• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Man of Steel (Superman)

Are you excited to see Man of Steel?

• Yes, very excited. Always liked Superman!

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Yes, never been a Superman fan, but this movie looks like it could be entertaining.

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • No, but I may try and see it in theatres or possibly wait for Blueray/DVD.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • No, never liked Superman. Period.

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
Years
With the upcoming release of Man of Steel the new reboot of Superman, I was wondering if anyone from PC was looking forward to seeing it as much as I am? Previously I've never been much of a Superman fan. His powers seemed too overpowered and generic and the last few movies about him just didn't entertain me all that much. However after reading a number of interviews about the director, reading about the direction he wanted to take Superman and seeing the trailers for the movie, I'm definitely excited to see it once it releases (Especially after watching trailer 3). It's possible I might even become somewhat of a Superman fan if this movie pulls me in like I'm hoping.

I've included the link to the 3rd trailer for Man of Steel. It's in my opinion the best of the 3 trailers. Hope someone out there gets some enjoyment out of it:

Trailer 3:
http://youtu.be/T6DJcgm3wNY

Trailer 4:
http://youtu.be/NlOF03DUoWc

Trailer 5:
http://youtu.be/dwYatpwrs8s

So what do you think. Are you looking forward to Man of Steel? :)

Last edited:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I've become more empowered to see it lately, though I'm not a huge fan of Superman. I never really have been, since he (along with Batman) seem like a couple of the lamer superheroes. I'll get stoned for saying that, but it's just what I feel! ): The most recent trailer looks rather exciting, regardless, but Superman just seems to be hit and miss for me. The last few eras of Superman haven't been all too impressive, unfortunately, and I don't want to get my hopes strung too high for this one.

I thought this was pretty funny and relevant!

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
i've always thought superman was cool but too over powered, i'm not a huge fan. I did like smallville and I thought superman returns was alright. But this movie looks awesome and it has alot of excellent actors in it.. I cant wait to see this movie.

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
Years
Okay, so I thought trailer 3 for Man of Steel couldn't be beaten, WRONG!

At only 1:47 minutes it's way shorter, but they managed to pack so much EPIC inside!

BEHOLD:
http://youtu.be/NlOF03DUoWc

I enjoyed getting more of a glimpse into what type of villain General Zod will be in this version of Superman. With each new trailer I see I'm impressed more and more. I'm truly digging the angle the director/producer are taking this film. I feel this is exactly the type of Superman reboot the franchise needed.

I've become more empowered to see it lately, though I'm not a huge fan of Superman. I never really have been, since he (along with Batman) seem like a couple of the lamer superheroes.
I was with you until you put Batman in the lamer category. I'm pretty sure I came close to shedding a nerd tear as I processed that statement. Did the recent trilogy of amazing Batman movies not impress? :O

Last edited:
Years
Dave, I'm going to find a very large stone and hurl it at your face.

Love, Livewire

I'm so excited to see this movie, you have no idea. Superman & Batman hold special places in my heart, and to finally see Supean get the treatment he deserves, aka, the Nolan treatment, gives me goosebumps. I mean jeez, look at my theme.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
My most anticipated movie this year. Snyder has a heavy weight on his shoulders with this movie because if this movie succeeds (like im sure it will) it will open up the door for many other DC movies but if it fails....well lets not think about that.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I was with you until you put Batman in the lamer category. I'm pretty sure I came close to shedding a nerd tear as I processed that statement. Did the recent trilogy of amazing Batman movies not impress? :O

Er, no. The Dark Knight Rises was a fine movie, but I was not impressed by the others. Again, this is coming from someone who is not a huge fan of Batman or Superman, so...

Years
I'm definitely watching this, and Elysium this summer. And Batman was awesome! Loved the political commentary and the realization through villianification (totally a word) of alternative ideologies to the current order.

Edit: ALSO. According to Wiki, Kristen Stewart (!!) was considered for Lois Lane, alongside Olivia Wilde and Mila Kunis. But Amy Adams just looks approachable and soo girl-next-door *blush*

Last edited:

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
First: Ewwwww Kirsten Steward, CONSIDERED, for Lois Lane?? /shot
Second: Why not Olivia Wilde??

Third: I may watch it, or just wait for it to premier on TV like anyone who can't go to the theatre and watch it their on big screens. :/

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
Second: Why not Olivia Wilde??

I've always pictured Lois Lane as this gritty-looking woman in a pantsuit, not really young-looking but in her 30s. Olivia Wilde's too much of a pretty face and looks much too young, I think, and I don't really like her as an actress. It's funny though, how Amy Adams is nine years older than Henry Cavill even though they look the same age range.

Also, it's awesome Michael Shannon got the Zod part.

I'll probably check it out. I'm not really excited for it.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I watch the Dark Knight trilogy quite often, especially Rises so I really hope Man of Steel here makes me love it as much as I do with the Batman's. I'm used to Lois Lane being a brunette, not a red head, so I'm not sure about Amy Adams being a "perfect" Lane. But I like her so I won't think about it to much lol She reminds me a bit like Annette O'Toole as Lana Lang in the older, cheesy Superman movies to be honest.

But its whatever. Comes out Friday, can't wait! Just hope Nolan keeps up the great work after his amazing Batman trilogy onto another member of the Justice League.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I have memories of liking the original Christopher Reeve Superman movies when I was like...5. But the second I got to the age I understood half of what was going on, I found them boring. And to be honest most of the action was a bit tame. Although I watched Superman Returns (The one with Brandon Routh in) recently and it didn't seem too bad, but it definitely didn't have enough action in as other superhero movies, particularly for that length. You could probably level similar accusations at Nolan's Batman films, but he does the action very well so it doesn't really matter in them. I wouldn't have been especially excited, but the trailers make this one look a lot more action-packed, so I'm pretty keen to see it. Although that probably won't extend to going to the cinema, more getting it fast when it comes out on DVD.
The only thing that I think may not be as good is the theme music. The music in the original films sounds really impressive, but the actual movie isn't as good as its soundtrack. I reckon Man of Steel may be the other way round.

Years
It seems like you can't turn on the TV now without seeing a TV spot for it, or a commercial referencing it. It's everywhere, and it's tracking at least $100 Million opening weekend, if not more. Sooooo pumped.

TAKE MY MONEY ZACK SNYDER

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
Years
Saw it last night with my wife and it was FREAKING AMAZING! It had everything I was personally looking for in a Superman reboot, lots of superman fighting, good amount of Krypton screen time, powerful villains who can stand toe to toe with Superman, great actors portraying their respective roles, and very little cheese. Going to see it again tonight with some friends.

I'd give it a 9.5/10 as it had exactly what I wanted to see and little to none of what I didn't.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
This is the Superman movie I've been waiting for after the disastrous Superman Returns. It has everything what the above poster mentioned (my keyboard can't type Japanese letters). The only things that bothered me was no after-credits Marvel style (to get me hyped up for the sequel) and the fact that we still haven't found out how Superman shaved his beard (it wasn't shown on-screen the moment he put on his suit). This movie truly blows Iron Man 3 out of the water as the best comic book movie this year.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I have yet to see it firsthand, but I'll fix that soon. Regardless, that hasn't stopped me from watching video reactions and a couple of minor reviews from the likes of Rotten Tomatoes and for some reason, people say that it lacks some of the subtle satire that superhero movies (Superman movies specifically?) tend to have thrown in every now and then. It's an 'element surely missing' or something to that effect! Another thing is that it tended to rush to the action and then rush through it, but there was just so much clogging up the movie that it didn't matter and there was very little story-wise involved.

I've yet to completely write it off, but just the little things I'm hearing make it seem not all that pleasant.

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
Years
I have yet to see it firsthand, but I'll fix that soon. Regardless, that hasn't stopped me from watching video reactions and a couple of minor reviews from the likes of Rotten Tomatoes and for some reason, people say that it lacks some of the subtle satire that superhero movies (Superman movies specifically?) tend to have thrown in every now and then. It's an 'element surely missing' or something to that effect! Another thing is that it tended to rush to the action and then rush through it, but there was just so much clogging up the movie that it didn't matter and there was very little story-wise involved.

I've yet to completely write it off, but just the little things I'm hearing make it seem not all that pleasant.
It's a superhero movie. Critics are going to nitpick it to death like every superhero movie to date. More so Superman because he was the original comic book hero and he already has established movie classics to be compared to.

I thought the story was superb. It's an origin story and the pacing, the characters, they're all handled very well.

I can tell you that I personally did not feel like the action was rushed through by any means. If anything the action went on a little long. Additionally, the action is what makes this movie so great because in the past we never really got to see superman go all out on the big screen like he does in the comics. So that was refreshing, finally seeing him go all out.

Also, unless you grew up watching classic superman movies I would ignore any reviews carelessly comparing it to the original movies. For one, you never saw the originals so any negative comments comparing this movie to the classic movies should mean nothing to you. This movie is a Superman reboot for a newer generation and it's going to be the younger generation that gets the most enjoyment out of the movie.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Also, unless you grew up watching classic superman movies I would ignore any reviews carelessly comparing it to the original movies. For one, you never saw the originals so any negative comments comparing this movie to the classic movies should mean nothing to you. This movie is a Superman reboot for a newer generation and it's going to be the younger generation that gets the most enjoyment out of the movie.

Really, most of the things I've heard in the last day or so about the aforementioned story and other small enjoyable elements were from my friends, but eh. I have to try it for myself before I can fairly judge it. ]:

Back