• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Golurk's Gallery

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2013
I feel like the bottom half of the body doesn't line up with the top half correctly, or it may just be me

Years
No I definitely agree with you Xrock. Should be better now!

uQwesKi.png

Sirfetch’d

VrocEA0.png

water/psychic

I'll probably go back later and make it smaller (as its huge) and fix the tail, but anyway here it is!

Sorry Tom for waiting so long to post, I was gonna earlier and then forgot :I Really good job on the evo here, and I really feel as it if has the Pokemon look to it(aside from being huge haha) The shading looks really well done and the colors all look well together. Can't wait to see you name this cute little guy!

Keep posting :D All of the sprites are awesome.

EDIT: You are special so your thread gets my 800th post ;]

Last edited:
Years
Woo it's been a while since I updated, but that's due to school being busy :(

Anyway, I made a little ground worm:

Dp2hkhy.png

It needs work but I'll come back to it later.

Also, I decided to dabble in animating...

Spoiler:

I gotta say I'm pretty pleased with my second attempt! (as my first attempt animating the manatee was cut short when my computer turned itself off and silly me forgot to save)

EDIT: fixed the animation of right arm and tail somewhat

Spoiler:

Finally I got it to a place where I was happy with it. I fixed up the tail movement, and though its choppier it makes more sense:

CfWZb1i.gif
(I also spoilered the earlier ones as I found them really distracting haha

Last edited:
Years
Okay so this is my final final version of the manatee. Basically I just slowed it down. I know it's not perfect but I'm getting tired of animating it lol, and I still think it's pretty good for a first attempt!

Znsf8WW.gif

Also I revamped the worm, and changed Torbat's shading a bit:

fKfwdFa.png

And I revamped the worm but apparently forgot to save :( So all that work is gone unfortunately, but I'll hopefully recreate it soon!

Years
Finally made the grass starter for my region! It's a simple design, but I think it has a bit of a chikorita vibe going on? It was originally a lot more complex but it didn't look right so I completely redid it, and I'm very happy with the result!

dwkqNEM.png
Ceractus, the tiny cactus pokemon:

Entry 1: This pokemon travels in herds through the desert with its evolved form. If an enemy attacks the herd, Ceracti are quickly pushed to the center of the group.

Entry 2: If this pokemon is separated from its herd, it can hide under the sand for up to 12 hours at a time. When hiding, only this pokemon's cactus-like tail can be seen.

Sirfetch’d

Anyway, I made a little ground worm:

Dp2hkhy.png

It needs work but I'll come back to it later.
This one was super cute for me, because its so tiny, and there is nothing like it. The mud on him was placed well, and the coloration and shading of the sprite really all works together well, and makes for a cool unique sprite! I hope you decide to do an evo for this one, because it seems like it may fit the role of a baby pokemon? At least to me, and its still simple enough where it has a ton of potential for an evo!

Okay so this is my final final version of the manatee. Basically I just slowed it down. I know it's not perfect but I'm getting tired of animating it lol, and I still think it's pretty good for a first attempt!

Znsf8WW.gif
Your original attempt that you posted really looked well, and you did a good job for your first try, however slowing it down in the final edit really improved it a lot. It just seems more natural for a manatee to move slightly slow. Also seems less choppy and the movements are much cleaner.

Also I revamped the worm, and changed Torbat's shading a bit:

fKfwdFa.png

And I revamped the worm but apparently forgot to save :( So all that work is gone unfortunately, but I'll hopefully recreate it soon!
Sorry to hear about the worm :((. Also Torbat looks great!!

Finally made the grass starter for my region! It's a simple design, but I think it has a bit of a chikorita vibe going on? It was originally a lot more complex but it didn't look right so I completely redid it, and I'm very happy with the result!

dwkqNEM.png
Ceractus, the tiny cactus pokemon:
Really cool and unique grass starter! We don't have a ton of dinosaur pokemon, and this one really is unique. Its a simple design that works and I see a ton of potential for a couple of cool evos!

Cant wait to see the water starter finished!

Years
Ceractus has quite the potential although it looks dull because of the lack of features other than the flower there. Maybe add some small appendages and add some more colours and designs on the body instead of just having that green body colour overwhelming the whole sprite.

Back