Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread

Old May 26th, 2013 (02:47 AM).
there's a place downtown
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Well the Hoenn Pokemon are by far my favourites, so it's great to see so many of them make a return. Now all I need to is Taillow/Swellow, Lunatone/Solrock & Swablu/Altaria and I'm set!
Old May 26th, 2013 (02:57 AM).
An awesome usertitle
Crystal Tier

Nature: Impish
Seeing a big chunk of Hoenn Pokémon would be awesome!
I'm always surprised when I get reminded of how badass Crawdaunt is.

^ Lunatone/Solrock and Swablu/Altaria were in Unova though! BW2 had a very cool selection of older Pokémon.
Old May 26th, 2013 (07:28 AM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Pokemon being in the battle mock ups and promotional images don't really mean much. They may or may not be in the game. Black and White were like this and B2W2 were as well.

Also don't expect to find the streams on Youtube anymore. Youtube has been deleting Pokemon streams for Pokemon Smaah, various TV episodes loaded onto it, and some battles because TPC updated the licensing on Pokemon merchandise that forced Youtube top remove those items from its site.

I think Zephyr and his other streaming friends are using different streaming sites to show the videos as they happen.
Old May 26th, 2013 (09:01 AM).
there's a place downtown
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by XanderO:
Pokemon being in the battle mock ups and promotional images don't really mean much. They may or may not be in the game. Black and White were like this and B2W2 were as well.
This is what I was thinking, although I do hope to see the Corphish line in X and Y along with plenty of other Hoenn Pokemon too.
Old May 26th, 2013 (10:35 AM).
WUB WUB
Gold Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Quote originally posted by Pokestick, good times.:
Lunatone/Solrock and Swablu/Altaria were in Unova though! BW2 had a very cool selection of older Pokémon.
BW2 had a great selection of older Gen Pokemon, and i hope XY get at least as many in the national Dex as BW2 did!!

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 26th, 2013 (02:41 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
I hope to see a decent number of generation 3-5 mons (though maybe limit the number of Gen 3 mons in these games for the remakes...if they're to make them). Mostly as I want to see evolutions of those 3 generations.
Old May 26th, 2013 (02:42 PM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by XanderO:
More than likely true, but the Corphish line would be cool to see in there. We already have the Marill line for physical Water types though, so who knows. They also don't care about that kind of stuff anyways so that probably isn't any justifiable reason for them NOT to include them, so at this point who knows. I just like Crawdaunt =P
Old May 26th, 2013 (04:12 PM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum TierCS

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
I hope to see a decent number of generation 3-5 mons (though maybe limit the number of Gen 3 mons in these games for the remakes...if they're to make them). Mostly as I want to see evolutions of those 3 generations.
Probably what's going to happen, anyway. It happened In Gen IV for most of Gen II's Pokemon(as well as Gen I), wouldn't be surprised if it happened this time around for Gen III (meaning I wouldn't be surprised if this time around, they were to evolve most of Gen III's Pokemon).

Old May 27th, 2013 (11:36 AM).
Que sera sera~

Nature: Naive
I would be eager to see the return of some Hoenn based Pokémon. I never had a chance to use a Crawdaunt before, so this might be my chance to test one out in the world of Kalos. Personally, I'd love to see more Pokémon from Sinnoh in the mix, but that's just because I have a love affair with the region itself.
Old May 27th, 2013 (12:25 PM).
Remember NovEnder

I wouldn't mind seeing some Hoenn Pokemon in X/Y. There are plenty of amazing Hoenn Pokemon I never got the chance to use in R/S/E, and new games would be a great opportunity to use them.

It wouldn't be a problem if there weren't a lot of Hoenn Pokemon in Kalos's Pokedex, but a decent amount would be nice.
Old May 27th, 2013 (04:40 PM).
Silver Tier

I'll like it if Spiritomb is available in game as it's one of the only Pokémon I've never have had a chance to use due to the gimmicky methods to obtain one (Keystone,Pokewalker Dream World), hopefully if it is in game in won't be like the Sinnoh method of obtaining it.
Old May 27th, 2013 (04:55 PM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum TierCS

I'll like it if Spiritomb is available in game as it's one of the only Pokémon I've never have had a chance to use due to the gimmicky methods to obtain one (Keystone,Pokewalker Dream World), hopefully if it is in game in won't be like the Sinnoh method of obtaining it.
Totally agreeing with this! Haha, I guess it's kind of bad that I forgot Spiritomb was a Pokemon. .____.;; So here's to hoping it makes some sort of presence in X/Y, however unlikely it might be. It might be kind of interesting to give it some sort of evolution, as it isn't really the best competitive fighter, so maybe giving it some sort of oomph helps?

Old May 28th, 2013 (01:31 AM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I'd like this as well. Though I wouldn't like it to be a Pokémon that can just be found in the wild. I think it should still be a once-only Pokémon, but this time it shouldn't need some ridiculous requirements to get.
Old May 28th, 2013 (01:51 AM).

Nature: Jolly
I hope they update the pokemon cries too. Make sure they're still recognisable, but better quality.

Also I hope they try to differentiate some of the first and second gen cries that sound similar. That's the only case where I wouldn't mind if their cries changed.

I'm not THAT much of a stickler for the cries and honestly I would be more protective of the 4th/5th gen cries (you know the actual good ones) then I would about the older beepboopbeep ones.
Old May 28th, 2013 (03:08 AM).
just a guy
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I'm all for more Hoenn Pokémon, although not too much because let's save them for the remakes (Hehehe). Question is, if there are a number of Hoenn Pokémon in the game, how many of them are getting new evolutions or pre-evolutions added to their lines.

I hope the cries get an update and sound a bit more natural. I think with the new graphics for battles and Pokémon, it'd be kind of weird hearing a lot of them with 8-bit cries still.
Old May 28th, 2013 (03:56 AM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum TierCS

Quote originally posted by Aerilyn:
Question is, if there are a number of Hoenn Pokémon in the game, how many of them are getting new evolutions or pre-evolutions added to their lines.

I hope the cries get an update and sound a bit more natural. I think with the new graphics for battles and Pokémon, it'd be kind of weird hearing a lot of them with 8-bit cries still.
I'd imagine a good lot of them would, though that's just me, personally. :x It'd be nice to at least some interesting new Gen III evos though!

Also agreeing with you on the cries. It was awkward when Pokemon Colosseum/XD did them (did they? It seemed so), I'd rather for some more...clearer and better-sounding cries, if that makes sense.

Old May 28th, 2013 (06:45 AM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

Honestly I wouldn't take having a bunch of Hoenn Pokémon games as automatically meaning that a bunch of them are going to get evolutions. I mean, the only two that we really know are the Marill and Zigzagoon lines. Marill already has three stages of evolutions, so that's just unlikely, plus giving the beginning rodent another evolution just seems like a strange turn of events to me. Not that I'd mind it, because I'd love to see a Linoone evolution, but it just would seem strange to me =P
Old May 28th, 2013 (07:02 AM).
Did you just pee??

B2W2 pokemon return would be great.
i would also like to see some sinnoh poke in the ganme

I hate people like you..
[/SIZE]
Old May 28th, 2013 (07:12 AM).
there's a place downtown
Platinum Tier

My ideal Pokedex would be made up of a moderately sized group of Kanto and Johto Pokemon, even more Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon, fewer Unova Pokemon and then obviously the new Kalos Pokemon.
Old May 28th, 2013 (07:20 AM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum TierCS

Quote originally posted by Jake♫:
Honestly I wouldn't take having a bunch of Hoenn Pokémon games as automatically meaning that a bunch of them are going to get evolutions. I mean, the only two that we really know are the Marill and Zigzagoon lines. Marill already has three stages of evolutions, so that's just unlikely, plus giving the beginning rodent another evolution just seems like a strange turn of events to me. Not that I'd mind it, because I'd love to see a Linoone evolution, but it just would seem strange to me =P
Oh of course! It'd be quite odd to me as well if all of the Gen III Pokemon in these games were to be given an evolution! Going by that logic, there would be a Crawdaunt evo (assuming that Crawdaunt is in these games which is pretty likely for the most part), and I'm not entirely sure how I'd feel about that, though I'm sure it might come across as strange to some.

Aside from that though, I'm fine if there's a large amount of Hoenn Pokes with not many evos this time around. At least we finally get a game that recognizes Hoenn and it's Pokemon, something that arguably long overdue.

Old May 28th, 2013 (07:23 AM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
Oh of course! It'd be quite odd to me as well if all of the Gen III Pokemon in these games were to be given an evolution! Going by that logic, there would be a Crawdaunt evo (assuming that Crawdaunt is in these games which is pretty likely for the most part), and I'm not entirely sure how I'd feel about that, though I'm sure it might come across as strange to some.

Aside from that though, I'm fine if there's a large amount of Hoenn Pokes with not many evos this time around. At least we finally get a game that recognizes Hoenn and it's Pokemon, something that arguably long overdue.
I agree completely. Although there was definitely a large handful of Hoenn Pokémon that got brought back into the B2/W2 Pokédex (and I posted a full list somewhere like a month ago, but I'm not going to go dig that up =P BUT there was probably around 10-13 families in there!), I'd love to see more of them get brought back again. And I'd love a Crawdaunt evolution, especially with how well he got treated with the physical/special split in Gen IV. He's now decent, but an evolution would be fantastic.
Old May 28th, 2013 (07:31 AM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum TierCS

I agree completely. Although there was definitely a large handful of Hoenn Pokémon that got brought back into the B2/W2 Pokédex (and I posted a full list somewhere like a month ago, but I'm not going to go dig that up =P BUT there was probably around 10-13 families in there!), I'd love to see more of them get brought back again. And I'd love a Crawdaunt evolution, especially with how well he got treated with the physical/special split in Gen IV. He's now decent, but an evolution would be fantastic.
Honestly, what I'd like to see in these games is a good tribute to the old Hoenn legendaries. I know it's been mentioned that it is incredibly unlikely that Jirachi would make an appearance due to the conflict of wishing vs Genetics (both have nothing to do with each other), but I suppose that argument can be made as far as HG/SS's inclusion of both Groudon and Kyogre (and I think Rayquaza?). Unless I'm wrong, I felt like they were kind of thrown in there "just because" (along with Latios and Latias, go figure!), so why not do the same with this generation?

Old May 28th, 2013 (07:48 AM).
Silver Tier

Marill is from gen 2 xD
So Zigzagoon is the only one we really have according to what we've seen of the dex in scans. An evolution for Linoone would be cool, though it's one of the regional Rodents so I sort of doubt it'll get one

I feel like Jirachi should be saved for the remakes or for third version (like Mew was in Emerald), it'll be quite strange to see it. I just noticed something, that's that most games don't have out of region in game event (as in mystery gift item and you catch it)Pokemon, so far I can only think of the Generation 3 and 4 third versions and the remakes made during those generations. So the chances of in game event are low for these games it seems
Old May 28th, 2013 (07:53 AM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

Well, Azurill came in Gen III, so I guess I was going off that, but yes, Marill is technically Gen II, my bad =P

Agreeing on Jirachi being saved. Honestly, I think I was the one to bring up the point originally (probably not lol), but wishing and genetics really just don't go together. Genetics being based on science and wishing being some mystical force just don't really seem to go together honestly.
Old May 28th, 2013 (07:57 AM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum TierCS

Quote:
Agreeing on Jirachi being saved. Honestly, I think I was the one to bring up the point originally (probably not lol), but wishing and genetics really just don't go together. Genetics being based on science and wishing being some mystical force just don't really seem to go together honestly.
But even then, like I said, it's not like this is the first time Gamefreak has thrown in legendary Pokemon into a game for no particular reason, really. Which is why I thought it wouldn't hurt in these games, though as a whole, I agree with you. xD;

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)