The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 17th, 2013, 10:33 AM
YamiNoBlade Twihiki Amias
~Be by my side for Eternity ~

Nature: Mild
I'm Bi and I feel very offended to the fact that 15 year old girls simply use the term as a means to just freaking turn on a guy, it's pure bs imo. If you wanted a guy, just get him as you are not by kissing another girl just so they'd be into you, especially for the wrong reasons--if there may be. Heck they disgrace all others who are Bisexual and are ACTUALLY into both sexes/all sexualities.

Now my venting is done, and I agree with Shining Raichu it's just simply a matter of educating no matter what the frustrations follow and no matter how density or thick-skullednesses.

btw SR, I miss your old sig lol.

Gym Leader Cheren
Partner N'Crime
| Showdown! | PC Family | Pairs

Currently on Hiatus until further notice.
Old May 17th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Esper

I wouldn't be too hard on the young girls. They may just be taking advantage of a socially acceptable way in which to experiment with their sexuality. We don't know if any of them are straight, bi, gay, or anything else. I'd rather that they did that than they stay completely heteronormative. It's like what Andy said, we have to educate the people who don't understand that there are bisexual people. They're the ones who need help.

deviantart blog pair
Old May 17th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Inkblots

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVida View Post
Today (May 17), it's International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia.

In my town, most of the trams have been carrying a rainbow flag all week. That's pretty sweet.

By the way, what do you do about people who don't believe in your sexuality (in my case, it's bisexuality)? I just had someone telling me (after stating that I'm bisexual) that there is no such thing. Pretty rude, huh.
This happens a lot to aces too. We're told that (a) there's something medically wrong with us (b) we're just "late bloomers", or (c) it's an excuse to cover up for the fact that we can't get a date. One of the things that I've noticed has worked when logic and reason fails is, first, don't get too defensive about it. If possible - and I know it sounds mean, but hey, they're invalidating you, and that's pretty douchey - act like they're a complete moron for not believing that your sexuality exists. Give them a completely incredulous "Really? You seriously think this doesn't exist?" Be patronizing and dismissive. Act like they're the first person you've ever met who doesn't believe you. If you make it seem like you've encountered the arguments they're presenting before, then they will (usually uncounsciously) take this as evidence that there are other people who believe the same as they do, and that therefore, they are right and you are wrong.

Most people like to think they're the smartest and most knowledgeable person in the room. The more you try to argue with them, the more they're going to argue back just for the sake of winning the argument and proving themselves right (even if, through the course of the argument, they realize they're wrong). It's tricky, but often the best way to get them to come around is to make them doubt their own argument by acting as though it's so ridiculous, it isn't even worth your time to respond, rather than to actually prove them wrong. You want them to come to the conclusion that they're wrong on their own, so they don't come to resent you and cement their belief even further just out of spite.

Last edited by Inkblots; May 17th, 2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:31 AM
FenrirDarkWolf
Water Musician Fenrir

Nature: Quirky
...I realize now, that, I have very few straight friends.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
If we're talking about friends that we see on a regular basis, I only have one straight one lol. The majority of my friends these days are made up of gay guys. Outside of them, my existing friends consisted of one bisexual girl and one straight girl lol

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old May 20th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Inkblots

I'm totally the opposite. All my friends are straight (as far as I know) except for two, haha XD
Old May 20th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
My friends are a total mixture. Some are gay, some are straight and some are bi. It is all over the place when it comes to my friend's sexuality.
Old May 20th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

Most of my friends are straight, but there are like 3 bisexual ones and then I'm the only fully gay one in the group. :( I'm surrounded by half pints and nonfats (I'm whole milk)
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Esper

I don't actually know for sure what some of my friends' sexualities are. One of them, I think, might be asexual (or demisexual) and another friend who once said she was bisexual I suspect might just be gay, but to be honest, it doesn't really matter to me and I'm not going to ask them if they're not going to bring it up themselves.

deviantart blog pair
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:24 PM
voltianqueen
WITH SEAWATER

Nature: Relaxed
I like to joke that "everyone I touch ends up gay." It seems to be...pretty accurate... o_o

No really though, my friends and even siblings are pretty varied when it comes to sexualities. I do have one friend in particular that I'm afraid to tell about the girl I'm talking to, though :V
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
Since we are talking about gay/straight/bi people we know, what about relatives?

My older brother is gay. I think we both got a gay gene from my dad because we have different moms but the same father.
Old May 20th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
Most of my friends are straight, but there are like 3 bisexual ones and then I'm the only fully gay one in the group. :( I'm surrounded by half pints and nonfats (I'm whole milk)
I absolutely love that I can now no longer see people buying milk without giggling at them, thanks.
Also, fullfat is the best milk. blue/red caps can go stuff itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltianqueen View Post
I like to joke that "everyone I touch ends up gay." It seems to be...pretty accurate... o_o

No really though, my friends and even siblings are pretty varied when it comes to sexualities. I do have one friend in particular that I'm afraid to tell about the girl I'm talking to, though :V
Weirdly enough, In my social group in highschool I was the first to come out as lesbian [or so i thought back then] then like 2 of my closest guy friends both cam out within a year. That and I was the first gay experience for 2 of my closest female friends. I swear they're just like "I wonder what being a lesbians like... hey Kitty's gay... 'Oi, Kitty come here a second..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Since we are talking about gay/straight/bi people we know, what about relatives?

My older brother is gay. I think we both got a gay gene from my dad because we have different moms but the same father.
I have no siblings, but my girlfriend has 3 brothers. One brother is asexual, and one is gay. My GF is bi so that means only one of their children is straight. The entire family is lovely though, and I get on really well with all of them which is wonderful.
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:08 AM
Inkblots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post

One of those two friends I mentioned is actually my cousin. Or, well... my cousin's daughter. I have one other lesbian cousin, and one uncle who might be gay, or ace (he's in his 60's, never married, never had a girlfriend or showed any interest in women, but did live with another man for several years). I don't want to make any assumptions, but my mom is pretty sure he's gay.

It seems like a lot, especially considering these are all on my mom's side of the family, but isn't actually that surprising when you find out my mom came from a farming family with 11 brothers and sisters, and there are now over 100 people in the family, haha. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple more non-straight relatives popped up on her side.
Old May 21st, 2013, 02:30 PM
FenrirDarkWolf
Water Musician Fenrir

Nature: Quirky
Apparently my mom has a gay cousin. I suspect my sister may be asexual because she never seems to want any sort romantic relationship.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Old May 22nd, 2013, 04:53 PM
Ursula
have we got a deal?
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Ursula Send a message via Skype™ to Ursula
My uncle on my father's side was gay. He contracted the HIV virus during the late 80s and died in 94.
I have a gay cousin on my mom's side, but he was adopted.
And, I think I have a former gay cousin on my dad's side, but I have no idea about that. My dad told me about him, but who knows?

Hi, y'all, btw :B
Old May 22nd, 2013, 05:08 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Sassy
I'm pretty sure I'm the only gay in like 300 years in my family, possibly the first gay ever. I'm so special.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 05:38 PM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I'm not sure, but I think my mom told me that she and my sister are bi when I first came out to her. :L I'm still not sure if I heard her right. xD

My step-sister is bi. Her best friend moved in with us and now they're in a super lesbian relationship. Pfft.

My mom says that she thinks that my oldest brother on my dad's side might be gay. I've never met him, though. :|

No doubt there's more somewhere. I have family across the country, and there's a lot of them and they're all pretty accepting of that kind of stuff, so I wouldn't doubt it.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 08:18 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
Everyone in my family is very religious, so I doubt anyone else would have come out, even if they were gay. I may be the first. I don't even know of any family members other than my dad who isn't diehard Christian.

Side note... trying to go vegetarian has proved far more difficult than coming out as gay, lol. My mom is making a huge deal over it, and she hardly even seemed to care that I was gay, even though that basically translates into "Mom, I'm going to hell." in her mind.
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Last edited by QuilavaKing; May 22nd, 2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 12:43 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

Well, my aunt's gay. I had a gay uncle but he passed around 3 years ago (AIDS). That's all I know of. I think my brother might be gay.

I know it sounds silly but if my brother IS gay, I don't want him stealing my thunder if he comes out :(
Old May 23rd, 2013, 01:25 PM
dcjboi
With Quiet Courage

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to dcjboi
Ummm. I just wanted to stop by in this forum to say I love listening to what everyone shares with the community about their experiences and hope that one day, the LGBTS community will be accepted as a norm throughout the world (although it's a lot to ask for).

Old May 25th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Phantom
Uh, I didn't do it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Awww, ain't dat nice.

I have one gay uncle...

That's it I think. I mean, no one I know is out. For the longest time I only had one gay friend, and we weren't even that close. Then I start dating this girl and holy crap there are other gay people.

It's great.
Old May 25th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Aeon
Now face the avalanche

Nature: Quiet
I have a bisexual cousin, but that's just about it for family. I have some gay/bi/pan friends though.

I'm the only transsexual person ever in my family and friend groups though. Dunno how this is going to fly...

Last edited by Aeon; May 25th, 2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old May 25th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Moogles
better than u
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I'm the only gay person in my family as far as I know although years ago there were rumors about one of my cousins being in the closet. I don't think I've talked to him in well over 4 years though so idk. Pretty sure he has a gf.

Quote:
Honestly, Moogles, your posts are so nigh impossible to understand that I cannot help but just scratch my head. I know you’re trying to be clever and cute with your outright… pitiful writing style, but I’ll… try to tackle whatever drivel you said.
Old May 25th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Phantom
Uh, I didn't do it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Oh, and have we not spoken about how awesome Minnesota is?

'Cause it's awesome!
Old May 25th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Oh, well, not really in my family, but my sister's best friend that lives in the half of the house next to her (it's a duplex with a total of ten bedrooms, and they kind of took it over together, lol) and that a lot of my family considers to be family is bi. I just found that out today, actually, at my twin nieces' third birthday party. She's currently dating a woman, although I have no idea whom. It hardly came as a surprise, though. In fact, when my mom was saying that she "Was playing on my team, on the opposite side" (or something like that), I pretty much just gave a blank stare and said just that: it was hardly surprising. The one we were talking about kind of just laughed, lol.

Sponsored Links