The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

View Poll Results: How Long Do You [Typically] Shower For?
< 9min 14 17.95%
10min 14 17.95%
15min 21 26.92%
20min 12 15.38%
25min+ 17 21.79%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 23rd, 2013, 08:03 PM
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Just wondering. My dad always harasses me because it takes me 15min to shower - 20min if I need to shave; 30min if it involves legs - and I don't think that that's long at all. In fact, I think he's just thinks it's long because he doesn't shave 1/3 of his own body when he showers, which is why it only takes him 10-15min.

Girl stuff.

Anyway, how long do you guys typically shower for? Or do you prefer baths? What is your shower "routine"? How many times a week do you shower?

Typically, I'll let the water run a bit (which may also be why he thinks it's "long" lol) to get a good temp' before getting in. I make sure my hair is good and wet - it's thick, so it takes about two minutes or so - before I put in shampoo. Then there's soap, rinse hair out, wring it and apply conditioner. I always shave at least the underarms whenever I shower, so I do that while waiting on the conditioner to seep in properly. Of course, if I need to shave elsewhere, this is when I do that, too! Then the conditioner is washed out and I do a final rinse under the showerhead before getting out.

I shower 3-4 times a week (every two days). Assuming a fresh "start" to the showering schedule, the first shower I'll shave under the arms and for every second one following I'll shave under the arms and other areas. Legs are once every 1.5-2 weeks, pending how I feel about it lol

I don't think it's overly complicated or long at all. Methinks the dad just doesn't get it
My Trade Thread
Breedject Sign-Up Thread
Friend Safari: Munna, Gothorita, Espurr
Native Scatterbugs: Polar, Ocean, Sun

Last edited by Belldandy; May 23rd, 2013 at 08:11 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 08:06 PM
Sandshrew4
Also known as Sandwich

Nature: Careful
Well I showered in 37 seconds once. I don't need to shave though.
Got in, shampoo, conditioner, washed my body, rinsed off, got out. Felt pretty good about myself.
I'm starting to think there's something wrong with me...
Old May 23rd, 2013, 08:09 PM
Passenger
Retired
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I let the water heaten up first, then I walk in, get my hair respectively wet, put the shower gel on my hair, then on whole body, I always remember to wash my ears and face, and of course I brush my teeth while showering to save time. I shave myself every 4-5 days. The whole process of cleaning myself takes always around 10 minutes.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 08:12 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
It takes me about ten minutes to shower, sometimes a bit less, sometimes just a bit more. I like to stand under the water quite a bit. There's nothing better than hot water pouring down on you sometimes.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 08:19 PM
Sheep
foxy foxy whats it gonna be

Less than ten minutes. If I'm washing my hair, it's about twenty. So yeah.. not too long!
Old May 23rd, 2013, 08:30 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
It's normally 10 minutes for me, more or less. My showers are never really that long though because my parents get all angry about wasting water.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 08:31 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

On average, I take a 20 minute shower. If I have to shave, then I'll take about 30+ minutes. I have so much stuff to do when in the shower. Shampoo, conditioner, use those 5 bottles of product, yeahhh. I also like relaxing and having the warm water hit my back.

I haven't had a bubble bath since I was a little kid. Baths take too long to set up, and the bath tub isn't always clean enough for my standards. It's alright to stand in and take a shower, but not sit in. I prefer showers 100% of the time. The water takes a few minutes to warm, but it's so worth it. I detest taking cold showers.
Old May 24th, 2013, 02:44 AM
Krazzikk

Nature: Relaxed
On average, I usually take about 10 mins to shower. I lather myself down with body wash which only takes a few mins, shampoo my hair twice, and put on deodorant.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 24th, 2013, 04:13 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I can not really take showers as I have a problem standing in them, but If a place only as a shower not a bath I take a 4 mintue one. and another 3 mins for women stuff.
Old May 24th, 2013, 04:30 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
I take 15 minute showers. Every few weeks I will wax, so I don't need to worry about shaving.
Quote:
I have so much stuff to do when in the shower. Shampoo, conditioner, use those 5 bottles of product, yeahhh. I also like relaxing and having the warm water hit my back.
That is me tooooo
Old May 24th, 2013, 04:37 AM
BeefTaco

30+ , I finish washing sooner but I like to sit in the tub, relax and think about life I suppose.
Old May 24th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Kyrul
Long Live The Note
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
I take a shower every single day but only wash my hair every 2-3 days. I have a high and tight fade hair cut so half of my head is pretty much bald anyways.

Usually I take like 20 minutes.
Old May 24th, 2013, 05:03 AM
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
My showers usually last about 10 minutes or so. If I have to shave (which I usually do once a week), I do it after my shower so that way my pores are more open and it's easier to shave. So yeah, I don't necessarily shave in the shower, but I'll usually end up taking about 30 minutes or so occupying the bathroom.
Old May 24th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

I shave my head and brush my teeth in the shower.....so it takes me over 25 minutes when all is said and done.
Old May 24th, 2013, 06:22 AM
The Sly Fox
Community Supporter

I'm pretty quick when it comes to showering. Probably about ten minutes I'd say. I never actually timed myself before though lol. I prefer showers over baths because to me that is basically sitting in a tub of your own filth.

Idk xD But yeah. About ten minutes.
Old May 24th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I take anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour, I loooooove showers, perfect time for thinking about things! The water feels so nice and it's just a great quiet time haha.
Old May 24th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ
Community Supporter

Do you guys have someone who nags you the whole time? Knocking on the door, telling you to get out, saying you take too long (if that's the case)?

I can't shower in peace. Right now we have to bathe, too (plumbers are installing the shower today - yay!) and baths take me easily twice as long as showers. Have any women ever tried to shave everywhere in the bath? You just can't reach certain parts 'cause the bath is too small and squishes your body together! And straightening out only submerges the parts that need to be shaved, so that doesn't work either.

And then there's, "HURRY UP. I GOTTA GET IN THERE." We don't even have a toilet installed yet, so no idea what the rush was this time 'round! I've taken two baths since last Friday (hateee them so bad) and they've both taken a good 40-50min.
My Trade Thread
Breedject Sign-Up Thread
Old May 24th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Aeon
Now face the avalanche

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belldandy View Post
Do you guys have someone who nags you the whole time? Knocking on the door, telling you to get out, saying you take too long (if that's the case)?
This used to be the case when I wasn't really living with my mom, but now it's no big deal.

I take about 15-20 minutes on average, and generally 30 if I have an impulse to shave, which I wind up opting for a bath instead in those cases.
Old May 24th, 2013, 08:27 AM
AzaleaLightning
Bouncer, hey bouncer ♪

Nature: Sassy
It all really depends ha :p Typically 15 minutes though.

My typical showers are just washing my body, I don't wash my hair or shave every day. If I'm doing a 'full out' day where I wash and condition my hair, shave my legs and all that, then it can take up to a half hour or longer.

Tumblr | MyAnimeList
Ooh, let me in right now
or I'll get physical with you

Old May 24th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Cassino
A TPC classic.

Bath. 10–20 minutes excluding the time it takes to fill.
Shaving needlessly under no pretence beyond being female is a sad thing, I've always thought.
EDIT: To clarify, I mean doing it just because it's norm in our cultures is what I'm not fond of. If you've got real reasons or honestly like the result, go ahead.

Last edited by Cassino; May 24th, 2013 at 11:10 AM.
Old May 24th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ
Community Supporter

Quote:
Shaving needlessly under no pretence beyond being female is a sad thing, I've always thought.
Sure, but I just know that if I don't shave every two days, I:

1) start getting stinky. The underarm hairs are natural clings for sweat which rubs on clothes and causes both an odour and stains
2) risk the chance that I start to menstruate. If the lady parts aren't shaved, blood clings to it making it very, very difficult to remove. Shaving frequently avoids menstrual complications.
3) will eventually get too-long leg hairs which jam razors a lot faster. Economically, shaving more frequently prolongs a razor's life which saves money.

Prefer to avoid smelling stinky and wasting money by shaving every two days.
My Trade Thread
Breedject Sign-Up Thread
Old May 24th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Oh wow....that's errr.....quite a lesson in female hygienics. I have always liked the ladies to be hairless, but I never really thought about it like that.....
Old May 24th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerserge View Post
Oh wow....that's errr.....quite a lesson in female hygienics. I have always liked the ladies to be hairless, but I never really thought about it like that.....
Yeah, it's really to avoid complications / wasting razors. The fact it makes you nice and smooth is a bonus

Spoiler:
I was always told that shaving the lady parts would cause cancer LOL but after having to cut most of it out with scissors (couldn't remove the blood otherwise), shavings was pretty much mandatory.

But considering all that, it's so annoying when my dad gets all hyped about the length of the shower. There's good reason for it!
My Trade Thread
Breedject Sign-Up Thread
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Sanguine
À la rentrée!
Community Supporter

No matter what, my showers are always 30 minutes. That includes hair, body and w/e.
It's become so routine, that I can't have a shower unless the time is :00 or :30 (my roommate thinks I'm crazy)

I prefer waxing, so yeah.

[02:57] -Dark Azelf: u liek teh bottix
[19:45] -Dark Azelf: she is evil and cute kinda like satan except in a bunny forme

[00:57] -Kanzler: stupid guys make me homo
[23:11] +PervertedPika: Yeah, I have had bad things happen when my family was home and I was having Marky time in my room ;.;
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Esper

And here I thought that anything over 10 minutes was a long shower. I guess that's just my upbringing where I was told not to waste water. I don't do anything in the shower that doesn't need to be done. If I'm shaving I'll even turn the water pressure down to keep from using as much.

deviantart blog pair
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links