Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:47 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
Quote:
I sure hope so. Mystery Dungeon got a demo, so having a demo to the completion of the first Gym would be nice. Then purchasers can pick up their game from there once it comes out officially. Kind of like a head start.
I'd like this as well, but seeing as (if I'm correct) it has never ever been done before, I don't think it's likely to ever happen anytime soon. .__.;
Old May 23rd, 2013, 03:19 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Well no main game has been made for the 3Ds until now so of course there's none xD. However they did one for the spin offs.
Also for the leveling, most Pokemon are level 2-3 in the early routes and if Gen 5's exp curve is still kept one will eventually gain 1 exp per fallen Pokémon...that be annoying and boring, so I don't think it'll be highly possible to break the main game with a demo. If they do one I'm guessing it'll be like a month before, I've seen many come around that time frame in comparison to the full version.
Stand for Life
Old May 23rd, 2013, 03:51 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanFX View Post
I'm kind of hoping for more multiplayer features, such as being able to travel with a friend or something.
I'd love to visit a friend's game and have double battles in the wild. Not necessarily trainer battles, mind. Being able to battle a Trainer in their game once a day however would be awesome.

Which reminds me, I want rematch features still.

Cyclone
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 23rd, 2013, 05:00 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I really don't see any sort of co-op being viable. I mean, if it were to happen there would have to be scaling to levels so someone that has already completed their game could just make it ridiculously easy for someone just starting, as they could just destroy everything. Plus it'd have to keep everything synced, which the handhelds haven't really had much experience with for anything outside of battles. I mean it's possible, but it kind of seems like more hassle than it'd be worth.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 05:12 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Over Wifi, I'd likely agree. It's more for when in the same area, like with the Entralink, since you can visit their world there.

Cyclone
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 23rd, 2013, 05:30 PM
aonshinzo
TheCoolestTentacool

Nature: Docile
*fingers crossed* for a demo kinda like Mystery Dungeon and Diamond/Pearl did.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:20 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
For those who are interested in watching or keeping up with the on goings of this year's E3, Nintendo does have a specially scheduled Pokémon X and Y presentation / Q&A that will be held at 6PM Pacific Time on June 11th that should last about 90 minutes long. So if you're interested, make sure and keep note of that.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:32 PM
Community Supporter

I better double check my schedule, hope I don't have a final at that time as it falls during finals week for me...
Stand for Life
Old May 23rd, 2013, 08:06 PM
CmdrEggnog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn
For those who are interested in watching or keeping up with the on goings of this year's E3, Nintendo does have a specially scheduled Pokémon X and Y presentation / Q&A that will be held at 6PM Pacific Time on June 11th that should last about 90 minutes long. So if you're interested, make sure and keep note of that.
that would make it... 4 pm Central? Of course only a bit of that hour and a half time slot is actually for X and Y. I'm not sure I like all of the new mechanics in it. Camera differences, major graphic changes which were kind of expected, but still. I saw something about being able to walk in any direction and definitely diagonally. Hopefully you could switch that off. I don't want X and Y to feel completely separate from the previous gens.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
Old May 23rd, 2013, 08:54 PM
Community Supporter

If any generations ever felt cut off from past one's they're proably 3 and/or 5, 3 as we couldn't capture some of our favorite gen 1-2 mons (and it had a lack of transfer from gen 2) and 5 because of the lack of evolutions, pre evolutions, and overall lack of previous Pokémon (in the original pairs of both generations that is). Really making the game have multidirectional movement won't make it feel apart from the rest imo.
Stand for Life
Old May 24th, 2013, 02:51 AM
Guy
just a guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrEggnog View Post
that would make it... 4 pm Central?
That would make it 9pm Eastern, 8pm Central, 7pm Mountain, and also 2am in England.
Old May 24th, 2013, 03:34 AM
Moist
other in a month When you,

Nature: Jolly
What about Australia (Melbourne) time?
My Challenges:

Challenges Completed:
The Favourites Challenge - Black 2 - 28/01/13
Old May 24th, 2013, 04:17 AM
CmdrEggnog

whether or not the storyline is roughly the same if there isn't grid based movement it won't feel like a main series game for me

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
Old May 24th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Community Supporter

We should proably get used to change if we hope for GF to really change the series. Personally I'm of the opinion that they change the games a little (but not just graphically of course) at a time.
Stand for Life
Old May 24th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Nature: Relaxed
Bring on the change! In this day and age, if franchises and businesses don't change at least a little bit, then they get thrown to the wayside. I think that these graphical changes were to be expected, and I fully embrace them! I remember being a kid and talking to my friends about Nintendo making a 3D Pokemon game for a future handheld console...and now the future is here! Now if they could balance out some of these game mechanics.....
Old May 24th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Nuke

Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
I sure hope so. Mystery Dungeon got a demo, so having a demo to the completion of the first Gym would be nice. Then purchasers can pick up their game from there once it comes out officially. Kind of like a head start.
I would prefer if it showed a bit less off and it was more similar to the Spaceworld demo of Gold. We download the demo with a pokemon already given to us (Lv 7 Pikachu or something?) and get a limited time to explore the first town and route.

Regardless I think we'd be lucky to receive any sort of demo, it's not a traditional strategy for Pokemon and demos usually tend to hinder most games.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old May 24th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Guy
just a guy

All this talk about change, I say bring it on. The graphics have changed immensely even from what we had in B/W/B2/W2, and I'm loving every bit of it. In order to grow, GameFreak has to improve, change, and adapt to the fit modern gaming technology. At its core, it's still going to be the same as every other game in the main series. You begin with a starting Pokémon, catch new ones, collect eight badges, stop the evil villains, and become the new champion. So I'm fine with more improvements to the overall game-play experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTornado View Post
What about Australia (Melbourne) time?
11am in Melbourne.
Old May 24th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Akatsuki Ten
As It Is

Nature: Calm
I was just thinking last night that they ought to remove the Pokemon cry and replace it with how they actually speak in the anime. And as for the legendaries, the ones that had the ability to talk can actual interact with the character. I just thought it would be a cool idea.
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatsuki Ten View Post
I was just thinking last night that they ought to remove the Pokemon cry and replace it with how they actually speak in the anime. And as for the legendaries, the ones that had the ability to talk can actual interact with the character. I just thought it would be a cool idea.
Eh. I'd be rather hesitant to support this idea.

I do agree with changing the cries, however. They've always sounded a little mechanical to me. Instead of replacing them with the anime cries, which I suppose technically shouldn't be counted as canon, I would suggest updated, more realistic versions of their original cries.
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:13 AM
RandomDSdevel

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokestick, good times. View Post
Indeed. I'd say at this point that the more twists to the usual formula, the better.
I agree with you, Pokéstick, and that is why I think that GameFreak might eventually introduce dual-type moves or something like that. After all, the folks at GameFreak have probably had plenty of time to work out the mechanic's formula if they were originally going to implement it alongside Scald but couldn't figure out how exactly they could do it at that time. However, you guys are most likely right when you say that we shouldn't worry our heads over how this will be done, so I'd like to formally end this discussion by saying that I'm happy to sit back and wait to see what happens on this one.
___________________________________________________________________________________
Some Random Cucco: My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I say I'm open to change, but changing for the sake of changing is a little silly. Especially with things like dual-typed moves, there really is no point of having them in my opinion. If the change is to better the game then go for it. If it's just because "we're sick of the formula, let's change this for no reason!" then I'm not on board for it.
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
From the looks of it they're keeping the little in-box and party Pokémon icons. I'd honestly have thought they would've updated them by now. :P

Old May 24th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Aren't we supposed to be getting some updated X and Y news from Smash tomorrow?
Old May 24th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Community Supporter

Oh yeah, forgot about that,I'm thinking that they'll probably have a little more elaboration on the customization, maybe a few outfits?
Stand for Life
Old May 24th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Well I don't expect anything too ground breaking, that's usually down to CoroCoro or a Direct Livestream. It could just be a little further details on the New Pokemon.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here