• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen PokeGen/Pokesav Banned in X & Y?

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
I hope they do ban it. Either that, or make it so every Pokemon transferred from previous games starts off as an egg or at level 5.

People tend to dislike my for not supporting pokesav/pokegen in online play, but I have always been someone who does competitive battling with Pokemon that I have actually raised myself from scratch. It takes a long time, yes, but hard work should be rewarded, and the problem with pokegen/pokesav pokemon in online battles is that they weren't the products of hard work, and the people using pokesav will generally have an advantage over people who actually breed and raise their pokemon(because it is very very hard to get perfect IV's).

I have not enjoyed online battling as much as I could because of this. If people had to actually put in the effort to make good Pokemon, it would be a lot more fun for me, and good teams would be acknowledged much more.

But that is how I feel.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Cheaters will always find a way... Unless they make it so you cant trade Pokemon from previous games to this one (unless they have some way to scan them) then the cheaters will have to make a pokegen that works for 3DS... Which they will... Eventually...

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
Cheaters will always find a way... Unless they make it so you cant trade Pokemon from previous games to this one (unless they have some way to scan them) then the cheaters will have to make a pokegen that works for 3DS... Which they will... Eventually...

Yeah they will eventually. But so far, there is no action replay for the 3DS, so we will be safe for a while.

I'm okay with people using it to skip the breeding part, because it does take a very very long time to breed a Pokemon with really good IV's. But they should at least have the dignity to start from an egg and level up to 100 and do EV training theirselves.

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
you do know there is a possibility that nintendo doesn't know about pokegen right?
besides, putting your love in pokemon is why the franchise makes these games. their not meant to be cheated on. an achievement can only be achieved by spending time on it. that was a quote from my grand ma. and probally others too

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
you do know there is a possibility that nintendo doesn't know about pokegen right?
besides, putting your love in pokemon is why the franchise makes these games. their not meant to be cheated on. an achievement can only be achieved by spending time on it. that was a quote from my grand ma. and probally others too

They know about it. They used to do checks on them randomly in tournaments. Nintendo can usually tell if they are fake and a lot of their battle features catch created Pokemon. They are aware of all forms of Pokemon creation and GTS manipulation software and sites. They even know about Pokecheck.

HotaruSobotka

PENS BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONS!
Years
I use Pokesav sometimes, but unlike the majority of people, I try to make them with the actual attacks that they can learn. Only a few I have are Shiny and I prefer NOT to use them in online battles.

Back