Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 16th, 2013 (02:36 PM).
Colony
It's About Dominating!

Nature: Lax
Yes, Fire Emblem ftw! I would also be more than happy to be a part of that.

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old May 16th, 2013 (03:17 PM).
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Alrighty, then I will make one. :3 May need loads of planning, but that's okay~

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old May 17th, 2013 (07:11 AM). Edited May 17th, 2013 by gimmepie.
gimmepie
The Lightning Rod of Hate
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Okay guys, time for my usual bout of shameless advertising!!!

Ignore the banners in the spoiler for the time being for some reason I can't get them to appear for everyone else. Please do take the time to check out Connections, Reapers: Keepers of the Balance, Pokemon Survival Challenge V2 and Pokemon: Journeys through Novia :D

Each one is different to the other three so I'm sure at least one will cater to your tastes.
Old May 17th, 2013 (09:31 AM).
adventure
impossible girl

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by gimmepie:
Okay guys, time for my usual bout of shameless advertising!!!

REAPERS:
KEEPERS OF THE BALANCE

JOURNEYS THROUGH NOVIA

POKEMON; Survival Challenge v2

- CONNECTIONS -

The above banners are links to my current RPs Reapers: Keepers of the Balance, Pokemon: Journeys Through Novia, Pokemon Survival Challenge and Connections. Each of which is very different and I like to think interesting and each had plenty of space available right now :)

Please take a look if you are looking for an RP to join :D
They all look white without images to me, just so you know.
Old May 17th, 2013 (11:09 AM).
Nauje
A sofa in San Tropez...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Same here in my screen, gimmie. Seems like something's wrong with the code or something hmm.
Old May 17th, 2013 (08:23 PM).
gimmepie
Community Supporter

Oh no >.>

I'll look for a temporary solution until I can fix the problem.
Old May 18th, 2013 (12:08 AM).
adventure
impossible girl

Ahaha, now they actually do show up xD Looking good! I'm still contemplating joining Reapers, you know :) Maybe if there are still spots open in the summer!

As for the sheer amount - GMing 4 RPs at once is never recommended in the Roleplay Corner of PC. But somehow, gimmepie seems to pull it off. Kudos to you and your relentless enthusiasm, buddy <3
Old May 18th, 2013 (12:22 AM).
Chalifoux
:: Lives In SHADES of COOL ::
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Errmerrherrm... The source pictures were in a private album of mine xD So that was pretty much my fault. Maybe making it public was enough for them to show up? Perhaps :)

@Red. It's the Era of Pie, so we shouldn't expect less from him, in fact, we should expect more! MORE RPS, MORE!!!!1 :p

... Anyhow. I has a question :3 This one requires you to think! (WHAT?!)

Of all RPs I'm sure you've all been in or GMed, yes, all of them, which one you hold the dearest and why? Was the GM awesome as could be? Was it your Magnum Opus, was your character a literal masterpiece, was the ending epic? Was it your first RP? etc, etc...

I'm asking because... well... why not? xD

Chalifoux
Lives In Shades Of Cool
:: can't get thru his world ::

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Old May 18th, 2013 (01:23 AM).
adventure
impossible girl

I think I've answered this a hundred times in this thread by now :p

But I might say that CHECKMATE and even moreso CHECKMATE : redux are my favorites. Because the first one was unexpectedly fun, and the current one could become really fun and epic. And I've been working on it in the shadows for months so it better be :p

As for RPs I've played in, I'm not even sure anymore ahaha. Except for Swan's old Johto journey RP where I just had so much imagination and had really fun time just writing up adventures for my generic character.
Old May 18th, 2013 (01:43 AM).
gimmepie
Community Supporter

@Red's - Thanks so much and please do feel free to join Reapers or any of my other RPs.

@Elite - As you know there is still one more I have co-written to come. Now for your question my favourite RP is probably Reapers. It's unique and it is my own original creation as well as my first successful RP so I feel very proud of it. As for RPs I have been in either Yokai Academy because it's awesome or Echo; because it allowed everyone to write a lot and focus on their own personal stories.

On more annoying note, the banners don't seem to be working again :/
Old May 18th, 2013 (02:06 AM).
Swolligator
Butcher of the Sands
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by EliteBeats:
Of all RPs I'm sure you've all been in or GMed, yes, all of them, which one you hold the dearest and why? Was the GM awesome as could be? Was it your Magnum Opus, was your character a literal masterpiece, was the ending epic? Was it your first RP? etc, etc...

Firstly, would have to be Atlantis Arising that I Co-GMed with Skymin, since it was the first Roleplay that kinda brought our group of friends together. And later La Famiglia De Arcana which again brought two more awesome people to the group.

The first iteration of Inner Demon was another nice one, while the RPers from that have almost all left, it was my first serious RP and was a lot of fun; helped me skill up quite a bit.

Currently though, it has to be Aerion and Atlantis Awakening, while the later is a re-boot, just the RPers I'm with have made the RPs even more enjoyable and there is so much both us and Raikiri/Supervegeta (SuperRaikiri?) have in store, that I can't wait.

I must also mention Sword Art Online, while it has yet to take off, ShinyDiamond and PinkSapphire look like they've put a lot of effort into it, and I hope this one will last in my memories as well.
Old May 18th, 2013 (04:40 AM).
Sweet_Dreams
i is a gud righter

Ah, I have to say the RP that I hold dearest would probably have to be The Uprising: Fighting the Pokemon Extermination. It's the only RP I've ever joined that actually finished! And it's where I met Maddy before she became an all-powerful mod.

As of right now Aerion is shaping up to be pretty awesome. There has obviously been a lot of thought put into the world and plot, and it's not so overwhelmingly busy that you can barely keep up with it.
Old May 18th, 2013 (05:12 AM).
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz

I really like RPing in Youkai Academy although I don't really know why :P I guess it's just really fun to play as a non-human for once and I really like my character. I also like GMing it because the people who have joined are so much fun! :D I mean... c'mon, have you ever read the OOC thread and said "this is not random"?. I'm really glad that Youkai Academy is still lively and that the RPer's enjoy it so much.

I also like Pokemon Trainer Academy because my character is a corrupted version of a girl with Espeon DNA and it's really fun to play her. The relationships she has with several characters is fun as well.

Then there is Wolf's Rain: Extinction, which I really like because i'm able to play as one of my favorite animals, the wolf.

And FINALLY, there is «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary». I know that the RP has just begun but organizing it with ShinyDiamond was something I really enjoyed. I'm really happy that our hard work payed off and that there are people able to say "I like it already" when it hasn't even begun yet.
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old May 19th, 2013 (11:30 AM).
Magic
キュウコン

I miss the RP section DX

This year has been such a busy year of my life. I'm hoping I can come back and join in a bit more through the summer though, either as a player or maybe a GM - I've had one waiting in my documents folder for over a year... haha.

Favourite GMing RP: Danger on the SS Anne. The people who joined were great, I felt it was pretty unique in this forum and it was really enjoyable fleshing out my own NPCs. Sadly the pace dropped and it sank way too early.

My Sword Art: Online was fun too, but it was a lot of work managing loads of different floors. The logistics of a SAO RP are pretty damn hard.
Old May 19th, 2013 (03:46 PM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by SwiftSign:
I miss the RP section DX

This year has been such a busy year of my life. I'm hoping I can come back and join in a bit more through the summer though, either as a player or maybe a GM - I've had one waiting in my documents folder for over a year... haha.

Favourite GMing RP: Danger on the SS Anne. The people who joined were great, I felt it was pretty unique in this forum and it was really enjoyable fleshing out my own NPCs. Sadly the pace dropped and it sank way too early.

My Sword Art: Online was fun too, but it was a lot of work managing loads of different floors. The logistics of a SAO RP are pretty damn hard.
The RP section misses you! You need to GM more, because I had so much fun with Infinity Edition. Looking back, the only RP posts that I had that were larger than that were the ones for Pandora (which had one of my more eccentric characters), and what's more, I enjoyed making those same posts.
Old May 19th, 2013 (03:59 PM).
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely

For the RP I've GMed was: ~Celestial League~. It didn't go very far due to inactivity. But I put a lot of work into it creating my own entire region complete with a map. I'll probably bring back my custom region in another rp at some point this year.

As for one I didn't GM: I'd have to say Wolf's Rain: Extinction. I love the anime, and this rp gives me the chance to be very creative with a knife wielding nine year old girl.
Old May 20th, 2013 (01:09 PM).
Nakuzami
The Savior
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
You know, I randomly feel like having a roleplay based around pokemon theories. By this, I mean things such as Gengar being Clefable's shadow, Cubone being a baby Kangaskhan, Venonat evolving into Butterfree and Venomoth evolving from Metapod, et cetera.

The thing is, of course, it would need a plot. A few of the theories are plausible, but work would need to be done to make a coherent story line, I think.

Here's a link to a few: <creeeeeepybutnotreally>
Old May 20th, 2013 (01:13 PM).
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Nakuzami:
You know, I randomly feel like having a roleplay based around pokemon theories. By this, I mean things such as Gengar being Clefable's shadow, Cubone being a baby Kangaskhan, Venonat evolving into Butterfree and Venomoth evolving from Metapod, et cetera.

The thing is, of course, it would need a plot. A few of the theories are plausible, but work would need to be done to make a coherent story line, I think.

Here's a link to a few: <creeeeeepybutnotreally>
Those could be theories that people could of had in a different time, in a RP. :B

/bouncing ideas.png

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old May 20th, 2013 (01:19 PM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

I don't really find those conspiracy theories to be creepy, in fact, I really like them. They take a more in depth look at pokemon in mature ways that GF refuses to, and it makes the games a lot more thought provoking and engaging as a result.

If there were an RP based around them or an RP that included them, I would be pretty interested.
Old May 20th, 2013 (03:03 PM).
Nakuzami
The Savior
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
@Machomuu - Same here. They're quite fun to read, actually. It makes me want to read more, but disappoints me when I don't find anymore, lol.

As far as a plot taken directly from one of the theories goes, these two are things that might be able to be made into one. Otherwise, a brand-new plot with the theories centered around certain Pokemon evolutions could be used.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
11) The world of Pokémon was ravaged by a generation-killing war

There’s a theory floating around the interwebs that paints a dark, horrific history of the Pokémon world, or at least Red/Blue’s Kanto region. Many players have noted that in Pokémon Red/Blue, there is a large absence of middle aged men in the game world. Think about the last time you played Pokémon. An abnormally large amount of Pokémon trainers chillin’ in the wild were little kids. Think about it. Why were there so many damn toddlers roaming the wilds unattended? There were plenty of elderly men and women in the world (Professor Oak), and many middle aged women (the player’s mom, the nurses), but a lack of middle aged men. What about the player’s father, or your rival’s father? While most people wouldn’t worry about the absence of middle aged dudes, some Pokémon fans have rationalized this through the creation of yet another insane theory.

The electric-type gym leader, Lt. Surge mentions being a survivor of some sort of brutal war that almost took his life (he claims that his Pokémon saved his life). Other trainers in the gym were once soldiers in some sort of army, which presumably fought in a war. A war where Pokémon were used as weapons. Let that sink in for a moment, as you try to imagine the horror of hundreds of terrified soldiers storming beaches being held by goddamn Charizards. Some fans believe this war was the cause of the lack of adult men, claiming that all of them had been killed in the war. Essentially, some people are speculating that this war caused a ‘generation kill’, and that the young children of the Kanto region are the first generation to find peace. This also explains why the player’s father is absent (hint, he died), and why the rival character has no parents (hint, they died). While a lot of this theory involves speculation and imagination, the horrifying idea of a human-Pokémon war that wiped out an entire generation is pretty damn sweet.

Spoiler:
46) Analysis of Generation I, Part 1/5: Origin of Red and Blue

After his work on the Mewtwo project, Professor Oak made multiple attempts at bioengineering a human clone. The first successful attempt used a 650 nanometer laser, which produced a subject that, while biologically human, lacked human emotion. Professor Oak made a second attempt using a 475 nanometer laser. This produced a more refined, more "human" subject who could easily be mistaken for a perfectly ordinary and rambunctious young boy. The first subject was implanted in a surrogate mother living in the town of Pallet, while the second subject matured entirely in Oak's laboratory. The subjects were named "Red" and "Blue" after the colors of the lasers used in their creation. Postpartum, the surrogate requested to raise subject Red. Professor Oak obliged, and chose to raise subject "Blue" as his own grandson.

47) Analysis of Generation I, Part 2/5: Pokeball Mechanics

A Pokeball leaks radiation proportional to the mass of the Pokemon contained within, and the amount of radiation that the human trainer can safely withstand is proportional to their own body mass. This is why many young trainers like Youngsters and Lasses have lightweight Pokemon like Rattata and Jigglypuff, while heavy Pokemon like Geodude and Onix are always carried by a large and muscular Hikers. Of course, the radiation of those balls adds up, so most people are only capable of carrying three or four Pokeballs at a time, if that many. Gym leaders, being in a static location, don't have to carry their Pokemon on their person, and not being in constant close proximity to their Pokeballs, they can usually get away with using up to five. Red and Blue, being genetically engineered superhumans, have the strength to carry up to six Pokeballs at a time.

48) Analysis of Generation I, Part 3/5: Experience Gain

When Pokemon participate in battle, an adrenaline-like response kicks in, allowing the use of combat abilities like summoning lightning or breathing fire. As this happens, Pokemon exude large amounts of radiation. Their adrenal response also leaves them susceptible to radiation exuded by opposing Pokemon during combat. This radiation causes Pokemon to mutate, and the extent of these mutations is proportional to the strength of the opponent. Face a terrifyingly-strong opponent, and high radiation levels and increased susceptibility will lead to rampant mutations. Weaker foes, conversely, will have little impact on a Pokemon's physique.

These mutations cumulatively add to a Pokemon's strength, and sometimes manifest themselves in the form of increased abilities or appendages. For example, Bulbasaur might sprout some vines, allowing it to use the move Vine Whip. Other times, the mutation is more drastic, causing a Pokemon to mutate into an entirely new form. (Also known as evolution)

Although "leveling up" is the usual way for Pokemon to evolve or learn new skills, there are also artificial stimulants that can be used to enhance a Pokemon's combat abilities. You can call them "performance enhancing drugs" if you like, but "Technical Machine" also works. Evolution stones are just high concentrations of chemicals that cause certain Pokemon to mutate.

49) [1st GEN] Analysis of Generation I, Part 4/5: Emperors of Kanto

The Kanto region is controlled by four elite emperors, otherwise known as the Elite Four. Kanto is governed under what is essentially a feudal system, with local rulers residing in "Gyms," surrounded by loyal followers/apprentices. The Elite Four is aware of the possibility of a trainer raising Pokemon even more powerful than their own. To prevent such an individual from attempting to stage a violent revolution, the Elite Four has extended a generous offer: anyone who is able to beat them is allowed to join their ranks. Many trainers dream of becoming rulers of the world, but few possess the skill needed to make it even past the first few gyms.

50) Analysis of Generation I, Part 5/5: Red, the Champion Despot

After conquering the Elite Four, Red became its leader. However, lacking understanding of things like human emotion, he was horribly unfit for the role of leader. Red became known as a despot, inspiring the hatred of all of Kanto. Under his leadership, the skills of the Elite Four atrophied. Red was blind to the rumblings of rebellion throughout Kanto, but was not blind to the fact that his skills as a trainer were growing dull. To rectify this, he planned a hiatus during which he could train alone on Mount Silver.

At the time that the Elite Four's skills were atrophying, the Kanto gym leaders continued to gain strength. Eventually, Red was the only member of the Elite Four who was stronger than any of the Kanto gym leaders, and when Red left for Mount Silver, the Kanto Gym leaders staged a rebellion. Lorelei and Agatha were either killed or fled into hiding. Bruno, being among the more benevolent rulers of the Elite Four, was allowed to stay. The Kanto gym leaders were not able to defeat Lance's powerful dragons, but after seeing Agatha and Lorelei disappear/get killed, Lance admitted that he had no desire to see the current system continue. The Kanto gym leaders allowed Lance to stay as league champion, and stationed one of their own, Koga, on the new Elite Four. (Koga's daughter, Jasmine, replaced him in the Fuchsia City gym.) Red, meanwhile, continued his training atop Mount Silver. He remained in total isolation until three years later, when he received his first human visitor: a young boy named Gold.

Perhaps, for a fresh story, you could take the idea of Giratina being "Satan" and have a major conflict between her and Arceus.

As far as theories on the pokemon themselves, these are the ones to use that I had in mind:

Spoiler:
  • Genger is Clefable's shadow
  • Venonat evolves into Butterfree
  • Metapod evolves into Venomoth
  • Golduck and Psyduck have their names reversed
  • Cubone = orphaned Kangaskhan joey
  • Voltorb/Electrode are pokeballs possessed by Haunter, which became trapped
  • Aerodactyl is an ancient ancestor of the Zubat family
  • Kabutops is an ancient ancestor of Scyther
  • Genesect is a modified Kabutops
  • Raikou, Entei and Suicune are a revived Jolteon, Flareon and Vaporeon
  • Ditto are failed clones of Mew

Perhaps a few other details, such as Diglett with feet
Old May 20th, 2013 (06:24 PM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

I'd LOVE to see one related to the generation-killing war. In the right hands, that could make for an incredibly compelling campaign.
Old May 22nd, 2013 (06:17 AM).
gimmepie
Community Supporter

I have to agree with Machomuu but I'm not entirely sure how you'd have it play out.
Old May 22nd, 2013 (10:48 AM).
adventure
impossible girl

I got a new idea for a pokémon RP ;; Someone beat me on the head so that I forget it. I shall not make more pokémon RPs.

For a while.

Until summer at least.

Which is, like, half a month away, okay ahah.

Anyways, that generation killing war theory is so thrilling really. I've never thought about it but it does make so much sense. It would make for an epic backstory and make Kanto feel more solid and real, if it was conducted properly.
Old May 23rd, 2013 (10:15 AM).
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

The idea of the generation-killing war definitely seems like an interesting concept and I'd like to see it in action. Maybe not quite my cup of tea, but I'd definitely look into it if one was created.

...This is all encouraging me to start my own roleplay. That could only lead to bad things.
Old May 23rd, 2013 (08:59 PM).
Chalifoux
:: Lives In SHADES of COOL ::
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Spoiler:
Hello, everybody. I figured I should gather enough guts by now for this.

You know my username is EliteBeats and I joined last month? Yeah, not precisely true. Truth is, I had a previous username with which I browsed the forums. My previous username was Vato.

I don't want to go all dramamamamamasdfghjkl on you guys. I really just didn't like my username and it's image anymore. I was by now known as that guy who kept making excuses of how busy he was for actually RPing with you. I was always busy, or so I thought. Turns out a few scheduling and time management can work true wonders.

But I didn't feel I could redeem myself anymore afterwards. I opted towards a new username, and then pretended to be new to the forums. So, yes, chances are I broke several rules in the process, and I sorely regret lying to you in the first place. But Im here, and Ive proven myself that I could actually RP again. To reinvent myself. To no longer be Vato. And so came to be EliteBeats

Again, I apologize for all this unnecesary drama >.< I just wanted you guys to know who I really am. But enough pish posh! This is the RP Discussion Thread, not Vato's Discussion Thread!

I really must say Im fascinated by the generation killing war! Takes a more unique twist than the same ol journey formula :3 I hope it actually becomes an RP because, if GMed correctly, it could really make for a cool RP!

So, I meant to post here because of that spoiler tag up there, and because TornZero and I are working on a revival of Hoenn RéBURST, set to be title RéBURST ~RéBOOT~ although chances are it won't see the light until X and Y come out xD What Im going towards is, what do you look for in a RP revival? I understand the plot has to be somewhat different to the previous iteration, but therebhasbto be something you look for, something fresh or stuff...

Spoiler:
If you took the time to read the previous spoiler tag, yes, Im planning on bringing Time & Space back... Eventually...

Chalifoux
Lives In Shades Of Cool
:: can't get thru his world ::

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links