The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 23rd, 2013, 05:42 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

First pic.: Doesn't Gamefreak know it's rude to point?

Second pic.: One region only has six Pokémon? That can't be right...

Third pic.: "Ah, what a lovely gard-"...*ZAP*

...and you're missing two of your "five".

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 23rd, 2013, 05:56 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
First pic.: Doesn't Gamefreak know it's rude to point?

Second pic.: One region only has six Pokémon? That can't be right...

Third pic.: "Ah, what a lovely gard-"...*ZAP*

...and you're missing two of your "five". :)

Cyclone
The other two were the images we've already seen except in Japanese. I doubt that will be the complete amount of Pokemon found in each area, six is probably just a few of many you can find in that area.

Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:32 AM
aonshinzo
TheCoolestTentacool

Nature: Docile
A region doesn't have to be connected for you to visit them the U.s. has constant flights to and from France they could make accessible by flight or that odd train station that seems to lead nowhere might lead to Anville town in Unova.
"Those cars no longer run in the Battle Subway, but I hear they're still used in a faraway region."
This is a description of the oldest train from Anville a possible connection to Kalos is a possibility. Also Gen 1 had just as many games as Gen 5 and they still connected it to Johto it might be the same situation for this generation
Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:48 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I doubt they'll connect them after seeing the map, this region seems to be another sinnoh in terms of size, which is good as I felt Sinnoh had a lot in it...interestingly Sinnoh had a couple of french elements in it.

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 07:14 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by aonshinzo View Post
A region doesn't have to be connected for you to visit them the U.s. has constant flights to and from France they could make accessible by flight or that odd train station that seems to lead nowhere might lead to Anville town in Unova.
"Those cars no longer run in the Battle Subway, but I hear they're still used in a faraway region."
This is a description of the oldest train from Anville a possible connection to Kalos is a possibility. Also Gen 1 had just as many games as Gen 5 and they still connected it to Johto it might be the same situation for this generation
It's true enough that regions don't have to be physically connected in order for you to visit them...one problem though: you're missing the why. Meaning, why is it that we're going to another region? Is there really unfinished business that we have to take care of or something? Thinking about it, didn't we accomplish more or less everything we needed to do in said region? I just don't see transportation to other regions feasible nor would it make much sense because we've done all we needed to do in pretty much every other region (Sinnoh is debatable probably, and Hoenn is an exception), so why is it necessary for us to go back? If there was more for us to do, then wouldn't GF make some more sequels of those games?

Too many questions, too little answers. u_u;;
Old May 23rd, 2013, 09:01 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
It's true enough that regions don't have to be physically connected in order for you to visit them...one problem though: you're missing the why. Meaning, why is it that we're going to another region?
Why does somebody in America travel to France in real life?

So you're saying that people in the pokemon world are content to stay in their own country and not broaden their horizons? (heck they have enough money to travel the world, by the end game my characters have more money than I know what to do with)

Plus they've already beaten the elite four and they're still young. You would think they would travel the world.

Last edited by Sabrewulf238; May 23rd, 2013 at 09:07 AM.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 09:26 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aonshinzo View Post
Actually, this makes logical sense. Where exactly is Anville Town? Top-left corner of Unova. Where is the new train type area? Right side of Kalos. There could be a connection. And once you reach Anville Town, the main train into Nimbasa City is closed down. The path could open after the E4 and a certain post-game event, but I highly doubt it.

And who says 2 and 3 are not demo numbers? They could be trolling us again.

But I still think Katos will not connect to a past region. It's definitely an interesting tidbit, however, and something that could be explored in a possible "Z".

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 23rd, 2013, 09:32 AM
Community Supporter

It'll be unique of Z if it were to have a region the first two didn't...definately would be worthy of a third version imo.

Now I still don't think they're connected but an airplane may be possible. Now if only they label the routes with an initial like Route 1 U and Route 1 K...wait is that last one Kalos or Kanto :p.

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 09:45 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
It'll be unique of Z if it were to have a region the first two didn't...definately would be worthy of a third version imo.

Now I still don't think they're connected but an airplane may be possible. Now if only they label the routes with an initial like Route 1 U and Route 1 K...wait is that last one Kalos or Kanto :p.
Are we talking about Kanto in here?

They'd have to do that with Unova. However, they wouldn't have to in Kalos; that's the main area, remember.

I just had an inspiration.

Quote:
Those cars no longer run in the Battle Subway, but I hear they're still used in a faraway region.
What if this generation took place before Unova?

Cyclone

Old May 23rd, 2013, 09:57 AM
Community Supporter

I always thought those cars they're refering to may be the trams from Sinnoh, the used in the Marsh...

Kalos would be more technologically advanced then considering what we've seen. At best I think it may take place between BW and B2W2...it could be like an interquel to those games.

Old May 23rd, 2013, 10:29 AM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
*regarding the pokédex screenshot on previous page*

I hadn't actually thought about the region split. When I do, it's pretty cool to have what is basically three regions in one.

What's the point of travelling to another region when you can have THREE different, whole-new regions in one game, with what I assume must be separate environments and Pokémon.
And some more cases like Shellos and Gastrodon perhaps!

Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:02 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

I'm interested to see the different species of Pokemon that we can find in the different enviroments, I can assume Coastal will be heavily water based but I'm sure we'll get a diverse mix of old and new Pokemon throughout these areas which will be nice.

Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:07 AM
Community Supporter

Speaking of Gastrodon, do you think Shellos may get a new design if available in the dex? If so I'm hoping it's Yellow this time. Or maybe another Shellos gimmick Pokémon.

Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:11 AM
ilias_
is completing the Pokédex.

I just saw on serebii that "Nintendo is due to have a special Pokémon X & Y Presentation/Q&A at one of the roundtables following their Nintendo Direct presentation This presentation is to run on June 11th at 6pm Pacific time within the E3 halls and will last 90 minutes" !
So, we will have a lot of stuff to discuss after June 11th! :D

Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:16 AM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilias_ View Post
I just saw on serebii that "Nintendo is due to have a special Pokémon X & Y Presentation/Q&A at one of the roundtables following their Nintendo Direct presentation This presentation is to run on June 11th at 6pm Pacific time within the E3 halls and will last 90 minutes" !
So, we will have a lot of stuff to discuss after June 11th! :D
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/05/23...-and-qa-at-e3/

Old May 23rd, 2013, 12:45 PM
Community Supporter

Yay! Hopefully it will be a lot, maybe the new type? Also the 11th is very close to Corocoro's release so maybe some of the info from the presentation will be in it?

Old May 23rd, 2013, 12:56 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Great news! It seems like X and Y information is starting to flow much more frequently, which is good.

Old May 23rd, 2013, 01:03 PM
Community Supporter

It'll proably be the evil team, and maybe the rival if they do reveal anything new.

Old May 23rd, 2013, 01:12 PM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I'm assuming there will be a demo available at E3. Will be nice to see some of the basic gameplay and user interface stuff.

Old May 23rd, 2013, 01:13 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LycaNinja View Post
"When will Pokémon end?"
"When Nicki Minaj plays good music."

Well, I guess Pokémon will live forever. Woot.

Also, I am looking forward to watching this thing live from my cushion. I hope.

Cyclone

Old May 23rd, 2013, 01:36 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokestick, good times. View Post
I'm assuming there will be a demo available at E3. Will be nice to see some of the basic gameplay and user interface stuff.
I hope so. If they do show a Demo we can find out who the Proffessor and the Rival are at least as those are early things one is likely to see in a Demo. Speaking of Demo's does anyone think they'll release a Demo in Eshop like they've done with the spin offs and non Pokemon titles?

Old May 23rd, 2013, 01:37 PM
ilias_
is completing the Pokédex.

It is going to be 90 minutes! There will be tons of new stuff! Can't wait! 19 days left haha

Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 01:51 PM
Community Supporter

After June we have July which is when the Genesect movie is coming out which could maybe include a new (or several new) Pokemon shown in the preview for the next movie like what happened with Victini. Also we may get Sylveon's type by then if not this upcoming month. So this Summer is looking like it'll be big in News after all.

Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:34 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I hope so. If they do show a Demo we can find out who the Proffessor and the Rival are at least as those are early things one is likely to see in a Demo. Speaking of Demo's does anyone think they'll release a Demo in Eshop like they've done with the spin offs and non Pokemon titles?
I sure hope so. Mystery Dungeon got a demo, so having a demo to the completion of the first Gym would be nice. Then purchasers can pick up their game from there once it comes out officially. Kind of like a head start.

The thing is, would the data be transferred to the actual game card? This is unknown. These types of games don't usually get eShopped. Then there will be those spending eons of time leveling up in the days before release and then tear through the game like a hot knife through butter. They won't do a demo, I think, unless it's maybe a week before.

Cyclone

Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:42 PM
SeanFX
Gear Second

Nature: Adamant
I'm kind of hoping for more multiplayer features, such as being able to travel with a friend or something.

Sponsored Links