The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 21st, 2013, 06:10 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-ourad View Post
I think from its form and color and also its Vampire's Teeths, Its may be Poison/Sound Type .. maybe =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Well if you look at it's colour then you could guess it could be Poison type. Maybe a Poison/Flying type can also be assumed
Its not poison or flying. Its weak to poison and strong against ice. Neither of those match any already known type match-up.
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:18 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Well if you look at it's colour then you could guess it could be Poison type. Maybe a Poison/Flying type can also be assumed
Ugh. I'm going to reiterate.

According to Smash...

Sylveon is super-effective against Ice.

We already know...

Flying type is weak to Ice.

I'm also assuming we do not have a dual-type (which would be...well, stupid of them to do).

Let's use a Venn Diagram:

As pictured...

SYLVEON CANNOT POSSIBLY BE FLYING TYPE!

Can we stop with the Flying type suggestions now, please? Thanks!

EDIT: I meant to cross out the area between the circles. Oh well. Imagine I did that, please.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Last edited by Cyclone; May 21st, 2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old May 21st, 2013, 11:01 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Can we stop with the Flying type suggestions now, please? Thanks!
It's still going to happen, regardless. Unless you're some sort of employee of Gamefreak/Nintendo, speculation about Sylveon is going to happen of every type, some more than others. Flying is still going to be speculated about regardless of whatever Smash has put out, since the official type hasn't been revealed yet.

Is it a sad thing? Perhaps, but people are allowed to speculate whatever they want, after all. ^^;
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:18 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
It's still going to happen, regardless. Unless you're some sort of employee of Gamefreak/Nintendo, speculation about Sylveon is going to happen of every type, some more than others. Flying is still going to be speculated about regardless of whatever Smash has put out, since the official type hasn't been revealed yet.

Is it a sad thing? Perhaps, but people are allowed to speculate whatever they want, after all. ;
At this point, if it's Flying type, I'll eat my shirt. (Seriously. It defies logical sense.) Unless the test only proves that Sylveon is not weak to ice, but not necessarily super-effective against it, in which scenario Flying might still be a possibility (as is everything else).

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 21st, 2013, 11:56 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

So at this point, it can either be a completely new type, or....well going by what you said (and from what Smash apparently stated), nothing in our current type chat is super effective against ice but Fire/Rock/Steel/Fighting....and Sylveon doesn't appear to be any of those types in the slightest, really.

....Mm. Quite a toughie, indeed.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 02:57 AM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Nature: Relaxed
As much as I'd like there not to be a new type, it really does seem like Sylveon will be a new type. Before that Smash event, I'd put my money on it being Flying type. But heh, if it is indeed true, then that must not be the case.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:11 AM
mikhaild
Student

Sylveon wouldnt be a good mascot for any eeveelution with a pre existing type. I mean its odd. Fairy fits it more than anything. To say that its going to be flying bug or whatever wouldnt be sensical for its design.

Jolteon is yellow, has zigzags, lala - electric
Vaporeon is blue, liquidy, mermaid - water

Same logic applies with the others, but sylveon... Huh
Trade Shoppe | On Hiatus
Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:29 AM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Well, Sylphs are air elementals, and the flying type has always stood for wind and air, not just birds and stuff. Ribbons blow in the wind as well, even the Flying-type gym leader Skyla has ribbons in her hair. In fact.....Sylveon looks like her.

But like I said, new type seems likely if that Smash presentation was right.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 10:19 AM
Branellope
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Branellope
Vaporeon - Blue, resembles a fish
Flareon - Orange, has a firey mane
Jolteon - Yellow, has a lighting mane
Espeon - Purple, has a psychic gem on its head
Umbreon - Black, has dark rings on its body
Glaceon - Light Blue, has icy ears
Leafeon - Green, has leaves on its body
Sylveon - Pink, has ribbons

Rock or Fighting type? If you thought that for one second you need help XD
Flying isn't weak to Poison or strong against Ice, you lot appear to be forgetting this. It's a new type, no debate to it.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 11:04 AM
hiff8
Gotta Derp em all

I'm pretty adamant on dragon, it just hits the color scheme of dragon so well
Old May 22nd, 2013, 10:10 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
Based on all of the information that has been provided thus far, I have to say that it is some kind of new type. There is all of the evidence that Smash provided and then there's the fact that the pokemon revealed after Sylveon have known types. So yeah, I think that it's a new type.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 12:15 AM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile
Quote:
At this point, if it's Flying type, I'll eat my shirt. (Seriously. It defies logical sense.) Unless the test only proves that Sylveon is not weak to ice, but not necessarily super-effective against it, in which scenario Flying might still be a possibility (as is everything else).

Cyclone
lolwut?

It can't be normal or resisted to Ice and be a Flying type... Because... you see... Flying is weak to Ice...

Old May 23rd, 2013, 12:54 AM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

The reasons why so many people don't believe the "reveal" by Pokemon Smash is because the supposed reveal was just Sylveon's voice actor dressing up and doing some silly stuff to supposedly test type effectiveness. We do not truly know if that is even the ultimate outcome of the final typing reveal or not. She could have been joking around in a little skit that may not have even been meant to be taken seriously.

Having Japanese cultural and language knowledge myself, I'd say that the skit was probably done to stir up debate about Sylveon's type, not to truly deconfirm or confirm anything. I do think that it will be a new type, though.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 05:38 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

What Serge said could be true. It could just be some silly skit. Though I did see, on the more recent bit, a skit that involved catching a very fat-looking Pachirisu (I swear to God, the actor looks like half a sumo wrestler). They showed the game alongside it, with damage, failed catches, etc. So maybe they ARE trying to match the game, but can't show us the shots yet. If the game has been up alongside, it would have said "super-effective", "not very effective" or something like that. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LycaNinja View Post
lolwut?

It can't be normal or resisted to Ice and be a Flying type... Because... you see... Flying is weak to Ice...
That's what I said.

Oh, and I'm calling fake on the one guy above me.

Cyclone

Old May 23rd, 2013, 05:52 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
So from what we know so far, what are Sylveons current Weaknesses and Advantages?

Old May 23rd, 2013, 07:34 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

If even that, it seems. I haven't seen that episode of Smash yet, but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't count as a reveal at all, thus putting us all back at square one.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 07:46 AM
Miss Anne Thrope
Disgusted

Nature: Bold
I could swear I read somewhere that they're making a Faerie type that Sylveon is going to be a part of? And it is going to evolve with Moonstone?
I didn't read through this whole forum, so I don't know if it was already mentioned.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 08:06 AM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile
Quote:
What Serge said could be true. It could just be some silly skit. Though I did see, on the more recent bit, a skit that involved catching a very fat-looking Pachirisu (I swear to God, the actor looks like half a sumo wrestler). They showed the game alongside it, with damage, failed catches, etc. So maybe they ARE trying to match the game, but can't show us the shots yet. If the game has been up alongside, it would have said "super-effective", "not very effective" or something like that. Oh well.

That's what I said.

Oh, and I'm calling fake on the one guy above me.

Cyclone
Quote:

Cyclone
You said that... Which says if its not weak to ice, then flying is still possible... It should be if Sylveon is not really resistant of ice then flying is still possible... You basically said that flying type is more likely if information that clearly dictates that it isn't flying type is true...

Old May 23rd, 2013, 08:25 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope View Post
I could swear I read somewhere that they're making a Faerie type that Sylveon is going to be a part of? And it is going to evolve with Moonstone?
I didn't read through this whole forum, so I don't know if it was already mentioned.
Eevee can't use the Moon Stone to evolve into Sylveon since the Moon Stone has never had an effect on Eevee before. Whatever the method for having it evolve, it will either have to be a new location or item. I liked the idea of using a rare and special ribbon in order to evolve it in the games.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 09:18 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LycaNinja View Post
You said that... Which says if its not weak to ice, then flying is still possible... It should be if Sylveon is not really resistant of ice then flying is still possible... You basically said that flying type is more likely if information that clearly dictates that it isn't flying type is true...
I don't want to turn this into an argument in here, so I'll disect my own comments here and that will be all I say on this one-off bit.

Quote:
At this point, if it's Flying type, I'll eat my shirt.
Translation: it won't be Flying type.

Quote:
Unless the test only proves that Sylveon is not weak to ice, but not necessarily super-effective against it, in which scenario Flying might still be a possibility (as is everything else).
Translation: If Smash was just having a little bit of fun, and what they did means absolutely dog waste (I don't think I can use the more literal term here), then nothing they did means anything and it's still possible. Let's refer my later post here:

Quote:
What Serge said could be true. It could just be some silly skit.
Deeper meaning: Flying type would still be possible. However, so would be Bug type, Ghost type, Dragon type, and heck, even Fighting type. But I still say it will NOT be Flying type. I am not saying it's likely, more likely, or something I expect to happen. In fact, Flying type, I have always said, will NOT happen.

And that ends that discussion. If you want to carry it further, VM me please.

Cyclone

Old May 23rd, 2013, 05:26 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
Eevee can't use the Moon Stone to evolve into Sylveon since the Moon Stone has never had an effect on Eevee before. Whatever the method for having it evolve, it will either have to be a new location or item. I liked the idea of using a rare and special ribbon in order to evolve it in the games.
True, otherwise it would have just evolved in Generation I. It's not like an item that has done nothing for it in the past will just suddenly start working. I'm kind of hoping for just a strange evolution method that isn't really either item or location. I liked that rumor for which Pokémon it was (Pancham maybe) of turning the 3DS upside down so the gyroscope recognizes it and evolves it. Something wacky like that would be really cool, plus it'd definitely be an evolution method that the games could explore and use Eevee as the guinea pig for.
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
True, otherwise it would have just evolved in Generation I. It's not like an item that has done nothing for it in the past will just suddenly start working. I'm kind of hoping for just a strange evolution method that isn't really either item or location. I liked that rumor for which Pokémon it was (Pancham maybe) of turning the 3DS upside down so the gyroscope recognizes it and evolves it. Something wacky like that would be really cool, plus it'd definitely be an evolution method that the games could explore and use Eevee as the guinea pig for.
This is going to sound really stupid (and forgive me for this but)....

..Back in R/S/E, Feebas was the first and pretty much only Pokemon of it's kind to evolve by enhancing a beauty stat of some sort. Not that I'm saying that those stats have to exist again (they were a pain to maintain, I know. x_x), but it'd be nice for Eevee to evolve via competing at contests, which is just a passing thought in my mind, I suppose. Something like that, like if it gets a certain ribbon, like Shivi said.
Old May 24th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
This is going to sound really stupid (and forgive me for this but)....

..Back in R/S/E, Feebas was the first and pretty much only Pokemon of it's kind to evolve by enhancing a beauty stat of some sort. Not that I'm saying that those stats have to exist again (they were a pain to maintain, I know. x_x), but it'd be nice for Eevee to evolve via competing at contests, which is just a passing thought in my mind, I suppose. Something like that, like if it gets a certain ribbon, like Shivi said.
No, that'd definitely be cool. I mean, Eevee isn't really going from ugly to beautiful so maybe in that regard it wouldn't make perfect sense, but it at least to me definitely has a sense of beauty to it. They could also have it evolve holding the Prism Scale as well, as that caused Feebas to evolve in Gen V. I don't really see either these being it's evolution method, but it's possible I guess!
Old May 24th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
But if it were to evolve in some bizarre method recognized by the 3DS, what would they do later on when they get the new handheld? If it doesn't have the same features, it'd be a pain to always have to play and transfer in a new Pokemon to the 3DS to get it to evolve and then transfer it back :x
My Trade Thread
Breedject Sign-Up Thread
Friend Safari: Munna, Gothorita, Espurr
Native Scatterbugs: Polar, Ocean, Sun
Old May 24th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belldandy View Post
But if it were to evolve in some bizarre method recognized by the 3DS, what would they do later on when they get the new handheld? If it doesn't have the same features, it'd be a pain to always have to play and transfer in a new Pokemon to the 3DS to get it to evolve and then transfer it back :x
But they've done exactly that with Feebas' evolution method. Instead of using its Beauty status to evolve, it's by trade with the Prism Scale. So if the evolution method for Sylveon this generation is dependent on something like the rumor for Pancham and having to use the gyroscope to evolve it, they can certainly go back and change it later. What they actually have up their sleeves I haven't a clue =P Pretty much they can make Sylveon evolve however they want and have the liberty to change it later.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here