The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Questions & Feedback

Notices

Community Questions & Feedback Your one-stop shop for all things related to PokéCommunity. Tell the community leaders they suck how wonderful they're doing, ask for help with a certain feature or where to post something... that kind of thing.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 26th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me

Nature: Naughty
I think this might be a Microsoft issue.

OK now you just simply cannot use the align, colour, font and other styling options when editing your signature in IE v6+.

I did try to align my text center but when I clicked on "Preview Signature" none of then align or styling options are saved and reverts back to the signature before you started editing.

Now here is the fustrating part:
Clicking on "Preview Signature" randomly crashes my browser (this is on all the workstations in the office) if using Microsoft Internet Explorer v6+

Some Info:

Operating System:
Microsoft Windows Seven Enterprise

Internet Connection Type:
Sattlitte

Browser:
Microsoft Internet Explorer v9

Same Error on diffrent vB forums:
No

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand

Old May 26th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura
I killed Syd's bf

Nature: Lax
Before we can work further, I'd like to gauge if the issue can be replicated by other users or other computers first. That said, worth a look into.

The visual editor is nice and all, but for now you might need to use the "Standard Editor". The setting to change this is found here under "Message Editor Interface". I can't imagine why the Preview button would crash the browser, though.

As standard practice, also make sure your browser's up to date - check Microsoft Update and make sure your copy of IE has the latest security patches (or upgrade to Internet Explorer 10).

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old May 26th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Spherical Ice

In any case, it's the glorious year of our lord and saviour Jesus Harold Christ two-thousand and thirteen, why on Earth are you still using IE?
Old May 26th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Catalyst.
Nothing of significance

Can't seem to replicate this on IE9. I bolded and centered the word "Test", and it previewed exactly as it should. No crashing either.

Internet Explorer 9, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit, DSL Connection
Old May 27th, 2013, 02:06 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura
I killed Syd's bf

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
In any case, it's the glorious year of our lord and saviour Jesus Harold Christ two-thousand and thirteen, why on Earth are you still using IE?
Because as of IE10 it's actually a good browser, maybe? Not that he has any choice in the matter, from the sounds of it.

And since your office is still running IE9, I hope they're all patched up. No alternate browsers available?

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old May 27th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Terabyte

Nature: Jolly
...why are you even using PC on a public computer at work anyways? That adds to a less safe browsing experience if you stay logged in and don't delete cookies.

But like most, I was unable to replicate the issue, and I used IE8 as my example, with Windows XP SP3, Media Center edition. (in a VM nonetheless). No crashing nor that alignment problem at all.
Old May 27th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Catalyst.
Nothing of significance

If you'd like later today I can set up an XP VM and test IE6.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links