The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Advertise here

Old May 21st, 2013, 06:55 PM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious

Advertise here
I was under the impression that Elm wanted the trainers to grow and strengthen bonds and all that good stuff normally so their abilities as trainers can blossom uninhibited by the looming threats of Rocket and Neo. Or something like that. Because if not, then the whole random people with level 5 pokemon idea isn't really starting to sound very smart. Also, I assume those who already have stronger pokemon would bring them instead of getting a new starter if they already knew that they were going to be fighting two evil and powerful teams that pose a threat to Johto and potentially the world if they see success.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:54 AM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

Nature: Gentle
As a fact of matter, none of the teams know that Elm has recruited a bunch of crazy, inexperienced, psychotic teenagers lol. He could have recruited experienced people to combat the threat, but aren't the experienced one's too well known?

Why do you always play a starting-out trainer in the games out to battle powerful teams? Because you have many things to achieve, and if you battle the grunts and win, they would be surprised and think that a newbie defeated them.. Even the Executives are surprised when you defeat them. Put this in the RP. The Teams would never know what hit them, who would wonder that someone would recruit a bunch of teens to combat such established teams?

And you have a great leader, Kiba.. But most people doesn't know who hd is unfortunately.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 12:24 PM
ORegan
I'm dating your mom
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleacher View Post
Why do you always play a starting-out trainer in the games out to battle powerful teams? Because you have many things to achieve, and if you battle the grunts and win, they would be surprised and think that a newbie defeated them.. Even the Executives are surprised when you defeat them. Put this in the RP. The Teams would never know what hit them, who would wonder that someone would recruit a bunch of teens to combat such established teams?
But the games are rated E for everyone, whereas this game is rated M. In the games, the bad guys can't kill the protagonist's Pokemon like mentioned in the RP's OP, and Team Rocket doesn't have the option to savagely beat the trainer to death with a tire-iron. Scott, Seren, and Blake all have the ability to maim and murder in the RP.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 12:51 PM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Finally, another Kiba post!

I've been waiting too long for that.

Old May 22nd, 2013, 10:53 PM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORegan View Post
But the games are rated E for everyone, whereas this game is rated M. In the games, the bad guys can't kill the protagonist's Pokemon like mentioned in the RP's OP, and Team Rocket doesn't have the option to savagely beat the trainer to death with a tire-iron. Scott, Seren, and Blake all have the ability to maim and murder in the RP.
lol, lets just say that the evil teams got a headstart on everyone. To counter that you have a great mission director Elm, skilled escapist like Mari, an charismatic leader Kiba and the "two teams fighting each other like there won't be a tomorrow." Oh, and you have me! *waves*
Old May 23rd, 2013, 03:09 AM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I've been super busy this last week, and will be until friday too. However once I'm home ill get a post or two up for both Seren and Archer. Sorry for the delay!

The whole situation with pokemon relationships couldbe handled quite interestingly as in; there would probably be a lot of people that would disaprove of that sort of thing so it wouldnt be something your character would flaunt in public, and that sort of 'hiding' would put tensions on the relationship.

Personally ive never considered it and probably wont be sending Seren down that route, but it would be interesting to have it in the RP as it would add an extra element of confliction between certain characters.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 04:37 AM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Bleacher, I just love the way you do the capture posts. Just sayin'.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 09:03 AM
Dusk

I just put up a Kiba post in E&S (Which would be some years before this RP) that embodies him pretty well when put under deadly circumstances. You probably won't understand a whole lot of it, but if anyone is interested in that long read, be my guest!

Spoiler:
∣ Kiba Kurokokoro
Leviathan's Bastion - Holding Area

Chapter Three: Part Seven
The Road Less Traveled

"Avaith," Kiba started, glancing at the surroundings, the charging beast of a man, and Avaith. He quickly picked up Avaith, placing the Quilava over his chest, resting at the opening of the Kimono. "Avaith, I have a plan, please, do exactly as I say." He closed his eyes, holding both arms out to each side. "I can do this... I can do this..." He felt his energy feeding into each palm, swirling slowly.

Ki watched the screen intently. "No doubt the others have seen this. We need to inform them as well." Ki led Z and Amber to Shadoan and the rest. "Shadoan, Avaith is down there. Kiba is with him." He clutched Shadoan's shoulder lightly, looking to the rest of the party to ensure that they know he is speaking to the entirety of the group. "We can't do anything to help, it's far too dangerous. All we can do is watch and await the outcome."

Z frowned. "I can feel it... That man has intense power within..."

Amber sat quietly, motionless for probably the first time.

Ki clenched his other paw, watching the screen with sudden intensity. "He's... He's doing it...!"

"Avaith, I want you to burn as hard as you possibly can, don't worry about me! Ready... Almost... ... NOW!!" At Kiba's command, the Quilava bursts into flames, scorching Kiba's torso, causing him to cringe, and yet, feeding more and more energy into each palm. Brilliant indigo balls of energy formed in each hand, expanding and swirling, raising in power and intensity as Kiba's body continued to sustain damage. The man was closing in, faster, and faster... "HHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" Kiba swung both hands forward, catching the dark figure's torso right before impact, and blasting him far backward with the energy in his palms. The man flew and in an instant crashed into a wall behind him, followed by a crash onto the floor. He remained motionless.

Kiba's hair covered his eyes, as he panted and heaved for air, a contented grin on his expression before he fell backward, collapsing onto his back, too exhausted to move his body. "We did it... Together..." He panted and grinned still, weakly placing a hand on Avaith's head, stroking his neck and back lightly. "Thank you... For the help..." He watched, eyes widening, as the man, struggling, was able to get up once again. The man began to limp, speeding up into a walk, a run, a full sprint...

As he neared the two, charging with all of his strength, he was immediately stopped and toppled backward. Mello had appeared, building a psychic wall of hot pink energy, blocking and preventing the battered man from getting through. He got up, and looked about to charge, when a second character laid a hand on his shoulder. He looked to Kiba, and formed a menacing, cruel grin.

Kiba felt his entire chest ache in an ice-cold pain. It was the man who had attacked them before, who launched the attack that nearly killed Kiba... The Green Trainer. Kiba watched in horror, as he led the larger man away, and the two simply... Escaped. No words came from that group.

The rest of them watched the entire scene unfold from the televisions, Kiba's attack, the man's retaliation, Mello's protection. Ki stood immediately. "It's... Over. I'll go retrieve them." He quickly left, rushing to the scene just as the video feed ended on the televisions. He lifted Kiba, though after glancing at Mello, and then Avaith, he lowered Kiba's body and let Avaith down. He rose once more, glancing at the camera for a moment, before speaking to the two. "Mello, Avaith..." He started, giving them both a look of insight and knowledge. "The camera feeds have stopped, and the Springs are entirely vacant." With that, he rushed Kiba back to the room, resting Kiba on a sofa. "I'm... Shocked, to say the least. Even I couldn't have thought of something like that. However, maybe you can try the Aura Sphere without nearly killing yourself."

Kiba chuckled, though winced. "An Aura User's energy increases the nearer they are to collapse... I had one shot, and it had to count..." He began to frown though. "The man escaped... And worse yet... The Green Trainer left with him... He's back."

Ki frowned as well. "This isn't good news for us in the slightest... No doubt he'll be seeking us out later." Ki turned to Shadoan. "Avaith is safe... He and Mello are alone now, as it should be."

Z approached the sofa, holding her hands over Kiba's body. "This is where my abilities become useful... Sit still, please." A glow trailed down from her hands to Kiba's figure, slowly healing the burns and scrapes he had suffered.

"O-ow," Kiba winced.

Ki watched her quietly. "Heal Pulse...?"

"Mm-hm," she nodded, focusing on what she was doing.

"I see... That will be a great asset for us all... Especially you, Kiba." The Lucario smirked.

"H-hey," he chuckled, though immediately cringed. "Ow!"

"Sit still!!" Z snapped.

"A-Ah, Sorry!" Kiba exhaled and relaxed his body. He squinted at Ki, who simply chuckled to himself.

Mello watched them leave, quietly. She knew immediately what he had meant by that. "He means to say that people will be crowding here soon, and that we can talk privately in the Springs..." She frowned quietly and began to head toward the springs. "I don't know if you want to talk or not, but I'll be in the springs anyways..." With that she left for the springs, resting in one of the pools of hot water, closing her eyes in an attempt to relax.

Last edited by Dusk; May 23rd, 2013 at 09:09 AM.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 03:06 PM
Darkhaven3
Jackass

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleacher View Post
lol, lets just say that the evil teams got a headstart on everyone. To counter that you have a great mission director Elm, skilled escapist like Mari, an charismatic leader Kiba and the "two teams fighting each other like there won't be a tomorrow." Oh, and you have me! *waves*

*Mari sneaking around in the dark, stalking and stealthily killing Team Neo trainers*
Old May 24th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhaven3 View Post

*Mari sneaking around in the dark, stalking and stealthily killing Team Neo trainers*
Holy macoroni, Oh hell no, you will not be killing off MY squad! Team Neo is soon to be under Scott's control by the way. I've allready come up with a backstory, and a way for Scott to become one of the leaders of Team Neo, which involves Falkners dad, (what is he called) more will be revealed later, but thats going to be Scott's storyline roughly. I hope you all enjoy my posts?

Last edited by Nate; May 24th, 2013 at 07:24 AM. Reason: no H in Holy!
Old May 24th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

About that, after 15 years how many gyms have changed leader? For example, I can't really imagine Pryce still being a gym leader at this point, as well as some gym leaders maybe leaving for personal reasons like the changes from Black/White to BW2. Then there's the elite four, which from what we've seen from gen 1 to gen 2 is always changing its roster.
Old May 24th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

I dunno, but since falkner is young, I just said hes still running the gym
Old May 24th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Dusk

Don't know if it was mentioned, but Kiba was actually--

... On second thought, I think I'll leave that unspoiled for now.

Old May 25th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

The Elite 4 and the champion are all new.. Apart from that there are two new gym leaders. And everything that has changed is due to a reason .
Old May 25th, 2013, 09:41 AM
ORegan
I'm dating your mom
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
Don't know if it was mentioned, but Kiba was actually--

... On second thought, I think I'll leave that unspoiled for now.
You've made a post earlier in this topic to draw attention that you've edited your SU to make him the Champion and kill off Julia. So it's already known to us, but not our characters....or at least most characters.
Old May 25th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Dusk

Actually, I was referring to something else entirely, but I seem to enjoy revealing the secrets IC when the time is right.

Silently, I wonder if anyone had taken the time to read the E&S post I had shared.

Old May 25th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

I read it. It was a nice glimpse into the type of person Kiba is, even without any context (if i've got this right, he had Avaith burn him so that he could have a stronger aura sphere to counter the charging dude, correct?). I didn't think it had anything to do with your secret about Kiba, though.
Old May 25th, 2013, 11:13 AM
ORegan
I'm dating your mom
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
Actually, I was referring to something else entirely, but I seem to enjoy revealing the secrets IC when the time is right.
As long as you don't pull a Misty and end up being one of the Gym Leaders.

And I didn't due to laziness and all that jazz.
Old May 25th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

can you list the gym leaders now then. I expect bugsy, falkner, whitney and jasmine to definately still be gym leaders, not sure on order now though, as that seems to change. Bryson, I presume is no longer gym leader, or dead, and that leaves Morty, Vhuck and Claire. Is claire champion, or is she still gym leader? I'm not sure, who are the gym leaders that have changed then?
Old May 26th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geras32 View Post
I read it. It was a nice glimpse into the type of person Kiba is, even without any context (if i've got this right, he had Avaith burn him so that he could have a stronger aura sphere to counter the charging dude, correct?). I didn't think it had anything to do with your secret about Kiba, though.
Yes, that was exactly his plan. Reckless, unexpected, but effective. He really thinks outside of the box when it comes to tactics. That wasn't the secret, though it was /a/ secret. Also, for a little more context, Avaith is Shadoan's Quilava, he and Mello were together but when Mello left to search for Kiba, but now that he's found, she doesn't have to look anymore, but Avaith is being stubborn about it. The man Kiba attacked was a Banished Blood, a deadly person with a powerful aura, who was being examined but escaped from captivity. The Green Trainer was the one from an older Kiba post that I've been meaning to share as well, where Kiba puts his life on the line to protect others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORegan View Post
As long as you don't pull a Misty and end up being one of the Gym Leaders. :P

And I didn't due to laziness and all that jazz.
He's not a Gym Leader, no. And even if he was, Water? Pssh.

We can all dance to that tune (or not, as laziness implies doing nothing)

Old May 26th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Busy. And by that I mean 'Busybusybusybusybusybusy' So I apologize for lack of posts recently, one should be up either today or tomorrow though so that could be something to look forward to, unless you hate Seren in which case uh... I'll try to include some funny puns in it to brighten it up? :3

Also Bleacher; That picture WILL get done, I just need the free time.
Old May 26th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Nauje
Hmm.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Haven't posted much in this thread, just to say that I'm sorry I haven't updated in quite a while TT.TT

Exams and stress has taken over me and that has affected my time on coming up with something good for JJ, so yeah...
Old May 26th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

Just to mention, but I'm loving your posts Somniac!! Theres definately going to be some friction between Rocket and Neo in the future, and I can't wait.
Old May 26th, 2013, 05:08 PM
HelloAsha
Spoiler Alert!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Calm
Hey everybody! It's been a couple days, and I thought I should come back to share with everyone that I'm still alive (which is unfortunate for some people) BUT! Everything is going well, and I've been doing a lot of brainstorming regarding the rest of chapter one, and the mechanics of the world we're playing in.

I can't give a definite answer to when my next post will be up. Although, I'm trying to write enough to completely finish up chapter one. Granted I'm not going to do it all in one post, right now I'm deciding where to cut the next couple parts of chapter one.

I have a nice plot I'm working on for Graham, and Chikorita. Expect something from me soon, I'm very excited with where this is going.
Old May 27th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

This information is strictly OOC. Chuck has stepped down due to family obligations and the new gym leader is Cactus, a nerdy genius who have a mix bag team. And Pryce was killed (yes, killed) and the gym was destroyed. After the town's rebuilding, a new gym was established and a local boy by the name Prism who specialises in dark types took over.

I read the E&S post throughly and even though I don't know what happened to Kiba before that, I got impressed by his strategy. Awesome!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here