Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old May 20th, 2013 (08:23 PM).
Probably sleeping.
Gold Tier

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by Insomniac:
Most of my friends are straight, but there are like 3 bisexual ones and then I'm the only fully gay one in the group. :( I'm surrounded by half pints and nonfats (I'm whole milk)
I absolutely love that I can now no longer see people buying milk without giggling at them, thanks.
Also, fullfat is the best milk. blue/red caps can go stuff itself.

Quote originally posted by voltianqueen:
I like to joke that "everyone I touch ends up gay." It seems to be...pretty accurate... o_o

No really though, my friends and even siblings are pretty varied when it comes to sexualities. I do have one friend in particular that I'm afraid to tell about the girl I'm talking to, though :V
Weirdly enough, In my social group in highschool I was the first to come out as lesbian [or so i thought back then] then like 2 of my closest guy friends both cam out within a year. That and I was the first gay experience for 2 of my closest female friends. I swear they're just like "I wonder what being a lesbians like... hey Kitty's gay... 'Oi, Kitty come here a second..."

Quote originally posted by Rai:
Since we are talking about gay/straight/bi people we know, what about relatives?

My older brother is gay. I think we both got a gay gene from my dad because we have different moms but the same father.
I have no siblings, but my girlfriend has 3 brothers. One brother is asexual, and one is gay. My GF is bi so that means only one of their children is straight. The entire family is lovely though, and I get on really well with all of them which is wonderful.
Old May 21st, 2013 (05:08 AM).

Nature: Calm
Since we are talking about gay/straight/bi people we know, what about relatives?

My older brother is gay. I think we both got a gay gene from my dad because we have different moms but the same father.
One of those two friends I mentioned is actually my cousin. Or, well... my cousin's daughter. I have one other lesbian cousin, and one uncle who might be gay, or ace (he's in his 60's, never married, never had a girlfriend or showed any interest in women, but did live with another man for several years). I don't want to make any assumptions, but my mom is pretty sure he's gay.

It seems like a lot, especially considering these are all on my mom's side of the family, but isn't actually that surprising when you find out my mom came from a farming family with 11 brothers and sisters, and there are now over 100 people in the family, haha. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple more non-straight relatives popped up on her side.
Old May 21st, 2013 (02:30 PM).
Water Musician Fenrir

Nature: Quirky
Apparently my mom has a gay cousin. I suspect my sister may be asexual because she never seems to want any sort romantic relationship.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Old May 22nd, 2013 (04:53 PM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Naughty
My uncle on my father's side was gay. He contracted the HIV virus during the late 80s and died in 94.
I have a gay cousin on my mom's side, but he was adopted.
And, I think I have a former gay cousin on my dad's side, but I have no idea about that. My dad told me about him, but who knows?

Hi, y'all, btw :B
Old May 22nd, 2013 (05:08 PM).
Crystal Tier

I'm pretty sure I'm the only gay in like 300 years in my family, possibly the first gay ever. I'm so special.
Old May 22nd, 2013 (05:38 PM).
I'm not going home...
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
I'm not sure, but I think my mom told me that she and my sister are bi when I first came out to her. :L I'm still not sure if I heard her right. xD

My step-sister is bi. Her best friend moved in with us and now they're in a super lesbian relationship. Pfft.

My mom says that she thinks that my oldest brother on my dad's side might be gay. I've never met him, though. :|

No doubt there's more somewhere. I have family across the country, and there's a lot of them and they're all pretty accepting of that kind of stuff, so I wouldn't doubt it.

"In our darkest moments, when life flashes before us, we find something; Something that keeps us going. Something that pushes us."

~Lara Croft,
Tomb Raider
Old May 22nd, 2013 (08:18 PM). Edited May 22nd, 2013 by Alice.
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
Everyone in my family is very religious, so I doubt anyone else would have come out, even if they were gay. I may be the first. I don't even know of any family members other than my dad who isn't diehard Christian.

Side note... trying to go vegetarian has proved far more difficult than coming out as gay, lol. My mom is making a huge deal over it, and she hardly even seemed to care that I was gay, even though that basically translates into "Mom, I'm going to hell." in her mind.
Old May 23rd, 2013 (12:43 PM).
It's so overt, it's covert!

Well, my aunt's gay. I had a gay uncle but he passed around 3 years ago (AIDS). That's all I know of. I think my brother might be gay.

I know it sounds silly but if my brother IS gay, I don't want him stealing my thunder if he comes out :(
Old May 23rd, 2013 (01:25 PM).
With Quiet Courage

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to dcjboi
Ummm. I just wanted to stop by in this forum to say I love listening to what everyone shares with the community about their experiences and hope that one day, the LGBTS community will be accepted as a norm throughout the world (although it's a lot to ask for).

Old May 25th, 2013 (05:18 PM).
Uh, I didn't do it
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
Awww, ain't dat nice.

I have one gay uncle...

That's it I think. I mean, no one I know is out. For the longest time I only had one gay friend, and we weren't even that close. Then I start dating this girl and holy crap there are other gay people.

It's great.
Old May 25th, 2013 (05:49 PM). Edited May 25th, 2013 by Aeon.
Carrion
Gold Tier

I have a bisexual cousin, but that's just about it for family. I have some gay/bi/pan friends though.

I'm the only transsexual person ever in my family and friend groups though. Dunno how this is going to fly...
Old May 25th, 2013 (06:04 PM).
bitter gay.
Gold Tier

Nature: Bold
I'm the only gay person in my family as far as I know although years ago there were rumors about one of my cousins being in the closet. I don't think I've talked to him in well over 4 years though so idk. Pretty sure he has a gf.
"And here we tinker with metal, to try to give it a kind of life, and suffer those who would scoff at our efforts. But who's to say that, if intelligence had evolved in some other form in past millennia, the ancestors of these beings would not now scoff at the idea of intelligence residing within meat?"
- Prime Function Aki Zeta-5, "The Fallacies of Self-Awareness"
Old May 25th, 2013 (06:32 PM).
Uh, I didn't do it
Crystal Tier

Oh, and have we not spoken about how awesome Minnesota is?

'Cause it's awesome!
Old May 25th, 2013 (08:38 PM).
I'm not going home...
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Oh, well, not really in my family, but my sister's best friend that lives in the half of the house next to her (it's a duplex with a total of ten bedrooms, and they kind of took it over together, lol) and that a lot of my family considers to be family is bi. I just found that out today, actually, at my twin nieces' third birthday party. She's currently dating a woman, although I have no idea whom. It hardly came as a surprise, though. In fact, when my mom was saying that she "Was playing on my team, on the opposite side" (or something like that), I pretty much just gave a blank stare and said just that: it was hardly surprising. The one we were talking about kind of just laughed, lol.

"In our darkest moments, when life flashes before us, we find something; Something that keeps us going. Something that pushes us."

~Lara Croft,
Tomb Raider
Old May 26th, 2013 (10:18 AM).

Quote originally posted by PhantomX0990:
Oh, and have we not spoken about how awesome Minnesota is?

'Cause it's awesome!
I have a lot of respect for Minnesota now that the whole ordeal is finished over there. Yay!

Ugh guys also.. A whole 8 months of my life I have been dreaming of this girl, I told her I liked her, she lead me on for a month and a half, and then told me to give up. I tried so hard to forget about her.

I had a dream about her last night. :( Make it stop
Old May 26th, 2013 (11:55 PM).
Uh, I didn't do it
Crystal Tier

I have a lot of respect for Minnesota now that the whole ordeal is finished over there. Yay!
All the respect for my state! People can start getting married August 1st!

I don't have to move to move if I ever get married. I like this.

Ugh guys also.. A whole 8 months of my life I have been dreaming of this girl, I told her I liked her, she lead me on for a month and a half, and then told me to give up. I tried so hard to forget about her.

I had a dream about her last night. Make it stop
I'm sorry, that sucks.
Old May 27th, 2013 (09:59 AM).

All the respect for my state! People can start getting married August 1st!

I don't have to move to move if I ever get married. I like this.

I'm sorry, that sucks.

I'm moving to Minnesota! :p naw just kidding. maybe alaska. I really like alaska. Oooh! Or colorado. I dunno.

Yeah I wish I could just let it go. Things are slowly going better though. I'm chin-up today :D
Old May 27th, 2013 (10:46 AM).
ARCHER
ModeratorCS

Yeah I wish I could just let it go. Things are slowly going better though. I'm chin-up today :D
As bad as it sounds, I have always found the best way to get over a crush is to find a new one :L haha. Best of luck though!

With regards to the family question, I'm pretty sure nobody in my family has come out, unless they're hiding it well .
Old May 27th, 2013 (01:47 PM).
Uh, I didn't do it
Crystal Tier

I'm moving to Minnesota! :p naw just kidding. maybe alaska. I really like alaska. Oooh! Or colorado. I dunno.

Minneapolis is amazing. Gayest city in the nation!

Plus we have lots of cool places and people aren't dicks, it's great. Well, there are still jerks around, but they are looked down on. Plus, I'm here, which makes it even more awesome.

While getting another crush might work, it might not be that simple.

Keep that chin-up. You'll find that right person sooner than you think, I'm sure.
Old May 27th, 2013 (06:41 PM).

Quote originally posted by SwiftSign:
As bad as it sounds, I have always found the best way to get over a crush is to find a new one :L haha. Best of luck though!

With regards to the family question, I'm pretty sure nobody in my family has come out, unless they're hiding it well :P.
I know I should find a new crush but I'm just too obsessed with her. And my would-be crush has a girlfriend :(

Minneapolis is amazing. Gayest city in the nation!

Plus we have lots of cool places and people aren't dicks, it's great. Well, there are still jerks around, but they are looked down on. Plus, I'm here, which makes it even more awesome.

While getting another crush might work, it might not be that simple.

Keep that chin-up. You'll find that right person sooner than you think, I'm sure.
I know what you mean with "it may not be that simple". I don't wanna be the person to use a new crush as a band aid for the old one. :( That doesn't get me anywhere.

Minneapolis just sounds like a cool place to visit regardless
Old May 27th, 2013 (09:18 PM).
Uh, I didn't do it
Crystal Tier

I know what you mean with "it may not be that simple". I don't wanna be the person to use a new crush as a band aid for the old one. That doesn't get me anywhere.
Band aids suck anyways. They never freaking stay on. You end up having to rip them off, or they fall off more like, and that's not fair to the band aid. It's not it's fault its adhesive is faulty.

Yes, that was an analogy.

I think.

In the end, it's really up to you. For now, go out with friends, start a project, or something to get your mind off things. Maybe some time alone might help you get yourself together enough or something to put yourself back out there?

Minneapolis just sounds like a cool place to visit regardless.
It is, and St. Paul isn't that bad either.

It's a pretty cool state, really community based, "Minnesota Nice" and all.
Old May 28th, 2013 (12:36 PM).
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
I agree with Phantom. For now, just live your life and have a good time until you feel ready. Sometimes you find the right person when you aren't even looking. That is what happened with my girlfriend. And don't let that girl get you too down. If she led you on then she isn't very nice and isn't worth your time. You will find someone better. Trust me, I know from experience.
Old May 28th, 2013 (01:59 PM).
Carrion
Gold Tier

Welp. I guess it's finally going to happen. I'm going to be telling my mom that I'm MtF...I'm just as excited as I'm nervous...which is very for both.
Old May 28th, 2013 (06:49 PM).

Quote originally posted by Aeon:
Welp. I guess it's finally going to happen. I'm going to be telling my mom that I'm MtF...I'm just as excited as I'm nervous...which is very for both.
Yay! I hope it goes well! :3 We'll all be thinking of you

I agree with Phantom. For now, just live your life and have a good time until you feel ready. Sometimes you find the right person when you aren't even looking. That is what happened with my girlfriend. And don't let that girl get you too down. If she led you on then she isn't very nice and isn't worth your time. You will find someone better. Trust me, I know from experience.
You know what I did? I deleted her phone number.

And now I swear to god I feel 80% better than yesterday. I didn't feel obliged to text her every time I saw her name.

Band aids suck anyways. They never freaking stay on. You end up having to rip them off, or they fall off more like, and that's not fair to the band aid. It's not it's fault its adhesive is faulty.

Yes, that was an analogy.

I think.

In the end, it's really up to you. For now, go out with friends, start a project, or something to get your mind off things. Maybe some time alone might help you get yourself together enough or something to put yourself back out there?

It is, and St. Paul isn't that bad either.

It's a pretty cool state, really community based, "Minnesota Nice" and all.

I think I'm doing pretty well right now actually. I've been doing better since yesterday anyway.

St. Paul? Is that the capital? (oh my god I'm stupid)
Old May 29th, 2013 (05:59 AM). Edited May 29th, 2013 by Josephine.

Crystal Tier

If you remember my previous post I was becoming pretty sure I was bi, but it still wasn't the most clear cut thing ever.

Well, as I continue to try and understand my sexuality I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that it's empathy for the other person that's key.

Physically attraction is present, but not nearly as relevant.

To put it crudely I get off from making other people feel good. (Or as it stands at the moment, imagining such things wow that sounds lonely ._. )

Now, not that I need one at all but, is there a name for this? Demisexual seems the closest, but still pretty far off as the empathy doesn't have to come from any deep relationship.

As well is anyone else, or does anybody know of anybody, similar to me in this regard?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)