The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Pick a starter.
Chespin 322 30.96%
Fennekin 536 51.54%
Froakie 295 28.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1040. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:41 AM
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

Advertise here
We don't want another Fire/Fighting. We want Fire/Psychic instead!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304577

Be sure to check the last page!

Credit for this sig goes to Ash`, credit for my avatar goes to The Epic Pikachu from Tumblr
Old May 21st, 2013, 01:06 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Since at least one starter get's only one type even when it evolves I am not so sure all of the evolutions will have dual types like you drawn
Why can't they all have a dual type?
Look at Gen4: Fire/Fighting, Water/Steel and Grass/Ground
Of course this only happened once before, but it is possible

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 21st, 2013, 03:04 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
You just had to think Fennekin was going to evolve into a Fire/Fighting didn't you?

Going ahead and merging this with the Starter Pokémon thread, but if you want to share your art work then make sure and check out the Art Gallery forum.
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:50 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I really don't see Fennekin becoming a Fire/Fighting type. They could easily make it bipedal through evolutions, but I personally don't see it happening. I feel like a Fighting type on all fours is almost weird. Plus from all the attacks they were demonstrating with it it definitely looks like Fennekin is going to be part Psychic.
Old May 21st, 2013, 06:03 AM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Since at least one starter get's only one type even when it evolves I am not so sure all of the evolutions will have dual types like you drawn. I only liked your Chespike. Looks like a real Boss. And just like Lyca said we should pray for a fire type starter not to become a Fighting type again when it evolves
There's no confirmed mono-type starter final evo... Where'd you get that from...?

Old May 21st, 2013, 06:23 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
I really don't see Fennekin becoming a Fire/Fighting type. They could easily make it bipedal through evolutions, but I personally don't see it happening. I feel like a Fighting type on all fours is almost weird. Plus from all the attacks they were demonstrating with it it definitely looks like Fennekin is going to be part Psychic.
No one saw Tepig evolving into Fire/Fighting. When Emboar was shown majority of fans were 100% sure it was Fire/dark.

I do not mind another Fire/Fighting. Its a great type combo.

Ghost, Psychic, and Dragon are the only three types I can't see being as starters. Don't see them making one starter immune to another either so no fighting and ghost appearing and no psychic and dark appearing. Weakness and resistance on the other hand I can see. 1starter becoming neutral to the other two I can see as well. But making one starter immune to another doesn't fit with the general veiw of starter sets.

Also we still don't know what the attack was. It could have been Snarl that Fennekin used or some sound attack, or a ghost attack. I mean everyone thought Froakie's attack was a fighting attack, but its most likely Quick Attack since we found out Froakie learns Quick Attack which ruins the support for the innitial sub type speculation.
Old May 21st, 2013, 06:29 AM
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
Yaa maybe they make fennekin's final evo bipedal and make her fire/fight..
Old May 21st, 2013, 07:36 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
There's still controversy over Fennekin being Fire/Fighting? I mean, it's a possibility sure; but I suppose for the ease of mind, that it's better if it's probably not. Reason being is that Fire/Fighting doesn't really offer anything unique. It's a great typing, sure, but at the same time, it's just...well, usually the same thing every time?

Every fire/fighting starter to this date has pretty much served the same purpose; except their stats are shifted. Their purpose was more or less to be a heavy offense fighter. I'd just like to see some deviation from this is all, personally.
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:07 AM
MarinoKadame

Then surprise Fennekin end up Fire/Fairy.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:35 AM
shubham2207

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoKadame View Post
are foxes related to fairy? Make it evil atleast, as fennec foxes are nocturnal. Fire/dark would rock..!
Old May 21st, 2013, 09:59 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoKadame View Post
An interesting typing for sure~! Assuming Fairy resists dragons (which I don't remember what it resists or what it's weak to completely, but yeah), then Fennekin would at least be able to have a chance to switch in against them. Though sad to say, it won't be doing much because of it's Fire typing...unless Fairy attacks do neutral damage to Dragons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham2207 View Post
are foxes related to fairy? Make it evil atleast, as fennec foxes are nocturnal. Fire/dark would rock..!
It'd be nice to have a Fire/Dark, seeing as we haven't really had one since Houndoom. n_n
Old May 21st, 2013, 10:51 AM
Hidden Power

I liked more of Chespin. Fennekin is a close second.
Old May 21st, 2013, 03:13 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
How about Fennekin evolves into Fire/Steel? It's a pretty good combo (imo) and is unique(with only Heatran having it), that way we get the best of both worlds?
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:38 PM
shubham2207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
How about Fennekin evolves into Fire/Steel? It's a pretty good combo (imo) and is unique(with only Heatran having it), that way we get the best of both worlds?
eh? That means gf makes fennekin a robofox?
Old May 21st, 2013, 06:44 PM
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Robofox..?

/shudders

Much prefer to idea of Fire/Psychic, Fire/Dark or Fire/Fairy; though, I don't think tossing the "new type" on a starter is the best way to get everyone involved with the new type itself.

Though, coming from Ragnarok, I can definitely see it fitting:

or

Are fairy kinda. I would think it'd be cute to see Fennekin's final evo' involve bells. Might even justify a Ghost Type (think: Clear Bell (@ Ekruteak, Ghost Gym)[/url]
My Trade Thread
Breedject Sign-Up Thread
Friend Safari: Munna, Gothorita, Espurr
Native Scatterbugs: Polar, Ocean, Sun
Old May 21st, 2013, 07:23 PM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
An interesting typing for sure~! Assuming Fairy resists dragons (which I don't remember what it resists or what it's weak to completely, but yeah), then Fennekin would at least be able to have a chance to switch in against them. Though sad to say, it won't be doing much because of it's Fire typing...unless Fairy attacks do neutral damage to Dragons.

It'd be nice to have a Fire/Dark, seeing as we haven't really had one since Houndoom. n_n
Fairy-type is SE to Dragons in the information...

An interesting combo for speculation of Chespin being Grass/Rock type

Chespin Evo: Grass/Rock
Fennekin: Fire/Fighting
Froakie: Water/Flying

That's likely since GameFreak won't stop making the same fire starter...

I doubt any of them will become a new type as they evolve, unless we have three new types...

Old May 21st, 2013, 11:05 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Quote:
Originally Posted by LycaNinja View Post
Chespin Evo: Grass/Rock
Fennekin: Fire/Fighting
Froakie: Water/Flying

That's likely since GameFreak won't stop making the same fire starter...
That's my only real hope for the new starters, that Fennekin doesn't become another Fire/Fighting...
The other combos are fine, i especially love the theory about Chespin's evo being part Rock type :D

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 21st, 2013, 11:37 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

I don't even think Fire/Fighting for Fennekin would be that bad, as long as it deviates from the traditional stat spread that the three previous Fire/Fighting Pokemon have been getting. Which, sad to say, isn't really too likely at this point. .__.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 12:09 AM
shubham2207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I don't even think Fire/Fighting for Fennekin would be that bad, as long as it deviates from the traditional stat spread that the three previous Fire/Fighting Pokemon have been getting. Which, sad to say, isn't really too likely at this point. .__.
if gf is gunna make fennekin fire/fight, then make it a defensive pokemon. I really loved scrafty. He had great movepool and a gud ability, moxie.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 02:07 AM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

I am going to get Chespin. It looks goofy as heck!
Old May 22nd, 2013, 02:49 AM
Okazaki~Tomoya
A place were dreams come true

Nature: Quiet
Can't decide really dont know enough about them let me see stage 2 and 3 forms and then i'll give my verdict!
Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:00 AM
mikhaild
Student

Tbh, i think unova has the best set of starters (putting in consideration ONLY their first stages). Its kinda hard for me to like chespin, but i see myself using him more than i see myself using odd froakie (which i think is not as bad as how other people make it seem jsyk) fennekin is just the way to go, and this will be my first time playing with a fire starter!! But oftentimes i choose at the basis of how the pokemon will look in their final stages tho
Trade Shoppe | On Hiatus
Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:11 AM
Krookodile777
Togepi

Yeah making them evolve into half new types like Fire/Fairy would be great

The information I read (That came from a source who correctly gave the names of 4 new pokemon before they were officially released) had also mentioned a few other new types

I think there was like, Sound type, Cosmic, and Magic in addition to Fairy

I think Fairy & Magic were possibly the same type and I confused something though

So what if....

Fennekin : Fire/Fairy
Froaki : Water/Cosmic
Chespin : Grass/Sound

& Really, the problem with another Fire/Fighting starter is that well.... Blaziken has obsoleted all other Fire/Fighting pokemon in existance by having Speed boost as an ability option. Infernape & Emboar are strictly inferior because Blaziken has that and they don't.

So if Fennekin does end up /Fighting, then it needs to either have Speed boost, or some other insanely powerful ability

Like maybe, Wonder guard, or Moxie, or at least Sturdy... or SOMETHING that is a very useful ability you know?

Or AT LEAST an insane base speed like 130 + a high attack or sp attack like 110+, if it must have a bland ability like the powers up fire type moves when low HP you know? Otherwise it would just be inferior to Blaziken like the others.

Check this link out :
http://pokebeach.com/2013/05/suppose...er-information

Seemingly reliable info says it will be :
Fire/Psychic
Grass/Dark
Water/Fighting

Which is like my idea only probably better, because technically fighting isn't weak to ghost, ghosts are just immune to them

Also better because the way they did it makes it so that none of the starters are actually weak to another one, their 2nd types rule out their 1st types weakness to the other starter

Like, Fire Fennekin would be doomed against Water Froakie, but half psychic Fennekin dooms half fighting Froakie right back, and half fighting froakie dooms half grass chespin, half dark chespin dooms half psychic fennekin, and so forth. So if true, that's actually really great

Also if it's true, Chespins evolution may well resemble my drawing! :D

More info
http://pokebeach.com/2013/05/last-of...er-information

https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&...15-61212-99488
Or 15-61212-99488 (Watch on your DS)
(^Good battle video of mine)

Last edited by Krookodile777; May 22nd, 2013 at 03:44 AM.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:37 AM
Hoenn
Asylum
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I think if they're going to introduce a type, it will only be the single type and I doubt any of the starters will gain that as a second type.

Old May 22nd, 2013, 04:49 AM
Creame
Dreams take you higher ♥

Nature: Jolly
At first I really, really didn't like Froakie.. But the more I look at all the starters the harder my decision gets.. I am still leaning towards Fennekin though..

Eeveelutions ♥
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here