• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who is your favourite Nintendo character?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
nintendo_characters.jpg

Just as the title suggests, who is your personal favourite Nintendo Character, or nintendo character(s)? Why?

Years
Mario, he's an fat plumber that eats mushrooms to get bigger and collect fire flowers to shoot fire balls, he can jump high and he's not afraid of anything.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Samus Aran. She is the definition of badass. She has a sordid past, an air of mystery about her, and she always takes care of business like a Valkyrie in the night. She's.....amazing. I wish more women were as driven, independent, and courageous as her.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Wario is my favorite video game character in general.

He's charming and hilarious. This is also the one character that Nintendo loves to be 100% clever with. If you played any Wario game or seen any marketing for them, you'll get what I mean. That said, he's full of personality and you either love him, or love to hate.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Non-Pokemon wise.... Peppy Hare, must I say why? Here's a hint: DO A BARREL ROLL! Also... He's a role model, wise, and always has Fox's back.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Mm, my favourite Nintendo characters are Roy, Lilina, Anna, Lute, Tharja, and Lyon from the Fire Emblem series, Yoshi, Peach, and Luigi from the Mario games, and other mentions include Link, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, and Zelda~

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Kiiiirby~

He's just a cute little marshmallow with a face and shoes who devours his enemies to absorb their powers. Doesn't seem too menacing, but if you cross his path in a dark alley, you'll most lik-- *absorbed by Kirby*.

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2013
Luigi! He's so adorable! And a really great character to play as in SSB.

Years
Mm, my favourite Nintendo characters are Roy, Lilina, Anna, Lute, Tharja, and Lyon from the Fire Emblem series, Yoshi, Peach, and Luigi from the Mario games, and other mentions include Link, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, and Zelda~

I loved Lute from Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones! I used her constantly, lol. As well as Seth and Colm! (:

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I think it really says much about Nintendo's characters if the one-dimensional minor characters in Fire Emblem are popular. :P There's also Ashley from Warioware and K.Rool in DKC who for the life of me I can't figure out why they're hugely popular amongst fans. Well, DKC doesn't have any much notable characters, but of all the ones from Warioware it's Ashley.

Anyhow, does Kyle Hyde count? Hotel Dusk/Last Window aren't really developed by Nintendo but by CiNG (RIP :( ), but they're published and I believe owned by Nintendo. If so, he gets a honorable mention by me for being a lovable douche but for also being "real".
Kylehyde.jpg

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Link, I've only played several LoZ games, none of which I've finished. But from what I have played. He was a bretty coo' char, brah. :)

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
Definitely Link. He is a lot like me because he always finds ways to adapt to a situation to solve problems. Plus, he is LOOKS awesome and makes a great hero in my opinion! ^_^

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 27, 2013
Well, I guess it depends on what we can define as a Nintendo character? If it's characters from games published by Nintendo, then I'd say Mario and/or Link ;)

If it's just from any Nintendo game, then I'd say Mega Man (Even though it could also count in the other category, because Mega Man 6 was published by Nintendo in North America :P )

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Sort of cheating, but Nidorina. Mind you,the reason being that I tend to forget she's still a Pokemon these days. That has more to do with a lost of interest in the franchise as well as illustrating whatever Pokemon I do draw way out of series context. I tend to just use #29, 30, 32 and 33 as standard Ninty characters these days anyway. :P

Still, pre-anime Kirby, Kine the Fish, Coo the Owl, Rick the Hamster and everyone in Mother's 1 and 2. The entirety of Flint's family in Mother 3.

I guess my favorite three franchises are still Kirby, Pokemon, and Mother even if my preceptions of most of them have been fractured to all heck. :(

Back