The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
King of Kaiju

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
They could call it heart type rather than love.
However Fairy seems likely at this point...
Please let Sylveon's type be revealed in June or July I can't take this guessing anymore.
Shoot, you just gave a Captain Planet Vibe (Ground, Fire, Flying, Water, Heart). Now I'm assuming that Sylveon's type will be the new Bug type.

Credit goes to anon from JoyReactor.com for the sig he posted
Old May 15th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Jigglymilk
I put a spell on you

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
They could call it heart type rather than love.
However Fairy seems likely at this point...
Please let Sylveon's type be revealed in June or July I can't take this guessing anymore.
Heart type sounds kind of... odd. Fairly and Light are the most likely, and I am so sick of the waiting as well! Sadly I doubt we will get a lot of x/y news in June because of everything we got this month. I think they are gonna unleash Sylveon's type when the movie comes out in july, sadly. Two more months!!
Old May 15th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I don't know about calling it Heart type, doesn't really sound like...well, a type?
Fairy seems likely, although i wouldn't mind if it was called Light or Magic

By now i'm pretty sure Sylveon will be a new type, or it wouldn't make sense to still hold that info back

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 16th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Whatever you want to call the new type ─ granted there is one ─ let's take it on over to the An introduction of new types...? thread since the name of a new type doesn't have anything to do with Sylveon.
Old May 16th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Creame
Dreams take you higher ♥

Nature: Jolly
I know one thing for sure though.. I have a new fave Pokémon!!
It's cream, pink, light blue AND an Eeveelution!
COULD IT GET ANY BETTER!?

Eeveelutions ♥
Old May 16th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Calm
Sylveon honestly doesn't look elemental like Vapoeon to Glaceon so I'm guessing it won't be Ground, Rock, or Steel. Ghost, Bug, Dragon, Flying, Normal, or new type seem the most likely based on it's non elemental looks. Well actually the only element it could be is wind but Pokémon has no wind unless they make Sylveon flying.
Old May 16th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Sylveon honestly doesn't look elemental like Vapoeon to Glaceon so I'm guessing it won't be Ground, Rock, or Steel. Ghost, Bug, Dragon, Flying, Normal, or new type seem the most likely based on it's non elemental looks. Well actually the only element it could be is wind but Pokémon has no wind unless they make Sylveon flying.
Sylveon's appearance doesn't look like it matches any of the current types. With the most recent Smash episode there are certainly some we can cross out though.

It's strong against Ice types, so it can either be Steel, Rock, Fighting, Or Fire. However, since we already have Flareon then we can cross Fire out of the list. And it can't be a Dragon, Flying or Ground type if it's strong against Ice, and Bugs aren't effective against Ice types either.

We know it can be affected by Poison types, so Steel is out. It's also weak against Fighting types so Fighting can also be ruled out as well as Ghost.

I find it hard to believe it will be a Rock type, so I feel like that can be scratched off the list too. Also, since it has a strength then that crosses off being a Normal type.

All that leaves is a new type, which I feel is a real possibility right now. There's also a dual type, but like being a Rock type, I find it hard to believe GameFreak will break that tradition.

PS. When I mentioned not discussing the name of the type, that's exactly what I meant. The name. If you're only talking about what the name of the new type can be and not how it relates to Sylveon, then that can fit in the thread about a new type rather than go here. Otherwise, things may really venture off topic. It was just a friendly reminder.
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
Sylveon's appearance doesn't look like it matches any of the current types. With the most recent Smash episode there are certainly some we can cross out though.

It's strong against Ice types, so it can either be Steel, Rock, Fighting, Or Fire. However, since we already have Flareon then we can cross Fire out of the list. And it can't be a Dragon, Flying or Ground type if it's strong against Ice, and Bugs aren't effective against Ice types either.

We know it can be affected by Poison types, so Steel is out. It's also weak against Fighting types so Fighting can also be ruled out as well as Ghost.

I find it hard to believe it will be a Rock type, so I feel like that can be scratched off the list too. Also, since it has a strength then that crosses off being a Normal type.

All that leaves is a new type, which I feel is a real possibility right now. There's also a dual type, but like being a Rock type, I find it hard to believe GameFreak will break that tradition.

PS. When I mentioned not discussing the name of the type, that's exactly what I meant. The name. If you're only talking about what the name of the new type can be and not how it relates to Sylveon, then that can fit in the thread about a new type rather than go here. Otherwise, things may really venture off topic. It was just a friendly reminder.

They never said it was weak to Fighting attacks. Only two things we know is its Strong against Ice and Weak against Poison.

The hosts are testing which types Sylveon fits… what could it be?!
The hosts tested to see if Sylveon was Fighting – she failed.
Next they tested to see if she was strong against ice – she was!
She was strong against Ice, so they tested if she was Steel by attacking her with poison type – She wasn’t resistant to it, in fact, it was super-effective against her!

Last edited by Khrysta; May 17th, 2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old May 17th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Lazerith

I think the most likely would be Flying or a new type. But because there are no wings on Sylveon, i don't know if flying is what it will be.

There have been claims that a new type, Fairy, will be introduced, and because of "Ninfia" and "Sylveon" being similar to "Nymph" and "Sylph," which are types of fairies/air elementals, I think it is highly probably that it will be a new type.

However, if there is a new type, I hope to god it is called Light instead of Fairy.
Old May 17th, 2013, 12:33 PM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerith View Post
I think the most likely would be Flying or a new type. But because there are no wings on Sylveon, i don't know if flying is what it will be.

There have been claims that a new type, Fairy, will be introduced, and because of "Ninfia" and "Sylveon" being similar to "Nymph" and "Sylph," which are types of fairies/air elementals, I think it is highly probably that it will be a new type.

However, if there is a new type, I hope to god it is called Light instead of Fairy.
I think we've all determined it is a new type... As I said like six times now, Fairy will likely be the Japanese name with Light being the dubbed name.

Old May 19th, 2013, 06:49 PM
oshawottlover13

I dont think anyone has posted this picture because i didnt want to take the time to look through all the posts but this picture i have shows a little art describing the eeveelutions type but when you look at sylveons, it shows a wing shape. my theory is that sylveon is a flying type. flying types dont need wings. shaymin, dodu. shiploom jumpluff hoppip. sylveon is definately a flying type. no new type.

3ds FC: 3308-4678-2953 Trades and Battles anyone?
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/leavsidchiptric13
Blogger Account: https://www.blogger.com/home
Code for Battle Video 1:8ACW-WWWW-www5-3LEL
Code for Battle Video 2: CJNW-WWWW-WWW5-ACLF
Old May 19th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ

Nature: Timid
That pic has been posted many times, actually, about 5-10 pages back. The egg-shape and wing inside the egg (first noted by myself, if I recall) was a solid reasoning for flying type, except insects lay eggs, too, and the wing could be dubbed a "coincidence."

+ Smash earlier this week pretty much shows it's a new type.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=358

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=360

And from XanderO:

Quote:
Just found out by someone on Pokejungle...the "Wing" thing is Sylveon's Ear sideways. They actually DO match up...so trolly XD
And me again:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=369
Friend Safari: Munna, Gothorita, Espurr
VM Me for Homework Assistance (French/English)

Last edited by Belldandy; May 19th, 2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old May 19th, 2013, 07:12 PM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshawottlover13 View Post
I dont think anyone has posted this picture because i didnt want to take the time to look through all the posts but this picture i have shows a little art describing the eeveelutions type but when you look at sylveons, it shows a wing shape. my theory is that sylveon is a flying type. flying types dont need wings. shaymin, dodu. shiploom jumpluff hoppip. sylveon is definately a flying type. no new type.
There aren't any wings at all... I don't see what you are referring to... Why would they make Flying weak to Poison and resistant of Ice? Makes not sense considering Flying is super effective to Ice...

Old May 19th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LycaNinja View Post
There aren't any wings at all... I don't see what you are referring to... Why would they make Flying weak to Poison and resistant of Ice? Makes not sense considering Flying is super effective to Ice...
From me a few weeks ago:

But it could be a coincidence (see post right above yours, LycaNinja, for explanation).
Old May 19th, 2013, 07:18 PM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belldandy View Post
From me a few weeks ago:

But it could be a coincidence (see post right above yours, LycaNinja, for explanation).
That's not a wing xD... It just looks like one when you call it that... I used the picture before to reference that it had to be a new type because it doesn't fit the ones we have now...

Old May 19th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Rivvon
they see me ridin'~they hatin'
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by LycaNinja View Post
I think we've all determined it is a new type... As I said like six times now, Fairy will likely be the Japanese name with Light being the dubbed name.
Why change the name at all for the international release? We already have the Fairy Egg Group. If anything, the Japanese name would be Yousei.

Maybe we'll all be surprised when Sylveon turns out to be the first dual-type Eevee evolution lol xD
Old May 19th, 2013, 07:40 PM
iRyahn

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
They never said it was weak to Fighting attacks. Only two things we know is its Strong against Ice and Weak against Poison.
No Aerilyn is correct.
They tested to see Sylveon's type and figured out it had a weakness to Fighting. They then moved on to see how she faired against Ice, and she did excellent. This would mean Sylveon is weak to Fighting and strong to Ice. The only type that matches this description is Steel, so they decided to see if she was immune to poison to confirm the steel typing. Just because Sylveon was affected by poison does not mean she is weak to it, I am betting she is just neutral to it.

Anyways all they needed to know if she was immune. And she isn't so they found out she is not steel and does not match any current description of typings. I just wish they'd stop stalling and tell us the type already. I don't think they'll keep testing like that though because they found out she isn't Steel and matches no current typings.
Old May 19th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRyahn View Post
No Aerilyn is correct.
They tested to see Sylveon's type and figured out it had a weakness to Fighting. They then moved on to see how she faired against Ice, and she did excellent. This would mean Sylveon is weak to Fighting and strong to Ice. The only type that matches this description is Steel, so they decided to see if she was immune to poison to confirm the steel typing. Just because Sylveon was affected by poison does not mean she is weak to it, I am betting she is just neutral to it.

Anyways all they needed to know if she was immune. And she isn't so they found out she is not steel and does not match any current description of typings. I just wish they'd stop stalling and tell us the type already. I don't think they'll keep testing like that though because they found out she isn't Steel and matches no current typings.

There were Play by Play translations posted on Pokejungle:

They tested to see if she was fighting type. She failed to break the blocks so they said she wasn't fighting type. Nothing was said about her being weak to fighting type. They then had her break ice. She managed to do that so she was strong vs Ice. They tested to see if she were steel type and had her sniff a flower. She couldn't stand the smell of the flower so they said she was weak to Poison.

Quote:
  • The hosts are testing which types Sylveon fits… what could it be?!
  • The hosts tested to see if Sylveon was Fighting – she failed.
  • Next they tested to see if she was strong against ice – she was!
  • She was strong against Ice, so they tested if she was Steel by attacking her with poison type – She wasn’t resistant to it, in fact, it was super-effective against her!
So far its only Ice is weak to Sylveon while Sylveon is weak to Poison.
Old May 20th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

Nature: Lax
Just going to ask this, but how does the person not being able to stand the smell of the flower indicate a weakness to Poison? If anything, that seems more like a weakness to Grass to me if the aroma wasn't good. I mean, we have moves like Aromatherapy that are Grass type for a reason. That'd awkwardly make more of an argument for a Rock type, but I really don't see that either. I mean in reality it'll more than likely be a new type sadly, but who knows.

Old May 20th, 2013, 09:27 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

I have it figured out. Sylveon is a BLANK type.

Cue the applause.

Cyclone

Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.
Old May 20th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
@Cyclone, LOL, that fits it entirely. xD
Old May 20th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Speaking of Blank type, how about a typeless type? An unclassified on. That could be anything. Any type or type of new one.
Old May 20th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Caramel-O
Umbreon Master

Nature: Calm
I think from its form and color and also its Vampire's Teeths, Its may be Poison/Sound Type .. maybe =D
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:06 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Well if you look at it's colour then you could guess it could be Poison type. Maybe a Poison/Flying type can also be assumed
Old May 21st, 2013, 01:09 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Well if you look at it's colour then you could guess it could be Poison type. Maybe a Poison/Flying type can also be assumed
This means it would be the first eeveelution with a dual type...
And i'm not sure why we keep talking about "old" types, since with the Smash
special and what we found out about its strengths and weaknesses, it basically HAS to be a new type

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links