< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Fan Clubs & Groups The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

 
 
Thread Tools
  #3801    
Old May 15th, 2013 (6:21 AM).
Inkblots's Avatar
Inkblots Inkblots is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVida View Post
I bet that must be a struggle to deal with. You know, I always thought that it is not so important to come out to one's family. Maybe, you could keep it to yourself a while longer until you feel more confident in coming out.

By the way, on a small note, I used to think that I was an aromantic ace as well until I got my first boyfriend. A little bit later, I figured out that I liked girls as well so yeah... I kinda went from asexual -> heterosexual -> bisexual... who knows, what happens next? :D
It's important to me that they know at some point. They have kind of noticed that I've never had a boyfriend... But they never bring it up, except to joke about it in situations where it's really not a good time for me to tell them (like at big family gatherings). If they ever ask me about it, I'll tell them, but otherwise, I'm probably going to wait until I move out in the next year or so, just because maybe then they'll stop thinking of me as a kid. What really killed the whole coming out plan was that episode of House with the ace couple. I'd finally gotten up the courage to do it, and then I heard that House was doing an episode on it, and I figured "Okay, right after the episode, that'll be the perfect time. I can see how they react to the idea of asexuality, and if they seem cool with it, I'll tell them."

HAHA NOPE

One's asexuality is being caused by a tumour, the other's lying about it. Fantastic. Coming out will go over really well now.

I have tried to bring up the topic of asexuals casually in conversation though, just to test the waters, and sort of plant the idea in their heads. I usually just get met with a look of "seriously? sounds like bull to me." :/

Relevant Advertising!

  #3802    
Old May 17th, 2013 (8:48 AM). Edited May 17th, 2013 by LaVida.
LaVida's Avatar
LaVida LaVida is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Vienna
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Posts: 105
Today (May 17), it's International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia.

In my town, most of the trams have been carrying a rainbow flag all week. That's pretty sweet.

By the way, what do you do about people who don't believe in your sexuality (in my case, it's bisexuality)? I just had someone telling me (after stating that I'm bisexual) that there is no such thing. Pretty rude, huh.
Pokémon Fan since the beginning.
  #3803    
Old May 17th, 2013 (9:12 AM).
Shining Raichu's Avatar
Shining Raichu Shining Raichu is offline
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 9,050
Bisexuality is generally the most common sexuality to deal with this, I think. It's because there are so many people who use bisexuality as a way to gradually phase in the idea that they're gay, and also so many ****ty 15-year-old girls who say they're bisexual so they can kiss each other to turn on boys, that people start to question whether the sexuality is legitimate at all. It's a case of some people ruining it for everybody.

It's not right, it's absolutely not OK, but I do understand why people might think that. It's just a matter of educating them, as frustrating as that might be

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

  #3804    
Old May 17th, 2013 (10:33 AM).
Kiriyuuki Kasuna's Avatar
Kiriyuuki Kasuna Kiriyuuki Kasuna is offline
&lt;b&gt;&lt;i&gt;&lt;font color=&quot;#979C1F&quot;&gt;Insert Purpose of Meaning&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/b&gt;
Gold TierCS
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 394
I'm Bi and I feel very offended to the fact that 15 year old girls simply use the term as a means to just freaking turn on a guy, it's pure bs imo. If you wanted a guy, just get him as you are not by kissing another girl just so they'd be into you, especially for the wrong reasons--if there may be. Heck they disgrace all others who are Bisexual and are ACTUALLY into both sexes/all sexualities.

Now my venting is done, and I agree with Shining Raichu it's just simply a matter of educating no matter what the frustrations follow and no matter how density or thick-skullednesses.


btw SR, I miss your old sig lol.
" I Want You to Need me, could you do that for me? "

~Mei Aihara, CITRUS BY SABURO UTA


Partner N'Crime
BATTLE SERVER!
PC Family
Pair(s)
THE UNDERGROUND
  #3805    
Old May 17th, 2013 (10:49 AM).
Esper's Avatar
Esper Esper is online now
my user title got ate :(
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Posts: 8,670
I wouldn't be too hard on the young girls. They may just be taking advantage of a socially acceptable way in which to experiment with their sexuality. We don't know if any of them are straight, bi, gay, or anything else. I'd rather that they did that than they stay completely heteronormative. It's like what Andy said, we have to educate the people who don't understand that there are bisexual people. They're the ones who need help.

team rowlet もふう!
  #3806    
Old May 17th, 2013 (6:35 PM). Edited May 17th, 2013 by Inkblots.
Inkblots's Avatar
Inkblots Inkblots is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVida View Post
Today (May 17), it's International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia.

In my town, most of the trams have been carrying a rainbow flag all week. That's pretty sweet.

By the way, what do you do about people who don't believe in your sexuality (in my case, it's bisexuality)? I just had someone telling me (after stating that I'm bisexual) that there is no such thing. Pretty rude, huh.
This happens a lot to aces too. We're told that (a) there's something medically wrong with us (b) we're just "late bloomers", or (c) it's an excuse to cover up for the fact that we can't get a date. One of the things that I've noticed has worked when logic and reason fails is, first, don't get too defensive about it. If possible - and I know it sounds mean, but hey, they're invalidating you, and that's pretty douchey - act like they're a complete moron for not believing that your sexuality exists. Give them a completely incredulous "Really? You seriously think this doesn't exist?" Be patronizing and dismissive. Act like they're the first person you've ever met who doesn't believe you. If you make it seem like you've encountered the arguments they're presenting before, then they will (usually uncounsciously) take this as evidence that there are other people who believe the same as they do, and that therefore, they are right and you are wrong.

Most people like to think they're the smartest and most knowledgeable person in the room. The more you try to argue with them, the more they're going to argue back just for the sake of winning the argument and proving themselves right (even if, through the course of the argument, they realize they're wrong). It's tricky, but often the best way to get them to come around is to make them doubt their own argument by acting as though it's so ridiculous, it isn't even worth your time to respond, rather than to actually prove them wrong. You want them to come to the conclusion that they're wrong on their own, so they don't come to resent you and cement their belief even further just out of spite.
  #3807    
Old May 20th, 2013 (7:31 AM).
FenrirDarkWolf's Avatar
FenrirDarkWolf FenrirDarkWolf is offline
Water Musician Fenrir
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 140
...I realize now, that, I have very few straight friends.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
  #3808    
Old May 20th, 2013 (7:56 AM).
Shining Raichu's Avatar
Shining Raichu Shining Raichu is offline
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 9,050
If we're talking about friends that we see on a regular basis, I only have one straight one lol. The majority of my friends these days are made up of gay guys. Outside of them, my existing friends consisted of one bisexual girl and one straight girl lol

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

  #3809    
Old May 20th, 2013 (9:13 AM).
Inkblots's Avatar
Inkblots Inkblots is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Posts: 144
I'm totally the opposite. All my friends are straight (as far as I know) except for two, haha XD
  #3810    
Old May 20th, 2013 (6:48 PM).
Rai's Avatar
Rai Rai is offline
Misao <3
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Another World
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Impish
Posts: 4,433
Send a message via AIM to Rai
My friends are a total mixture. Some are gay, some are straight and some are bi. It is all over the place when it comes to my friend's sexuality.
  #3811    
Old May 20th, 2013 (6:57 PM).
Jasper's Avatar
Jasper Jasper is offline
C'mere, brat
 
Join Date: May 2011
Nature: Brave
Posts: 1,757
Most of my friends are straight, but there are like 3 bisexual ones and then I'm the only fully gay one in the group. :( I'm surrounded by half pints and nonfats (I'm whole milk)
  #3812    
Old May 20th, 2013 (7:18 PM).
Esper's Avatar
Esper Esper is online now
my user title got ate :(
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Posts: 8,670
I don't actually know for sure what some of my friends' sexualities are. One of them, I think, might be asexual (or demisexual) and another friend who once said she was bisexual I suspect might just be gay, but to be honest, it doesn't really matter to me and I'm not going to ask them if they're not going to bring it up themselves.

team rowlet もふう!
  #3813    
Old May 20th, 2013 (7:24 PM).
voltianqueen's Avatar
voltianqueen voltianqueen is offline
WITH SEAWATER
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TN
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 181
I like to joke that "everyone I touch ends up gay." It seems to be...pretty accurate... o_o

No really though, my friends and even siblings are pretty varied when it comes to sexualities. I do have one friend in particular that I'm afraid to tell about the girl I'm talking to, though :V
CHARMELEON! WAR-TOR-TLE
  #3814    
Old May 20th, 2013 (7:36 PM).
Rai's Avatar
Rai Rai is offline
Misao <3
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Another World
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Impish
Posts: 4,433
Send a message via AIM to Rai
Since we are talking about gay/straight/bi people we know, what about relatives?

My older brother is gay. I think we both got a gay gene from my dad because we have different moms but the same father.
  #3815    
Old May 20th, 2013 (8:23 PM).
Somniac's Avatar
Somniac Somniac is offline
Probably sleeping.
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: united kingdom
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
Most of my friends are straight, but there are like 3 bisexual ones and then I'm the only fully gay one in the group. :( I'm surrounded by half pints and nonfats (I'm whole milk)
I absolutely love that I can now no longer see people buying milk without giggling at them, thanks.
Also, fullfat is the best milk. blue/red caps can go stuff itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltianqueen View Post
I like to joke that "everyone I touch ends up gay." It seems to be...pretty accurate... o_o

No really though, my friends and even siblings are pretty varied when it comes to sexualities. I do have one friend in particular that I'm afraid to tell about the girl I'm talking to, though :V
Weirdly enough, In my social group in highschool I was the first to come out as lesbian [or so i thought back then] then like 2 of my closest guy friends both cam out within a year. That and I was the first gay experience for 2 of my closest female friends. I swear they're just like "I wonder what being a lesbians like... hey Kitty's gay... 'Oi, Kitty come here a second..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Since we are talking about gay/straight/bi people we know, what about relatives?

My older brother is gay. I think we both got a gay gene from my dad because we have different moms but the same father.
I have no siblings, but my girlfriend has 3 brothers. One brother is asexual, and one is gay. My GF is bi so that means only one of their children is straight. The entire family is lovely though, and I get on really well with all of them which is wonderful.
  #3816    
Old May 21st, 2013 (5:08 AM).
Inkblots's Avatar
Inkblots Inkblots is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Since we are talking about gay/straight/bi people we know, what about relatives?

My older brother is gay. I think we both got a gay gene from my dad because we have different moms but the same father.
One of those two friends I mentioned is actually my cousin. Or, well... my cousin's daughter. I have one other lesbian cousin, and one uncle who might be gay, or ace (he's in his 60's, never married, never had a girlfriend or showed any interest in women, but did live with another man for several years). I don't want to make any assumptions, but my mom is pretty sure he's gay.

It seems like a lot, especially considering these are all on my mom's side of the family, but isn't actually that surprising when you find out my mom came from a farming family with 11 brothers and sisters, and there are now over 100 people in the family, haha. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple more non-straight relatives popped up on her side.
  #3817    
Old May 21st, 2013 (2:30 PM).
FenrirDarkWolf's Avatar
FenrirDarkWolf FenrirDarkWolf is offline
Water Musician Fenrir
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 140
Apparently my mom has a gay cousin. I suspect my sister may be asexual because she never seems to want any sort romantic relationship.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
  #3818    
Old May 22nd, 2013 (4:53 PM).
Erik Destler Erik Destler is offline
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: texas
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 3,399
My uncle on my father's side was gay. He contracted the HIV virus during the late 80s and died in 94.
I have a gay cousin on my mom's side, but he was adopted.
And, I think I have a former gay cousin on my dad's side, but I have no idea about that. My dad told me about him, but who knows?

Hi, y'all, btw :B
JOIN THE CHAT!
Paired with Hiroshi Sotomura and Cherrim
Tumblr / IG / Twitter
  #3819    
Old May 22nd, 2013 (5:08 PM).
Harley Quinn's Avatar
Harley Quinn Harley Quinn is offline
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,081
I'm pretty sure I'm the only gay in like 300 years in my family, possibly the first gay ever. I'm so special.
I'm doing science and I'm still alive!
I feel fantastic and I'm still alive!
While you're dying I'll be still alive!
And when you're dead I will be still alive!
Still alive! Still alive.
- GLaDOS (Portal, 2007)
  #3820    
Old May 22nd, 2013 (5:38 PM).
Nakuzami's Avatar
Nakuzami Nakuzami is online now
Children of Time
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ylisse
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 5,415
I'm not sure, but I think my mom told me that she and my sister are bi when I first came out to her. :L I'm still not sure if I heard her right. xD

My step-sister is bi. Her best friend moved in with us and now they're in a super lesbian relationship. Pfft.

My mom says that she thinks that my oldest brother on my dad's side might be gay. I've never met him, though. :|

No doubt there's more somewhere. I have family across the country, and there's a lot of them and they're all pretty accepting of that kind of stuff, so I wouldn't doubt it.

EVI

this is a secret
  #3821    
Old May 22nd, 2013 (8:18 PM). Edited May 22nd, 2013 by Alice.
Alice's Avatar
Alice Alice is offline
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oregon
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Careful
Posts: 3,081
Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
Everyone in my family is very religious, so I doubt anyone else would have come out, even if they were gay. I may be the first. I don't even know of any family members other than my dad who isn't diehard Christian.

Side note... trying to go vegetarian has proved far more difficult than coming out as gay, lol. My mom is making a huge deal over it, and she hardly even seemed to care that I was gay, even though that basically translates into "Mom, I'm going to hell." in her mind.
  #3822    
Old May 23rd, 2013 (12:43 PM).
Jasper's Avatar
Jasper Jasper is offline
C'mere, brat
 
Join Date: May 2011
Nature: Brave
Posts: 1,757
Well, my aunt's gay. I had a gay uncle but he passed around 3 years ago (AIDS). That's all I know of. I think my brother might be gay.

I know it sounds silly but if my brother IS gay, I don't want him stealing my thunder if he comes out :(
  #3823    
Old May 23rd, 2013 (1:25 PM).
dcjboi's Avatar
dcjboi dcjboi is offline
With Quiet Courage
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In between Heaven and Earth
Nature: Timid
Posts: 420
Send a message via Skype™ to dcjboi
Ummm. I just wanted to stop by in this forum to say I love listening to what everyone shares with the community about their experiences and hope that one day, the LGBTS community will be accepted as a norm throughout the world (although it's a lot to ask for).

  #3824    
Old May 25th, 2013 (5:18 PM).
Phantom's Avatar
Phantom Phantom is offline
Uh, I didn't do it
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Posts: 1,139
Awww, ain't dat nice.

I have one gay uncle...

That's it I think. I mean, no one I know is out. For the longest time I only had one gay friend, and we weren't even that close. Then I start dating this girl and holy crap there are other gay people.

It's great.
  #3825    
Old May 25th, 2013 (5:49 PM). Edited May 25th, 2013 by Aeon.
Aeon's Avatar
Aeon Aeon is offline
Carrion
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 22
Gender:
Posts: 364
I have a bisexual cousin, but that's just about it for family. I have some gay/bi/pan friends though.

I'm the only transsexual person ever in my family and friend groups though. Dunno how this is going to fly...
 
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:21 AM.


Contact Us Archive Privacy Statement Terms of Service Top