The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 9th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

Advertise here
Not really unless Im really upset about something, I wont swear.
Old May 9th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

I cuss when I'm around my friends. I use the f word to exaggerate things, you know? Instead of the mean old lady it's the ****ING MEAN OLD LADY. To make the story more exciting. :p
Old May 9th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Penta Penguin
October 9th... make or break. Your choice.

I tend to swear a lot irl, but when I'm on the internet, I don't swear that often. If I'm annoyed or angry by something, I can swear about 4x as much.

Looking for a scripter for Pokemon Dark Nebula.

~Twitter~ ~Youtube~
Old May 9th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Sammi
I change my usertitle as often as PC changes slogans
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Offline I swear all the time when I'm at home, and try my best not to when I'm at work. Doesn't usually work though. >___>;

Online it's a lot easier for me to filter. Don't get me wrong, I still do. But I try not to as much, just because. It's kind of refreshing that I don't here, simply because it's against the rules. :p
Old May 9th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
i cuss when i'm really angry or when i'm very excited but i don't like cussing tbh.

Old May 9th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
I look at swearing as an art, kind of like poetry. Sure, I know a lot of words, but how can I string them together to leave the most memorable impact? The world of swearing is so vast that basic swears are just boring. Toss out a few compound swears, use them as different parts of speech, say something completely nonsensical in the same tone that you swear in! It's all so much fun.
Old May 9th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
Oh my god, I am such a potty mouth. I throw the f bomb way too much, and it's casual conversation too. Don't even bother coming around me when I'm mad, I'll literally be cursing in every other word I say.

As for my opinion about it, I don't think it's a bad thing. I mean, I'd rather not hear little kids say it, but when the appropriate age comes (circa 15) I believe it's understandable. Teenage angst, ya know? I'd rather people don't do what I do, though, and that's curse too often. It makes you look bad, trust me.
Old May 9th, 2013, 07:39 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Dipu, you sound like someone I know. X}

Oops, didn't catch the part about your opinion on swearing in the main post.

It doesn't bother me, even if it's directed at me, which is pretty often haha. I'm very used to it by now, but it does throw me off to hear certain people swearing- specifically if they normally don't.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)

Last edited by ⊗Slenderman⊗; May 9th, 2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old May 10th, 2013, 01:33 AM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Well I curse often when I'm with friends or on the net, but other than that I don't, & whenever I do it's not too much because that would make me look extra trashy...
The curse words kinda relief my anger when I'm very pissed off of something or playing a game, but as I grow up these words will look more & more childish to me, but I'm not all that grown yet
Old May 10th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Sylphiel

Nature: Quirky
I've actually started cursing quite a lot in recent years; I think it's mostly because I got over my "amg it's so bad" mindset and just let myself go. I used to be utterly shocked and appalled whenever someone would curse...now it's like, they're just words like any other, why should I get shocked at them?

I won't do it in mixed company, around kids, or in places where cursing is frowned upon. Get me into company that doesn't mind it, though (or actively partakes in in themselves), and yeah, there goes my mouth. A lot of time it's just swearing of the "for effect" variety - though I'm not above dropping f-bombs when I get extremely annoyed at something. X(
Old May 10th, 2013, 07:18 PM
-Jared-
Certified Responsible Adult
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
In my head, my inner voice is a potty mouth that swears about everything and everyone. But somewhere between my brain and my mouth, it goes from "WHAT A ^*(&^ING ^(*&^(" to "She can be pretty unpleasant." This makes people see me as much more "innocent" than I really am. >__>
Old May 18th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
I do it all the time in front of friends, but that's pretty much it. Although other people at work (including my immediate bosses and co-workers) can swear up a storm, I find it really unprofessional in a workplace setting, if I'm being completely honest. And I guess I still have psychological issues from swearing in front of family, as though I'm not a child anymore, i just instinctively... don't, when I'm around them. But when I'm out of their orbit, it's like my mouth morphs into that of a sailor or something! You can't stop me from f'ing and blinding! :D
Old May 18th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Rϵd
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
Not rly. i often swear to make my friends laugh. I rareoy swear like this: "**** [something]" thats all. :/ oh yeah i swear, but rarely, when im very surprised or somethiing like "OH MY ****ING...!"

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server

I am gone bye
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Tsutarja

Depends on whom I'm around. I seldom curse in front of my girlfriend, but only in frustration. I never curse at home (or in front of my parents/older brother anywhere), but I'll curse like a sailor with my friends at lunchtime.

As for online, I know where to curse and where not to curse, so I am careful with that. Like on PC and other forums, I'll keep my mouth clean, but in my IRC channel on the IRC network I co-run, I'll curse like a sailor all the time, and the swear filter is turned off, lol
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Seki
You idiot!

Since I grew up like a few months older since the last thread with this, now I swear quite a lot, with a few f u and the f u version in another language occasionally.

However, I only swear only when I am really angry, or when a friend disturbs me.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old May 24th, 2013, 02:54 PM
MisterCotton

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to MisterCotton
I use to swear when I was in the 1st-3rd grade. Today, the only times I do are when I'm online or doing voice portrayal.

In my honest opinion, it's okay to cuss every once in a while. I don't mind if a friend use those words in a conversation for exaggeration or for humor. However, when one tends to overuse them, that will make them look and sound bad.

Old May 24th, 2013, 09:06 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I don't even remember. They're words? I don't know.

I generally don't mind one way or the other, but to be honest they seem like a pain to say. I'm lazy.

Old May 24th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Airhead
Banned

Nope, never. And I chastise those who do, constantly reminding them that it is not necessary. Just say Freak in stead of the F-word, say Rats in stead of the S-word and say I'm mad in stead of I'm P-word! Simple and easy.
Old May 24th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Nature: Relaxed
I curse like a sailor when I'm around good friends and casual company. And I curse out people who disrespect me too, but not as much as I used to. I have a really professional career, so I dare not speak like that in that environment. Well.....sometimes, haha.

I don't think it matters what you say. I think the meaning behind your words is a lot more important. So yeah, cursing for everyone!
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

I curse like a sailor when I'm alone, occasionally when talking to family, and hardly at all when out in public/with friends.

Disclaimer: Bible Belt in the US. That's why I can curse more freely with my family than with my friends.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:31 PM
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I curse like a sailor as well, both online and off.

Helps me deal with my frustrations easier.
Old May 27th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Powalen

I swear a LOT especially online as there isnt anything to deter me from doing it. I also swear around my friends simply because I always have, and so have they so it is just natural. When I am around family my filter kicks in and I have it all under control :D. Personally I wish I didn't swear as much as I do, but that is just because I could use better words.

Old May 27th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Munchlax11
Munch?

Nature: Serious
I do when I'm mad. Or when I'm out with friends. I would never curse in front of my family though. (just like many of you; because of the way I was raised) Mainly just when I'm mad. I usually don't mind others cursing, unless it's unnecessary, or excessive, or both.

|Ever Grande City Forums|My Profile|PM|Pokemoon Chatbox

Pokemon X
3DS FC: 2852-7439-1811
(VM if you add)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here