The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 21st, 2013, 02:36 PM
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
Ah, well, okay maybe I'm a little important. *heh* But I rather enjoy being back to a normal member, or at least being a retired co-owner, letting more active members run the day-to-day things for the club.

I will, however, never be a retired Shiny hunter! I've already set my sights on Fennekin (the first starter after Cyndaquil that I've wanted Shiny) once X & Y are out. MM hatching, I never did have the personality type to sit and do soft-resets.

Now, should I finish Black Tower and pick up my Shiny... or finish the Dex and go get the shiny on Island? Dex would actually be easier, and moving over a few of my big EV'd pokes would go far on finishing the Tower.

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old May 21st, 2013, 04:22 PM
fishyfins
Reality Sculptor

Well, after 227 SRs (681 starters seen), this lil girl popped along to meet me

I not sure how to say it, but my perpetual good luck with shinies is almost taking all the thrill away :/ if i keep going like this, i may give up :/

If im honest, i really had my heart set on a shiny chikorita, so ima gonna keep SRing till i get one of them, and let that be the start of my badgequest XD
Old May 21st, 2013, 06:09 PM
Cheesecake(GlassTheDragon)

Nature: Hardy
Ahhhh Shiny rattata after 7419 REs in Heartgold not counting it for my Badge Quest

Well I'm going to keep going til I see a pink sheep I was actually quite happy to see this shiny because i thought this was going to
take a really long time. The rattata has calm nature and guts which is awesome I'll update later with the IVs.

I tried to upload the picture but i have less than 15 posts and I cannot upload it so I will put it in my signature

IVs
HP:22
Atk:6
Def:17
Sp.Atk:12
Sp.Def:17
Spd:25

Last edited by Cheesecake(GlassTheDragon); May 22nd, 2013 at 03:18 AM.
Old May 21st, 2013, 06:36 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
I'm giving my Jap. Ditto a break from the daycare on my W2. I got a Jap. Torchic today and put it with a female Torchic I got earlier. So far about 60 Torchic eggs hatched. Bad thing is, I can't get them hatched fast enough before having another egg waiting at Daycare lol.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:14 AM
simplysam
Unhatched Egg

Congrats to all those who've found shinies recently~
c:
Still trying to hatch my shiny sneasel. Not going too well ahaha. xD That and I've lost count of how many eggs I've hatched. I'm not very good at this shiny hunting thing so far. xD Ahh well, I'm determined to get myself a shiny sneasel!
Old May 22nd, 2013, 06:30 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

I was about to stop for the night and that is when this guy appeared from one of the eggs.

Quirky Nature
Hatched in Castelia City
IVS: All were 6.

So that ends that hunt. It was the 85th egg to hatch. I will now work on Wurmple.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 06:52 AM
simplysam
Unhatched Egg

Congrats on the shiny torchic, that's awesome! 8D Torchic is pretty epic~
Old May 22nd, 2013, 09:51 AM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
First of all major congratulations to:
GlasstheDragon on your Rattata, even if it wasn't what you wanted,
Fishyfins on the Totodile,
and Iceman and on the Torchic!
(Anyone mind me borrowing your luck?? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⊗Slenderman⊗ View Post
I hadn't even realized that turning your game off changes anything. I don't know if I'm completely understanding your post, though- does that mean it would be more effective to hatch eggs (without turning the power off) than to SR for a Pokemon? (Not using MM, I mean)

I'm still searching for a shiny Eevee, and have been SRing in Goldenrod, but now I might have to try MM'ing for one, instead. I actually always keep a Japanese Ditto in the daycare center, so when I breed my Pokemon, there's a tiny chance it will be shiny. {:
Again, turning it off only effects hatching. It isn't crucial, don't worry. No, it wouldn't be more effective at all, because you'd still need to know your frame, which you can't, and if you did that is no longer shiny hunting but RNGing really. Any method to hatching is equally useful, but if you are hatching I do recommend MMing, as the lower odds balance out the time immensely. Hatching without MM is like trying for a roamer! XD I was just interested in the mechanics.

EDIT: (Just wanted to add as I read your post and realised what you may be thinking - I believe the 1/8192 odds of finding a shiny are all to do with the frames anyway. IRNG and RNG work differently, so no, hatching would be no more effective than SRing as the shiny frame reset stuff only applies to hatching. It is obviously involved in SRing but not in the same way.... *hopeless explainer*)
Hope that clarified it a bit for you anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Demoonica Darkmoon View Post
Ah, well, okay maybe I'm a little important. *heh* But I rather enjoy being back to a normal member, or at least being a retired co-owner, letting more active members run the day-to-day things for the club.

I will, however, never be a retired Shiny hunter! I've already set my sights on Fennekin (the first starter after Cyndaquil that I've wanted Shiny) once X & Y are out. MM hatching, I never did have the personality type to sit and do soft-resets.

Now, should I finish Black Tower and pick up my Shiny... or finish the Dex and go get the shiny on Island? Dex would actually be easier, and moving over a few of my big EV'd pokes would go far on finishing the Tower.
Lol! Yeah, I don't know if I could ever be an owner!
I too have almost decided to Soft Reset for Chespin - rather interestingly the recent scan revealed this to be the starter selection screen:

It looks a bit like the Heartgold and Soulsilver one, doesn't it? Perhaps this means we will be able to see if they're shiny before we pick them too...? Wouldn't that be awesome. It definitely will mean I won't need to get another 3ds to dual soft reset or anything!
As for the dex or tower, I have no clue as I haven't got that far xD

EDIT: I keep forgetting to update my hunts recently. Eevee MMing is at 2765 right now haha. I fell asleep yesterday so I only did 30 or so instead of 100 Also, I accidentally turned my DS off, so I'm scratching the keeping it on thing. It will use less energy lol!

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.

Last edited by TheShinyEevee; May 22nd, 2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 04:08 PM
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinyEevee View Post
Lol! Yeah, I don't know if I could ever be an owner!
I too have almost decided to Soft Reset for Chespin - rather interestingly the recent scan revealed this to be the starter selection screen:

It looks a bit like the Heartgold and Soulsilver one, doesn't it? Perhaps this means we will be able to see if they're shiny before we pick them too...? Wouldn't that be awesome. It definitely will mean I won't need to get another 3ds to dual soft reset or anything!
As for the dex or tower, I have no clue as I haven't got that far xD
It... was work, we had a few cheaters back in the day who everyone could see through, but it was all cleared up eventually.

Oh, I hope they well show shiny on that screen! *crosses fingers* Even if it's not a Fen I would take a shiny starter (and toss it onto another copy, thankfully I tend to pick up both versions of a new game at the same time, though I waited months to get White 2 because I didn't feel it was a big a game change-up to be worth saving hard for both at once)

Heh, I'm working on both Black Tower and White Hallow (I'm actually further in white in this case.)

I only need under 30 more in the Unova Dex on Black though to be allowed onto the Nature Preserve-Island.

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old May 22nd, 2013, 07:33 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

I keep restarting my Black 2. I want to beat the Black Tower for Shiny Gible, but I have a hard time going through WB2 a second time for some reason. On the first ones I have been through Black like 4 times.

Anyways, an update on my Shiny Wurmple hunt. I have hatched about 60 eggs so far and no luck. Haven't really tried much today. After I get Wurmple, I think I am going to start on Roggenrola or Piplup Shiny. Good luck on all of yalls hunts.

I do happen to have a question, how do yall make those shiny hunting boxes in most of yalls signatures?
Old May 22nd, 2013, 08:50 PM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Well after a 4 month break from pretty much everything gaming related I decided to pick up where I left off on my hunt for the shiny charm. Up to 350ish right now so still a long way to go. But after trading over i should only need a few extras and I can finally get back into the hunting. Been a good break from most games. Was mainly playing on off on my huge backlog. Before I started more casual stuff.

X and Y also brought me back, Liking the look of the 3DS, going to be the only reason I buy one as the rest of the games haven't really interested me.

Hopefully I can be more active than I used to be now.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:04 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

No luck on the Eevee hunt yet. I've moved on to just encounter wild Pokemon and hope that I find a shiny. Over 200 REs yesterday, still nothing. I plan to Pokeradar something today (maybe Shinx? My friend wants shiny Luxio, and I could also clone it for my trade shop) along with EV training my Gible.

Good luck with your hunts. {:
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old May 23rd, 2013, 07:13 AM
pokewalker
If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poldie View Post
hey guys,

Does any1 know if there is still a legit way to get mew btw?
I believe there is, in fact. In emerald or ruby / sapphire, don't exactlt know which one, you can catch a mew.

By the way, gonna pick up my manaphy hunt THIS SUMMER! Let's see if I can beat G-Money.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 10:00 AM

Thanks for all the congrats guys it means alot!

Yeah already back to another 1000 REs for mareep not sure whatll I'll get this time hopefully not another rattata but if I do get rattata i hope it doesn't take to long. As for my swinub hunt now on day 8 i swear 5% Jynx appears way more than 40% swinub it's insane well good luck everyone and good luck on your hunts.

Good luck eeeveee i really want you to get that eevee soon!

and as for the image you posted that would be awesome if they were SRable that way but I'd probably never get the starter I like the most xD.

Old May 24th, 2013, 08:40 PM
j_Woo
Patnogonian

Well, I've got a japanese metagross and an american ditto. Guess I'll start Masuda-ing for a shiny beldum :3

^Play these, they're mo betta^
Old May 25th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Poldie
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
EDIT: Poldie, you can actually still hunt Mew on Emerald by using the Run Away method, but you need an Action Replay to get to the island where mew is. It depends if you count that legit.
Is it also possible to do it in saphire? And does a ds action replay work for this as well? Never really used my action replay... :p

I might make mew as shiny contest then. And eventualy clone one for myself( or isn't That legit?) :D

Gratz on all the new shinies guys. Still workig on cobalion with 2900 SR's so far .
Old May 25th, 2013, 12:52 AM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
Thanks for the luck GTD

Quote:
Is it also possible to do it in saphire? And does a ds action replay work for this as well? Never really used my action replay... :p

I might make mew as shiny contest then. And eventualy clone one for myself( or isn't That legit?) :D

Gratz on all the new shinies guys. Still workig on cobalion with 2900 SR's so far .
Nope, unfortunately this event was only ever released for Japanese Emeralds, but with an action replay you can get it on English ones. I don't know about the DS replay, I don't actually own one myself, but here's the link to the code:
Spoiler:

As far as I know most people consider cloning legit including me, but will let you know if they don't
Hope you get Cobalion soon!

I'm at 2950-ish eggs so far. I'm going to be out a lot of today, but I'm off school until next Monday, so I will hopefully get Eevee within a week.
Latios Master, how many eggs have you hatched for Litwic??

EDIT May 26th: 3100 eggs!

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.

Last edited by TheShinyEevee; May 26th, 2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old May 25th, 2013, 01:27 AM
Poldie
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Nope, unfortunately this event was only ever released for Japanese Emeralds, but with an action replay you can get it on English ones. I don't know about the DS replay, I don't actually own one myself
Thanks for the help! :D
I don't have the emerald game sadly, but i will try to get the ticket on a emulator, and then put the save file over to my EZ flash card . It's not the way it should normally go , but really want a shiny mew

Good luck on your shiny eevee hunt by the way

EDIT: so I've been trying to "cheat" the Old sea map for the mew event on 2 emulators and nothing seems to work, bye bye mew event

Last edited by Poldie; May 25th, 2013 at 03:21 AM.
Old May 25th, 2013, 05:50 AM

My mareep hunt now at 8819 REs from when i got ratatta so 1419 more REs I'm not expecting anything to soon and my swinub hunt is now @ day 10 lol swinub stop hiding and show your grey self .I'm gonna hunt like a madman for these next 3 days I have off to get these 2 hunts over and done with have to study all next week for my finals T.T.

Good luck on the cobalion and eevee hope they both shine really soon and the mew sounded like a good idea but i guess it isn't happening?

Old May 25th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Poldie
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesecake(GlassTheDragon) View Post
My mareep hunt now at 8819 REs from when i got ratatta so 1419 more REs I'm not expecting anything to soon and my swinub hunt is now @ day 10 lol swinub stop hiding and show your grey self .I'm gonna hunt like a madman for these next 3 days I have off to get these 2 hunts over and done with have to study all next week for my finals T.T.

Good luck on the cobalion and eevee hope they both shine really soon and the mew sounded like a good idea but i guess it isn't happening?
Thanks, hope cobalion Will shine soon :-)

As of mew, if I can find a way to get the old sea map and get the event working to get to fareway island, the competition Will be a fact.
But at the momment I don't see a way to do it.
I do have a flash card where I could put the save data and game on to SR tho. But the cheats on the web are not working on the emulator and I don't have an original copy of emerald or action replay for GBA.

If anyone knots a way let me know :-)

Good luck on mareep and swinub btw :-)

UPDATE:

I got the 4 tickets for the event pokémon in Emerald now .
Only Problem is: I have to beat the game first before I can use them .
a question tho: If i activate the events with a cheat code on a emulator, will they still be activated when I copy the game= save data to a flashcard? :D

Last edited by Poldie; May 25th, 2013 at 09:46 AM. Reason: update
Old May 25th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Kitori
[ ICE QUEEN ]
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
@theroguewriter: Congrats on the shiny metapod!

@MrWasabii: Welcome! And congrats on your shiny treecko!

@TSE: Congrats on the shiny totodile! I think I already congratulated you... but I'll do so here too. xD

@GlasstheDragon: Welcome! That's quite the list of shinies. O_O

@Poldie: That's a nice challenge! I would participate. :]

@Spritingyoshi22: Congrats on the roselia and bidoof! Have you joined the Shiny Hunting Challenge yet? If not, you should since you're already doing a badge quest! :D

@simplysam: Welcome!

@C Dillinger: Welcome!

@Iceman3317: Welcome back! And congrats on the shiny torchic!

@Kirozane: Oh man, that's so irritating! :( I don't know how your game could glitch to make your rival's pokemon shiny? Was it supposed to be yours?

@Lady Demoonica Darkmoon: Welcome back and congrats on the shiny bouffalant!

@fishyfins: Congrats on the shiny totodile!

@Razor302: Welcome back!

Sorry if I missed anyone with welcomes and congrats! I tried but I had quite a few pages to catch up on. Everyone who hasn't joined the Shiny Hunter Challenge and is doing a badge quest should do that! :D

Now that people have been talking about SRing for starters in X&Y I think I will too! @_@; I'm so excited for it to come out! I hope we can see if they're shiny before we pick them like in SS/HG.

I've been SRing for a shiny chimchar myself... I stopped counting how many because I'm on vacation out of state and I didn't bring my calculator with me. I was hoping I would get it before I was off vacation but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen since I head home tomorrow morning... but who knows. Today is a relax day so I don't have much to do other than SR. x3

Let the storm rage on....
The cold never bothered me anyway.

[ TRADE THREAD | FRIEND CODE | TWITTER | CHALLENGE | PAIR♥]

Old May 25th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Just an update guys.

I am at about 160 Wurmple eggs and no luck, but again haven't been doing much with the eggs.

I did however start a secondary hunt for a Shiny Roggenrola, bur no luck. Don't know how many encounters I have had. Once I finish one of these, I plain to restart my SRing for Shiny Ho-oH on HeartGold.
Old May 26th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Poldie
Unhatched Egg

Good news guys,

I got the Old sea map event to work to get to Faraway Island for (shiny) mew.
So i will be SR'ing for shiny blue mew ♥

So the MEW-contest will be a fact!

I'm just waiting for permission to start the contest.

This is how the contest will go:

I'll be SR'ing for the shiny mew.
The members of the club can guess how many SR's it'll take to get shiny mew.
The member who got the closest guess will win a shiny mew.
You can start guessing already, but there is no date yet when I will stop the entries.
When I start the competition I'll post an overview of all the contestants and their guesses.

How to participate:

1. Quote "I want to join the shiny mew-competition" at the bottom of this post, and add your SR-guess.
2. Send me a private message with your guess(so i can keep better track of the contestants).

CONTEST RULES:
1. Double entries will be disqualified.
2. You have to send me a PM with your guess AND also post your guess in this thread or it won't be a valid guess.
3. (Ofcourse) the guess in the PM has to be the same as the one you post here.

I want to join the shiny mew-competition
Old May 26th, 2013, 05:43 AM

Quote:
"I want to join the shiny mew-competition"
Well guys now at day 11 of hunting swinub and I reached 2100 REs for mareep since rattata. I hope I get something from ice path soon. But we'll just have to wait and see. As for Poldie's contest looks like I'll be the first to signup but i probably won't win xD.Good Luck Everyone!

Guess:5700 SRs

Old May 26th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Poldie
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesecake(GlassTheDragon) View Post
Well guys now at day 11 of hunting swinub and I reached 2100 REs for mareep since rattata. I hope I get something from ice path soon. But we'll just have to wait and see. As for Poldie's contest looks like I'll be the first to signup but i probably won't win xD.Good Luck Everyone!

Guess:5700 SRs
Thanks for participating and good luck.

Don't forget to put your guess in a PM too

Good luck on mareep and swinub. seems like a hard hunt

And I forgot to say: Good luck in the competition to all who will try their luck :D

Sponsored Links

Advertise here