The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game

Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 22nd, 2013, 09:28 PM
ProfGrove

Advertise here
My plan is to get a binder with some slots to distribute my cards throughout them, but which theme deck should I get or are there any starter kits?

Last edited by ProfGrove; May 22nd, 2013 at 09:29 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old May 22nd, 2013, 09:51 PM
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Go on ebay and look for the Plasma storm Elite trainer kit.

Dont buy theme decks.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:16 AM
ProfGrove

Okay, the big black box one with a Lugia on it?
Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:33 AM
Naruto Uzumaki
memories.
Community Supporter

Yes, that is the correct one.
Your siren wails endlessly
Open up

l MAL l
Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:50 AM
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

In case you want to play the tcg, it has a lot of the stuff you need, plus 7 packs. And the box is pretty useful. I use it for cards i put in top loaders.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 09:32 AM
Miss Anne Thrope
Disgusted

Nature: Bold
If you live near any city in the US, look on Craigslist. TONS of people sell their collections cheap, including starter decks they may have gotten. If not, just Google the newest starter kits and buy them on Amazon or eBay.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 10:51 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

There is one deck I would recommend buying, though, and that is the Black & White Trainer Kit, simply to either learn or relearn how to play, as some rules may have changed since the last time you played. After that, buy whatever you want, but I personally would generally avoid theme decks unless you need the energy from them.
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Necrum
The most dapper evil genius

Nature: Adamant
I agree that the Elite Trainer Box is a great starting point. Of course, you can always just start buying booster packs like I did. But if you want to play you'll need energy cards. I have had some difficulty finding them outside of theme decks and the Elite Trainer Box. I'm pretty sure if you can find a table top game store they should have some energy cards for whatever you need.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here