• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Guys guys guys,

So Red and myself have put our heads together to create a WoW RP!
All those interested, we'll start it over the winter/summer break!

OMGWOW!!!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Ok don't get too exited now, bro. We're still thinking about where and when it'll take place, and we haven't thought of mechanics or plot yet because we wouldn't want to just haphazardly throw it together. Buuut yeah. We've been wanting this for a long time so hopefully it can finally happen ^^

/no #1 procrastinator

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
well yippee. I've never even played WoW so I'll be on the lookout~

but I'm having an itching for a Rugrats RP for some reason! Someone should make one!

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
Years
A Rugrats RP? I'm not sure how the mechanics would work for that, but I am suddenly craving one myself. :D

I haven't played WoW either, but it'd be very interesting seeing it adapted into a written RP format.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I think I'd rather go with the WoW idea than the Rugrats idea. No matter how interesting the idea of playing a rampaging kid on a toy adventure sounds. Hmmmmm. Or?

But on the serious side, I haven't been in a pokémon RP for a while now. I want to be in one. I just can't decide which one I'll try to sign up for :>

Oh, right. That library could help me, if it was updated.....

/still no #1 procrastinator

FIXED. The library is hereby updated. Let me know if I missed something, though. I will try to keep a better check on it now, with summer coming and all, so that you can actually count on it ^^

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I haven't RP'd in months, so, I'd be great to join a new one, or one that's being created.. :3

A Rugrats RP sounds pretty cool! I'm kind of curious on how it works~ *__*

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
. . . AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, Rugrats invasion! D:

Anyways, I know next to nothing about WoW, other than what the acronym stands for and that it's similar to a much, much better and highly upgraded, but not free-to-play Runescape. So, I'll be interested to see what it's like, lol. From what I know, it certainly sounds fun. Granted, I probably won't be active enough to join, but I'll at least check it out. Both Rika and Ichiro have a way of getting me to join roleplays when I shouldn't. -.-;

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Ahahah we are so alluring ;D

HEY, SHAWN AND NAKU. Three people journey RP? If it's just us, we'll surely keep activity up lol 8D Think characters à la Katherina and my old weird inventor in Arcanum and whatever craziness Nakuzami can think up. And think Sinnoh. Yeah, set in stone.

/should stay off coffee for a little while now

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Oh Rika, you silly Rugrat you, still trying to make a contained little Journey roleplay. That's what PMs and group chats are for! xD

I'm not sure what else to say to make this sound less spammy. :x . . . Well, whatever happened to the idea of the RP Vault?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Ahahah we are so alluring ;D

HEY, SHAWN AND NAKU. Three people journey RP? If it's just us, we'll surely keep activity up lol 8D Think characters à la Katherina and my old weird inventor in Arcanum and whatever craziness Nakuzami can think up. And think Sinnoh. Yeah, set in stone.

/should stay off coffee for a little while now

That'd be fantastic; I'd love that idea forever and I think there should be a RP like that!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
No because we'd want to show off our fantastic adventure to the RPC 8D Can't write long texts in group chats without annoying everyone to bits ^^

What was that about the RP Vault?

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
I've been pondering this idea for a few days now, and I think it has a little potential. I'm still working out the kinks of this, and by kinks I mean eighty percent of the roleplay idea, but I have the premise and it is a start.

Our story would be set in the Pokémon world, a little under two hundred years ago (mid 1800s), along this world's equivalent of the American frontier. Settled somewhere along the geographical equivalent of Texas or Louisiana, this would be a Pokémon roleplay in a "wild west" setting.

Spoiler:

So, we come to the point of this post. If I were to expand on this idea, coming up with more specific plot points and fleshing out the setting, would anyone else be interested in joining this kind of roleplay?

Years
I don't know if I'll be able to find time to join but I love the sound of that!
(Bonus points if you call it Pokemon Unchained haha). If I were you I'd go with the M rating though, I feel it would allow for more interesting game play in an RP like that.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I've been pondering this idea for a few days now, and I think it has a little potential. I'm still working out the kinks of this, and by kinks I mean eighty percent of the roleplay idea, but I have the premise and it is a start.

Our story would be set in the Pokémon world, a little under two hundred years ago (mid 1800s), along this world's equivalent of the American frontier. Settled somewhere along the geographical equivalent of Texas or Louisiana, this would be a Pokémon roleplay in a "wild west" setting.

Spoiler:

So, we come to the point of this post. If I were to expand on this idea, coming up with more specific plot points and fleshing out the setting, would anyone else be interested in joining this kind of roleplay?
YES. Very much so! I'd love to see a properly made wild west pokémon trainer RP.

And yeah, call it Pokémon Unchained. Ahaha~

Also, guys, check out the revamped Journeys Through Novia, GM'd by gimmepie. Pokémon journey RP on tropical islands.

Last edited:

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
Glad to see the idea already has some interest.

You'd be surprised how appropriate the name would be. I just so happened to come up with the idea by playing Pokémon Black II and then immediately jumping over to watch Django Unchained for the first time on DVD. Add a passing interest in the American frontier and you have a roleplay idea waiting to come to life!

Great, now I'm genuinely considering calling it Pokémon Unchained... The P is silent?

If I were you I'd go with the M rating though, I feel it would allow for more interesting game play in an RP like that.

I completely agree. I'm not entirely sure which boundary it would fall into, but considering the wild west was not the most hospitable of places making it an M rated roleplay is becoming all the more likely. It would allow for a grittier atmosphere, and that was my intention.

Years
He's alive!!!

Welcome back Heretostay!

Back to Grif's RP - If you call it Pokemon Unchained I may be forced to join haha, funny that you actually were watching Django though >:O
I think you'll be making the right decision going with the higher rating and I must say I love your premise for the journey. You should do a sketch of a region map using Texas as a base (like how Kanto through Sinnoh were made from parts of Japan).

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
The idea of a pokemon-war RP sounds interesting. Certainly different to other journey RPs.

Personally, I can't picture a pokemon/wild west based crossover. It's a bit too niche for me ><.

For anyone who is interested in a small ish (6 people) magic-based RP you should click my signature (wordpress link).

What I have so far is the basic laws of the land, and the history for the RP. Where my story and the RP separate though is the generation they are based on - the RP would follow the children of the family of mages whilst my writing is more centered around the lives of four siblings.

My main concern about running the RP as it is is the limitation - not only to only six characters but six related characters. I'm sure it would limit the spark for relationships if people were forced to either be incestuous or go after NPCs...

So, it's a work in progress. If you're interested though feel free to read and send me some critique! XD Or I can send you the more RP-specific details that I have written up somewhere.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Welcome back, heretostay. Hope you feel eager for some roleplaying, because there are a lot of them open now, I'd think.

I think you'll be making the right decision going with the higher rating and I must say I love your premise for the journey. You should do a sketch of a region map using Texas as a base (like how Kanto through Sinnoh were made from parts of Japan).

OR AUSTRALIA just to annoy Sweet_Dreams because of deserts and whatnot.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Hey guys. Life has finally permitted me to come back. Permission to come aboard?
Actually, we recently adopted this "Leave and Don't Return" policy, so now only newbies can come here.

No, but really, it's good to see you back again. We've got a host of new RPs to join.

@Grif of Hearts - Dear God name it Pokemon Unchained. I like the idea already, the setting and the story create for a unique yet realistic mesh between Reality and Pokemon, and that's already got me interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back