Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 19th, 2013 (02:07 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by JayTheKing:
Maybe something that has to do with the fairy type or how you evolve eevee to sylveon
It would be interesting if it serves the function of the ice rock or the moss rock for those Eeveelutions.

Speaking of, the ice rock is likely near the snow town. Kinda obvious tho.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 19th, 2013 (02:24 PM).
aonshinzo
TheCoolestTentacool

Nature: Docile
Speaking of important locations where you reckon we'll find Xerneas and Yveltal?
Old May 19th, 2013 (02:31 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Someone suggested the orange mushrooms or something for Xerneas, and Yveltal is a flying legendary of some type, so perhaps in the mountain with the clouds?

Of course, since they will be version exclusive, I'll reckon they will appear at the same spot regardless in the story. Unless each game has different areas become available.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 19th, 2013 (04:10 PM).
Blue
c'est la vie
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by aonshinzo:
Speaking of important locations where you reckon we'll find Xerneas and Yveltal?
Hopefully they're not just plonked in the middle of a Route in which the battle is activated by simply walking up to them and pressing the A button.
Old May 19th, 2013 (04:39 PM).
MarquisPhantom

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
Hopefully they're not just plonked in the middle of a Route in which the battle is activated by simply walking up to them and pressing the A button.
I just imagined after some event, maybe with the evil organization a cutscene with Yveltal flying over the protagonist while on a certain route wanting you to follow it.
Old May 19th, 2013 (09:52 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
That'll actually be kind of cool to see, the cutscene in the middle of the route, not the catching in the middle of a route while standing still like a certain group of Pokemon in B2W2.
I wonder if that isolated island with the cave may be the villainous hideout, it'll be nice to get a non building hideout for the first time since Magma's in Emerald, or maybe another vehicle like in B2W2.
Old May 20th, 2013 (02:02 AM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Quote originally posted by aonshinzo:
I would love for Yveltal to be at the top of a huge mountain, flying over it's peak.
Getting to the top would trigger a cutscene where Yveltal lands and "attacks" the player.

Xerneas should be hidden in some kind of magic forest. Maybe a part where the is a lake as well?
A cutscene would trigger as well, and Xerneas would come towards you, jumping between trees

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 21st, 2013 (06:41 AM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Honestly if anything I'd expect to see them in that purple crystalline location. That seems more like a mystical place for a legendary Pokémon to be instead of something to do with a new type.
Old May 21st, 2013 (06:43 AM).
aonshinzo
TheCoolestTentacool

Normally title legends are in the same location but maybe they'll change this time around considering how these two contrast each other.
Old May 21st, 2013 (08:24 AM).
Bluerang1
pin pin

A royal theme is very evident with all the castles and all. I wonder if they'll be an actual monarchy. Sounds like the rumors about B2W2 long ago.

I don't like the integration of elements from other European countries. They could have based it on future regions based on those other countries like England!
Old May 21st, 2013 (09:08 AM).
Community Supporter

Tbh the region is still quite french in origin, it doesn't seem to have much outside European influence, which is how I wanted it.
Also by the look of the map there doesn't seem to be a version exclusive area this time like with BW, nor an extralink like place...unless the crystal is the extralink version for this generation.
Old May 21st, 2013 (09:43 AM).
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
Tbh the region is still quite french in origin, it doesn't seem to have much outside European influence, which is how I wanted it.
Also by the look of the map there doesn't seem to be a version exclusive area this time like with BW, nor an extralink like place...unless the crystal is the extralink version for this generation.
The entralink (or something very similar) might be accessible from all Pokemon Centers now.

Like what happened with the global trade station in the transition from the 4th gen to 5th gen.

They probably won't want to give as much focus on older innovations. It just becomes expected/the norm.
Old May 21st, 2013 (03:10 PM).
Community Supporter

I guess that could work too. I sort of wanted version exclusive locations...however this would make it easier for the third version if there's one as they won't have to pick which location to keep, or add a new incompatible location with the other two.
Old May 22nd, 2013 (08:40 AM).
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Quote originally posted by CycloneGU:
Someone suggested the orange mushrooms or something for Xerneas, and Yveltal is a flying legendary of some type, so perhaps in the mountain with the clouds?

Of course, since they will be version exclusive, I'll reckon they will appear at the same spot regardless in the story. Unless each game has different areas become available.

Cyclone
That someone would be me... I have the picture of where the legendaries are most likely to appear...

Spoiler:

Top Left: Mewtwo or Z-Legend
Top Right: Yveltal
Bottom Right: Xerneas

It's likely you will try to stop the team from taking the opposite legend (Go to the forest on Y and the mountain on X) and then they get away or something. After that, you go to the opposite (Mountain in Y and forest in X) and the legendary challenges you to see if you are worthy of helping them get the other legendary Pokemon back.

I didn't know where to post this so I'm posting it everywhere...
Spoiler:

"Someone on /vp/ pointed this out. Kalos may be directly north of Unova in the Pokemon world. This could all be a coincidence, but note how the rivers in north Unova and south Kalos more or less match up. And the mountainous area near the Pokemon League in Unova matches up to the mountainous southern Kalos. Since Gen 5 was a reboot, could Gen 6 allow us to visit Unova? Again this could all be a coincidence, especially due to route numbers having been reset, but it's at the very least interesting speculation."

Old May 22nd, 2013 (03:29 PM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Maybe it's just me but I'm kind of expecting Xerneas and Yveltal to be found in the same location. It's pretty much guaranteed (although yes they can go against this) that they're going to be version exclusives, so if they're found in different places then that leaves one location almost useless. Of course, they could take the road of GSC and have both cover legends available, so who knows.

I don't really think the circle of Yveltal looks like anywhere that a legendary would be. If anything, I'd probably expect something to be at the Stonehenge look-a-like, since that's associated with mystery and legends.
Old May 22nd, 2013 (06:14 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by Jake♫:
Maybe it's just me but I'm kind of expecting Xerneas and Yveltal to be found in the same location. It's pretty much guaranteed (although yes they can go against this) that they're going to be version exclusives, so if they're found in different places then that leaves one location almost useless. Of course, they could take the road of GSC and have both cover legends available, so who knows.
I hope they do both, but I think they only did it then because there was a second half of the game, and the second legendary would be challenged after that when your Pokémon are at absurdly high levels. Of course, I just trekked up the Ecruteak tower and chucked a Master Ball at Ho-oh. Mission accomplished.

As for why they could put them in two locations: one location hosts evil team story plot after all badges obtained; other location hosts legendary after evil team encounter. The locations of the events swap, but the legendary is consistent with the area. It would be nice if the second legendary is available post-E4 so trading isn't needed, but they won't do that.

Cyclone

Old May 22nd, 2013 (07:00 PM).
Community Supporter

Hopefully they'll allow all box legends in the game like in the GSCEHgSs.
The Yvetal circle looks like it could be the Pokegrave yard so probably something else.
Old May 22nd, 2013 (07:23 PM).
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Hopefully they'll allow all box legends in the game like in the GSCEHgSs.
The Yvetal circle looks like it could be the Pokegrave yard so probably something else.
Someone said they thought Xerneas was a Light/Ground and Yveltal was a Dark/Flying and pointed out the ruin as Yveltal was like Death and Xerneas was like life...

Old May 22nd, 2013 (07:33 PM).
Community Supporter

I think xerneas will be part Grass and new type. Anyways the Death and Life theme is just speculation. Maybe an item will be in the grave for Yvetal but I think that Yvetal may also be in the mountain as mountains can represent both death/danger and height.
Old May 22nd, 2013 (08:05 PM).
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

I think xerneas will be part Grass and new type. Anyways the Death and Life theme is just speculation. Maybe an item will be in the grave for Yvetal but I think that Yvetal may also be in the mountain as mountains can represent both death/danger and height.
Like I said... It's speculation for speculation...

Maybe an item will be in the locations I circled for the legendaries' locations, but they show up in the mountain.

Old May 23rd, 2013 (05:29 PM).
Yamiidenryuu

People keep pointing out that crystal thing as a mysterious location, but am I the only one who thinks it's just a gym building or something? It looks like it has a Pokeball symbol on it, in yellow.

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Old May 23rd, 2013 (05:45 PM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote originally posted by Yamiidenryuu:
People keep pointing out that crystal thing as a mysterious location, but am I the only one who thinks it's just a gym building or something? It looks like it has a Pokeball symbol on it, in yellow.
That's what I was thinking. The pink crystalline looks more like a gym with a yellow Pokéball etching on it than anything else in my opinion.

As for the locations of Yveltal and Xerneas, I was thinking, what if they created two version exclusive areas similar to the Black City and White Forest? One could be a highly elevated location for Yveltal and the other a mystical forest where Xerneas is hidden.

I know I've been one to admit that I wasn't very fond of the exclusive areas in B/W/B2/W2, but in terms of the legendary mascot's locations, I could see this working out well enough.
Old May 24th, 2013 (10:36 AM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by Aerilyn:
That's what I was thinking. The pink crystalline looks more like a gym with a yellow Pokéball etching on it than anything else in my opinion.

As for the locations of Yveltal and Xerneas, I was thinking, what if they created two version exclusive areas similar to the Black City and White Forest? One could be a highly elevated location for Yveltal and the other a mystical forest where Xerneas is hidden.

I know I've been one to admit that I wasn't very fond of the exclusive areas in B/W/B2/W2, but in terms of the legendary mascot's locations, I could see this working out well enough.
I'm thinking this could work? But what if....what if they were in their own caves, kind of like R/S/E, y'know? Going by the assumption that an R/S/E remake won't be existing anytime soon (if at all), they could at least revive some of the elements there and make the legendary mascots for this generation appear in a similar form that Kyogre and Groudon did, at least?

...On second thought, though, this does seem rather hard to imagine. .-.
Old May 25th, 2013 (06:22 AM).
Ineedausername123

Nature: Timid
Just a little speculation here, but looking at the map, it looks like Unova and Kalos could be connected like Kanto and Johto are. Any one else agree?
Old May 25th, 2013 (06:34 AM).
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Quote originally posted by Ineedausername123:
Just a little speculation here, but looking at the map, it looks like Unova and Kalos could be connected like Kanto and Johto are. Any one else agree?
Since there is a lot of talk about how GEN V is basically an analogue to GEN I, then it would stand to reason that they'd pull a Kanto/Johto and indeed make the two regions connected, since this GEN VI would supposedly be an analogue to GEN II. But it doesn't make sense to allow players to return to Unova after 4 previous games centered around the region, now does it?

You know those map similiarities weren't accidental. Gamefreak loves playing these head games! Urgh! They better not have us go back to Unova so soon. It is so unlikely that we'd return there in X/Y anyway, since Kalos is so big. But there is always the possibility that its sequel (Z? haha) could allow you to return to Unova.....bleh. People are saying that it's not possible since Unova is supposed to be based on NYC, but people also forget that this is the Pokemon World, not our world. GF can do whatever it wants. Especially since the games have already indicated that there is an America and South America. There were no mentions that Unova was in either of those places in game.....so who knows.

Sponsored Links