The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central > Spinoff Games

Notices

Spinoff Games If it isn't in the main series of Pokémon games, it goes here (games such as Mystery Dungeon, Colosseum, XD, and so on.)

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 8th, 2013, 12:29 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
So uhh.. I'm at Dialga in PMD: Explorer of Time and I keep dying and having to restart the whole bloody dungeon until I get to Dialga and to just die again numerous times.. Anyone got any tips on beating Dialga? >.<

I'm a Treecko with Slam, Quick Attack, Pursuit & Giga Drain. My teammate is Piplup with Growl, Whirlpool, Drill PEck & Hydro Pump.
We're both level 49, btw.
You should train a bit... at least to level 55 so Roar of Time won't kill you that easily.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old May 9th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
So I lost to Gonzap in Snagem hide out. I went back and he isn't there anymore. I've searched the internet and can't find out what to do, and some threads I've seen say it might be a glitch. I can't progress until I beat Gonzap. Does anyone know what to do? Has this happened to anyone else?

Wonder Trade!!!
Old May 9th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid
Pretty sure it's a glitch, but I think the item you need should be there regardless. This is Colosseum right? So you'd need the D-Disk from him at this point, if I'm not mistaken.
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
Yes, Colosseum. You know, I didn't look for an item or check my inventory. I'll try that.

Thanks for moving this. I didn't see the quick thread til after I posted. Sorry.

Wonder Trade!!!
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Sydian

No big deal, hun! :) And anyway, I'm pretty sure that it is glitched where you can't rematch him, but you can still get the item. Should be the D-Disk, so if it's not in your bag, go back to the room he was in and check. I think it's a sparkly spot and not in a box, so yeah. Should be on a table.
Old May 21st, 2013, 07:41 PM
OliveCopper
Captain of Olive Kappa

I just tried out Pokemon Colloseum, and it is impossible. Early on in the game on Mt. Battle, you will battle against Cipher Admin Dakim, and one of his Pokémon is a Shadow Entei. Shadow Entei defeats the sole purpose of Shadow Pokémon. It is uncatchable, breaking free out of every ball you throw at it. Only a Master Ball can successfully snag this Shadow Pokémon. It's like the game encourages you to use a cheating device!
Old May 21st, 2013, 09:43 PM
Sydian

Entei has a low catch rate, I'm afraid. So it may take some time to catch, but it's not impossible. I have played that game tons of times and I catch Entei in most of my runs on the first try. Granted, my first time through, I didn't get him haha. I'm sure that since it's your first time playing, it seems difficult but really, it just takes some patience, like with catching legendaries in any game. :)
Old May 21st, 2013, 11:42 PM
Limerent
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
By that time in the game i'm fairly sure you can get a shadow swablu, I purify that and evolve it to Altaria, make sure it knows sing! Do some damage to Entei to get it to yellow HP, then put it to sleep. With a double battle you can throw a Pokeball and use Sing in the same turn, keeping Entei snoozing so he doesn't use faint himself with Shadow Rush, and it increases the catch rate. It might take a few tries but good luck!
Old May 22nd, 2013, 01:07 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

(Why is "Shiny" in the thread's name?)

You must really have a bad luck. I caught it with no problems.
I caught every legendary dog in the first battles against Cipher admins.

Old May 22nd, 2013, 04:32 AM
OliveCopper
Captain of Olive Kappa

Sorry if it says "shiny" instead of "shadow", I didn't notice that.

Unfortunately, I am unable to train Swablu to evolve it into an Altaria. I defeated every trainer there is at that point, and Swablu hasn't gotten enough experience to reach Level 35. How am I supposed to do any training?
Old May 22nd, 2013, 07:52 AM
Sydian

You can rebattle the trainers in Pyrite Town. :) There's also the Pre-Gym if you haven't done that, in Phenac City. Also, merging this with the Q&A thread since it's question-y. Then we also won't have to deal with the inaccurate title, lol.

Edit: btw, Altaria ia an amazing Pokemon that you should keep on your permanent team! I'm really biased though lol
Old May 22nd, 2013, 05:02 PM
Limerent
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
You can rebattle the trainers in Pyrite Town. There's also the Pre-Gym if you haven't done that, in Phenac City. Also, merging this with the Q&A thread since it's question-y. Then we also won't have to deal with the inaccurate title, lol.

Edit: btw, Altaria ia an amazing Pokemon that you should keep on your permanent team! I'm really biased though lol
Altaria is definitely amazing, no bias required I swapped one from a GBA Game and had two or maybe even 3 high levelled ones in total... But uh, you could also vs the Pyrite Colosseum a few times, get yourself some nice money and TM's in addition to experience! Don't forget those annoying trainers in the dilapidated building with the "Off Limits" elevator

Last edited by Limerent; May 22nd, 2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 12:16 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliveCopper View Post
Sorry if it says "shiny" instead of "shadow", I didn't notice that.

Unfortunately, I am unable to train Swablu to evolve it into an Altaria. I defeated every trainer there is at that point, and Swablu hasn't gotten enough experience to reach Level 35. How am I supposed to do any training?
Do you have Umbreon?
Toxic works like a charm as well.

Old May 26th, 2013, 05:34 AM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
Hey everybody, the first spinoff game I've played was Red Rescue Team, I didn't like it because of its difficult controls & not so cool graphics, but I kinda liked the story...
I then saw screenshots of Gates To Infinity & I liked the graphics a lot, so...
Do you think Gates To Infinity might be the one for me? (please list pros & cons
Old July 11th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonygooseD View Post
Hey everybody, the first spinoff game I've played was Red Rescue Team, I didn't like it because of its difficult controls & not so cool graphics, but I kinda liked the story...
I then saw screenshots of Gates To Infinity & I liked the graphics a lot, so...
Do you think Gates To Infinity might be the one for me? (please list pros & cons :)
Honestly going from Red Rescue Team to Gates to Infinity is quite a jump. If I were you I'd play Sky/Darkness/Time. It probably has the best features out of all the dungeon games. I haven't played the new games but after reading up about them they work a lot differently to the others. Legends seem to be unavailable to use in your team and can only be battled with downloads. Legends in the other games are recruitable and thus usable.

I think if you're looking for a good storyline (and super long!) go for Sky/Darkness/Time where 492 Pokemon are available (491 for Time/Darkness) the graphics are the same as Red/Blue but imo the graphics are simple and cute. The 3D ones though seem to be better Pokemon-wise though as 5th Gen Pokemon are available.
Old July 19th, 2013, 10:08 PM
X-Tyranitar
Professional Rom Hacker

Nature: Naughty
Can I get anyone to help me decide a great pokemon team for my second time playing this game?
I'm just not sure which pokemon to use
I hope to get a bunch of replies regarding what anyone thinks
Old July 19th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Espeon
Wailrein (Spheal from Blue brother)
Ampharos (Mareep from Yellow brother)
Flygon (Trapinch from PokéSpot)
Ninetales/Arcanine
And something like Aggron if you need full party.

Old July 24th, 2013, 10:46 PM
apsol2

I'm playing explorers of sky and trying to recruit a pokemon whose IQ group is group B.
Since I'll give it all the gummies I have to make it the new team leader, I have to choose what to recruit wisely.
Celebi, Manaphy, Jirachi and Lapras seem useful among group B, but I have to choose only one of them because I don't have much time to raise all four of their IQ.
Can you recommend a group B pokemon who can be a good leader?
Old July 25th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Have you completed the game?
'cause there's no point in making new leader unless you have completed the game =)
I would advise either Jirachi or Manaphy but it depends on the rest of the team.
What other Pokemon you want to use?

Old July 25th, 2013, 12:57 AM
apsol2

I almost have completed the game story. I already went to Azurill's nightmare and now only Palkia and Darkrai are left.
When I finish the story and get a new leader, I'm gonna evolve my starter Chimchar and partner Turtwig and still use them as team members. And I'm planning to get a Drifblim as a team member.
Old July 25th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by apsol2 View Post
I almost have completed the game story. I already went to Azurill's nightmare and now only Palkia and Darkrai are left.
When I finish the story and get a new leader, I'm gonna evolve my starter Chimchar and partner Turtwig and still use them as team members. And I'm planning to get a Drifblim as a team member.
Iron Head Jirachi can prove to be real toughie but...
Water types are always useful in PMDs so... go for Mana

Old July 29th, 2013, 07:55 PM
GuardianofAura
Aura Guardian

Welcome! I am creating this post to help all of you out there who need help with PMD games. I am a veteran at PMD, especially Explorers of Sky, and will gladly answer any questions you have. E.g. How can I defeat Grand Master of all Things Bad? or Where do you find the Amber Tear? I can answer nearly any question you throw at me, as long as it's from the PMD games, and i'll answer with care. If you need help, feel free to ask for it! =D
Old July 29th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuardianofAura View Post
Welcome! I am creating this post to help all of you out there who need help with PMD games. I am a veteran at PMD, especially Explorers of Sky, and will gladly answer any questions you have. E.g. How can I defeat Grand Master of all Things Bad? or Where do you find the Amber Tear? I can answer nearly any question you throw at me, as long as it's from the PMD games, and i'll answer with care. If you need help, feel free to ask for it! =D
You don't need to announce it... xD
Once someone asks, someone answers it that's how it goes.

Old July 31st, 2013, 04:06 AM
Elaitenstile
➜is not the last B E A C O N

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
You don't need to announce it... xD
Once someone asks, someone answers it that's how it goes.
True dat.

tbh my question is:
What are the Pokémon differences between PMD - RRT and PMD - BRT?

Previously known as Elaitenstile 
Old July 31st, 2013, 04:25 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★ View Post

What are the Pokémon differences between PMD - RRT and PMD - BRT?
Bulbapedia has a list =)
There are not many differences but since Blue is DS version, it's considered superior =)

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here