The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 26th, 2013, 07:04 PM
buckeyestilidie
Unhatched Egg

Is there anyway to not allow people to enter cheats in the game? I'm making a game or switching some things around in my FR and plan on having a little competition with my friends and wanna make sure no one cheats to win lol is there a particular script or setting?
Old May 26th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Nature: Careful
I took a brake from hacking for quite a long time, but now I'm back and I want to create a full hack. I already have years of experience so don't worry about skill level. Just a simple, quick, (YES OR NO ANSWER) question for ya'll: Is it worth the effort?
Old May 26th, 2013, 09:04 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Nature: Quiet
Heck yes. The thrill is like no other. Plus a few people got jobs or are studying to get jobs in game development companies from doing this kind of thing.

Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue

Join me in the chat! Get help or just talk, I really don't care :D | Click here: http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...omhacking,GoGo
Old May 26th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Flandre Scarlet
Free your mind.
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by giradialkia View Post
Yeah, tried that. I'm generally unlucky with tutorials- this is one of those cases, it just hasn't worked for me and doesn't look like it's going to. I have a method to change the instruments (within the song, not the ROM) that works absolutely fine, I just want to know exactly what instruments can be worked with in Ruby so I know how to compose around that; it's an odd way to go about it, but it works for me (so long as I know, again, what instruments I'm working with).
Not sure if your question has been answered, but here goes anyway.

So, basically you just want to know which voicegroups in Ruby play which instruments? There's a few documents around PC that Magnius wrote a while back that I still use to this very day. Here's a link to the RSE one:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...ent+voicegroup

You can also go in sappy, go to a battle song (where most of the good instruments are played like Trumpet, Strings, accordion and so forth) and note the voicegroup offset, and search for it in this document. There you will find all of the instruments that the voicegroup consists of. But, you could always just look through the document and find a voicegroup that suits your needs (whether you're composing a town/city theme, victory theme, battle theme etc.).

But just keep in mind that there can only be a certain amount of DirectSound instruments playing at once (I can't remember how many in Ruby though... I think it's like 4 or 5 or something?) and I think you need a certain amount of Square sounds/Wave sounds. But anyway, see how you go.

Hope that answers your question :)
Old May 27th, 2013, 03:15 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Ruby naturally plays five but following my tutorial you can make it play seven.

Join me in the chat! Get help or just talk, I really don't care :D | Click here: http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...omhacking,GoGo
Old May 27th, 2013, 04:23 AM
kearnseyboy6
Aussie's Toughest Mudder

Hi guys, If I have a map of 40x80 dimensions, I am aware increasing this to 40x100 will overwrite the next bytes and cause map glitches BUT can I safely change the dimensions to 60x60 (same area) without it glitches?

Or do I have to repoint the whole map? -.-

Thanks
Old May 27th, 2013, 04:29 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Repointing has always been safer. Theres no loss obviously.

Old May 27th, 2013, 05:54 AM
kearnseyboy6
Aussie's Toughest Mudder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
Repointing has always been safer. Theres no loss obviously.
Thanks, I will do this!

Also I edited overlds (15 and 76 to be exact) and place their correct frames in the right place... But when ever I use them in scripts or applymovements specifically the move but their frame does not. Even if I set the overworld to look up they always have frame 0 applied to them.

Any reason for this or how to fix it?
Old May 27th, 2013, 06:43 AM
885ertd
Unhatched Egg

For some reason, Advance Map is not saving events. If I try to go to a different map, a box pops up that asks me to save. If I hit "Save" or "Cancel," nothing happens, while "No" takes me to the other map, without saving the first. What's going wrong?
Old May 27th, 2013, 07:08 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

@kearnsneyboy6
It happens when you import an ow without repointing. Just importing and saving corrupts the frame loader.

@885ertd
There is a save button at the top left of the program.

Old May 27th, 2013, 07:27 AM
885ertd
Unhatched Egg

That one is the one not working.
Old May 27th, 2013, 09:22 AM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by 885ertd View Post
That one is the one not working.
What version of A-map do you have?

Paired with Simba
Old May 27th, 2013, 09:27 AM
AlexMonroe
Demigod of Time

Location: NOT 27 Whitewood Road, Bayswater Avenue, Auckland, New Zealand
Nature: Hasty
Hey, I was wondering if there was a way to change a type in Fire Red from being a physically-attacking type to a specially-attacking type or vise versa. Any info is helpful.

Thanks!
Old May 27th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Wewillburythem
Unhatched Egg

Might anyone be as to so kind to tell me how to edit a sprite pallet in overworld editor (Rebirth)? And if it is impossible to do it in (Rebirth), then is there another possible way to edit a sprite palette? I have been searching for about 3 weeks now, so I joined this site to hope for an answer.
Old May 27th, 2013, 12:02 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

use nse classic. it is better and does way more than your OWeditor program.

Old May 27th, 2013, 02:24 PM
885ertd
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
What version of A-map do you have?
I have version 1.95 and I'm using a Leaf Green rom.
Old May 27th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Synchronous
Hacking is moving to the cloud.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kearnseyboy6 View Post
Hi guys, If I have a map of 40x80 dimensions, I am aware increasing this to 40x100 will overwrite the next bytes and cause map glitches BUT can I safely change the dimensions to 60x60 (same area) without it glitches?

Or do I have to repoint the whole map? -.-

Thanks
Well, you could do it under certain circumstances. The way map data is programmed in GBA games is like HTML, with <tr> and <td>, so what you have to worry about is the actual size of the data. In your case, 40x80=3200, while 60x60=3600, causing an overwrite, as long as another map's data is within 400 tiledata bytesets of your map.

Old May 27th, 2013, 03:09 PM
milkymew

Nature: Relaxed
this is more of a pc problem than a hack problem, but i cant use advancedtext because mcafee detects it as a virus and deletes the executable. my mom is the admin of my computer, and i doubt she will give me the password to remove the only antivirus this computer has. and thingy32 is too tedious. what do???

Username: milkymew
Partner Pokemon: Flareon

Titles:[None]
Tatum's PokePet

Fira the level 80 Typhlosion!
Old May 27th, 2013, 03:20 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkymew View Post
this is more of a pc problem than a hack problem, but i cant use advancedtext because mcafee detects it as a virus and deletes the executable. my mom is the admin of my computer, and i doubt she will give me the password to remove the only antivirus this computer has. and thingy32 is too tedious. what do???
I always turn of McFee for the period I use programs it likes to delete. I have never needed a password to do a temporary turn off. Unfortunately, there is no "safe-list" that you can put files on that you don't want deleted (which is quite unfortunate). Over the summer, I built my own PC from spare parts of my friend's computer building and run all of my hacking stuff offline on it. The PC itself cost me 20 bucks and runs like the Flash:p. So, if you are decent with technology, that is an option.

Another option is to try and use XSE. Use a hex editor, like thingy, to find your text, and then go to the offset of said text and you may be able to edit it in XSE. Never tried it myself, but it could work.

Paired with Simba
Old May 27th, 2013, 04:27 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Yeah i do it in xse all the time. Just type
= message.

Then compile and boom! You inserted text without the need of a whole script.

Old May 27th, 2013, 05:13 PM
lala0629
Unhatched Egg

When I use NTME for my indexed sprite, when I open it it says "Run Time Error" and a bunch of numbers. Then it closes my NTME. Can somebody tell me how to fix this?
Old May 27th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Cold Ivory

Nature: Mild
I have a new error arising in my hack - I removed the truck animation at the beginning of Emerald, but now when I warp out of the truck, all of my movements, as well as many oddly background animations, are slowed to something like half or quarter speed.

Oddly enough, putting any sort of level script in the warped-to map fixes the problem on that map, but as soon as I enter a map which has no level scripts again, everything slows down.
Thoughts?
Old May 27th, 2013, 08:06 PM
kearnseyboy6
Aussie's Toughest Mudder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
@kearnsneyboy6
It happens when you import an ow without repointing. Just importing and saving corrupts the frame loader.
I repointed each of the frame images to 900000 for frame 0, 900100 for frame 1 etc for all 9 frames. I changes the pointers at the images location. But it still has the same problem with scripts. Or was repointing the images not the problem?
Old May 27th, 2013, 09:02 PM
robin22gongon

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to robin22gongon
Okay I have some questions!

1) We all know that Mastermind_X made an ASM Code to create unlimited shinies but, how do we make it so that the Player will NEVER EVER encounter a shiny?

1.5) On a side note, how do I use the Shinyzer? I already inserted the ASM it gives on an Emerald ROM and the tool said "ROM patched successfully." but after it and testing out the game, Surprise, Surprise! No shinies. Am I missing something here? Do I have to compile a script or something?

2) I'm trying to compile this script:
Code:
#dynamic 0x750000

#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x1
if 0x1 goto @ka
checkflag 0x2
if 0x1 goto @fuu
checkflag 0x3
if 0x1 goto @rai
checkflag 0x4
if 0x1 goto @do
checkflag 0x5
if 0x1 goto @sui
release
end

#org @ka
warp 0x3 0x1 0x1 0xC 0xC
release
end

#org @fuu
warp 0x3 0x2 0x1 0xC 0xC
release
end

#org @rai
warp 0x3 0x3 0x1 0xC 0xC
release
end

#org @do
warp 0x3 0x4 0x1 0xC 0xC
release
end

#org @sui
warp 0x3 0x5 0x1 0xC 0xC
release
end
It should warp to a map according to the flag set but it doesn't work. That is originally made for a Signpost event but it didn't work. I tried setting it on a Script Event, didn't work, again. (Note: Of course I set the Var Thingies on the Script Event!) And I tried it on a Person Event but it didn't work either. What's wrong?
Old May 27th, 2013, 09:26 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
Okay I have some questions!

1) We all know that Mastermind_X made an ASM Code to create unlimited shinies but, how do we make it so that the Player will NEVER EVER encounter a shiny?

1.5) On a side note, how do I use the Shinyzer? I already inserted the ASM it gives on an Emerald ROM and the tool said "ROM patched successfully." but after it and testing out the game, Surprise, Surprise! No shinies. Am I missing something here? Do I have to compile a script or something?

2) I'm trying to compile this script:
Spoiler:
Code:
#dynamic 0x750000

#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x1
if 0x1 goto @ka
checkflag 0x2
if 0x1 goto @fuu
checkflag 0x3
if 0x1 goto @rai
checkflag 0x4
if 0x1 goto @do
checkflag 0x5
if 0x1 goto @sui
release
end

#org @ka
warp 0x3 0x1 0x1 0xC 0xC
release
end

#org @fuu
warp 0x3 0x2 0x1 0xC 0xC
release
end

#org @rai
warp 0x3 0x3 0x1 0xC 0xC
release
end

#org @do
warp 0x3 0x4 0x1 0xC 0xC
release
end

#org @sui
warp 0x3 0x5 0x1 0xC 0xC
release
end

It should warp to a map according to the flag set but it doesn't work. That is originally made for a Signpost event but it didn't work. I tried setting it on a Script Event, didn't work, again. (Note: Of course I set the Var Thingies on the Script Event!) And I tried it on a Person Event but it didn't work either. What's wrong?
1. No idea.
1.5. Make a script to activate it.
Spoiler:

2. Try changing the flags that you are checking. I believe those flags you are using are automatically being restarted by the ROM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links