The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central > Spinoff Games

Notices

Spinoff Games If it isn't in the main series of Pokémon games, it goes here (games such as Mystery Dungeon, Colosseum, XD, and so on.)

Old May 26th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Puddi
Unhatched Egg

When I started fading away in PMD Blue Rescue Team and my partner was screaming my name I didn't think my heart would be able to take it ;_; I was crying so hard! And of course, I cried more when I came back to him. That game had a LOT of unexpected feelings.
Old May 26th, 2013, 06:51 PM
pLaster
musketeer

Nature: Mild
I almost got emotional uhh, in Time/Darkness when your partner is practically tripping back to the Rainbow Stoneship telling themselves they just have to make it home alive because you just disappeared in the space-time continuum.

Then I remembered how much I hated everyone, and I didn't.

Haven't played Sky, but I read a synopsis of the fifth episode (where Dusknoir and Grovyle team up) and that seemed pretty emotional as well.

I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker,
And I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker,
And in short, I was afraid.
Old May 28th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Chary
Yeah-Hah!

Nature: Adamant
The endings to the Mystery Dungeon games made me cry. In fact, whenever I played any of the Mystery Dungeon games, my parents would refer to it as the, "Game that made you cry." The ending to PMD Red/Blue made me sniffle at the end, and in Time/Dark/Sky, I managed to hold it together until the credits rolled. Then I nearly started sobbing.
Old May 29th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Creame
Dreams take you higher ♥

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddi View Post
When I started fading away in PMD Blue Rescue Team and my partner was screaming my name I didn't think my heart would be able to take it ;_; I was crying so hard! And of course, I cried more when I came back to him. That game had a LOT of unexpected feelings.
I had the same! At first I really thought it was all over.. And then I got to return, such a lovely feeling! I never cry at films or anything, but that ending really made me cry my eyes out!

Eeveelutions ♥
Old May 31st, 2013, 07:19 AM
And We're Off
Unhatched Egg

I almost cried when Grovyle went into the portal with Dusknoir at the rainbow thing.
Old June 8th, 2013, 01:31 PM
milkymew

Nature: Relaxed
the scene when you and your partner run away in red rescue team made me tear up... i felt bad for them all ;_;

Username: milkymew
Partner Pokemon: Flareon

Titles:[None]
Tatum's PokePet

Fira the level 80 Typhlosion!
Old June 10th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Pikayosh
Epic Pikachu

Nature: Gentle
I loved the mystery dungeon games the first one where you went away wasn't that bad until you were floating away and remembering things made me cry and the game made you adore things like caterpie it was the cutest little thing in the game 2nd being cyndaquil which i picked for both my partners in 1 and 2 the face he made when he cried in both made me cry as well especially in two whee you were leaving and he was walking away by himself

PM me if you want to Join the team!
Old July 7th, 2013, 01:08 AM
Proud To Be A Brony
Typhlosion goes BOOM

Nature: Bashful
Only played red and blue rescue team, but the ending of the main game always had me in tears. When your charater has to leave and all of the pokemon are practically crying always sets me off.

Still playing red rescue team on my gba emulator and am coming close to the end again. On the save point in the sky tower.

I'm a Brony, I'm proud to be one, and nobody can change who I am!
Old July 16th, 2013, 03:20 AM
LeafaTreecko

Yes, I cried at least twice during explorers of time. It was my first ever Pokemon game. I actually named my username for my Treecko named Leafa in explorers of time.
Old July 17th, 2013, 08:17 PM
TheKurtzinator
Professional Derp/Trainer

Nature: Lax
I'm not going to lie, I cried big time at the end of Blue Rescue Team. I just couldn't hold it back when my partner (Pikachu) was yelling my name as loud as he could.

My 6th Gen Shiny Pokemon - Lanturn (1st Shiny Ever!), Basculin, Poliwag, Gyarados, Dragalge, Corsola (Coral Blue #5), Drilbur, Greninja

Pokemon X FC: 1736-1658-9492

Safari Pokemon - (Ghost) Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, and Dusclops.
Old July 18th, 2013, 06:43 AM
TheDragonAira

Nature: Bold
Explorers of Time was the first game I had ever played that made me get emotional. I beat it when I woke up at three o' clock at the morning and couldn't fall back asleep, so I decided to play it.
My mom thought I had had a horrible nightmare when she heard me sobbing. I had already cried when Grovyle pushed Dusknoir back into the portal. But it was only a prelude of what was to come. The MC speaks for the one and only time in the series, and you tell your partner to live on and share your story so this never happens again as you are about to vanish...
Then, when Dialga grants your partner's wish and you come back... Tears of joy.

I hope X and Y improve on the story and go in the direction of PMD. Not the whole 'I'm a Pokemon' part, but the time travel of the Explorers series, running from the law trying to prove your innocence in Rescue Team and the tear jerking ending would make an amazing main series game.
Old July 18th, 2013, 07:53 PM
EJ Nero
OshaPower!

I got a little emotional in Red Rescue Team after I got kicked out of the town. There were other sad moments but that is the one I vividly remember. The music didn't help matters either. Man just thinking about it takes me back to good times. PMD is the only game to somewhat hit me on an emotional level.
Old July 31st, 2013, 05:43 AM
garchomp47
Dragon tamer

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to garchomp47
Yes was in pokemon mystery dungeon 2 when grovile went back to the future
Old July 31st, 2013, 10:03 PM
pokemanmdj
Random Passerby

Ah, hell ya, man.

I was bawling my eyes out at the event in PMD2 were Shiny Celebi and Grovyle were disappearing together.
I'm m-manly enough to admit I was c-crying. Sh, shush.
Even at the end of PMD2 where you
Spoiler:
accept that you will disappear, and later on do disappear.

I was really touched by the ending of PMD1 and when
Spoiler:
"Kyurem had killed Hydregion"
in Gates to Infinity.
Old August 10th, 2013, 06:42 AM
«Chuckles»
First of all, I'm not a "total psycho"

Nature: Brave
pokemon red rescue... when I completed the first playthrough of it I think I was crying and I yelled at my GBA to let me stay with them... O_O

PairTumblrAnime ListFriend Code
Old August 10th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Fiery Dash

I did not get emotional,
or my face didn't show it.
Though my heart ached during the finale events of PMD one and two.
Old August 10th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Keizaal
but innocence is gone

Played Time and Sky 3 times each. Cried every single time. Real tears were falling down my face.

And hopelessness is sinking in
And the wolves all cry
To fill the night with hollering

credit
Old August 11th, 2013, 09:59 AM
SinfulGuroRose
Ignore me, I'm socially inept.

Nature: Bashful
I don't think it's possible to not get emotional in any of the PMDs. ; A; But I think the one that hurt my soul the most was the fifth special episode in Sky. I keep tons of reviver seeds just so I can replay that as many times as I want.
Old August 11th, 2013, 07:25 PM
.:batto:.
Pokébreeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourageHound View Post
For those who have played the mystery dungeon series, most would say its an enjoyable series. Even tho I haven't played every single pokemon spin-off first hand, the PMD series is and will most likely always be my favorite pokemon spin-offs. But my question is; Have you ever reached a point in the game where you were struck emotionally, even a tiny bit? I have, and i'm not ashamed to say, that I've cried(like really, really badly) at certain scenes in all three games i've played so far.
Dude, Seriously if you cried over a video game you need emotional help.
There were some sad parts of Red Rescue Team. But never to the point of crying.
Old August 14th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Laylaw
"Smell ya later!" - Blue

Nature: Quirky
I cried at PMD: Gates to Infinity's ending. That was ONE horrible ending, I tell you.
When my main character had to leave the Pokémon World, and go back to being a human, I couldn't help but tear up. It got worse when he/she got the messages from all its friends in the Pokémon world, including the partner. That made my heart ache. ):
Old August 14th, 2013, 04:37 AM
Darkrai666
ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai

Nature: Lax
I never really finished any one And I really got emotional after i beat raquaza Since you go away But atleast you come back

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 14th, 2013, 03:45 PM
*Icecold*
Bow down to Queen Meowstic

Nature: Hasty
For Blue Rescue, I had already heard what happened so I only shrugged when it happened. For a little kid who had no idea what was getting ready to happen, they may cry. I didn't, and the entire ending was lame if you ask me... It's like "Okay bye" and then while the light lifts up to the sky, you go "Alright, I'm going back down" and it's like nothing even happened!

Explorers of Sky made my heart ache, but I didn't cry. It was still really, really sad though! I felt so bad for my Meowth partner! He went months without his best friend.

But the saddest I've ever gotten was in Gates of Infinity. Awesome game, by the way. The ending actually made my eyes water! Especially when you had already heard that your partner was an orphan with no family... DANG IT CREATURES INC AND GAME FREAK! DANG IT!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 19th, 2013, 10:36 AM
the apex predator.

Oh, man. I was prepared for a different experience but I was not prepared for what PMD: Explorers of Time did to me. No way. Nothing could have prepared me for the emotional washing machine I was basically thrown into. Jesus, that was probably the most heartbreaking game I've ever played. I really think what did it was the actual friendship formed between the Pokemon. In regular Pokemon, it's really sad when, like in the first movie, either the human or the Pokemon goes through a tough time and the other is there to comfort them, but seeing the friendship between the Pokemon was kind of like seeing friendship between humans akin to the relationships of, say, the pack in Teen Wolf. It's a very tightly knitted group of friends staying together by primal instinct, and when one member leaves or dies for reasons like that in PMD: EoT it's just, like, ten times sadder. :/

I'm planning on downloading it as a ROM again because I remember I played my sister's cartridge and I literally stayed up all night playing it. I started at 10pm and finished somewhere around 7am without taking a break. So worth it. I was so impressed with the game and I think I fell asleep with tear tracks on my face, haha.
Old August 19th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Starlight angel
icebreaker

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Starlight angel
I did get a little emotional at one point after when I first heard about it and it made me sad a little but it came through my childhood memeroies
Old August 19th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Arca09

Nature: Jolly
Oh man who doesn't feel emotional playing PMD?

Spoiler:
I don't remember the first one very well... but I really hated that part when we had to run away, it really made you feel alone and unwanted.

But man the second game,

When grovyle sacrificed himself... and when we disappeared and our partner tried to keep it together after all those months... it was just heartbreaking. And the fact that we ACTUALLY TALKED before we left. I think that really stood out to me.

I think what was sad was the fact that we never did return to that normal trainer life with our grovyle.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links