The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 22nd, 2013, 08:07 PM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham2207 View Post
Bro, its not that using "u" and "r" is childish, its that i m addicted to facebook and other social websites..
I dun think nobody has prblm wid my language, i make it short and most importantly clear to all.
About the new type, has it been confirmed? Has the new type chart shows the fairy type?
I have a problem with it so that's a lie...

Either a new type or a chart retyping has been confirmed by Smash... Maybe both... Maybe more than one type... But definitively one of those things...

Old May 22nd, 2013, 08:24 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham2207 View Post
Bro, its not that using "u" and "r" is childish, its that i m addicted to facebook and other social websites..
I dun think nobody has prblm wid my language, i make it short and most importantly clear to all.
About the new type, has it been confirmed? Has the new type chart shows the fairy type?
Spoiler:

Kidding aside, yes, either a retyping of...something is in the works, or there is a new type. We don't know which, as LycaNinja said.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 22nd, 2013, 08:35 PM
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Spoiler:

Kidding aside, yes, either a retyping of...something is in the works, or there is a new type. We don't know which, as LycaNinja said.

Cyclone
lol..! I hate nazis..! :-<
i hope so that no new type (atleast fairy) is introduced.
Old May 24th, 2013, 09:01 AM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
Can I make my own rumor? Listen to this...
I think there will be a domino-like Pokemon that evolves into a dice thingy.
WHY? a few weeks before X & Y were even announced, I had a dream that Nintendo is going to make a new gen, & as a teaser they showed the Pokemon I mentioned, when I woke up I posted about it in the General Pokemon Chit-Chat section...
This may be purely silly or crazily supernatural, I just thought about mentioning it here & hear opinions.
Old May 24th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonygooseD View Post
Can I make my own rumor? Listen to this...
I think there will be a domino-like Pokemon that evolves into a dice thingy.
WHY? a few weeks before X & Y were even announced, I had a dream that Nintendo is going to make a new gen, & as a teaser they showed the Pokemon I mentioned, when I woke up I posted about it in the General Pokemon Chit-Chat section...
This may be purely silly or crazily supernatural, I just thought about mentioning it here & hear opinions.
I don't think you can call it a rumor one can talk about if you admit it's from a dream you had a couple weeks before the games were announced. :\
Old May 24th, 2013, 02:35 PM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Err, okay.
But I must say I saw other people talking about their dream visions too you know...
Old May 24th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Err, okay.
But I must say I saw other people talking about their dream visions too you know...
I don't think he's saying that there's something wrong with discussing it, it's just not exactly a rumor. Rumors are generally coming from someone who claims to have a reliable source, or are some sort of in depth theory. An idea for a new Pokémon isn't exactly a rumor, it's just that, an idea. Especially when you reveal the source is a dream, it kind of takes the mystery out of it =P

On what you actually suggested though, I guess it's a cool concept, but I feel like a domino and a pair of dice are kind of a strange physical idea for a Pokémon. I guess I can kind of see it, going from a sort of thinner domino with maybe 3 dots on it, then evolving into the dice where it becomes bigger, and both of them have a three on them? No clue really =P
Old May 25th, 2013, 04:59 AM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

I meant that the domino folds & becomes a dice, every black dot is an eye, so it's like a creepy creature that can see in all ways
And I actually don't think it's that ridiculous, I mean we have pokes inspired by inert objects like Magnemite, Voltorb, Rotom (its formes), Trubbish...etc, so I don't think they would mind making that Pokemon

Last edited by AnonygooseD; May 25th, 2013 at 05:14 AM.
Old May 25th, 2013, 05:09 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
I meant that the domino folds & becomes a dice, every black dot is an eye, so it's like a creepy creature that can see in all ways
It's been said that the first Pokémon stem from dreams the designers had. Basically, we're pitting their dreams against each other. Yowza.

This meanwhile is an interesting concept. Likely won't happen though.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 25th, 2013, 01:33 PM
zoroarkrules25

It could though, believe it or not i had a dream about gothitelle before black and white was announced, no joke. It was creepy but cool.
Old May 25th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I've never had anything like that happen, but it seems pretty flipping cool, Anonygoose. oo; That's what I think personally. xD; For me I think it could happen~! Anything is a possibility at this point since we haven't really seen anything first-hand, so I wouldn't knock it out so quickly, really~! Even if it's something that Gamefreak themselves seem unlikely to create.
Old May 26th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
I meant that the domino folds & becomes a dice, every black dot is an eye, so it's like a creepy creature that can see in all ways ;)
And I actually don't think it's that ridiculous, I mean we have pokes inspired by inert objects like Magnemite, Voltorb, Rotom (its formes), Trubbish...etc, so I don't think they would mind making that Pokemon :)
Well I'm not a mind reader, so I would have no idea what you were going for =P But also sounds like a cool concept I suppose. Definitely possible, but who knows.
Old May 26th, 2013, 09:13 PM
MJT1990
Unhatched Suicune Egg

Didnt the guy say there would be a new battle system for FLYING types specifically? What do you guys think that would be like? Gaurdian signs or would it be a minigame? Would 2 flying types have to be on the screen and does the way you do it affact damage/ accuracy? That would be crazy.
Old May 27th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJT1990 View Post
Didnt the guy say there would be a new battle system for FLYING types specifically? What do you guys think that would be like? Gaurdian signs or would it be a minigame? Would 2 flying types have to be on the screen and does the way you do it affact damage/ accuracy? That would be crazy.
Honestly, I take information like that with a grain of salt. If said system doesn't get revealed by the next Pokemon Smash, then I highly doubt it's something that's going to be true. Why is it necessary to have a system for flying types specifically? .___.;; I guess it'd be a neat addition, but the question in my mind is: Why? IIRC, this includes levitate users, which means that this new battle system would extend to others like Hydreigon, Gengar, Flygon, the whole nine yards. But again, is it really necessary?
Old May 28th, 2013, 03:02 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJT1990 View Post
A new battle system specifically or perhaps a side game a la Ringer Contests in the anime? If they were to create a battle system specially made for Flying types, then they'd have to do that for almost every other type such as Water for example.
Old May 28th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Honestly, I take information like that with a grain of salt. If said system doesn't get revealed by the next Pokemon Smash, then I highly doubt it's something that's going to be true. Why is it necessary to have a system for flying types specifically? .___.;; I guess it'd be a neat addition, but the question in my mind is: Why? IIRC, this includes levitate users, which means that this new battle system would extend to others like Hydreigon, Gengar, Flygon, the whole nine yards. But again, is it really necessary?
I'm not disagreeing with you, but if it's something that isn't revealed in the next Smash/CoroCoro, that means nothing. I mean, we all thought they would have revealed Sylveon's typing by now, and look where we are still. They can choose to hold out on stuff as long as they want to. Heck, they don't even have to show it to us ahead of time and let it be a surprise for when the games come out. But as a whole I agree with your sentiment =P

If something like this were to happen though, I'd just want to see it come with the return of Contests and have it be a part of that. Plus, I just want to see anime-styled Contests make an appearance in the games, as they'd be so much more fun than the downgraded ones we had in Gen III and Gen IV (and I guess the Musicals as well).
Old May 28th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
I'm not disagreeing with you, but if it's something that isn't revealed in the next Smash/CoroCoro, that means nothing. I mean, we all thought they would have revealed Sylveon's typing by now, and look where we are still. They can choose to hold out on stuff as long as they want to. Heck, they don't even have to show it to us ahead of time and let it be a surprise for when the games come out. But as a whole I agree with your sentiment =P
I really hope that's not the case. xD; Now I'm a person that doesn't really mind surprises all that much, but not revealing something in Smash/Coro and leaving it as some surprise for us fans to find out doesn't really seem all that fun.

Quote:
I just want to see anime-styled Contests make an appearance in the games, as they'd be so much more fun than the downgraded ones we had in Gen III and Gen IV (and I guess the Musicals as well).
Also this! n__n Though honesty, I'm expecting Contests to become more and more washed up, as it happens pretty much every generation past Gen III, so my hopes aren't particularly high for those.
Old May 29th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LycaNinja View Post
Why would we have a Fairy and a Light type? The Sound theory is more likely...
SONICBOOMEON! I CHOOSE YOU!

I didn't know where to post this so I'm posting it everywhere...
Spoiler:

"Someone on /vp/ pointed this out. Kalos may be directly north of Unova in the Pokemon world. This could all be a coincidence, but note how the rivers in north Unova and south Kalos more or less match up. And the mountainous area near the Pokemon League in Unova matches up to the mountainous southern Kalos. Since Gen 5 was a reboot, could Gen 6 allow us to visit Unova? Again this could all be a coincidence, especially due to route numbers having been reset, but it's at the very least interesting speculation."
Doesn't make sense, as Unova has more land to the west, as shown by the Battle Subway map. Not to mention the League is actually a little hill, as on the B2W2 map, through the ice you can clearly tell there is forest behind it.
Old May 29th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Sabrewulf238

If that did become true and Kalos was attached to Unova like that....I have to say it would be a really ugly landmass.

Like some kind of squid continent.
Old May 29th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
Btw, according to the logic of some of those arguing for a Fairy type, all Pokemon should be Fairy type. They say "Fairies are mythical magical creatures". So is every single Pokemon....
Old May 29th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post
Btw, according to the logic of some of those arguing for a Fairy type, all Pokemon should be Fairy type. They say "Fairies are mythical magical creatures". So is every single Pokemon....
I mean, in our universe they'd be considered mythical, but in the Pokémon world it's completely common-place for Pokémon to be there, so that's kind of irrelevant honestly. Plus, Game Freak probably doesn't even care about that kind of logic anyways =P
Old May 29th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

If they name the new type "Fairy-type", I will convince myself that I am too old to be playing this game, haha! Not knocking other people, but I personally hate that cutesy stuff, and having a Fairy type would give Gamefreak yet another reason to oversaturate the Pokeverse with Pokemon like that. But I really like playing......gaaaaaaah, what's a guy to do. I love change, but dang, that's just terrifying me.

ANYWAY, what makes people think that there are two new types being introduced, other than the Gen 2 comparisons?
Old May 29th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Sabrewulf238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerserge View Post
If they name the new type "Fairy-type", I will convince myself that I am too old to be playing this game, haha! Not knocking other people, but I personally hate that cutesy stuff, and having a Fairy type would give Gamefreak yet another reason to oversaturate the Pokeverse with Pokemon like that. But I really like playing......gaaaaaaah, what's a guy to do. I love change, but dang, that's just terrifying me.

ANYWAY, what makes people think that there are two new types being introduced, other than the Gen 2 comparisons?
I heard one of the leakers said that Xerneas would be a Fairy type.....in that case I think Fairy type would be moreso a "magic" or "mystic" type and not strictly pink cutesy creatures.
Old May 29th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Yeaaah, but still. I don't see a lot of badass designs being given the "Fairy" type, not at all. There are always going to be exceptions to generalizations, but not many in this case, probably. And not all cute Pokemon are pink! Pink isn't such a bad color either, haha.
Old May 29th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Sabrewulf238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post
Is that really true?

I mean most pokemon seem pretty normal and unspectacular really (aside from the moves they can use)....I mean to us they're magical creatures but in the pokemon world itself they're probably less so.

More like creatures with amazing powers....it's not exactly the same thing as being magical.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here