The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:16 AM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Calm
Oh I was only referring to what Lyca brought up,

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Personally, what I'd like to see in the E4 (I don't know if I've mentioned this before) is different strategies being used for each E4 member. How to explain this...I know that they're just AIs, but I kind of actually wanted a challenge, y'know? I find that the E4, to me, is barely even a huge challenge anymore, and that the only challenge I have to look forward to is the Champion. Like, I dunno, make the E4 in this generation just about as difficult as the Gym Leaders/E4 in the Pokemon World Tournament, something like that. That's what I personally call a challenge, anyway. xD;

Like (for those of you who follow competitive) one E4 member would use some sort of stall team, another would use bulky offense, another would use heavy offense, and one would use weather (lol), something like that, I guess.
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I feel like that's something I'd see moreso in the Elite Four rematches. With the AI buffed up a bit in those (akin to HGSS), they'd actually have the ability to at least set up and use some sort of strategy. I guess it'd still be limited to the typing that they are more than likely to use, so I guess it would be a bit more challenging at least.
Old May 24th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I found the Black & White elite four slightly more difficult than previous games, I'm not sure if that was just me or they increased the AI somewhat but I hope they continue to do this for future games.

Old May 25th, 2013, 06:41 AM
jrevm30
Trigesimo->"The Thirtieth"

Nature: Naive
I want the E4 to have varying pokemon types, not just one. That makes them look like actual good trainers, not pathetic gym leaders.
Gundam 00)
Old May 25th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

I'd like to see a character from a previous generation make a debut as an Elite Four Member in X and Y, similar to Caitlin but this time it could be Fantina?

Old May 26th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I'd like to see a character from a previous generation make a debut as an Elite Four Member in X and Y, similar to Caitlin but this time it could be Fantina?
This would be really cool! I just don't know if it would work, since Kalos seems to be a stand-alone region? But i mean that old character could have travelled to Kalos and become a E4 member there?

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 26th, 2013, 11:09 AM
AluAir
Unhatched Egg

I found the Elite 4 in Ruby to be pretty hard, I would like a copy of that but with higher levels
•1200 subs atm•
Old May 26th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorogami View Post
This would be really cool! I just don't know if it would work, since Kalos seems to be a stand-alone region? But i mean that old character could have travelled to Kalos and become a E4 member there?
I feel like us having all of these old Pokémon back already (the Zigzagoon line and Marill line), it seems like we could maybe have a Hoenn Gym Leader/Elite Four member pop up to make a return in the Elite Four. It'd be awesome to see them pop up again with some of their native Pokémon hanging around the region, so they'd fit in Kalos pretty well in my opinion.
Old May 26th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
As long as Drake returns as an E4 member in this region, I'm set. xD He's like, my favorite E4 member. Or Agatha, whichever. Doesn't really matter, but those are just my hopes, if any Hoenn E4 members are making a return.
Old May 26th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

As cool as that sounds, I doubt any of the previous Elite Four Members would migrate to a different region to take up the role as an Elite Four member again, a gym leader maybe.

Old May 28th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
As cool as that sounds, I doubt any of the previous Elite Four Members would migrate to a different region to take up the role as an Elite Four member again, a gym leader maybe.
Depending on what time frame this region is set in, it could be a few years or so after B2/W2, it's actually pretty plausible someone from a past region could have moved. I mean, those games are already around four years after Gen II and Gen IV, so they could want to be doing something new. Plus, Caitlin moved from the Battle Frontier in Sinnoh and moved over to the Elite Four in Unova, so movement is plausible.
Old May 28th, 2013, 08:06 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
We don't know for sure when these games take place, but if it's sometime after Kanto perhaps Agatha came to this region as she thought it'll be a nice change of pace/a challenge.
Speaking of E4 does anyone think that Glacia may have come from this region? The eastern part of Kalos is quite snowy, and Glacia looks sort of french...

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links