Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Stage
Reload this Page Roleplay Discussion Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old May 24th, 2013 (09:21 AM).
Kariyai.
CS

Quote originally posted by EliteBeats:
What Im going towards is, what do you look for in a RP revival? I understand the plot has to be somewhat different to the previous iteration, but therebhasbto be something you look for, something fresh or stuff...
In my opinion, if you're going to bring something back it has to be perfect. It's essential that any problems or concerns that were in the original are ironed out and you present it the best you can.

For instance: One flaw in my SAO RP was that I didn't plan far enough ahead, and each update was a lot of work, so when I got busy it became impossible to manage. What I would do in that case would be make sure I write a few events in advance, so if something comes up the RP can still continue.
art by Churaka
Old May 24th, 2013 (03:38 PM). Edited May 24th, 2013 by ORegan.
I'm dating your mom
Crystal Tier

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by gimmepie:
I have to agree with Machomuu but I'm not entirely sure how you'd have it play out.
I think it would be fairly simple*but not easy* to plan providing there was a lot of key events already thought out. I thought of a couple ways;

The first would be centering on one unit in a military as they go from battle to battle fighting other trainers and Pokemon to the death. Skirmishes could be played out with just that unit while major battles will have them situated in formation with a grand army. Character's could have specialty teams much like Gyms so they can play off each others strengths and cover weaknesses. While focusing mainly that unit, the GM(s) can make regulatory posts about the political environment and global events that occur off screen but still effect the advancement of the RP.

Another way is to do the above, but instead of just one unit, each RPer takes control of a unit commander of a specific type with many different Pokemon species of said type in their ranks and have the RP fight scenes play out like a written version of Rome: Total War.

Could be doable. The Legendaries could also be used as WMD's that wipe out whole villages and kill indiscriminately as well.

EDIT: Thought of more things;

Since the earlier games(Gen I & II) have the age gap problem to a much greater amount that the later ones, maybe the war can be between Kanto & Johto? It would explain Red and Ethan's fathers both dying and a story ark about how the war brought about the creation of Team Rocket. Maybe they were Kanto's secret wet works unit under Giovanni's command and they went a little power hungry by the end?
Old May 24th, 2013 (04:11 PM).
Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!

Nature: Modest
I was wondering whether someone here has had a similar bug to me when I tried to post my RP. I pressed 'submit' and my computer took its time before popping up with a blank screen. Do any of you know why this is the case?

Participating in the following Roleplays:

Click on the images to see SUs

Old May 25th, 2013 (12:07 AM).
the heroes of our time
CS

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by jov0006:
I was wondering whether someone here has had a similar bug to me when I tried to post my RP. I pressed 'submit' and my computer took its time before popping up with a blank screen. Do any of you know why this is the case?
I don't know, but you could ask Skymin if the RP got posted or not (as you probably know, it will only show up for the mod until she approves it) and if not, try again later.

moderator:
x Roleplay Theatre

roleplays:
x Crossroads
x Digimon
x Titans
x Legends

Old May 25th, 2013 (10:08 AM).
Follow the Fireflies
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by ORegan:
I think it would be fairly simple*but not easy* to plan providing there was a lot of key events already thought out. I thought of a couple ways;

The first would be centering on one unit in a military as they go from battle to battle fighting other trainers and Pokemon to the death. Skirmishes could be played out with just that unit while major battles will have them situated in formation with a grand army. Character's could have specialty teams much like Gyms so they can play off each others strengths and cover weaknesses. While focusing mainly that unit, the GM(s) can make regulatory posts about the political environment and global events that occur off screen but still effect the advancement of the RP.

Another way is to do the above, but instead of just one unit, each RPer takes control of a unit commander of a specific type with many different Pokemon species of said type in their ranks and have the RP fight scenes play out like a written version of Rome: Total War.

Could be doable. The Legendaries could also be used as WMD's that wipe out whole villages and kill indiscriminately as well.

EDIT: Thought of more things;

Since the earlier games(Gen I & II) have the age gap problem to a much greater amount that the later ones, maybe the war can be between Kanto & Johto? It would explain Red and Ethan's fathers both dying and a story ark about how the war brought about the creation of Team Rocket. Maybe they were Kanto's secret wet works unit under Giovanni's command and they went a little power hungry by the end?
Well, as for that last bit, I would consider Kanto and Johto to be regions of the same country. The military involved could easily utilize citizens of Johto, I suppose, but under a different, but united, control that wasn't so completely devastated as the Kantonian army?

I'm not sure if legendaries should make any appearance that directly assists either side of the military. Perhaps some of the wild legendaries could become enraged over the struggle and end up wreaking havoc upon both sides?

Also, I think it should take place in an original region. The men of Kanto were killed, but the region itself didn't take any damage. Therefore I think it should take place on faraway shores. The original region could end up falling apart in the process, which is why no one hears of it later on.

And, of the first two things you mentioned, it might be more fun for the roleplayers to take control of prominent characters in separate regiments. Not necessarily the commanders, but a notable face. Perhaps so because they do well, and survive (unless the roleplayer wants their character to perish). It would also give the roleplayers a small group of NPCs to control.
Old May 25th, 2013 (04:05 PM).
I'm dating your mom
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Nakuzami:
Well, as for that last bit, I would consider Kanto and Johto to be regions of the same country. The military involved could easily utilize citizens of Johto, I suppose, but under a different, but united, control that wasn't so completely devastated as the Kantonian army?
Well yeah, the fact that they're called regions (Hoenn, Unove, and Sinnoh included) indicates that they're part of one country...or even one empire. That could be something interesting if we prefer to think that the Pokemon world is ran off a semi-feudal like system where each region is essentially a kingdom and the Elite 4+ Champion are the lords.

But apart from that, the rest of what's been mentioned is based on preference of how you'd like to run an RP. I'm interested either way, and you can bet I'll want to play a part. :D
Old May 25th, 2013 (05:14 PM).
Que sera sera~

Quote originally posted by ORegan:
So, in essence, this would be played out like a small scale nation roleplay, except in place of controlling a nation you control a small unit of Pokémon? I'm not usually a fan of nation roleplays, but this is definitely intriguing.
Old May 26th, 2013 (04:49 AM).
Follow the Fireflies
Crystal Tier

Ah, well, the weird feudal system thing was one of the theories, so that could work. It would certainly be interesting to see, I suppose.

And, ermergerd, we have one of those banner box thingies at the top of the Roleplay Corner now. Life fulfilled~ Thank ye kindly, benevolent overlady Skymin. d;
Old May 26th, 2013 (05:30 AM).
Hey hoo~

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
So... Skymin is going to choose a new "Roleplay of the week" and "This week's tip"? Yay~ something to look forward to every week c:
Sisters
Theme
Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old May 26th, 2013 (05:47 AM).
the heroes of our time
CS

Thank me for telling her to finally make one ;p

And yeeeah, she'll probably be choosing the RP of the week based on her personal whim. Or maybe not, I don't know xD Anyways I trust her with it. She's the mod for a reason, eh? Staff is not exactly known to be selfish, unfair slugs.

moderator:
x Roleplay Theatre

roleplays:
x Crossroads
x Digimon
x Titans
x Legends

Old May 26th, 2013 (05:58 AM).
Hey hoo~

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Quote originally posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers:
Thank me for telling her to finally make one ;p

And yeeeah, she'll probably be choosing the RP of the week based on her personal whim. Or maybe not, I don't know xD Anyways I trust her with it. She's the mod for a reason, eh? Staff is not exactly known to be selfish, unfair slugs.
I can't remember I ever called her one of these things ^^; I just said I was going to look forward to it from now on c: I'm a very curious person so... yeah :D

Oh and thank you for telling her to finally make one RHCP :P
Sisters
Theme
Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old May 26th, 2013 (04:48 PM).
I'm dating your mom
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Nakuzami:
Ah, well, the weird feudal system thing was one of the theories, so that could work. It would certainly be interesting to see, I suppose.
It's really one thing that I thought Pokemon would've elaborated on after almost 17 years. Even the anime doesn't dip into it. <.<
Old May 27th, 2013 (01:33 AM).
Butcher of the Sands
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
Guys guys guys,

So Red and myself have put our heads together to create a WoW RP!
All those interested, we'll start it over the winter/summer break!

OMGWOW!!!
Old May 27th, 2013 (01:38 AM).
the heroes of our time
CS

Ok don't get too exited now, bro. We're still thinking about where and when it'll take place, and we haven't thought of mechanics or plot yet because we wouldn't want to just haphazardly throw it together. Buuut yeah. We've been wanting this for a long time so hopefully it can finally happen ^^

/no #1 procrastinator

moderator:
x Roleplay Theatre

roleplays:
x Crossroads
x Digimon
x Titans
x Legends

Old May 27th, 2013 (01:40 AM).
Fight 'til you win.
Gold Tier

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Retro Bug
well yippee. I've never even played WoW so I'll be on the lookout~

but I'm having an itching for a Rugrats RP for some reason! Someone should make one!

THE EXTREMELY LONELY PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Old May 27th, 2013 (02:15 AM).
under_whelmed
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
A Rugrats RP? I'm not sure how the mechanics would work for that, but I am suddenly craving one myself. :D

I haven't played WoW either, but it'd be very interesting seeing it adapted into a written RP format.
Old May 27th, 2013 (03:47 AM). Edited May 27th, 2013 by Apotheosis.
the heroes of our time
CS

I think I'd rather go with the WoW idea than the Rugrats idea. No matter how interesting the idea of playing a rampaging kid on a toy adventure sounds. Hmmmmm. Or?

But on the serious side, I haven't been in a pokémon RP for a while now. I want to be in one. I just can't decide which one I'll try to sign up for :>

Oh, right. That library could help me, if it was updated.....

/still no #1 procrastinator

FIXED. The library is hereby updated. Let me know if I missed something, though. I will try to keep a better check on it now, with summer coming and all, so that you can actually count on it ^^

moderator:
x Roleplay Theatre

roleplays:
x Crossroads
x Digimon
x Titans
x Legends

Old May 27th, 2013 (04:41 AM).
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I haven't RP'd in months, so, I'd be great to join a new one, or one that's being created.. :3

A Rugrats RP sounds pretty cool! I'm kind of curious on how it works~ *__*

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old May 27th, 2013 (04:45 AM).
Follow the Fireflies
Crystal Tier

. . . AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, Rugrats invasion! D:

Anyways, I know next to nothing about WoW, other than what the acronym stands for and that it's similar to a much, much better and highly upgraded, but not free-to-play Runescape. So, I'll be interested to see what it's like, lol. From what I know, it certainly sounds fun. Granted, I probably won't be active enough to join, but I'll at least check it out. Both Rika and Ichiro have a way of getting me to join roleplays when I shouldn't. -.-;
Old May 27th, 2013 (04:59 AM).
the heroes of our time
CS

Ahahah we are so alluring ;D

HEY, SHAWN AND NAKU. Three people journey RP? If it's just us, we'll surely keep activity up lol 8D Think characters à la Katherina and my old weird inventor in Arcanum and whatever craziness Nakuzami can think up. And think Sinnoh. Yeah, set in stone.

/should stay off coffee for a little while now

moderator:
x Roleplay Theatre

roleplays:
x Crossroads
x Digimon
x Titans
x Legends

Old May 27th, 2013 (05:11 AM).
Follow the Fireflies
Crystal Tier

Oh Rika, you silly Rugrat you, still trying to make a contained little Journey roleplay. That's what PMs and group chats are for! xD

I'm not sure what else to say to make this sound less spammy. :x . . . Well, whatever happened to the idea of the RP Vault?
Old May 27th, 2013 (05:26 AM).
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers:
Ahahah we are so alluring ;D

HEY, SHAWN AND NAKU. Three people journey RP? If it's just us, we'll surely keep activity up lol 8D Think characters à la Katherina and my old weird inventor in Arcanum and whatever craziness Nakuzami can think up. And think Sinnoh. Yeah, set in stone.

/should stay off coffee for a little while now
That'd be fantastic; I'd love that idea forever and I think there should be a RP like that!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old May 27th, 2013 (05:32 AM).
the heroes of our time
CS

No because we'd want to show off our fantastic adventure to the RPC 8D Can't write long texts in group chats without annoying everyone to bits ^^

What was that about the RP Vault?

moderator:
x Roleplay Theatre

roleplays:
x Crossroads
x Digimon
x Titans
x Legends

Old May 27th, 2013 (07:28 AM).
Que sera sera~

I've been pondering this idea for a few days now, and I think it has a little potential. I'm still working out the kinks of this, and by kinks I mean eighty percent of the roleplay idea, but I have the premise and it is a start.

Our story would be set in the Pokémon world, a little under two hundred years ago (mid 1800s), along this world's equivalent of the American frontier. Settled somewhere along the geographical equivalent of Texas or Louisiana, this would be a Pokémon roleplay in a “wild west” setting.

Spoiler:
Our characters would be following in the footsteps of the person who essentially founded the region. Heading here in search of gold, s/he ended up being the first person to map out the entire region roughly one hundred years ago. Following the steps they made has been considered a rite of passage since then, and most people in the region make it a goal to follow the trail at least once in their lifetime. The characters may have been on this adventure before, or they might be experiencing it for the first time. Either way they have met in a small town in the north of the region; the starting point of their journey... I suppose it a similar role that a Pokémon journey does in the modern world.

This mission would not be quite as simple as it appears. They will face treacherous terrain, bandits and corrupt city marshalls, and eventually catch the attention of one of the largest criminal organisations this side of North America. With little more than a revolver in hand and a few processed apricorns around their belt, what chance do they have of keeping themselves alive, let alone stopping these criminals for good?

While I have a rough storyline involved, generally involving the prevention of this bandit gang’s most recent scheme, I wouldn't be surprised if this took a more sandbox approach to it. The players actions would have a far greater influence on how it is run and what takes place than I ever could. The players make the roleplay after all, not the creator.

I hope to make this a gritty representation of the wild west, at least to some degree. Pokémon can be dangerous to both people and other Pokémon in this world, and they can do far more than knock a creature unconscious. The venom of an Ekans can kill a man if he is not careful, and one would never doubt that a wake of Mandibuzz will be circling overhead, waiting for our heroes to make a wrong move. Of course, considering the Pokémon series is usually quite lighthearted, some aspects of the more cheerful and heroic "spaghetti western" genre would likely be involved.

Because of this, I would imagine it would have a T rating, although it might slip into M. We shall see.

So, we come to the point of this post. If I were to expand on this idea, coming up with more specific plot points and fleshing out the setting, would anyone else be interested in joining this kind of roleplay?
Old May 27th, 2013 (07:39 AM).
Furude
Crystal Tier

Nature: Mild
I don't know if I'll be able to find time to join but I love the sound of that!
(Bonus points if you call it Pokemon Unchained haha). If I were you I'd go with the M rating though, I feel it would allow for more interesting game play in an RP like that.

"All right. I'll play a game with this endless June."

Roleplay Theatre | The Underground |
Pairs
Lokiepie, Chalifoux & Crunch Punch
|
Blog
The Pie Bakery

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links