay. (Wait, I don't mean to pinpoint you or gays specifically, just hear me out here..) Well here's that shade of grey: do you ever consider that the person you are with may be bisexual? That they would pass on that HPV to someone else unknowingly and that other person may suffer?
I think the biggest thing that people "**** shame" about isn't hurting someone on purpose.. it actually may be about unknowingly hurting someone.. and I guess that upsets some people.
"OK Kura" you (again not meant to actually pinpoint you.. I mean people in general would say to me) tell me "I wont hurt anyone, I use a condom 100% of the time!"
Well that's great.. but you also need to consider emotionally hurting someone. That includes having sex with someone under the influence of something (booze, drugs, etc) but not even just that.. but their state of mind. Sure maybe it is consensual at the time, but you don't really know if they're using sex as an escape or if they'll come to regret it after too.

For some, sex is fine and dandy, and others it is something more intimate and emotional. I wanted to post this because I wanted to inform you about risks that aren't really thought of because most people just consider STDs and pregnancies, and not any other risks. I'm not here to shame anyone, but when you say " will never for the life of me understand what drives people to be so anti-sex" you can understand that a certain amount of people who have sex freely also do not think of the full consequences, and are usually shamed for that. The more sex, generally.. the more risk (it's statistics.) It might go hand in hand with having a lot of sex might mean to others that there is a lot more carelessness. Should they shamed for being inconsiderate? Well that's up for you to decide. I don't think anyone would purposely shame people for practicing anything safe- but sadly there is that assumption that if you are having a lot of sex- you are doing it carelessly since there are so many factors to hone in on.

No one should be conforming to anything, I don't think.. but I feel that it's safe to say that if you aren't ready to handle the consequences (any of them: a child, emotional stress, infection, etc) then don't have sex. If you're gonna conform to anything.. let it be safe practice, people! :3 (Lol I sound like a mom..)

Last edited by Kura; May 17th, 2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

1. Providing you're of legal age, what is stopping you from having sex? Religious reasons? Lack of interest, from either you or another person? Lack of sexual desire for anyone? Fear?

Definitely those bits in bold :(

2. Are you okay with being a virgin? Yeah. I can still laugh at sex jokes, and I don't do "hover hand". Do you care about what society/the people have to say in regards to it? No...yeah, I do, a lot. But only if by people you mean people close to me. Society as a whole can go screw itself

3. When do you plan on having sex? preferably before i'm 40 [optimism]Hopefully this year?[/optimism] Do you even want to have sex? Yes. There's gotta be something I'm missing out on, otherwise why would people do it?

...****, I only came back onto this site to get advice on burning a CD...now this. :O

EDIT
Bonus question:

LAD/****

lol, jk. Good for them, as long as they don't do anything sick like knowingly spread an STi

Last edited by Amore; May 19th, 2013 at 07:27 AM.
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
It fills my heart with joy and hope for this community that this poll made Poll of the Week.

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old May 20th, 2013, 10:31 AM
インフェルノの津波
Seriously?
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
1. Providing you're of legal age, what is stopping you from having sex? Religious reasons? Lack of interest, from either you or another person? Lack of sexual desire for anyone? Fear?

I'm trying to find a suitable partner for myself...things haven't been going well I'm afraid. Ah well, gotta keep trying harder.

2. Are you okay with being a virgin? Do you care about what society/the people have to say in regards to it?

It doesn't bother as much as it probably should! My friends are pretty shocked I haven't made an attempt to have sex.

3. When do you plan on having sex? Do you even want to have sex?

I plan on having it (safely of course, I hate kids), and I do sort of want to have sex.

Bonus question:

None of my goddamn business, that's for sure. But honestly I've always wanted to be in a harem.
Old May 20th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
It fills my heart with joy and hope for this community that this poll made Poll of the Week.
As am I. My faith in the sex lives of those in this community has been restored.
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
Such a scandalous thread!

1. How many times do you think you've had it?

I am not sure, but I have been dating the same girl for 3 and half years so a lot. Maybe 50 or 60ish? She was my first and is the only person I have ever done it with and that's how I like it <3

2. What age did you lose your virginity, providing you have lost it?

When I was 19.

3. Have you done the dirty deed with guys and girls?

As I said, the only person I have ever done it with is my girlfriend and she is a girl lol. So the answer is I have done dirty deeds with a girl and I will never do any with a guy because I am lesbian.
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:31 AM
Evanlyn
What a drag...

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Evanlyn

Um... legal age? I'm pretty sure that's 18, right? Well whatever, I'm 17, and my reasons are religious and just plain lack of interest.

2. Are you okay with being a virgin? Do you care about what society/the people have to say in regards to it?

Yeah, I'm fine with it. I don't give a shoot what other people think.

I plan on it when I find 'the one', and marry him.
Of course I've thought about it, and sometimes wanted it, but like, I just couldn't be bothered... and I decided to wait till the right time, whenever that is!

BONUS QUESTION

Well, to be honest, I'm totally not cool with it. And this isn't even on religious grounds that I have this opinion on it.. I can sort of understand why people would (though I'm a virgin myself) I just... find it gross... I suppose that's one way to put it! Though really, it's none of my business what people believe, or how they act... but yeah...

Last edited by Evanlyn; May 21st, 2013 at 12:35 AM. Reason: I noticed the.... BONUS QUESTION..
Old May 21st, 2013, 03:19 AM
Melody
Singing Nature's Melody
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody
All of the above, except for fear and religion, which at this point in my lifetime do not affect that decision. My case is also unique in the way that I simply must be with someone within the right frame of mind when it comes to sexuality and gender, for someone who is not would probably not wish to be intimate.

I'm fine with it. I can wait until the cows come home and hell freezes over too. It's not all that important, and I don't care what anyone has to say about what I may or may not be "missing";

I will experience this first time the right way, with a partner whom I have genuine feelings for and a stable relationship. Physiologically and biologically, I am compelled to say yes. It is a primal drive for my present incarnation. Mentally, I could care less, it's just another demand my body makes. Emotionally, I would enjoy it as it brings people closer together. Spiritually, I am indifferent. My position on when it is appropriate to have sex may change once my virginity is truly lost, but I want my first time to be the most special to me, like a girl would want her wedding to be, and for that I'm willing to wait.

Bonus question:

I envy them somewhat. I respect them as cultural pioneers much like myself who work to change the ideals of society with their courage to be able to stand up and express their love as openly as they do with many people. I personally believe that non-reproductive sex can deepen and strengthen bonds and help people mentally and emotionally connect. I do not believe physical intimacy is the definition of ultimate love, and I do not believe that being physically intimate cheapens the value of love. I believe it is a part of love, and one that can and should be expressed as freely as any, between two consenting adults.

If I had a bulletproof (100% effective) way of not reproducing with sex unless I chose to deliberately do so, I do believe I would be less careful. I think many people would feel the same.

"It loves to bask in the sunlight. It uses the leaf on its head to seek out warm places."
Chikorita

Old May 22nd, 2013, 10:39 AM
Ursula
have we got a deal?
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Ursula Send a message via Skype™ to Ursula
I lost my virginity at the age of nineteen literally a week after getting out of an emotionally abusive six month long relationship. It was a terribly traumatic experience in itself. I was rendered unable to even see the guy's name on facebook/text without inducing a panic attack. I felt empty inside, so I started on a spiral of hooking up with a few guys. I then started dating this guy on and off for about a year. We dated, broke up, hooked up, and yeah. I was depressed, okay? :P

As for how many times I've had sex...I couldn't say. Haha. I went through my hookup phase. ^_^;

I did, however, give up sex for Lent in 2012, hooked up once after that, and then met my current boyfriend who I've been dating for about eleven months. Despite being about two hours apart, we have a pretty healthy sex life.

I've never actually been with a woman beyond making out with this one girl when I was like in 6th grade. (mad game, bro)

As someone who has been that person who had sex often with different people, I'd say the most important thing to do is get tested. It's just for peace of mind. People can say, "oh, I'm clean", but.. people will do anything to get some sometimes. I have a friend who actually contracted HIV from the lifestyle due to not being cautious. So, yeah. It's a bit terrifying. Sex is an adult decision you have to make and the consequences can be pretty intense. I'm just glad that I was lucky enough not to get anything/wise enough to be safe.

Last edited by Ursula; May 22nd, 2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old May 26th, 2013, 06:34 AM
abnegation
proudly paired with adventure

A long time ago it came to the point where I truly did stop counting. Not that it really matters, given that when you're young and in a relationship for a long time and see one another a lot you'll probably end up doing it quite a bit. So for me it's been several hundred times. Sex is something that takes practice, and when you're with someone new it can often be a challenge to see what works for them and so on. Communication is a great thing however, especially if you're in a relationship and have the time to experiment and try new things. Having sex with someone you're comfortable with is a really big bonus if you're new to it or want to get better and make it more enjoyable. I see a lot of people losing their virginity and never wanting to do it again, but that much is relative to gender most of the time. However, I didn't enjoy my first time either, despite being with someone who had had it before. For anyone who does read this who hasn't done it before, it's not going to lead up to your expectations the first time you do it. Which is why I'd recommend doing it with someone you're completely comfortable with and just practice. It's one of those things that if you put time and effort into it, it becomes an amazing experience that you'll really come to enjoy. It's just a matter of getting over the first hurdle so to speak.

I lost mine when I was 16 to a girl who was an ex-girlfriend at the time. To be honest, it wasn't under the best circumstances either given that she was involved with someone else at the time. However there were deeper reasons as to why I did it with her while I could and so forth, a broken heart leading me to the loss of my virginity? A bit strange I'll admit. But it was something I was glad to have gotten out the way at a fairly young age, it gave me a realistic view of what sex is like, and allowed me to see that it'll be something I'll need to get better at.

I wouldn't say it's often been dirty, buuuut only ever done anything with girls. Despite being able to appreciate a guy who's good looking, and being in a state where I can easily say "holy balls you're attractive" to another guy, it simply boils down to only being interested in women. The curiosity might have been there at a point, but I think that died fairly quickly. As it stands, I'm attracted to girls and that's it. Often I consider myself to be somewhat asexual, I don't like people very often, but when I do it's usually a pretty strong feeling, I believe my standards are also sky high and I fall out of infatuation easily. I don't think that would mean I'm not faithful or disloyal, but love is both a catalyst and a potion for my inspiration, motivation, and quality of what I do. Right now, the way I feel is nothing but positive towards who I like. So when it comes to sex, I'd need to be very much attracted to a girl to do it.
Old May 30th, 2013, 12:12 PM
adventure
trust your doctor

Nature: Naive
Countless. I honestly have no idea, over these years... Several hundred at least? Only with a single digit number of people though. And I remember each one of them and how they were, because except for once, I've only had sex with boyfriends or people that I really liked.

I was 18. I'd wanted to lose it a bit earlier, tbh, I did have boyfriends before that and all. 15 is the legal age here. I just didn't feel like I wanted to, until I realized that I was 18 already and most of my friends already had, and so I agreed to do it with the new boyfriend I was with back then. Like Gavin said, it's probably most often meh the first time.

Guys only. And I'm not gay, I'm a girl. I've made out with girls many times though, eheh. But generally, I so prefer guys and would not want to "do the dirty deed" with a girl.
Old May 30th, 2013, 12:27 PM
xxkaylabby
unacceptable!
Community Supporter

Send a message via AIM to xxkaylabby Send a message via Skype™ to xxkaylabby
well yeah i'm 19 and it is for religious reasons.

i'm okay with being a virgin and i don't care what society says. it's my choice.

when i get married and the time is right.

Bonus question:

i think it's wrong, but it's their choice and opinion, not mine.

|Pair|
|Theme|
|Tumblr|
|My Gallery|
|Friend Code|
|Trade Thread|

Old June 6th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Arago
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Well, I've recently came to the conclusion that I'm asexual. I'm not sure why I didn't come to that conclusion a long time ago since I knew what that was. I think it's because, while I don't have any sexual attraction to anyone, I do want to have sex and I think I do have a pretty normal sex drive.

I'm still a virgin now. I'm pretty indifferent to it, actually. I did go through a phrase last year where I was like "I'm 20 years old and haven't had sex yet? Lame." and I remember a few weeks last year before it where I was obsessed with losing the V-card, but I didn't do anything about it and after a while that went away. I don't go actively look for sex, but I would have it if the opportunity came.
Old June 6th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

My penis is wrapped in red tape and it's not about to be unraveled any time soon.
Old June 7th, 2013, 03:25 AM
Rest
Showstealer Pro: Trial Version

Nature: Careful
I am of legal age. I'm not supposed to have sex until after marriage (religious reasons), and honestly, I think that's a fair rule to live by. I'm not religious though.

As long as I'm not dying as one. Nah, I don't care. I don't think society cares too, least where I live.

Until after I tie the knot. Yes, I have a raging libido pls don't kill me

Bonus question:
If you prepare beforehand and understand the possible repercussions then do what you want. I have a problem with people who don't.
Old June 8th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Controversial?
should probably stop now

Lack of interest from another person, obviously.
(In all seriousness though, the reason I haven't lost it was because around a month ago I let my best mate blow all my condoms up into balloons, Needless to say, I was very ill prepared and I still hate myself for it; this is why it's taken me a month to post in this thread. But yeah, said girl was probably already fairly mentally damaged to even consider reaching this point with me, thus the above point I have made still stands.)

Well, I'm 17 and my hormones are ill-controlled and rampant, soooo no. XD I blame society. It's a teenage thing k?

I dunno... I guess when the opportunity presents itself? (It probably won't for a very long time tbh, but one can only hope, right?)
Old June 13th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Akita
good night, night vale

While I do have a dedicated partner, he respects that a: I am not ready and b: I am asexual. I'm not against sex or anything, but I personally believe in sex after marriage (At least for myself). I'm open to it but now is not the time. I've got more important things to deal with in my life right now.

Absolutely. I don't care as much as I used to. I think there's a lot of pressure to not be a virgin especially in high school and college, but that is only from drawing on my own experiences.

It really doesn't appeal to me, but I'm okay with it. And as I previously mentioned, after marriage. Whenever that's legal, that is.

Bonus question:
As long as they did not coerce or force anyone, then I really don't care. You can live your life however you like. Whether or not I think something is right or wrong is irrelevant.
Old June 13th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Pshhhh, I lost count a long time ago.

Haha, well...let's just say I was a lot younger than most.

Heck Yes.

Bonus question:

Idgaf.
Old June 13th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Penta Penguin
You will refer to me as Pentarou.

Well, fear is one of the selections, because of probably STIs. Also, I have never had a girlfriend, ever :/
To be honest I'm not really bothered about it. And do I care what the people have to say in regards to it? Nah, not at all.
Eventually, but as to when, probably when I eventually get a girlfriend and she says that she is ok with it.

Bonus question:
It doesn't really bother me, as long as they aren't deliberately spreading STIs.

Looking for a scripter desperately for Pokemon Dark Nebula. If you
would like to help, drop me a PM or VM.
It's a Romhack btw.
~Twitter~ ~Youtube RH~ ~Youtube Music~
Old June 15th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
How many times do you think you've had it?
Countless, but I've [officially] been with my current partner for 3 years now, so it'd be quite a challenge to keep track.
I've only had two sexual conquests unlucky individuals partners, which is more of an appropriate statistic that the amount of times, in my mind.

Quote:
What age did you lose your virginity, providing you have lost it?
During highschool, when I was 17. It wasn't a romantic thing, it was just me and a really close guy-friend, decided we both wanted to. Surprisingly it was never awkward afterwards, and we're still close friends.

When I was 18 I met my current Girlfriend, and we've been together ever since.

Quote:
Have you done the dirty deed with guys and girls?
Read the previous answer; yeah.
If you're attractive, you're attractive. Gender plays no part in that for me.

Quote:
I know a few people who are like that, and while it's certainly not ideal for everyone they're happy and that's all that should matter really.

Quote:
Be mature!!! Thank you!!!
You can't make me! >:3
Old June 15th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
1. How many times do you think you've had it? Only a couple! (Long distance woop)
2. What age did you lose your virginity, providing you have lost it? 18
3. Have you done the dirty deed with guys and girls? Only my boyfriend.
What do you think of people who have sex often, with many different people? If they enjoy it then it's no concern of mine, barring it's consensual. :p

(Sorry @ 70 rl <3)
Old June 15th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet

Not often. Has to be between 50-100 maybe less than that even. Was same girl.

19 nearly 20.

Only 1 girl and since we broke up and I wasn't able to see my son I haven't had interested in a single girl since then. Doubt I ever will to be honest I never even look at anyone now, and I guess the way people go on about it to me doesn't make me want to go find anyone else to share that with. Maybe some day but for now I am totally happy how I am.

Bonus.

For me I hate people that will go out then sleep with someone they have just met, my best friend has done it loads of times and I know she doesn't use protection most of the time. But I guess that is influenced by how I am with sex and not really needing/wanting it.
Old June 15th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Purple Materia
Shape the future!
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Careful
What a strange thread to have on a Pokemon-centric forum...

Depends on what we're talking here. Traditionally, I haven't. As for "oral", quite a bit actually! With only one person though.

Oral virginity was lost at 17.

With my boyfriend when I was 17. He was the only boy, the rest were girls.

"I have fallen from the Land of Magic. I am Stardust Witch Meruru!"
Combat Arms | Raptr | Hummingbird | Last.fm
Old June 19th, 2013, 12:26 AM
Plumpyfoof

Send a message via Skype™ to Plumpyfoof
How many times? I stopped counting when I started having regular sex but it was about an average of 3-4 times a week for a good two years with probably maybe maximum of a month gap maybe twice in that time.
I have been counting partners however because well who doesn't.
Spoiler:
13 by New Years just gone for you nosey people

I had just turned 14 my first time and I am so glad I didn't wait.
I apologise to everyone I might accidentally offend here but I often think about all the things I would have missed if I waited until I was 18, or 16 even. All the people I would meet, and the confidence I have gained (Not to mention the skills you learn in the process ;D). People keep telling me that they're "waiting for that special person" but really my first experience means nothing but my starting point to a sexual career. Albeit all of my sexual partners have been with women I don't find myself being "in love" with so I don't really know what special is.
I also think that if you don't have the experience, when it finally is special it'll suck. You need practise otherwise you're like a lost kid at Disneyland wanting to try all the attractions but not really knowing where to start or what to do when you get there.

Only women, I'm not so much interested in men, I have been drunk enough to experiment but I couldn't go through with it. It makes me uncomfortable to be in a sexual environment when women aren't involved apparently.

BONUS YEAH!!
Alright so I have no issue with people with people who sleep around. I actually prefer it to be a quality in people
But I don't like people who brag about how much action they get or who display videos or pictures in social environments or mediums.
Old June 19th, 2013, 07:17 AM
diab_low
#SmashingTheMaroons

Providing you're of legal age, what is stopping you from having sex? Religious reasons? Lack of interest, from either you or another person? Lack of sexual desire for anyone? Fear?
I'm 19 and still a virgin, I have been pushed to have sex but I have refused because I think that to give you virginity to someone you have to be in the ultimate position of love and faith and to me that is marriage.

Are you okay with being a virgin? Do you care about what society/the people have to say in regards to it?
I'm totally fine with being a virgin. Here in Australia I haven't experienced society here to expect people to lose their virginity. Society is more set on having a partner than having to lose your virginity.

When do you plan on having sex? Do you even want to have sex?
After marriage. Yeah Sex is something I would love to have after on

Well when you talk about those people its their decision to have sex with whom they choose to, but in reality it is kinda wrong because why open your self to a lot of people. Sex is an intimate act keep it for the one special person in your life.

Sponsored Links