The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Should Bulbasaur start with Solar Beam to match the Manga?
Yes 2,732 88.61%
No 351 11.39%
Voters: 3083. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:37 PM
warlockopain

Advertise here
Hey wow its amazing.........But shall v have to download all d beta's ???
Old May 18th, 2013, 04:39 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by warlockopain View Post
Hey wow its amazing.........But shall v have to download all d beta's ???
No, download the latest beta.
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:56 PM
MegaZX30

I'm not on here ever really... but I just want to say this looks like an awesome hack! I've personally never read the manga,but just by the Story Arcs names & pics it seems it has some interesting things to pull from.
Can't wait for the final product! Personally waiting so I can play it with one go, lol.
In the mean time I'm debating if i should read the manga itself or not. Not knowing the actual story makes me feel like I have much more anticipation for the game not knowing how the events will play out.
Though at the same time, I see I can potentially miss events by not having Pokemon in my party at the right times.

I do have a question about that as well, I see it's obvious I could miss events from not having a pokemon in my party at a specific point in game.

But I'm not 100% clear on your wording -
"Event changes depending on certain POKEMON in your Party."

I feel this implies certain events can still occur but turn out differently if a Pokemon is or is not in your party but to what extent. Would it have a major impact or just a minor difference to the way it plays out?
Old May 19th, 2013, 12:06 AM
warlockopain

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanmegaman View Post
No, download the latest beta.

Ok thnxxx bro !! i will download d latest beta
Old May 19th, 2013, 12:23 AM
Tojo

I found a bug in latest beta. After releasing three pokemon from Prof.Oak's lab, when you already found spearow and cubone and then head to viridian, talk to guy standing near Viridian gym before entering gym, he has Oak's script. He asks you if you want to keep Bulbasaur and then the game tells you that you just received pokedex. If you want to check it, you have no bulbasaur and no pokedex and after i entered Viridian gym, Bulbasaur wasn't there and i pressed A on a rock and the game froze.
Old May 19th, 2013, 03:31 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo View Post
I found a bug in latest beta. After releasing three pokemon from Prof.Oak's lab, when you already found spearow and cubone and then head to viridian, talk to guy standing near Viridian gym before entering gym, he has Oak's script. He asks you if you want to keep Bulbasaur and then the game tells you that you just received pokedex. If you want to check it, you have no bulbasaur and no pokedex and after i entered Viridian gym, Bulbasaur wasn't there and i pressed A on a rock and the game froze.
Yeah, fixed that for beta 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaZX30 View Post
I'm not on here ever really... but I just want to say this looks like an awesome hack! I've personally never read the manga,but just by the Story Arcs names & pics it seems it has some interesting things to pull from.
Can't wait for the final product! Personally waiting so I can play it with one go, lol.
In the mean time I'm debating if i should read the manga itself or not. Not knowing the actual story makes me feel like I have much more anticipation for the game not knowing how the events will play out.
Though at the same time, I see I can potentially miss events by not having Pokemon in my party at the right times.

I do have a question about that as well, I see it's obvious I could miss events from not having a pokemon in my party at a specific point in game.

But I'm not 100% clear on your wording -
"Event changes depending on certain POKEMON in your Party."

I feel this implies certain events can still occur but turn out differently if a Pokemon is or is not in your party but to what extent. Would it have a major impact or just a minor difference to the way it plays out?
Yes, some events that only occurs when certain pokemon are in your party.

For example, When batling Surge, if you have Poliwhirl, you get to play an underwater map where you can catch water Pokemon and find a Water Stone. Although, that doesn't mean you can't fight Surge at all if you don't have Poliwhirl, it just mean you won't be able to play the Underwarer Map.

In addition, some events would changes depending on certain pokemon in your party. For example, in the fan club, if you have PIKACHU in your party, the club member will acknowledge Pikachu. If you don't have Pikachu, it'll just simply play the scene normally. These type of scene doesn't affect your gameplay, but it's just a nice easter egg for the manga's fan.

Last edited by Aethestode; May 19th, 2013 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Sum

Great hack, loving it!

Just a question, I might have missed this. Where can you get the HM's? Likt Cut or Flash?
Old May 20th, 2013, 02:10 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum View Post
Great hack, loving it!

Just a question, I might have missed this. Where can you get the HM's? Likt Cut or Flash?
Haven't implement them in the game yet, because I the manga doesn't really focus on those HM at all. But, I would put them in eventually.
Old May 20th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Nature: Naughty
Very good hack havent seen any great hack for a while that i like but there are always bugs that prevent me from playing first i got 1 of the first betas and game froze on the event with misty then i downloaded beta 2 and game froze after you battle Cubone and now with 2,6 i get a freeze again lol...

Edit:

Btw im using Gameboid dont know if thats the problem
Old May 20th, 2013, 06:18 PM
oathkeeper

This is hack is Great! I'm looking forward for the Final Beta of this Project
Old May 21st, 2013, 07:05 PM
GozetaGX
Just a passerby Trainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald McEagleston View Post
Then yeah, you're supposed to catch it.
In the manga, Red pulls out Bulbasaur, Leech Seeds it, and I think uses Poison Powder, then catches it and gives it to Misty.
If you fail to catch it in the game, Koga releases it to go wreak havoc and such.
This is kinda like out of topic but still in same topic XD but.....What is your opinion about Pokemon Adventures Manga so far?more awesome then anime or what?
Old May 22nd, 2013, 12:26 AM
warlockopain

Hey can i ask u a question??
when we reach viridian city .... and den when v go to ss anne and den underground when sum 1 throw us down the sea , what v hav to do next ?? plzz tell im stucked der what to do now ? how to *** up ?? This "SS ANNE ROBBERY ARC" i saw images but still didnt get up
Old May 22nd, 2013, 12:58 PM
Seikatsu Enjeru
Unhatched Egg

All you gotta do is go to the end, get the water stone and I think look around a bit at the end of the map and Poliwhirl will come out and you'll continue on o.o
Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:28 PM
Ryastarling
Pokemon Qudditch Captain

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ryastarling
awesome hack, little tiny glitch that happened once but luckily i saved before, reloaded the state and it didnt happen after. After battling possesed rival in the top of the tower in lavender town if you go and click a on the pikachu that's staring at the fire the game freezes
Old May 22nd, 2013, 04:23 PM
cheezburgur5793

my emulator is being wierd and wont show anything but me in the ocean during the ss anne arc could someone post pictures to show me how it looks down there
Old May 22nd, 2013, 06:42 PM
SSsquirtle
Unhatched Egg

when i download the 2.6 beta it still gives me a level 100 Poliwhirl :/
Old May 22nd, 2013, 11:13 PM
warlockopain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seikatsu Enjeru View Post
All you gotta do is go to the end, get the water stone and I think look around a bit at the end of the map and Poliwhirl will come out and you'll continue on o.o

Hey thnxxxx a lot !! And i got it !!
Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:27 AM
blazerj13
Impossibly Possible~

Nature: Adamant
hey what exactly is the lake monster Arc? ive been curious about that ever since i saw it on the first post and i reallly dont wanna play the game untill its finished.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 05:37 PM
Reaper716

this hack is soooooooooo good!
u totally unroll the comic storyline, Loving it is the only option i have~
Old May 24th, 2013, 01:26 PM
playplayj
TheArchangle

Hey just started this hack and I'm enjoying it a lot but I have a few things to say about it. After you get Bulbasaur there are some glitches that will make your game freeze. If you walk directly strait back in Viridian Gym to the two rocks with one space in between them and face the one on the left your game will freeze. Additionally, outside the old man to the right of the gym if you talk to him will make the text with you receiving Bulbasaur again and if done multiple times the game will freeze. Don't know if these have already been reported but these are just somethings I felt should be pointed out for the next Beta release.

For the actual gameplay, all is great except imo Pikachu could use the Light ball to increase its power. I don't know if you get it later but as of now it would help.
Old May 25th, 2013, 12:30 AM
Yasuhiko
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Relaxed
I enjoy this hack, but still can't understand the storyline. Maybe later. Btw where are the HMs?
Old May 25th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Aethestode
Hacker

Okay, I have not stopped making this hack I'm just taking a break. I'm at the stage where I have so many Uni assessments and exams that I can't focus on this. However, I'll resume when I'm on holiday which is close =). Thank you for the support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
Very good hack havent seen any great hack for a while that i like but there are always bugs that prevent me from playing first i got 1 of the first betas and game froze on the event with misty then i downloaded beta 2 and game froze after you battle Cubone and now with 2,6 i get a freeze again lol...

Edit:

Btw im using Gameboid dont know if thats the problem
Try using VBA, and set da settin to real-time event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GozetaGX View Post
This is kinda like out of topic but still in same topic XD but.....What is your opinion about Pokemon Adventures Manga so far?more awesome then anime or what?
I think it's better than the anime due to it being darker and just flat-out more interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryastarling View Post
awesome hack, little tiny glitch that happened once but luckily i saved before, reloaded the state and it didnt happen after. After battling possesed rival in the top of the tower in lavender town if you go and click a on the pikachu that's staring at the fire the game freezes
Yeah, I will fix that for beta 3. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerj13 View Post
hey what exactly is the lake monster Arc? ive been curious about that ever since i saw it on the first post and i reallly dont wanna play the game untill its finished.
It's just a filler arc I've created, it's like a side mission. Basically, it's about a "monster" abducting people and possibly killed them in the in the Cerulean Waters. The arc isn't finished yet, but I have placed hints on what exactly is the creature, and the history of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playplayj View Post
Hey just started this hack and I'm enjoying it a lot but I have a few things to say about it. After you get Bulbasaur there are some glitches that will make your game freeze. If you walk directly strait back in Viridian Gym to the two rocks with one space in between them and face the one on the left your game will freeze. Additionally, outside the old man to the right of the gym if you talk to him will make the text with you receiving Bulbasaur again and if done multiple times the game will freeze. Don't know if these have already been reported but these are just somethings I felt should be pointed out for the next Beta release.

For the actual gameplay, all is great except imo Pikachu could use the Light ball to increase its power. I don't know if you get it later but as of now it would help.
Thanks, i'll fix those glitches for beta 3. Yeah, I hate how Advance Map sometime reassigns code to another character. Yep, planning to do that. I'm also learning how to do temporary sprite changes (for the upcoming arc) and different method of evolution to get rid of those annoying "trade" evolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper716 View Post
this hack is soooooooooo good!
u totally unroll the comic storyline, Loving it is the only option i have~
Thank you, really appreciate it =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasuhiko View Post
I enjoy this hack, but still can't understand the storyline. Maybe later. Btw where are the HMs?
IF you read the manga, it's actually more easier to understand. Basically, the manga differs a lot from the anime. The manga focuses more on Team Rocket's evil plot, whereas the anime focuses on the hero (Ash) gym battles.

Although, the character still collects badges in the manga, it is not a requirement to do so inorder to participate in the Indigo League. The badges are just there to make the character's pokemon stronger. The manga story really just simply starts off with the hero travelling to catch more pokemons and fill up Prof Oak's pokedex to prepare for the Indigo League that is startign soon, however, he then found himself competing against his rivals and eventually get in the middle of Team Rocket's scheme.

The HM aren't in the game yet, because the manga haven't really introduce them at this point yet. Sure HM:Cut and HM:FLASH existed during the bike race arc, but the "hm" wasn't really introduced until later. However, I planned to add the HM in beta 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oathkeeper View Post
This is hack is Great! I'm looking forward for the Final Beta of this Project
Thank you, really appreciate it. I'm taking a break now due to assessments and exams. But I'll resume after i finish.

Last edited by Aethestode; May 25th, 2013 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 26th, 2013, 02:10 AM
Muchasmarcos
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Lax
''BETA 2.6
This beta only fixes the lvl 100 POliwhirl glitch, where when you talk to the girl while facing her. If you did not get a lvl 100 Poliwhirl, then don't bother downloading this beta.''

The bug is still there. Also when holding down the A-button the game ressets.
Old May 26th, 2013, 07:44 AM
AmazingCharizard
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator

Nature: Brave
Great hack, I really like it.
But I got one question: The current beta goes up to Lavender Town, right? After the Bike Event I can´t pass because that girl(Yellow? I have no idea xD)has the script of Snorlax.

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
2.Use Google to find the rom you need.
3.PATCH THAT THING AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
Old May 26th, 2013, 08:30 AM
playplayj
TheArchangle

Just completely finished Beta 2.6, really enjoyed it! You did a great job with Poliwhirl's evolution into Poliwrath placing the water stone underwater.

One thing I would change is how Bulbasaur evolves. In the manga I'm pretty sure he doesn't become Ivysaur until Celadon so once you figure out how to change how pokemon evolve, making it so Bulbasaur evolves into Ivysaur through a certain item you can only get in Celadon would be cool because I already have a level 25 Ivysaur and I'm in Lavender Town. Additionally I'd do something similar once you reach Silph Co. because that's when Ivysaur becomes Venasaur. I would bump up the base stats of Bulbasaur and Ivysaur a little bit also. Great hack so far though! Really loved this beta it and I can't wait for the next update!

Sponsored Links

Advertise here