The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

View Poll Results: Ruby or Sapphire
Ruby 4 40.00%
Sapphire 6 60.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 15th, 2013 (01:23 AM).
FIKRI 29
Pokemon tamer

Nature: Bold
Hey i'm fikri
Ruby or Sapphire
i'm confused to choose one
Old May 15th, 2013 (05:51 AM).
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Although I've personally never played them, all paired versions pre-Gen V are almost identical except for some pokémon and in this case the colour of the team. Personally I'd have gone for Sapphire as Kyogre > Groudon, Ludicolo > Shiftry and Lunatone > Solrock IMO.
The other version exclusives are:
Ruby: Latios, Zangoose, Mawile
Sapphire Latias, Seviper, Sableye

Seeing as you won't be affected by nostalgia like people who got them when they came out, I would say the version exclusives are the only real deciding factor.
Old May 15th, 2013 (11:28 PM).
Brendino
Strike that. Reverse it.

Nature: Quiet
^Aside from the version exclusives, Ruby and Sapphire were the first main games to have different storylines in each version, facing Team Aqua in Sapphire, and Team Magma in Ruby.

I personally preferred Sapphire of the two, because Kyogre was much more exciting to me than Groudon, and it was also the first brand-new Pokemon game that I've ever owned.

Moderator of Pokémon General
Old May 16th, 2013 (06:03 PM).
lmcde22

Definately Sapphire! Kyorgre is epic

Old May 16th, 2013 (06:28 PM).
TenaciousWolf
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Modest
I personally preferred Ruby, mostly because I, unlike most, prefer Groudon over Kyogre. I also prefer many of the other version exclusives, and I like Team Magma more than Team Aqua.

Forever a fan of Lickitung.
Old May 26th, 2013 (06:26 AM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

Nature: Timid
I've been thinking about this for a while, but even though Ruby and Sapphire are the two main games of gen III, we don't need this and a thread between Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. So yeah.

Locked.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links